Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Woods Are Lovely, Dark and Deep

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Look To Your Sins, The Night is Dark and full of Terrors." - Part 1

It's pretty good.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The middle movie, Temple of Doom is the worst one IMO. Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade are at least on par with each other. I keep going back and forth in regards to which one I prefer.

I think I would still take Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, or Schindler's List ahead of Indiana Jones as far as Spielberg movies go. I guess I split the credit for Indiana Jones between Spielberg and George Lucas

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, other than Gundam 00, the franchise seems to be overrated. I didn't like all others I tried.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    It's pretty good.
    Maybe I'll look it up someday.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    The middle movie, Temple of Doom is the worst one IMO. Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade are at least on par with each other. I keep going back and forth in regards to which one I prefer.

I think I would still take Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, or Schindler's List ahead of Indiana Jones as far as Spielberg movies go. I guess I split the credit for Indiana Jones between Spielberg and George Lucas
    I wonder why people like the movie where it's about sharks eating people, I mean, yeah, it's the thrill but still...
    All I know about Schindler's List is the theme song, which is very good and sad, but I've never watched it and don't intend to.

George Lucas, huh? I think of him more as the man behind Star Wars, which is good too. The first trilogy, I mean. The prequel trilogy is somehow not satisfying.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I wonder why people like the movie where it's about sharks eating people, I mean, yeah, it's the thrill but still...
    All I know about Schindler's List is the theme song, which is very good and sad, but I've never watched it and don't intend to.

George Lucas, huh? I think of him more as the man behind Star Wars, which is good too. The first trilogy, I mean. The prequel trilogy is somehow not satisfying.
    It's not about the shark. The movie as a whole is phenomenal. The acting, the soundtrack, everything.

Schindler's List isn't an easy movie for people to watch, but it's a masterclass in film-making IMO.

Yeah, he created and wrote the Indy movies. The prequel trilogy has some great moments but as a whole they can't stand up to the original. They flopped in choosing who to play Anakin and there's just too much blue/green screen acting going on. Everything looks artificial and so do the performances. The last movie is the best IMO.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It's not about the shark. The movie as a whole is phenomenal. The acting, the soundtrack, everything.

Schindler's List isn't an easy movie for people to watch, but it's a masterclass in film-making IMO.

Yeah, he created and wrote the Indy movies. The prequel trilogy has some great moments but as a whole they can't stand up to the original. They flopped in choosing who to play Anakin and there's just too much blue/green screen acting going on. Everything looks artificial and so do the performances. The last movie is the best IMO.
    O...kay. At least I can admit the soundtrack is quite phenomenal.

Not an easy one indeed. Even reading the summary takes a lot from me.

Which last movie? The last movie in the first trilogy, right? Because in the prequel one, I kinda hate it. The acting seems superficial, I cannot even feel Anakin's anguish through the movie, while actually if the acting is better, I think I can be sympathetic.
    The first trilogy will always be a legend. I remember quite a lot of lines from the movies.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    O...kay. At least I can admit the soundtrack is quite phenomenal.

Not an easy one indeed. Even reading the summary takes a lot from me.

Which last movie? The last movie in the first trilogy, right? Because in the prequel one, I kinda hate it. The acting seems superficial, I cannot even feel Anakin's anguish through the movie, while actually if the acting is better, I think I can be sympathetic.
    The first trilogy will always be a legend. I remember quite a lot of lines from the movies.
    Indeed, and Robert Shaw's performance in that movie is classic.

Yeah, Revenge of the Sith. Hayden Christensen was pretty awful as Anakin, but I think everything else about that movie sort of overshadowed how bad he is as an actor. I'm not sure why Lucas made that choice, it's baffling.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I only watch Revenge of the Sith for the epic fight scenes between Yoda/ Sith and Anakin/Obi-Wan; the whole thing down to the tracks are bloody well done.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't watch the SW prequel trilogy (well, the first one only but I didn't bother watching the last two), but yeah they mostly suck.

Anyway, how was your day?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they're still worth seeing if you're a Star Wars fan, but they're mostly disappointing.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't watch the SW prequel trilogy (well, the first one only but I didn't bother watching the last two), but yeah they mostly suck.

Anyway, how was your day?
    So you watched the WORST one out of the whole bunch and not the better ones? to be fair, you're not missing much but watch Revenge of the Sith.

Day was long lol, since we've had 2 days bank holiday, most places were closed til today so it seems like the old ladies missed their teas and scones cos we had PLENTY of them today. Did a double shift today after my manager texted me at 10pm last night to cover for someone else. So just got home just over an hour ago.

How was yours?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good.

After my mom, my brother, and I took the dogs out for a walk, we went to get something to eat. My mom and I went to a local donut/Greek place and ordered a gyro combo. Since the owner knows us, she usually gave us a free donut too. ^^ Anyway, we went shopping and I bumped into a high school classmate so we talked for a bit. Afterward, we went to The Park of Roses, where we befriended a guy (he lived next to the park) who gave us some cacti to plant.

I haven't started writing yet though. ^^;

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the first one is the worst necessarily...but the last one is definitely the best.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good.

After my mom, my brother, and I took the dogs out for a walk, we went to get something to eat. My mom and I went to a local donut/Greek place and ordered a gyro combo. Since the owner knows us, she usually gave us a free donut too. ^^ Anyway, we went shopping and I bumped into a high school classmate so we talked for a bit. Afterward, we went to The Park of Roses, where we befriended a guy (he lived next to the park) who gave us some cacti to plant.

I haven't started writing yet though. ^^;
    Sounds like a good day out Need to taste some greek food, never had any
    That park looks lovely, there's a park like that we used to go to in Liege, Belgium to take family photos and such; they are quite similar looking. Though it's been so long that I can't remember what it's called anymore.

Take your time with chapter 3, I mean you worked hard to bring chapter 2 out quite fast, so relax and just let it come to you No hurry, plus this way I can do other stuff.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just trying to organize my thoughts and whatnot. Not to mention I'm writing some E3 news as well. ^^

Greek food is delish especially the gyro and baklava.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast