Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Salce View Post
    I just realized the similitudes between Gon and Hisoka in this scene:
    Spoiler show

Both are willing to sacrifice a lot to enjoy the fight. And the fact that it was specifically an arm makes me think that Togashi had in mind Hisoka vs Kastro when he wrote Gon vs Gensuru.

Also both knew they could heal themself if they won (Gon had Angel's Breath and Hisoka had Machi), but what they did was crazy anyway.
    Genthru's clothes are also somewhat similar to Kastro (without a cape of course).
    As I've said before, the battle with Genthru is incredibly important for Gon's character development, Genthru transforms Gon, releasing the monster inside of him. The reckless monster that the series had built up to since the very beginning. Genthru, a man that Gon admires for his own monstrousness brings Gon's inner beast to light. Genthru is really an amazing character. Both Genthru and Hisoka are the two enemies with the greatest effect on Gon (more so than Pitou in my opinion). I can hardly wait for Greed Island, I need to see Madhouse's version of the arc, I know they will do it right.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

A little trivia. As you may have noticed, they don't address Wing as "Sensei" 先生, they address him as "Shihandai" 師範代. Shihandai translates to "assistant instructor", while "Sensei" is translated as "Teacher" or "Doctor".

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Refraction's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I think it's also a possibility as Madhouse could probably tap him for this quite easily.
    I was rather hoping for this course of action myself--and then I find out this has happened, coincidentally, today:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ijuana-charges

Morphic resonance, that's what's happening here. Morphic bloody resonance.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Because it was praised a lot by the 1999 fans, I checked out Kurapika vs Hisoka fight.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by SHINOBI-03; May 22, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

6. Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    Because it was praised a lot by the 1999 fans, I checked out Kurapika vs Hisoka fight.

First off, why change the order of the fights? The order in the final phase was based on impressions on Netero about the contestants, and that makes Gon and Hanzo the ones who impressed Netero the most. And this change makes Kurapika and Hisoka the most impressive ones rather than the least. Either that or this is another proof that Kurapika is the director's favorite character wand wasn't satisfied that he was second to last and not showing his fight in the manga and wanted to give some spotlight going against what Togashi wanted.
    I think Kurapika and Hisoka weren't the least who impressed Netero, their fight was the second fight after Gon vs. Hanzo, and they even had 4 chances to win, the ones who impressed Netero the lest must be Leorio and Bodoro.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I think Kurapika and Hisoka weren't the least who impressed Netero, their fight was the second fight after Gon vs. Hanzo, and they even had 4 chances to win, the ones who impressed Netero the lest must be Leorio and Bodoro.
    Okay, maybe I was wrong a bit, but the fact remains that Gon & Hanzo were first and Kurapika & Hisoka were the second in the manga and the 1999 version switched them around.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually kind of like the fight even though it essentially boils down to fan-fiction. Hisoka losing it was pretty disturbing though. And you really can see how much Kurapika favouritism is prevalent in the old anime. I like Kurapika a lot, but reducing the actual protagonist's screentime is just wrong.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Refraction's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    Okay, maybe I was wrong a bit, but the fact remains that Gon & Hanzo were first and Kurapika & Hisoka were the second in the manga and the 1999 version switched them around.
    I reckon it was to do with illustrating the passing of time in those episodes.

Gon and Hanzo's fight lasted over three hours--and that was enough to pull the day into the evening in the 1999 adaptation. To make this perhaps more convincing, Kurapika and Hisoka going first helped pass a certain amount of time earlier on in the day to make the duration of Gon vs. Hanzo progress more believably into the evening time. This'd be unusual if the days were longer, but after the gang recover Killua, it's mentioned that September 1st is more than six months away; and factoring in the time it took to save Killua after the Hunter Exam, it's probably not too much of a stretch to say the exam was taking place during the winter time or early spring. I think that's confirmed on Greed Island. Like the northern hemisphere in the real world, shorter days are the knock-on consequence. In other words, since Gon and Hanzo fight for three hours, changing the day from afternoon to evening--something facilitated by having Hisoka and Kurapika eat up the morning slot--helped illustrate the feeling of the lengthy passing of time in the Hanzo fight--and it's something that's believable if you consider the time of the year. It was also conducive to making Illumi appear that bit spookier in the red glare of the evening, helping to communicate his fairly dark presence and the mood of the moment.

I reckon that's why Kurapika and Hisoka were made to fight first. I think it was the writers reading into the silences of the manga a bit to get a bit more out of what they had to work with.
    Last edited by Refraction; May 22, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's really odd that they would censored the shower scene, when they let us a glimpse of his flesh XD first in the preview. Maybe it's more of an art direction change...

Ah the Kurapika vs Hisoka fight was generic and cringeworthy in my opinion. Why would Hisoka lose it like that though, to pre-nen learning Kurapika? Felt OOC to me.... :\ Definitely a case of the Kurapika-loving director Kazuhiro's own mary-sue projection. So glad the new series kept it simple and painless.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else besides me excited to see Killua vs Riehvelt?
    I hope they do justice to the part where Killua catches the whips.

I think Madhouse's "quick animation" style (think Gotoh coin flip animation) will fit nicely with Riehvelt swinging the whips around.

Plus I've no doubt that the shocking scene will look fantastic.

I'm not expecting the overall animation to be TOO amazing given Hisoka vs Gon is right around the corner.
    But I hope they at least give quality to the key moments: Like Kilua catching the whips. Or Gon
    flipping over the stone tile with his fishing rod in his rematch against Gido.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Hisoka use his Bungee Gum and Texture Surprise to cover up his wounds in here?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll never know. Most likely He attended that wound and used it, but it could be always that it healed.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

^But it would take time if it was healed, it's either he covered it up, or Togashi forgot about it.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a deep wound, and Zetsu is known to make yourself heal faster. And He's not that far from Intensification anyway.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

He could even use Reinforcement to heal faster.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast