Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2003

Thread: The Woods Are Lovely, Dark and Deep

  1. #1291
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Yeah, that would be nice!
    Yvonne will play a supporting role in this season of Dexter, I'm really looking forward to that.
    Woah, thanks for the good news, I didn't know about this. Too bad, Dexter quality is going south after season 4, IMHO.

    Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    I remembered seeing Adam Baldwin (John Casey) in Castle and he's in three episodes of Law & Order: SVU.
    Adam is a good and versatile actor. What's funny is that he is afraid of gun even though he is often portraying military/secret agent character . Too bad Zachary Levi new pilot was not picked up by FOX though..

  2. #1292
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    He had a pilot?

    What was it about?

    I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

  3. #1293
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    The problem is there isn't many people in the organization. Each of us are drowned with equally exhausting work.

    I only watched season 1..
    Isn't there a way to recruit more people? or are they reluctant to join? But do your best!

    JUST season 1? yuki, watch it; season 2 is better than 1 and season 3-4 are just below in quality then season 5 is brilliant!

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Where have you been, bitish? ò.ó
    Sorry I've been at work for a long time this past week. How are you? Congrats again on becoming a green~

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    I really, REALLY don't like that guy. Back when he was still with Madrid and in his first few months at Pool I thought he was a great and very talented player. But now he's just become some kinda laughing stock...

    Congrats to yesterday's victory! Lukas the loo scored yet again, huh!? Who would have thought... I heard he's been harmonizing splendidly with Gervinho so far?
    Same here, I thought he would've been quite legendary at Liverpool had he decided to stay with Gerrard and co, but on the other hand he's winning some trophies at Chelsea so his decision with that in mind is understandable.

    Yep, I really like Podolski and Carzola's perfomances so far this season and yes Gervinho has been surprisingly good; quite the stand out player so far. His forehead was so disappointing last season but now he's become more clinical and a solid team player. Hope he carries on.

    Quote Quote:

    Ugh, spare me with that ending.

    But speaking of Chuck, your post reminded me just how great the music was on that show! I can't recall any other series - with the only exception being Scrubs maybe - that featured music as awesome and fitting!
    Especially the range of musical styles was impressive. We had the cool and funky stuff (like Teddybear's "Cobrastyle" or The Deekompressors' "Rock the House" to name just two examples), there were funny and dorky songs (e.g. JEFFSTER!!! or that "Foux du Fafa" from Flight of the Conchords) and of course loooaaaads of other great and touching tracks (I for one fell in love with Bon Iver through this show)!
    Ah yes foux du fafa is an awesome song and particularly in the context of that scene. THere are loads more like you say, plus this one too:




    And who can forget Jeffster's rendition of Toto's Africa:


    Quote Quote:
    Yeah, that would be nice!
    Yvonne will play a supporting role in this season of Dexter, I'm really looking forward to that.
    Yeah I saw her interview about that, think she might play a baddie.

  4. #1294
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Good luck with your job, goldb.

    What's your job anyway if I may ask?

    Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    He had a pilot?

    What was it about?
    I'm not really sure, probably another Comedy-themed series again. The series was not picked up because FOX executives think that Mindy Kaling's (from The Office) series is better. Don't know if this rumor is true or not.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #1295
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ジャニーズ事務所
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Woah, thanks for the good news, I didn't know about this. Too bad, Dexter quality is going south after season 4, IMHO.

    Adam is a good and versatile actor. What's funny is that he is afraid of gun even though he is often portraying military/secret agent character . Too bad Zachary Levi new pilot was not picked up by FOX though..
    Yeah, Dexter has its length every now and then. I sure missed Doakes as an antipode to Dexter more than often. But IMO the last two seasons had their own charm. I for one was a huge fan of Lumen and the religious theme in season 6 got me reaaa~lly hooked. (That and the dynamic of Olmos and Hanks aka Prof. Geller and Travis Marshall!) And then there was the long overdue cliffhanger for last season's finale...

    So, altogether I think Dexter is still enjoyable as hell. Certainly not as deep and as controversial as it started out and as the writers want us to believe at times but still pretty darn good. - Plus, I hope this season will finally start kicking things up so that the series can end with a bang in two years! (high expectations)


    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Yep, I really like Podolski and Carzola's perfomances so far this season and yes Gervinho has been surprisingly good; quite the stand out player so far. His forehead was so disappointing last season but now he's become more clinical and a solid team player. Hope he carries on.
    Continuing the football talk: Who are your favorite (still active) players, be it from the Gunners or in general? Any all-time favs?

    And damn, I think I felt a part of my soul disappearing last week or at least turning pitch black. I never thought I would find myself rooting for ManShitty but when they were up against Dortmund I really had to weigh the options. And since Jürgen Klopp's Bees are right up my ass (I don't even mean them stealing the title from us, that was well-deserved. But I simply just can't stand all those Dortmund fanboys who keep springing up like mushrooms just because they're the new "in" club and have a little national success. German media also jumps on that bandwagon and butters them up to the max...) so I wanted the sheiks to win.

    I feel bad - but just a little bit. Mainly because Balotelli's penalty was cold as ice and his reaction to that douche Weidenfeller's provocation hit it out of the park! Balotelli = BOSS!!!

    Quote Quote:
    Ah yes foux du fafa is an awesome song and particularly in the context of that scene.
    Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Chuck is one of those shows that uses something coined "speaking music" in German. Dunno if that term exists in English. It means a scene is not only accompanied and emphasized by the mood and the timbre of a song but the lyrics tend to match it [i.e. the scene] as well.

    TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

  7. #1296
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Isn't there a way to recruit more people? or are they reluctant to join? But do your best!

    JUST season 1? yuki, watch it; season 2 is better than 1 and season 3-4 are just below in quality then season 5 is brilliant!
    The other students prefer not to join because they think it's troublesome to be involved in student organization. This is a problem since years ago, it's hard to change people's conception. :/

    If only someone can buy the DVD for me... I have no time to download it... Currently I can only handle two series: Once Upon A Time and Supernatural. :/

  8. #1297
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Good luck with your job, goldb.

    What's your job anyway if I may ask?
    Thanks Dora~

    Hospitality and Catering

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Continuing the football talk: Who are your favorite (still active) players, be it from the Gunners or in general? Any all-time favs?
    Hmmmm favourite players of all time would be Zidane, Del Piero, Bergkamp, Henry, Yohan Cryuff, Franz Beckenbauer. I can't think of more but yeah they are my favourite players of all time. The first 3 stand out though Yours?


    Quote Quote:
    And damn, I think I felt a part of my soul disappearing last week or at least turning pitch black. I never thought I would find myself rooting for ManShitty but when they were up against Dortmund I really had to weigh the options. And since Jürgen Klopp's Bees are right up my ass (I don't even mean them stealing the title from us, that was well-deserved. But I simply just can't stand all those Dortmund fanboys who keep springing up like mushrooms just because they're the new "in" club and have a little national success. German media also jumps on that bandwagon and butters them up to the max...) so I wanted the sheiks to win.

    I feel bad - but just a little bit. Mainly because Balotelli's penalty was cold as ice and his reaction to that douche Weidenfeller's provocation hit it out of the park! Balotelli = BOSS!!!
    Very true, Balotelli is one of those players you just CAN'T hate; it's impossible. He's a bloody legend lol. I remember the days when Leverkusen and Werder Bremen used to be the "in" teams, Borussia have always been in and around there but not really amounting to much. I have heard that when the German media go behind a team, they REALLY go all out . I didn't watch the past week's champions league besides Madrid's match iirc.


    Quote Quote:
    Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Chuck is one of those shows that uses something coined "speaking music" in German. Dunno if that term exists in English. It means a scene is not only accompanied and emphasized by the mood and the timbre of a song but the lyrics tend to match it [i.e. the scene] as well.
    I dunno either to be fair but I understand what you mean. Mate I've literally spent the last hour watching Chuck videos on youtube and forgot to link the tracks I remembered back here. Except this one:



    Ohhhh man~

    Oh and this:



    Too much feels, I'm gonna stop lol.

    ---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    The other students prefer not to join because they think it's troublesome to be involved in student organization. This is a problem since years ago, it's hard to change people's conception. :/

    If only someone can buy the DVD for me... I have no time to download it... Currently I can only handle two series: Once Upon A Time and Supernatural. :/
    I get that, though it's a shame.

    Find a way, I'm sure there are streams somewhere...

  9. #1298
    MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ジャニーズ事務所
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Hmmmm favourite players of all time would be Zidane, Del Piero, Bergkamp, Henry, Yohan Cryuff, Franz Beckenbauer. I can't think of more but yeah they are my favourite players of all time. The first 3 stand out though Yours?
    Cruyff and Beckenbauer? Holy cow, getting quite nostalgic there. But nice picks! Let's see...

    * currently active and from my team:
    • Arjen Robben (I <3 him a lot. He's a real pro; a fighter with an uncompromising will to win who never gave up beside all his hardships. Back in 09/10 he was right up there with Messi and Cristiano. - But what's even more important: He is a really great guy off the field as far as I can tell.)
    • Luiz Gustavo (True monster of defending! If you've seen our matches against Madrid last season you know what I'm talking about. [Check this out.])
    • and David Alaba (That boy got a bright future ahead of him... the way he played last year blew us all away. And he is such a likable character!)
    * other currently active players (alphabetical order): Balotelli, Forlán, Gerrard, Henry, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Kaká, Messi, Pirlo, Xavi [some of which might have passed their prime a few years ago but that doesn't matter]

    * all-time favorites (alphabetical order):
    • Gabriel Batistuta
    • Giovane Elber
    • (Thierry Henry)
    • Oliver Kahn
    • Gaizka Mendieta
    • Pavel Nedvěd
    • (Arjen Robben)

    Quote Quote:
    Very true, Balotelli is one of those players you just CAN'T hate; it's impossible. He's a bloody legend lol.
    He's batshit crazy and nothing short but quirky as hell but at the same time very likable!
    And one tends to forget how young he still is. Dude looks waaay older!

    Quote Quote:
    I dunno either to be fair but I understand what you mean. Mate I've literally spent the last hour watching Chuck videos on youtube and forgot to link the tracks I remembered back here.
    Lol, I know that one all too well... you start and see another interesting video in the recommendation list, and then you click the next one, and "oh, what's that?", and before you know an hour or two have flown by! xD - So, thanks for getting me hooked. Now I know what I'll be doing for the next hour or so...

    --

    Oh and btw: Thanks for thinking of me in the Community Awards. Took me really by surprise! - The good kind though...
    Last edited by Mr. Prince; October 10, 2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typo

    TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

  10. #1299
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: " The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass"

    Is your thread title a GoT reference?

    I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

  11. #1300
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Cruyff and Beckenbauer? Holy cow, getting quite nostalgic there. But nice picks! Let's see...

    * currently active and from my team:
    • Arjen Robben (I <3 him a lot. He's a real pro; a fighter with an uncompromising will to win who never gave up beside all his hardships. Back in 09/10 he was right up there with Messi and Cristiano. - But what's even more important: He is a really great guy off the field as far as I can tell.)
    • Luiz Gustavo (True monster of defending! If you've seen our matches against Madrid last season you know what I'm talking about. [Check this out.])
    • and David Alaba (That boy got a bright future ahead of him... the way he played last year blew us all away. And he is such a likable character!)
    * other currently active players (alphabetical order): Balotelli, Forlán, Gerrard, Henry, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Kaká, Messi, Pirlo, Xavi [some of which might have passed their prime a few years ago but that doesn't matter]

    * all-time favorites (alphabetical order):
    • Gabriel Batistuta
    • Giovane Elber
    • (Thierry Henry)
    • Oliver Kahn
    • Gaizka Mendieta
    • Pavel Nedvěd
    • (Arjen Robben)
    Yeah I liked the way those old school players played the game and they were so professional back then; even more than now.

    Well I tried not to include current players like Xavi, Iniesta or Messi, Buffon, Casillas who are already legends in their own right...

    I forgot Nedved! Man....Juventus back in the day with Thuram, Davids, Buffon; that was such a good team.

    Quote Quote:
    He's batshit crazy and nothing short but quirky as hell but at the same time very likable!
    And one tends to forget how young he still is. Dude looks waaay older!
    Yeah can't believe we're the same age or if hes younger. Damn.
    Quote Quote:
    Oh and btw: Thanks for thinking of me in the Community Awards. Took me really by surprise! - The good kind though...
    You're welcome, I hope you're gonna get more nominations and get a campaign going

    Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Is your thread title a GoT reference?
    No no, Lord of the Rings. I've just got it in 1080p crazy amazing quality. Thinking I owe it a marathon soon

    How are you?

  12. #1301
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    5,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: " The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass"

    Robben was not "up there" with Ronaldo and Messi in 09. To think so its to have heavily biased spectacles on. That sounds like the same thing that use to be said by deluded Inter fans about Sneijder after their CL win.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

  13. #1302
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: " The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass"

    sup bobbie ray?
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  14. #1303
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    5,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: " The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass"

    Oh and my apologies for just barging into the conversation like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

  15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #1304
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: " The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass"

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    sup bobbie ray?
    Good, chilling.

    How's work? any progress with the red stuff?

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #1305
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: "Dreams Flow, A Star Shines"

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    No no, Lord of the Rings. I've just got it in 1080p crazy amazing quality. Thinking I owe it a marathon soon

    How are you?
    Oh I see. Are you going to watch The Hobbit then?

    I'm good. Yourself?

    How was work?

    I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Thread Closed
Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts