Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto runs the gauntlet!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto runs the gauntlet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood
    Like how in the recent fight Sasuke has the reflexes and the reaction time of a snail, it all serves to the plot, to make the situation more dramatic and, in both cases, to hype Itachi.
    To be fair, all of that happen in a Genjutsu.. so it really didn't happen.
    Quote Quote:
    while here we have Naruto following and reacting perfectly to the same speed, to the point of completely dodging Raikage the next page.
    Not really. Naruto was warned that a attack was coming at full speed... So if Naruto wasn't given a heads up, i can definitely see him being smack around some more.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Using that example is bad tho... When he was fighting against the Edo Jinchuuriki, the guy wasn't able to react to their Versions 2 at all. It's as you said, it serves the plot, so it's not really that sure either.

But anyway, in his current mode, he just stomps. Repelling 5 Bijuudama like nothing... We have yet to see something of this caliber from any other character.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Where was it disproven?

He was looking at Itachi, eyes would be in the way.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v58/c549/6.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v58/c549/16.html <-- Naruto knew Itachi activated MS, and warned Bee about it.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v58/c550/5.html <--- looks like Naruto saw Itachi in the eyes, but I don't think Itachi said something, so Naruto must have sensed Itachi's killing intent. Though now that's mentioned, being able to sense killing intent would help Naruto avoid or dodge most attacks at him, since he'd know that a dangerous move is being used.

I know it is, but Naruto might be too arrogant that he looks at Itachi in the eyes. He did it when Itachi had Sharingan despite knowing what Sharingan could do.

That doesn't mean as much since Naruto actually had warning from Raikage, I think Killerbee, and his ability to sense intent. Plus, he was already running, it was just a matter of using more chakra for speed boost. I think Minato was more impressive as he managed to react in time to Raikage's out-of-the-blue speed blitz. Hasn't really shown comparable reflexes.

Bijuudama deals different kidn of damage than Amaterasu, though. Amaterasu continuously burns while bijuudama is a one time impact.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto wins............everything. Naruto is operating on an entirely different level from most of his opponents. Madara, Hashirama, and Nagato are likely the only individuals that could hold their own against Naruto at his current ridiculous power levels. Even so the win likely goes to Naruto. As sad as it may seem against most of his opponents he's just going to bijuudama them to pieces. Only a few of his opponents would require any sort of strategy to defeat.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    I don't remember Yondaime having a sealing jutsu to actually suppress a bijuu inside a Jinchuuriki, what he did against Tobi was eliminate the contract he had with Kyuubi, thus taking out his control by force, but it was done because Tobi ( and Madara ) actually had a summoning contract with it.
    He can control the seal in Naruto though, yet with Naruto having the key of it it would be pretty much useless
    He created the seal on Naruto's stomach meaning he knows how it works and he can do whatever he wishes with it. Naruto's key won't be able to do a damn thing if Minato comes in and changes the seal entirely making it so Naruto can't even touch the Kyuubi's chakra. The seal as is allows access for Naruto to the Kyuubi. I don't doubt for a second Minato can change that.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    To be fair, all of that happen in a Genjutsu.. so it really didn't happen.
    true enough, even though we don't know when Izanami was activated, since the jutsu seems to be activated here, when Itachi's eye was sealed.
    If you notice, the guy has both MS in the loop, yet has one eye sealed when dealing in "real time"

Quote Quote:
    Not really. Naruto was warned that a attack was coming at full speed... So if Naruto wasn't given a heads up, i can definitely see him being smack around some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    That doesn't mean as much since Naruto actually had warning from Raikage, I think Killerbee, and his ability to sense intent. Plus, he was already running, it was just a matter of using more chakra for speed boost. I think Minato was more impressive as he managed to react in time to Raikage's out-of-the-blue speed blitz. Hasn't really shown comparable reflexes.

Bijuudama deals different kidn of damage than Amaterasu, though. Amaterasu continuously burns while bijuudama is a one time impact.
    See the bottom right panel.
    Notice the resemblance?
    Sasuke too was "warned" ( hell, they were fighting, what more warning does he need? ) yet he completely lost sight of him, Naruto proved to be able to follow, and react accordingly.
    Sensing abilities helps in situation like those I suppose

Where was it disproven?

He was looking at Itachi, eyes would be in the way.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v58/c549/6.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v58/c549/16.html <-- Naruto knew Itachi activated MS, and warned Bee about it.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v58/c550/5.html <--- looks like Naruto saw Itachi in the eyes, but I don't think Itachi said something, so Naruto must have sensed Itachi's killing intent. Though now that's mentioned, being able to sense killing intent would help Naruto avoid or dodge most attacks at him, since he'd know that a dangerous move is being used.

I know it is, but Naruto might be too arrogant that he looks at Itachi in the eyes. He did it when Itachi had Sharingan despite knowing what Sharingan could do.
    When, you know, from the Deidara fight ( and even then, we don't know when the genjutsu was applied ) never ever, despite all the upgrades of the eye, there was a similar situation.
    Also, Tsukuyomi isn't perpetual active, the Uchiha need to use the jutsu, and Naruto casually glimpsing to Itachi's eye will not let him fall prey of the jutsu.
    Genjutsu is always activated when the Uchiha stares in the eyes of the opponent ( finger genjutsu not-withstanding of course ), like when Sasuke stared down Danzou, like Itachi stared down Bee and like Madara stared down that fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    He created the seal on Naruto's stomach meaning he knows how it works and he can do whatever he wishes with it. Naruto's key won't be able to do a damn thing if Minato comes in and changes the seal entirely making it so Naruto can't even touch the Kyuubi's chakra. The seal as is allows access for Naruto to the Kyuubi. I don't doubt for a second Minato can change that.
    Naruto's key let him manipulate the seal at will, like he showed when he remade the seal after taking the Kyuubi's chakra and when he opened it to fuse his chakra with Kyuubi, so the best Yondaime would do would be set the Kyuubi free. Naruto, being an Uzumaki, would survive long enough for the bijuu to kill Yondaime, thus giving Naruto the win

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Problems:

1-How would Minato get trough the chakra shield?!?!?
    2-Naruto already opened and Kyuubi is OUT OF THE SEAL. What is Minato going o do considering the seal is already released long ago? After that Naruto used another RK type of seal to seal the Kyuubi that Minato has no bloody clue about (that we know). But even the second 1 is opened and the bloody Kyuubi free. He can't do shit to Naruto's belly as Naruto would swipe his ass off in a blink of an eye anyway.

Tobi himself knew about the seal and had to w8. Only when Kushina was about to have a baby is when he could do shit. If he could just warp next to Kushina, grab her and undo the seal at any point he would have done so. Why even w8?

Of course its not even relevant as the seal is long gone lol.
    Last edited by xXan; May 22, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He wins 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 13, and maybe 17
    Deidara can't beat Naruto, but if he goes full self-destruct I'm not sure if Naruto can survive

As for the rest, I'll elaborate.

2) Madara. Not a chance. If Naruto tries using a Chakra-based move, then Madara can absorb it. If he uses a physical move, Madara can Susanoo. With all the various moves Madara has at his disposal, he can easily kill Naruto, but Naruto can't hurt Madara in return

6) Again, any Chakra-based moves can be absorbed with the hungry path's ability - assuming Pein doesn't just grab Naruto and hold him perfectly still, there's no way Naruto can generate enough Sage chakra to turn Pein into stone. In return, Naruto can have his soul sucked out, have animal summons to counter the frogs, and be thrown around like a ragdoll

7) This one could be controversial, but Sage mode combined with all the abilities he has can surely create an opening, and we've all seen what happens to anyone who gives Kabuto an opening - nothing short of a Bijuu bomb can KO Kabuto, too.

11&12) I group these two together, because with Susanoo tanking most hits, and the ability to Amaratsu Naruto if he gets too large, plus any openings created with small Genjutsu (such as the crow one) could easily give either brother the time needed to focus his eye.

14) Mokuton can easily counter the Kyuubi chakra - there's a reason Yamato is normally around when Naruto is training the Kyuubi. Without that, Naruto will go into Sage mode; The first Hokage is easily versatile enough with his Mokuton to counter anything Sage Naruto throws at him; Any attacks can be blocked with Mokuton.

15) Tobi. Another Controversial one, but if Tobi begins absorbing Naruto what can he do? He may be fast, but it wasn't Minato's speed that allowed him to escape, it was the teleporting ability. Once Naruto starts getting absorbed, he's gone. And in the mean time, landing a blow will be hard...

16) Four words: Great Shark Bullet Technique

Epic Brofist!

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    See the bottom right panel.
    Notice the resemblance?
    Sasuke too was "warned" ( hell, they were fighting, what more warning does he need? ) yet he completely lost sight of him, Naruto proved to be able to follow, and react accordingly.
    What about the links? Minato had no idea what was coming, Naruto did.

Sasuke had no idea how fast Raikage could get, so he had no warning. It's like how Naruto had no idea how fast Raikage was when he was trying to run away and kept getting hit. Naruto had warning and intent-sensing ability to help him keep up with Raikage's fastest. Sasuke had to rely on his eyes, which we've seen isn't as useful as Kyuubi's chakra against high-speed opponents.

Minato honestly showed better reflexes/reaction time since he had no warning whatsoever, just rumors about Raikage's speed. Sasuke not keeping up with Raikage's speed kinda makes sense because he was focused on Amaterasu.

Quote Quote:
    When, you know, from the Deidara fight ( and even then, we don't know when the genjutsu was applied ) never ever, despite all the upgrades of the eye, there was a similar situation.
    Also, Tsukuyomi isn't perpetual active, the Uchiha need to use the jutsu, and Naruto casually glimpsing to Itachi's eye will not let him fall prey of the jutsu.
    Genjutsu is always activated when the Uchiha stares in the eyes of the opponent ( finger genjutsu not-withstanding of course ), like when Sasuke stared down Danzou, like Itachi stared down Bee and like Madara stared down that fodder.
    Oh.

Why not? Naruto won't just casually glimpse, he'll look at Itachi in the eyes. Itachi has plenty of chances to get Naruto in genjutsu, if not Tsukuyomi. The fight with Bee proves it's not instant escape, which gives Itachi enough time to set up Tsukuyomi. We've seen Naruto look at Itachi's eyes when Itachi gave him the crow, no?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood
    Sasuke was definitely NOT warned. Sasuke was surprise that Amaterasu failed, that's when Ae attack him from behind. Naruto's case is different, he was on the move the entire time, and was told that a attack was coming.... all Naruto had to do is just keep moving...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont get this he was warned thing. If the Flash warned Batman that he was gonna come at him at full speed (please do not reply to this if you do not know Flashs full speed), would Batman be able to get out of the way? Another example, If Flash warned Superman that he was gonna come at him at full speed (saying this while reading his movement) would Superman get out of the way in time? NO. Unless your acknowledging the fact that Naruto has greater speed than the Raikage, then i do not understand how him warning Naruto has any merit at all.. In any argument. Him warning him or not, Naruto would have gotten out of the way.. since.. He.. is.. faster..

You guys must believe Naruto to be braindead...

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

@ Kazu sama

Your saying all of that not taking into account that non of them have an answer to Narutos speed. This is Naruto with no restrictions. No one has shown equal or greater speed feats or destructive power than he has. I dont like being the "1shot trololololololol guy" But i am having serious problems seing as to how any of them could react to Naruto.

@ Ninjabot
    Im not sure if its this thread or the previous one, but you replied to something i said about Tobi not controlling Naruto. Tobi has the ability to control and subdue the kyuubi right? Yet he has not used it and Naruto has essentially wrecked his whole moon eye plan while in Kyuubi mode. If it was THAT easy for any of them, they would have simply turned Narutos Kyuubi mode off, yet non of them have... Even those who are programmed to counter enemy jutsu.

So as far as the current playing field is concerned, non of them can do it unless they show the ability to do it to the current Naruto.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I dont get this he was warned thing. If the Flash warned Batman that he was gonna come at him at full speed (please do not reply to this if you do not know Flashs full speed), would Batman be able to get out of the way? Another example, If Flash warned Superman that he was gonna come at him at full speed (saying this while reading his movement) would Superman get out of the way in time? NO. Unless your acknowledging the fact that Naruto has greater speed than the Raikage, then i do not understand how him warning Naruto has any merit at all.. In any argument. Him warning him or not, Naruto would have gotten out of the way.. since.. He.. is.. faster..

You guys must believe Naruto to be braindead...
    When you compare flash to batman, is like comparing a rabbit to a turtle... terrible example. Naruto was comparable to Raikage speed back then,and Naruto was already on the move. When Raikage tells Naruto "i'm coming for you" alll Naruto had to dowas keep moving.... He was never in a stationary postion during that encounter.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the links? Minato had no idea what was coming, Naruto did.

Sasuke had no idea how fast Raikage could get, so he had no warning. It's like how Naruto had no idea how fast Raikage was when he was trying to run away and kept getting hit. Naruto had warning and intent-sensing ability to help him keep up with Raikage's fastest. Sasuke had to rely on his eyes, which we've seen isn't as useful as Kyuubi's chakra against high-speed opponents.

Minato honestly showed better reflexes/reaction time since he had no warning whatsoever, just rumors about Raikage's speed. Sasuke not keeping up with Raikage's speed kinda makes sense because he was focused on Amaterasu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Sasuke was definitely NOT warned. Sasuke was surprise that Amaterasu failed, that's when Ae attack him from behind. Naruto's case is different, he was on the move the entire time, and was told that a attack was coming.... all Naruto had to do is just keep moving...
    In case you don't remember, Sasuke saw Raikage fight against Juugo, and fought him himself.
    How in the world he wouldn't know that Raikage is fast?
    Also a warning doesn't mean a thing if you don't have neither the reflexes nor the ability do dodge, the moment you step into a fight you are "warned", otherwise you are a fool.
    See? Sasuke follows the initial moment, then he completely lost sight of Raikage, thus enclosing himself into an Amaterasued Susano'o.
    Also Naruto has his sensor ability to keep into consideration, and with Kabuto we saw how sensing ability can help, expecially if you lack eye reflexes

Quote Quote:
    Oh.

Why not? Naruto won't just casually glimpse, he'll look at Itachi in the eyes. Itachi has plenty of chances to get Naruto in genjutsu, if not Tsukuyomi. The fight with Bee proves it's not instant escape, which gives Itachi enough time to set up Tsukuyomi. We've seen Naruto look at Itachi's eyes when Itachi gave him the crow, no?
    Here I see Shi and Darui seeing that Sasuke has the MS without staring into his eyes.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He never saw Raikage's actual speed, and Sasuke was probably cocky in thinking his Amaterasu could be avoided. Sasuke does make mistakes after all, like thinking Bee would be taken out by his MS genjutsu. Sasuke still had no warning whatsoever that Raikage would avoid Amaterasu at his top speed, especially when Raikage didn't show such speed feat more than once.

Maybe so, but Naruto still had more warnin than Sasuke did, he was far more prepared. As mentioned, Naruto was already moving so all he had to do was use more hcakra to increase his speed. With his intent sensing ability, he could sense Raikage's intent to kill or come at full power. Not to mention, Raikage said he was coming for Naruto. Far more warning than what Sasuke or Minato had. Warning means a lot, otherwise Sasuke would have been beaten by Raikage if he didn't have his SHaringan to warn him for most of the battle. Warning means a lot because you're prepared and know WHEN to move, unless the attack is extremely fast or comes out of the blue.

He did, but Raikage went behind his back. In fact, Sasuke most likely wouldn't have known Raikage was behind him if Raikaeg didn't make a noise. No warning there, apart from noise. Speedblitz was out of the blue. Naruto had more warning.

If Naruto did have such good reflexes, he wouldn't have been on the defensive or incapable of running away from the Raikage.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

They did look at his eyes, and eventually, Shi got put in an MS genjutsu by Sasuke. Nothing stops Naruto from bein genjutsu'd either, especially when it's happened two times already.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

He never saw Raikage's actual speed, and Sasuke was probably cocky in thinking his Amaterasu could be avoided. Sasuke does make mistakes after all, like thinking Bee would be taken out by his MS genjutsu. Sasuke still had no warning whatsoever that Raikage would avoid Amaterasu at his top speed, especially when Raikage didn't show such speed feat more than once.

Maybe so, but Naruto still had more warnin than Sasuke did, he was far more prepared. As mentioned, Naruto was already moving so all he had to do was use more hcakra to increase his speed. With his intent sensing ability, he could sense Raikage's intent to kill or come at full power. Not to mention, Raikage said he was coming for Naruto. Far more warning than what Sasuke or Minato had. Warning means a lot, otherwise Sasuke would have been beaten by Raikage if he didn't have his SHaringan to warn him for most of the battle. Warning means a lot because you're prepared and know WHEN to move, unless the attack is extremely fast or comes out of the blue.

He did, but Raikage went behind his back. In fact, Sasuke most likely wouldn't have known Raikage was behind him if Raikaeg didn't make a noise. No warning there, apart from noise. Speedblitz was out of the blue. Naruto had more warning.

If Naruto did have such good reflexes, he wouldn't have been on the defensive or incapable of running away from the Raikage.
    If, for you, a warning is simply saying "I'm coming Naruto"...
    It is pretty much implied that, in a fight, one would be coming towards the opponent, don't you think?
    To further prove it, both Sasuke and Naruto had experience with Raikage in V1, yet Raikage in V2 tried to blitz them both, the difference is Sasuke completely lost sight of him while Naruto didn't.

So basically if Raikage said "Sasuke, imma coming to get ya!" then he would've been able to follow his movements?
    Just saying, he has a fancy eye that not only enabled him to see things in slow motion, but also a fancy eye capable of analyzing Raikage's jutsu, and his incremented output of chakra.
    More of a warning than that... Hell, Karin pissed her pants the moment Raikage activated V2

Quote Quote:
    They did look at his eyes, and eventually, Shi got put in an MS genjutsu by Sasuke. Nothing stops Naruto from bein genjutsu'd either, especially when it's happened two times already.
    Shi got oneshotted before that happened.

Also if we go in a normal manga reaction, then Sasuke or Itachi wouldn't even start in Susano'o ( they didn't in any fight, except Sasuke vs Danzou ), thus getting insta-blitzed.
    Ah no, Naruto will say "Imma coming Sasuke/Itachi!"

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast