Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Now this was the best freaking episode so far... 10/10. My only complaint is that they decided to move (hopefully not exclude) the part with Killua's story about Silva. It would have a bigger impact right before the battle.
    For the next episode, I'm a bit confused... They definitely can't remove all the omitted parts so far because that just doesn't make sense plot wise. But the episode showed a guy who appears only in the end of ch. 87, while now there are 84 chapters covered with omission of 8 pages of Gon&co stuff. I was pretty sure they wouldn't go further than ch. 86. Not to mention that the guy (don't remember the name lol) seems to be actively arguing with Zepile which is chapter 88... Man, I don't know anymore what's MH up to.
    P.S. RIP Uvo T_T
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; September 16, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect they think that people will be bored or something with Gon searching for Greed Island and so are trying to get through that as quickly as possible.

Depending on how the next episode is I might have to give up on Yorknew as far as the hunt for Greed Island goes.

Though Kurapika's revenge story should likely be spot on. So I'll say 2011 for Kurapika. 99 for Greed Island Hunt. Lest Madhouse proves me wrong.

After that it will be up to Greed Island to decide once and for all who is the more faithful to the manga.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, this part was rushed in NA version as well. They covered 85 through 88 in a single episode.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Actually, this part was rushed in NA version as well. They covered 85 through 88 in a single episode.
    the question though is how much is changed or left out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Really interesting review on Anime Say of this episode:
    http://youtu.be/1oSP3hAtfM4

What he says about Kurapika's soul hanging in the balance in this arc is 100% true.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I waited two whole hours to watch this because our internet connection was that bad.

But woah. Woah. I have no words.

This is perfect. Just perfect. I think they nailed the characterizations here. Kurapika and Uvogin had amazing VA's. And yeah, I'm just gonna repeat what everyone already said with the torture scene and how you would feel sorry for Uvo, and you could clearly see the gray area in HxH, especially with Kurapika. So instead of expounding on that, I'm just gonna say that I like how they did Kurapika's eyes during the end, when he was burying Uvo. That dark, glazed look where you can hardly see any details... that's the set of Kurapika eyes I was looking for since the arc started.

I always felt like the phone call was supposed to be chilling, and I think MH delivered well. I have no complaints over Kurapika's character here. I think he was done perfectly. He was the perfect balance of angry, composed, condescending, and calculating.

I don't usually grade episodes, but 10/10 for me.

Also, I forget, but was burying Uvo also in the manga? I just find it interesting that Kurapika still has the decency to bury the guy, haha.

7. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    I waited two whole hours to watch this because our internet connection was that bad.

But woah. Woah. I have no words.

This is perfect. Just perfect. I think they nailed the characterizations here. Kurapika and Uvogin had amazing VA's. And yeah, I'm just gonna repeat what everyone already said with the torture scene and how you would feel sorry for Uvo, and you could clearly see the gray area in HxH, especially with Kurapika. So instead of expounding on that, I'm just gonna say that I like how they did Kurapika's eyes during the end, when he was burying Uvo. That dark, glazed look where you can hardly see any details... that's the set of Kurapika eyes I was looking for since the arc started.

I always felt like the phone call was supposed to be chilling, and I think MH delivered well. I have no complaints over Kurapika's character here. I think he was done perfectly. He was the perfect balance of angry, composed, condescending, and calculating.

I don't usually grade episodes, but 10/10 for me.

Also, I forget, but was burying Uvo also in the manga? I just find it interesting that Kurapika still has the decency to bury the guy, haha.
    I had the same problem than you...Yes it was really perfect, the darkest episode.Even if i would have preferred Death Agony instead of The man of the reversed cross.At least,this episode showed that they haven't forgotten Genei no Banka.

I find the fact that we feel sorry about Uvo's death a little funny because i realize after that without all these deaths,the manga wouldn't be the same.

And yes,he buried him in the manga.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I got goosebumps at 4:07 when Kurapika said "You will atone through death!" and Uvo makes that "Huh? Don't fuck with me you cocky bastard" expression. Shame I couldn't find a gif of that one. Uvo's facial expressions are just plain badass.

but seriously when Uvo made that expression and went

I was going YES! since then I knew it would be epic and it really was. My anticipation for this fight was really, really high but it was even better than I expected.
    Seriously, you just have to love this episode

/fanboy rant over

10. Like 10 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chrollo's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Next week is the most boring part of YN arc >.< Skip it lol

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. I wouldn't actually mind if Kurapika doesn't show up next week, haha.

And I just realized that next week Zepile will be appearing and everyone would be walking around Yorkshin. Worldbuilding opportunities!

I am actually getting excited for the next episode. Madhouse, do your best. Make me fall in love with the place.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't have much too say, except that once again...

If there was anything wrong with it, it was the sound. The sound effects were awesome in episode 35, though in this episode they were a little muffled (is that the right word?) due to the background music. Also, I really wanted to hear Death Agony in this episode. I really, really did. Anyway, besides those gripes, this episode was a work of art! Sawashiro Miyuki blew me away with her incredible voice acting!

15. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrollo View Post
    Next week is the most boring part of YN arc >.< Skip it lol
    It's because of viewers like you that they decided to rush this part =/
    What's the matter, really? Am I the only one to find it one of the most entertaining parts?

17. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

It is just me or does Kurapika actually look more feminine looking in this episode? Considering that he is a girl... I really got distracted by his look during the fight.
    I really like the fight scene but it wasn't at the level of Hisoka vs Gon fight.
    And the amount of blood in this episode was just...wooah. The manga version didn't have that much blood.Madhouse really wasn't kidding about the level of violence.

8/10 for this episode.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

What's the matter, really? Am I the only one to find it one of the most entertaining parts?
    I do like that part but somehow Kurapika's story is more interesting and that's why most people pay attention to it.The 1999 version put the spotlight more on kurapika story.I hope madhouse doesn't do that.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chrollo's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea I enjoyed it once...a different take on it is unimportant...Chimera Ant arc already :P

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like how you get to see the difference in the length of Kurapika's hair when you compare his hair in the fight and his hair during the flashback. Minor detail, I know. But it's still interesting.

Question: What did you guys think of Kurapika's eyes? I expected them to be a bit brighter honestly, though this is just me nitpicking. I do like how they used black and white for Uvo's death though, which really brings out the red in the blood and the moon, and of course, Kurapika's scarlet eyes. And I've already mentioned how I loved how his eyes looked when he was burying Uvogin.

I find them to be just as entertaining as Kurapika's parts. Hence why I'm excited for next week. I love Zepile. And I think we need a breather from Kurapika for a moment, but that's just me.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast