Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Yeah I remember some people saying that 2011 anime is for kids. Only 5 mins in and the amount of violence surprised me.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really torn with my feelings for tonights episode. One one hand, it was amazing from a story content perspective, little details like the amount of gore, the pacing and how it was drawn. But I was very underwelmed by the animation quality. Episode 52 of the 1999 series did a good job with what tools they were given, its a highlight of the series for me (I've watched 99 Yorknew many times) but I can deal with a show that has its ups and downs. I enjoyed the episode but the animation felt like a series of panning still shots while the last had great animation (despite having no real action, I guess they can't chose a bad art day?), overall I give it a 7/10 (mostly for being accurate to the manga in my favorite arc, the drawings/pacing and violence level)

I hope the next episode has higher production values, and I gotta say, I am pumped for how good NGL/Greed Island will look!
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

UGH. The video stopped RIGHT AFTER FRANKLIN SAYS "DIE."

All this DAT MASSACRE talk got me excited to watch. Then the video stopped for some unknown reason. REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH.

Yes. Ahem. Anyway. Sorry, I just had to post this. I'll come back with something worth contributing once I finish watching.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine with how the animation is choppy sometimes..for now (they better step it up on GI though). I just hope to God when it comes to GI or Ant arc, almost every fight should be at the level of the Hisoka vs Gon fight. For now, it's fine for me since it's kind of been there done that thing. It's really hard to top the 99 hand drawn fight animations. I mean, in one scene animation/artwork looks like flash, in the next 5 mins it's like super eyegasm.

I like the murder orchestra theme. The first time i liked a soundtrack (finally) in the 2011 version. I have to say the VA on the 2011 version wipes the floor with the 99 version. It gives a much better character impression imo. The freakin violence needless to say surprised everyone. I mean, really? they can get away with that in the morning slot? This had me worried at the same time made me compliment them for having the balls to do so.

7/10 (9/10 would be at the level of Hisoka vs Gon).
    +1 to violence
    -1 to cap obvious/cheesiness exposition
    Last edited by HiggsBoson; August 12, 2012 at 02:07 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

THE BLOOD AND THE VIOLENCE !! And as such ,the yorknew arc has begun! Madhouse is definitely taking it up a notch.
    Shizuku and demo-chan honestly creeps me a bit.I find that Shizuku with her poker face expression when she was killing people disturbing.
    Though madhouse changed the dialogues a bit ,I think it's okay.
    And the last part of the episode ,Killua kissing Gon!! What the hell!!

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    I'm fine with how the animation is choppy sometimes..for now (they better step it up on GI though). I just hope to God when it comes to GI or Ant arc, almost every fight should be at the level of the Hisoka vs Gon fight. For now, it's fine for me since it's kind of been there done that thing. It's really hard to top the 99 hand drawn fight animations. I mean, in one scene animation/artwork looks like flash, in the next 5 mins it's like super eyegasm.
    Your expecting too much then. Just hope the animation continues to be as good as it is now with the occasional Gon vs Hisoka type animation. The quality of animation in this show exceeds most shonen anime out right.(looking at you Naruto Shippuden)

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragon View Post
    Your expecting too much then. Just hope the animation continues to be as good as it is now with the occasional Gon vs Hisoka type animation. The quality of animation in this show exceeds most shonen anime out right.(looking at you Naruto Shippuden)
    Yeah. Guess you're right. Gone are the times of good ol' hand drawn animations. And oh my God, Naruto? That thing fluctuates like crazy..
    It's always a dilemma or some sort. The 99 looks old as hell sometimes but has outstanding fights. And 2011 looks very nice but choppy on the aforementioned department. Both are winners though.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, finally watched the whole episode. And oh wow, that violence. I was surprised to see all that blood. I knew Madhouse was planning to make this arc more violent, but this exceeded all my expectations in terms of censorship. I kinda like how Madhouse sort of 'jumped the gun' with the violence, so to speak. It's really telling how brutal Yorkshin is gonna be. This, ladies and gentlemen, is just the beginning.

But I'm going to have to agree with Americandream here. I was a little underwhelmed by the animation. Don't get me wrong; I was actually overwhelmed a little by the violence itself (I didn't expect this much). But in terms of actual animation... yeah, there were a lot of still images and panning. However, seeing as there are going to be a lot more action in the next few episodes, I don't really mind. We can't have Hisoka vs. Gon quality for each episode. I'd rather they make Kurapika's scenes top quality. Plus, given how Madhouse death-stomped on censorship with high heels of hell, this episode was pretty good.

Actually, the animation wasn't really that bad. I just felt there were too many panning of still shots, but it's really a minor complaint. Episode was awesome. I like the shock factor. This is the Yorskshin arc.

OST didn't seem awkward to me, and the VAs were very good and talented. I'm starting to get used to Shalnark's voice now too.

What I did not expect at all was Killua kissing Gon. Welp, that's fanservice for you. RIP Baise and Tocino. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    On that note, I want to see Feitan vs. Killua someday.
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    I'm fine with how the animation is choppy sometimes..for now (they better step it up on GI though).
    Yup, pretty much all my thoughts summarized.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; August 12, 2012 at 02:36 AM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome episode. With the violence taken to a new level (really surprised about Tochino's bullet hole in the head being shown), I feel pretty confident about how the rest of the series will be adapted (especially the chimera ant arc).

Not sure why Ubo didn't lose his singlet after the bazooka attack, he should lose it after the Big Bang Impact though.

Gon and Killua kiss lol

....and I really want to see Pariston but that'll be a wait haha
    Last edited by steadynco; August 12, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The animation didn't bother me too much in this episode (though yes it could have been better).
    But I don't think it was really necessary for it to be the best animation.

Though I hope we get some good animation for the car chase...and it actually feels like a car chase this time.

One thing I love about this episode is the adrenaline. The only time that one could "catch their breath"
    was Chrollo and Uvogin's talk. Other than it got the heart pumping as everyone is racing to stop the Phantom Troupe.

I hope Madhouse can keep up that feel of adrenaline. Because I'll tell you, for me personally, I did not feel
    that intensity from the 99 Yorknew. Yes, 99 Yorknew had nice action...but it felt more calm in a way.
    Like a mafia movie or something. Where there's something almost romantic about the action and violence.
    With 2011 it feels like it will be more intense as I think the manga is. A good example of this adrenaline
    is the upcoming car chase. The 99 treats it more as point A to point B and focuses more on what
    Kurapika is thinking whereas with the manga it seems like a much more dangerous situation both literally and emotionally
    Spoiler show

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steadynco View Post
    Awesome episode. With the violence taken to a new level (really surprised about Tochino's bullet hole in the head being shown), I feel pretty confident about how the rest of the series will be adapted (especially the chimera ant arc).

Not sure why Ubo didn't lose his singlet after the bazooka attack, he should lose it after the Big Bang Impact though.
    Bullet hole made me O_O

And I'm pretty sure it was made to add some shock factor in the next ep when Injyu and Kurapika will see Spider Tatoo. They will be like "Genei Ryooooodan-o!!! =O"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW did anyone think when they had Franklin's nen bullets text it looked like some old movie poster:

Franklin IS THE AMBIDEXTROUS AUTOMATIC DOUBLE MACHINE GUN MAN

co-starring Feitan as
    Spoiler show

:P

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, the adrenaline. I cannot tell you how many times I held my breath while watching HxH 2011. I think the last anime I ever felt that way was FMA or Code Geass. Can't remember.

I really liked the car chase in the manga. It makes me feel the rush. But what I really liked in the Yorkshin arc was the city itself. You get to see quite a number of places as the characters move around (and boy do they move around a lot). Yorkshin also introduces a lot of characters and organization. You have a sense of how the mafia in HxH runs. You get introduced to one type of Hunter (Blacklist Hunters) and see how that works. You get to meet different types of people, thus giving a sense of diversity.

You kinda get a feel for the city, what with the auctions going on and the chase. I really like how the manga makes one feel like the city is alive and breathing, and not just a place characters meet up in. I have faith Madhouse will pull these details off splendidly.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

First half was good but had plenty of still shots (can't even be bothered with animating the manga panels, like Kastro's fight). Good music track, decent direction, fairly explicit with the violence, which is great. Second half with Uvo had strange music selection - again, as well as more still shots. Injyuu are too polite not to introduce themselves, and Worm's voice is horrible. I note that he isn't accurate to the manga either, in which he squirms out of the ground like some kind of gelatinous corkscrew, is slimmer around the upper body and head, and has a scary voice (look at the font).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was absolute fantastic, I don't know why you guys are criticising the animation, it was excellent throughout, with some great emphasis shots of Uvogin that really makes you appreciate his strength. The tone and mood was so intense here. I've been saying for months now that the director said the level of violence will increase with this arc, what more can I say besides - this episode proves everyone wrong. Looking forward to Chimera Ants arc! :P

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

24. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast