Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Meso View Post
    Killua and Sadaso. I didn't really understand the whole knife part. Or the so called deal that was broken.
    You know, when I was reading the manga for the first time, I couldn't understand the part about breaking the promise neither (as the word 'promise' was too oftenly used in that chapter xD). That's why I dropped it that time btw.
    As I see it now, Sadaso promised to wait until Gon's training ends and to fight fairly with him, having default victories only from Killua. Now they broke that promise and that's why Killua was mad.
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; July 27, 2012 at 03:56 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadaso wanted to fight Killua and Gon before the end of May so he could get closer to being a floor master. However, Killua couldn't fight before June 9th and Gon on June 10th per Wing's request. So Sadaso kidnapped Zushi as a way to coerce them into fighting. Killua caught them and got Zushi back under the condition that Sadaso register to fight him and Killua forfeit the match. He said he has to follow Gon's rules regarding his match, as Gon would be happy to fight him on June 10th. Basically, despite Killua's deal, Guido used Zushi's shoe to coerce Gon into fighting Sadaso before he is allowed to fight. Killua's deal only covered his fight, on May 29th, that he would forfeit, but didn't cover Gon vs. Sadaso (they had to follow Gon's schedule - I mean, Gon's not going to forfeit a fight).

Then, during the Gyo scene, Killua figures out Gon was threatened by them to fight. Then he threatened Sadaso with the knife because he technically broke his end of the deal.

I didn't understand it fully in the manga, but I did after watching this. Killua said a couple lies regarding how he found Zushi and that his birthday's on May 29th, which is why he wanted to fight Sadaso then. MH left those parts out.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; July 27, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Meso's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot man. That made the whole cripple episodes make much more sense to me..I still want my instrumental version of Tell Me. ;~;
    "It's the things that you cannot possess, that are the most beautiful": (Gilgamesh to Saber during his defeat)

"Me? Stop you? Don't worry, there's no chance of that happening..": (Kurapika's eyes turning red at Hanzo beating up Gon)

"Fuck you asshole! We have just as much say as the rest of you in this bullshit!" (Takashi to the adults during the Zombie Outbreak)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how I miss watching Hunter x Hunter on Sundays. I go a few days without watching the new episode and when I finally do this thread is flooded with comments. I actually felt a little intimidated...

My thoughts on this episode? Kurapika was a boss! I loved the action sequences in this episode, particularly Kurapika's. This episode did feel a little dragged out though, but that's understandable seeing as they might want to introduce the actual Yorknew arc in the next episode. The music direction was also a little odd, not letting a lot of tracks finish before playing another track.

As for who my favourite out of the main characters is, I'd say the ranking would be something like this:
    Gon > Leorio > Killua > Kurapika
    My favourite Spider? Feitan obviously! I can so totally see him (or should I say hear him) speak like L on Death Note xD
    My favourite bodyguard would be Senritsu of course, after her it would Basho seeing as he's a total badass in the current anime. I like Baise too, she was kind of boring in the Nippon anime but here she's cool.

By the way, I have a question for you guys: Have you managed to get any of your friends into Hunter x Hunter?
    I managed to get two friends of mine to watch the current anime, and now they love it! It helps that they're in a Graphics Design course which means that they've gotten a little more into manga/anime (though it's become more mainstream now in Portugal due to Naruto and Animax). One of them has even begun reading the manga!

Last but not least, a (un)funny joke:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Crude; July 28, 2012 at 09:32 AM.

5. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I hope Feitan has a somewhat creepy type voice.

I hated both his old Japanese and English voices.

7. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Feitan's old voice was okay, it conveyed his character well, but I wished it was more masculine. I think its still a female voice actress again if I'm not mistaken.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MrShubblez's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Feitan is voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi, known for L (Death Note), Ranma (Ranma 1/2), Inu Yasha and Usopp (One Piece).

I think this part here gives a good impression how his voice will be like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pKLb...ailpage#t=176s

I think this voice fits him ^^

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...bers-announced
    Last edited by MrShubblez; July 27, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrShubblez View Post
    Feitan is voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi, known for L (Death Note), Ranma (Ranma 1/2), Inu Yasha and Usopp (One Piece).

I think this part here gives a good impression how his voice will be like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pKLb...ailpage#t=176s

I think this voice fits him ^^

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...bers-announced
    Yeah, I think Kappei Yamaguchi will do Feitan justice.
    Though I wouldn't want it to be TOO much like L because
    while L is somewhat creepy it's a different creepy from Feitan.
    L you would be afraid of him stalking you. Feitan you be afraid
    of him being Satan incarnate.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Actually for that matter I have faith in all the voices. Though it's really the English dub that I'm worrying about.

Thinking about it, I'm wondering if I should place the old dub as generally average to below average with some great exceptions.

Because I think for example English dub Netero is great.
    But there's a lot of not so great characters. Probably because
    of all the voice recycling they do.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xScar's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Thinking about it, I'm wondering if I should place the old dub as generally average to below average with some great exceptions.

Because I think for example English dub Netero is great.
    But there's a lot of not so great characters. Probably because
    of all the voice recycling they do.
    The English dub is definitely below average. There are a few standouts, but it's not that hard when you put them up against crap. Leorio was fine, the rest of the mains were pretty bad. Chrollo was a decent one too.

However, no need to worry about those voices again. Viz already said they weren't getting it, so if FUNimation gets it, we should get a nice dub :3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Viz wasn't even at fault for the dub. Their anime tend to have some very good dubs, but they also outsource to dubbing companies. If Viz ends up with it you can guarantee it wouldn't be Blue Water again.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xScar View Post
    The English dub is definitely below average. There are a few standouts, but it's not that hard when you put them up against crap. Leorio was fine, the rest of the mains were pretty bad. Chrollo was a decent one too.

However, no need to worry about those voices again. Viz already said they weren't getting it, so if FUNimation gets it, we should get a nice dub :3
    Quote Originally Posted by xScar View Post

Well see that I don't agree with. I don't think they stood out because the others were crap
    but rather because they were good. I think English dub Leorio was better than "fine".
    Hell if they were to recast Jonathan Love as Leorio again I would not be disappointed.

I liked much of the voices from the English dub. For instance aside from Kurapika, I liked the voices of Gon, Killua and Leorio. However Gon's actress always felt cheesy. Like if
    Gon got angry it was difficult to take seriously. But as long as he was calm he sounded
    fine. But since much of Gon's character is getting angry that's a bit of a problem.
    Killua and Leorio were better with the acting.Though Killua's character had been badly
    written in the first place.

Which is I think a problem the English dub had in the first place. With how the 99 added their fillers in and changed stuff it ended up making for cheesier writing. Example: Nen foxbears must die. I dunno I think that scene is stupid no matter who dubs it.
    But maybe someone could make it work?

Also I think the dub lacked soul. Some might say they were just bad dubbers and maybe but to me it felt like many just weren't really into it. I wouldn't be surprised if they felt nobody was going to watch it. So why try? Still there are the exceptions like Viktor Atelevic as Illumi who I felt took the baton and ran with it. It was performances like his own that I felt were the highlights of the dubs.

Still I'm looking forward to the new dub whenever that comes out.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

interesting note on the 99 dub:

Anyone remember the anonymous
    Spoiler show
    The one we only hear the voice of.

Know who's voice that is (I'm quite sure of)...

Dalzollene.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Shalnark sound way too childish.. High pitch voice, sort of anoyying, the rest fit very well!
    nobunaga and franklin duel is very well done!
    uvogin does not bleed from bitting his teeth

Feitan and Kurro Sounds Good!

Just Shalnark goign to be very annying until you get used to his voice

The moive trailer show nothing that we have not already seen
    Last edited by Diivil; July 28, 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chain Bastard's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 41

God. Feitan. F-E-I-T-A-N ! jhbjhsdhjs *Ovaries*

Genei ryodan sounds great. Shizuku and Phinx especially.

But Shal ... My poor Shal ... Twelve years old And Chrollo ... I am skeptical =/

Neon is so cute <3

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't watch the episode in KeyHoleTV today.

So here I am, waiting for the episode as a simple mortal

Was it another slow paced episode? Or finally they are back to 2 chapter per episode?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bobop's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Leorio in the episode ?

Thread Closed
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast