Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Kurapika's Chain Accessory

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurapika's Chain Accessory

Every Kurapika fans want to get his chains, including me. Luckily, there are replicas made. Since I got it today and checked it out, it seems to be appropriate to tell you my opinion.

First I'd like to thank lovespring58 at eBay for supplying them and to sell them for cheap $18.99 with free shipping. If you want to have your copy, give it a shot (Only 3 more left): http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/1408376654...ht_2119wt_1186

First thing first, it came in this small envelope. It saved the time go to the main post and get it as a box.

The package was wrapped in a bubble wrap that is stuck to the envelope.

There was also this included, not sure what it is...

And now to the product itself. This is the packaging. Not that much.

If someone can translate this you are more than welcome

The back, and as you can see it's not appropriate for kids under 3 years old.

Enough about the package, let's get it open

Here's the back picture

And here are the chains fully spread up. It's made out of metal. A chain reaches about 43 cm or 1.25 foot. If you look closely, you can notice there's something wrong... I'll get that in a moment but first, let's take a look at it closely...

First is the Stake of Retribution. About as screen-accurate.

Dowsing Chain. As you can see, it's not ball shaped but rather a diamond-esque shape.

Chain Jail. The hook is not screen-accurate.

Holy Chain. Also not screen-accurate.

Lastly we have the index finger chain. Here it's a small sword. This chain haven't been revealed yet in the manga and therefore may not be the same.

The rings of the perspective chains in the same order

Now about the order... unfortunately, the order of the chains is not the same as what's supposed to be. Another bad thing is you can't switch between the fingers because the rings are not the same width.

So... this is the order as it's made (I think)

But if you try and make it the correct order, some rings do not fit (Most notably the little, ring and thumb)

Now for putting the chain on, let me get this out first: IT'S REALLY ANNOYING! The chains get tangled a lot and you need a long time to sort them out. But anyway, this is how you put them on. The part attached to the rings should face upwards. There's also a small chain to wrap around your wrists.

Here are the chains fully dangling from my hand and yes this is my room and yes I should've picked a better background.

You can still make a fist with the rings on.

Would I recommend it? Well, it's not that bad, but there are some problems, most notebly the order of the chains, but that can be fixed since the parts attached to the rings can be opened and switch them around. And if you aren't that picky about screen-accuracy, then go ahead and pick one.

3.5/5

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurapika's Chain Accessory

I got that long ago, but since been many years I bought it, and many storms has passed in my country.. mine rusted....
    In my country that cost 400php-500php... Can be bought on a store (off course inquire first), or can be ordered from someone online (off course this is from my country again)....
    Last edited by riniloves; September 20, 2012 at 07:31 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurapika's Chain Accessory

Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    I got that long ago, but since been many years I bought it, and many storms has passed in my country.. mine rusted....
    In my country that cost 400php-500php... Can be bought on a store (off course inquire first), or can be ordered from someone online (off course this is from my country again)....
    I probably won't buy one, but I'm curious as to what stores sell these. Comic Alley?

New Reply