Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2003

Thread: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Anyone else LIKE the music for this episode?

I just hope they tone it down with Chrollo's theme and the Requiem Theme for a while until you know when.

Also has anyone noticed that we have not heard World of Adventure in a VERY LONG TIME.

I miss it. Of course it wouldn't fit in Yorknew. But maybe some where in Greed Island?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Chrollo's theme as well as the Requiem (which share the same melody really) have been a little overused lately. I hope that Madhouse doesn't forget to use older tracks like a lot of other long-running shonen series do (I'm looking at you Bleach, even though there seems to be a distinct sound in each of your arcs).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

-EPISODE 43-

Spoiler: Part 1 show

Spoiler: Part 2 show

4. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually loved this episode. Best thing added: The view of the broken neck guy. It was perfect. I so love those little details that makes the series more creepy.

So, the gifs.
    First, the still images you all hated apparently but made it for me.

Second, Franklin time to shine:

Third, Shizuku creepiness that matches Gon and Killua.

Fourth, some head-chopping action.

Deme Chan deserves an appreciation time as well. I particularly loved the shoe detail.

And well, UVO.

You go get them, gurl.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

6. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    Blinky. Another name change by Viz and got carried here. The original name for the vacuum cleaner is Deme-chan. 出目-でめ-Deme means "Pop Eyed" and it's a type of Gold Fish (demekin to be exact) and we can see that on its design. (The googly eyes and the fish tail). So, Blinky isn't that incorrect, but it's still not an accurate localization of the name. But then again I don't know if they could use "Popeye".
    This is just a Crunchyroll decision. It's still Deme-chan in japanese.

I guess you already knew it, but I'm saying it so people don't think of it as a Madhouse change.

The same happened with the Phantom Troupe. When it was first mentioned as "Phantom Troupe" in this anime, everybody was complaining for the change, when in fact it's still Genei Ryodan in Madhouse anime.
    Phantom Troupe it's just Viz and Crunchyroll translation (imo not a bad translation at all).

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salce View Post
    This is just a Crunchyroll decision. It's still Deme-chan in japanese.

I guess you already knew it, but I'm saying it so people don't think of it as a Madhouse change.

The same happened with the Phantom Troupe. When it was first mentioned as "Phantom Troupe" in this anime, everybody was complaining for the change, when in fact it's still Genei Ryodan in Madhouse anime.
    Phantom Troupe it's just Viz and Crunchyroll translation (imo not a bad translation at all).
    I did say it was a name change by Viz. That's what they did in the manga and the old anime. The same thing with Senritsu and Melody.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that episode was amazing from start to finish.....loved the soundtrack that played during the massacre, and the slow theme that played with Shizuku. I'm surprised by how violent they let it be.....I figured they would censor more. After all that bloodshed that whole "Brush Your Teeth" segment at the end looked hilarious. Quite a sharp contrast lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it will always be Blinky.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Some thoughts on Chrollo's Judas speech.

Chrollo thinks Judas is not a traitor. But he never really explains why. I think the reason
    why Chrollo thinks so is because Chrollo sees Jesus as the real traitor and the one who
    actually betrayed Judas. Jesus as it is known was said to be the Messiah of Israel.
    Well many Jews like Judas had probably thought that Jesus would save them in the
    literal sense of the Roman Empire. They were expecting a liberator. However
    Jesus did not do so and instead it could be said made things WORSE for Israel.
    Therefore, from a political stand point. Jesus could be seen as the traitor and not Judas.

Interesting thing to note...30 silver coins is said to be the price of a slave.
    Talk about a low blow.

Another possible interpretation is that Judas did not betray Jesus because
    his "betrayal" of Jesus was "all part of the plan". In order for mankind to
    be saved from their sins it was necessary that Jesus had to die as he did.
    So from this perspective Judas was only doing his duty. One could even
    say that Judas had no choice but to hand over Jesus to the Romans/Jewish High Priests.

Sorry, I don't mean to make this into a theological debate. But I thought it was interesting.

11. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Madhouse sure loves the colors blue and purple. It's always used for fast kills (Killua, Feitan) and creepy characters (Shizuku, Hisoka (though he gets green as well), Killua).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When i see HxH compared to other animes, i tend to appreciate what madhouse is doing. The pallets, the amount of detail they put in certain backdrops. The angles they use. The effects also add very much to it.

I think what Togashi did was very very anime friendly if you really think about it.I personally think it's because his passed experience with anime directors. He didnt like dealing with there shit. In the end there isn't an over excess of animation needed in most of the scenes he presents. Theres a lot more story to it than action. Thats why i think madhouse has more liberties to focus on. It's probably one of the reasons why madhouse enjoys doing this anime. It's pretty simple and to the point.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Some thoughts on Chrollo's Judas speech.

Chrollo thinks Judas is not a traitor. But he never really explains why. I think the reason
    why Chrollo thinks so is because Chrollo sees Jesus as the real traitor and the one who
    actually betrayed Judas. Jesus as it is known was said to be the Messiah of Israel.
    Well many Jews like Judas had probably thought that Jesus would save them in the
    literal sense of the Roman Empire. They were expecting a liberator. However
    Jesus did not do so and instead it could be said made things WORSE for Israel.
    Therefore, from a political stand point. Jesus could be seen as the traitor and not Judas.

Interesting thing to note...30 silver coins is said to be the price of a slave.
    Talk about a low blow.

Another possible interpretation is that Judas did not betray Jesus because
    his "betrayal" of Jesus was "all part of the plan". In order for mankind to
    be saved from their sins it was necessary that Jesus had to die as he did.
    So from this perspective Judas was only doing his duty. One could even
    say that Judas had no choice but to hand over Jesus to the Romans/Jewish High Priests.

Sorry, I don't mean to make this into a theological debate. But I thought it was interesting.
    That's an interesting thought.
    I tried to understand what Chrollo meant as well, but then I thought "Meh, probably the translation isn't accurate".

So I've watched the last two episodes and, actually, I think they could be better. No major complaints, but the animation could be better, and the music direction is not so great either. 8.5 for both of them.
    I didn't like smiling Shizuku tho. I don't remember her smiling in manga at all. That's part of her character for me. ...Maybe I'm being too picky?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    That's an interesting thought.
    I tried to understand what Chrollo meant as well, but then I thought "Meh, probably the translation isn't accurate".

So I've watched the last two episodes and, actually, I think they could be better. No major complaints, but the animation could be better, and the music direction is not so great either. 8.5 for both of them.
    I didn't like smiling Shizuku tho. I don't remember her smiling in manga at all. That's part of her character for me. ...Maybe I'm being too picky?
    The translation is the same thing Viz has.

I think given his name is Lucifer, Chrollo would think Jesus was the traitor.

Also I think Chrollo would resent the idea of a savior figure.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 43 is packed and so enjoyable! It's definitely noticeable that they cut corners for some of the animations...imagine how satisfying it'd be if we see Uvo slaughter those mafia like paper in extremely detailed and fluid animations! (I'll replay that over and over again) Oh well I don't feel that entitled given this is TV production, they made it up with gorgeously rendered frames and rich colors. As long as the budget went to Uvo vs the Shadow beasts, it's all good! I can't wait for the next episode...NOW that's the fight I have high hopes for.

Those Shadow Beasts guys are such nasty piece of work, I remember feeling so sorry and cringed for Uvo when I first read the manga. I don't know how Madhouse can portrayed that sense of revulsion (probably won't ever live up to the manga, the 1999 series couldn't do it) but I hope they will make a impression.

Feitan is...so moe...for me, I'd never see that until now. That rakish expression and creepy voice (great acting!) really elevated the character for me. Shizuku's vacuum cleaner still felt very...ouch... yikes. I noticed they dimmed the brightness of Franklin's bullet, they probably don't want the Pikachu's seizure inducing effect again.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    The translation is the same thing Viz has.

I think given his name is Lucifer, Chrollo would think Jesus was the traitor.
    Correction: It's Lucilfer. Not Lucifer.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When did she smile? I don't even remember anymore. I need to rewatch the episode. Shizuku never really smiles though, that is part of her character to me. She's sort of deadpan and stupid. I don't think its that she can't smile, we just haven't seen anything she deems worth smiling about yet.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast