Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto runs the gauntlet!!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto runs the gauntlet!!

Either way, Naruto still had more warning than Sasuke, if not at least one warning. Not to mention, Naruto was actually moving. Sasuke wasn't, and he was focused on one spot due to Amaterasu. Raikage also moved straight at Naruto, he didn't go around Naruto and try to hit him from his blind spot. Naruto had more tools and capability to get out of Raikage's way, he didn't necessarily need a warning. He knew Raikage would speedblitz him, Sasuke did not know Raikage would speed his way out of the Amaterasu like that.

Not necessarily, a fight in Naruto doesn't really mean one would be coming towards the enemy. Look at Itachi as example, he mostly moves when genjutsu fails. Minato uses Hiraishin to get to his enemies, in a fast way that they can't react in time usually.

Depends. If Raikage came straight at him, Sasuke would be able to. If Raikage moved sideways behind Sasuke like he did, I doubt Sasuke could. Sharingan doesn't do slow motion, it predicts. Plus, Naruto was looking at Raikage, Sasuke was focusing his Amaterasu on where he thought Raikage was.

It'd be impossible for Naruto not to lose sight since Raikage was moving straight in line.

Shi didn't even stare into Sasuke's eyes when he got hit with the genjutsu. took like a second or two to put him in genjutsu, which is all the time they need.

Makes no sense, but k.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Also if we go in a normal manga reaction, then Sasuke or Itachi wouldn't even start in Susano'o ( they didn't in any fight, except Sasuke vs Danzou ), thus getting insta-blitzed.
    Ah no, Naruto will say "Imma coming Sasuke/Itachi!"

They wouldn't need to start with it active when they can activate it in an instant. Sasuke was capable of manipulating his Amaterasu in the middle of Ee's shunshin, so he and Itachi should be more then capable of activating Susanoo the moment Naruto got close enough to hit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, naruto right now is much more powerful than all his enemies combined in this thread. Genjutsu is 100% useless to naruto. The kyubi can free him in an instant. So it doesn't matter that itachi's tsukuyomi can last for 3 days, kyubi can kick itachi in less than a second in the tsukuyomi world.

Sasuke and itachi, even if the two of them will going to fight naruto, they haven't any chance. Two susanoo? amaterasu? that jutsus can't stand a chance to naruto in Bijuu mode.

Only madara, hashirama and minato has a chance to defeat naruto in this thread. But still, naruto wins.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@marshall313

Kyuubi can't stop or save Naruto from Itachi's MS genjutsu. That thing effects Naruto instantly. Before Kyuubi can take any action Naruto would be on the floor pufing.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Either way, Naruto still had more warning than Sasuke, if not at least one warning. Not to mention, Naruto was actually moving. Sasuke wasn't, and he was focused on one spot due to Amaterasu. Raikage also moved straight at Naruto, he didn't go around Naruto and try to hit him from his blind spot. Naruto had more tools and capability to get out of Raikage's way, he didn't necessarily need a warning. He knew Raikage would speedblitz him, Sasuke did not know Raikage would speed his way out of the Amaterasu like that.

Not necessarily, a fight in Naruto doesn't really mean one would be coming towards the enemy. Look at Itachi as example, he mostly moves when genjutsu fails. Minato uses Hiraishin to get to his enemies, in a fast way that they can't react in time usually.

Depends. If Raikage came straight at him, Sasuke would be able to. If Raikage moved sideways behind Sasuke like he did, I doubt Sasuke could. Sharingan doesn't do slow motion, it predicts. Plus, Naruto was looking at Raikage, Sasuke was focusing his Amaterasu on where he thought Raikage was.

It'd be impossible for Naruto not to lose sight since Raikage was moving straight in line.
    So, theorically speaking, if Sasuke was in the same situation you think he would've dodged Raikage too?
    If you believe so, then debating is useless, I stand by my opinion that a warning in no way or shape can help you if you don't have the reflexes or the ability to dodge.
    Also Raikage speedblitzed Juugo, so Sasuke would've known that something like that would've happened. Sorry but arguments like this make Sasuke seems like he is a moron, not moving because he had no warning, not following because he had no warning and so on.
    I go for common sense, which is Sasuke didn't see it coming, yet responded in the best way possible.
    It is that drammatically unbelievable to believe that Naruto is faster and has comparable, if not better reaction time than Sasuke? Considering the sensing ability also.

Quote Quote:
    Shi didn't even stare into Sasuke's eyes when he got hit with the genjutsu. took like a second or two to put him in genjutsu, which is all the time they need.

Makes no sense, but k.
    Took Sasuke's failed attempt at genjutsuing Raikage and Shi being cocky, as he admits after he gets one-shotted.
    Also let's compare Shi and a Bijuu in genjutsu breaking ability

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    They wouldn't need to start with it active when they can activate it in an instant. Sasuke was capable of manipulating his Amaterasu in the middle of Ee's shunshin, so he and Itachi should be more then capable of activating Susanoo the moment Naruto got close enough to hit.
    I was stating a manga outcome, not a fantasy fight.
    In a fantasy fight they don't get straight-out blitzed because we can base our assumption on past events, if we go by the manga Sasuke couldn't react to rocks (!) and Itachi had only enough time to summon a measly Susano'o hand.
    Or what, rocks are faster than a guy that deflected 5 Bijuudama in a second? Don't think so

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @marshall313

Kyuubi can't stop or save Naruto from Itachi's MS genjutsu. That thing effects Naruto instantly. Before Kyuubi can take any action Naruto would be on the floor pufing.
    How many times must people be reminded that it doesn't work that way. I recall the first time Naruto access Kurama's power in part one, he was falling very fast (Jiraiya pushed him) yet Naruto had plenty of time to have a chat with Kurama in spite of him falling in the real world.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    How many times must people be reminded that it doesn't work that way. I recall the first time Naruto access Kurama's power in part one, he was falling very fast (Jiraiya pushed him) yet Naruto had plenty of time to have a chat with Kurama in spite of him falling in the real world.
    Let me gues you don't know what the word instantly means? Instantly is a point in time, it has no real length in time. If Naruto has done the above thing in 0,00000000000000000000001 of a second and it still would not help him.

Itachi MS genjutsu effects you INSTANTLY in reference to the real world temporal frame(or whatever you whant to call it). Its 3 days for the one that is inside the genjutsu but for Kurama or the 8 tails it would be instantly over.

The 8 tails demonstrated that it does NOT instantly bust Bee out of genjutsu, it takes time. Its more then seconds.

In other words you can't take an action to prevent something that happends instantly understand? Not only that it was demonstrated that a biju needs more then 5 seconds to bust you out.
    Last edited by xXan; May 24, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Let me gues you don't know what the word instantly means? Instantly is a point in time, it has no real length in time. If Naruto has done the above thing in 0,00000000000000000000001 of a second and it still would not help him.

Itachi MS genjutsu effects you INSTANTLY in reference to the real world temporal frame(or whatever you whant to call it). Its 3 days for the one that is inside the genjutsu but for Kurama or the 8 tails it would be instantly over.

The 8 tails demonstrated that it does NOT instantly bust Bee out of genjutsu, it takes time. Its more then seconds.
    Why are you avoiding what i said? MS being instant is not the point I'm try to establish but the point is, Kurama's involvement is proven to to somewhat instant too. Explain how Naruto can have a long chat with Kurama in is inner world yet in the real world....I'll let the pictures talk ^_^
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-100-13...hapter-95.html to http://www.mangareader.net/93-100-17...hapter-95.html ..... Sorry put the're no way that Kurama's involvement doesn't involve space and time and you can even see on the second pic that Naruto was curious as to what just happend in the real world because his consciousness was talking with Kurama for some period of time while in the real world it was instant.

All I'm saying is Kurama's involvement involves Space & Time

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

whose to say naruto will even look into itachis eyes anyway? he isnt going to sit there like an idiot and stare into his eyes, honestly naruto could possibly win most of theses fights if he does several clones in sage mode and some kyuubi chakra mode clones while he is in biju mode. The sage mode clones will deal with people who absorb chakra while he goes on the offensive with bijuu mode. So i say if he makes an adequate amount of clones his victory in this gauntlet is very possible

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto has got to a point in the manga when he's almost unbeatable ^_^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was stating a manga outcome, not a fantasy fight.
    In a fantasy fight they don't get straight-out blitzed because we can base our assumption on past events, if we go by the manga Sasuke couldn't react to rocks (!) and Itachi had only enough time to summon a measly Susano'o hand.
    Or what, rocks are faster than a guy that deflected 5 Bijuudama in a second? Don't think so
    You mean what was shown within a genjutsu? Besides, how does that change their past performances? We specifically know that Susanoo can be call upon slightly behind the speed of lightning. What reason is there to ignore previous performances?

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Why are you avoiding what i said? MS being instant is not the point I'm try to establish but the point is, Kurama's involvement is proven to to somewhat instant too. Explain how Naruto can have a long chat with Kurama in is inner world yet in the real world....I'll let the pictures talk ^_^
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-100-13...hapter-95.html to http://www.mangareader.net/93-100-17...hapter-95.html ..... Sorry put the're no way that Kurama's involvement doesn't involve space and time and you can even see on the second pic that Naruto was curious as to what just happend in the real world because his consciousness was talking with Kurama for some period of time while in the real world it was instant.

All I'm saying is Kurama's involvement involves Space & Time
    Naruto and the Kyuubi's interaction doesn't involve any space/time influence. It's simply mental interaction, the same way time passes in a genjutsu.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean what was shown within a genjutsu? Besides, how does that change their past performances? We specifically know that Susanoo can be call upon slightly behind the speed of lightning. What reason is there to ignore previous performances?
    The fight wasn't a genjutsu, Izanami started when Kabuto stabbed Itachi the second time, here.
    Basically the Sharingan acted as a recorder from here to the aforementioned page.

On a side note, Kishi is really neat with his foreshadowing, the close up of Itachi's Sharingan, seeing it back now, is classy

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fight wasn't a genjutsu, Izanami started when Kabuto stabbed Itachi the second time, here.
    Basically the Sharingan acted as a recorder from here to the aforementioned page.

On a side note, Kishi is really neat with his foreshadowing, the close up of Itachi's Sharingan, seeing it back now, is classy
    Mental battle then. Point is still basically the same.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mental battle then. Point is still basically the same.
    You don't really understand how Izanami works ( which, by the way, is completely understandable since Kishi explained very poorly, thank god Manga stream's translation is better than the first one ):

first, the Uchiha ingrains a determinate event ( in this case, Itachi being stabbed by Sasuke's sword ) with one of his eyes, and that is the prep for Izanami; from that point, Izanami can be activated.
    The moment that same event is done again ( Itachi being stabbed by Kabuto for the second time ) Izanami is activated, thus trapping the victim in the infinite loop, loop that will start from the first moment ingrained into the Uchiha's Sharingan.
    The fight was very real, Izanami didn't start until Itachi was stabbed for the second time

From this point the fight is completely in Kabuto's head

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

So, theorically speaking, if Sasuke was in the same situation you think he would've dodged Raikage too?
    If you believe so, then debating is useless, I stand by my opinion that a warning in no way or shape can help you if you don't have the reflexes or the ability to dodge.
    If he had warning and Kyuubi's chakra to boost his speed, as well as being in motion, then yes, I believe he'd have dodged Raikage too. Naruto had enough time to know what Raikage was doing and dodge it, Sasuke didn't. Raikage moved straight towards Naruto, he ran behind Sasuke and attacked him. However you look at it, Naruto had all the opportunity to avoid the attack and keep an eye on Raikage, Sasuke didn't.

Naruto had good enough reflexes to dodge it. If he did have as good a reflexes, he wouldn't have been on the defensive the whole fight and would have been able to run away from the Raikage successfully.

Quote Quote:
    Also Raikage speedblitzed Juugo, so Sasuke would've known that something like that would've happened. Sorry but arguments like this make Sasuke seems like he is a moron, not moving because he had no warning, not following because he had no warning and so on.
    I go for common sense, which is Sasuke didn't see it coming, yet responded in the best way possible.
    It is that drammatically unbelievable to believe that Naruto is faster and has comparable, if not better reaction time than Sasuke? Considering the sensing ability also.
    Doesn't mean Sasuke would have known Raikage would have been able to avoid an instantaneous attack, though. Don't see how when Raikage didn't say "Sasuke, I'm gonna dodge this attack and come right behind you!" like he did with Naruto. I never said Sasuke saw it coming, but that he didn't have the warnings Naruto did.

Yes, since Naruto had help. If he was able to dodge that without Raikage warning him, without feeling the killer intent, and without moving, then I'd say Naruto is far much faster than anyone in Kyuubi Mode.

Quote Quote:
    Took Sasuke's failed attempt at genjutsuing Raikage and Shi being cocky, as he admits after he gets one-shotted.
    Also let's compare Shi and a Bijuu in genjutsu breaking ability
    Where was it said Sasuke used genjutsu on Raikage? I don't recall seeing that.

Shi was cocky, but he still took a second or two to look into Sasuke's eyes, which is what may happen to Naruto.

THough to be fair, he doesn't really need to keep his eyes open as long as he's in Sage Mode and/or Bijuu mode. If I recall, he was unable to see but still blocked an attack from a jinchuuriki when he was in Kyuubi MOde because he sensed the intent.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast