Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Potential AnoE RPG

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Potential AnoE RPG

First of all, I'll say that this thread isn't about an AnoE video game, if anyone was wondering. Sorry if you were mislead by the title! ^_^'

As you probably know, there's a new RPG section here at Helpers and I'm thinking of starting an Ao no Exorcist; I have ideas but I'd like to canvas people's opinions before I flesh those ideas so as out to avoid creating an entire RPG that no one joins. :P

So, if anyone might be interested, please tell me! Here are my ideas so far: the RPG will feature our own original characters rather than ones from the manga and anime; our characters will be Exorcists anywhere between the rank of Lower 2nd Class to Upper 2nd Class; the setting will be the British & Irish Branch Headquarters; our characters will be sent on various missions on behalf of the Order which they will have to work together to complete; the RPG will not be stat-based - they're too complicated for a simpleton like me!

I have several mission ideas already, and a lot of ideas for demons (thanks wikipedia!) that we could potentially do battle with. In addition to missions, there will be an ongoing plot that weaves them all together.

So, if you think you might join, or if you have any questions, just say so! I
    nput is also welcome! ^_^

Also, apologies if this should go in the RPG section; I put it here because I thought it would get more attention from the people who might want be interested.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Potential AnoE RPG

I have no qualms about arranging an ANE RPG.

I am amused at the setting being British/Irish Branch HQ. I would say that invokes a ton of political baggage that, while fascinating to use in a story, would work badly in an RP. I think the setting should be global, as the True Cross Order is an expansive worldwide organization already. A mission in a setting can be as simple as handling a kraken in the ocean, or complex as restoring Fenrir's bindings following the theft of the gleipnir. The mission members can be requested from different areas depending on qualifications. So if you have the mythology or mission, that determines the setting.

I agree on creating unique characters from Lower 2nd Class to Upper 1st Class. Exwires are supposed to be in school and peripheral characters (Rin is the exception in the manga because he can burn the enemy into bacon bits.)
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Potential AnoE RPG

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I have no qualms about arranging an ANE RPG.

I am amused at the setting being British/Irish Branch HQ. I would say that invokes a ton of political baggage that, while fascinating to use in a story, would work badly in an RP. I think the setting should be global, as the True Cross Order is an expansive worldwide organization already. A mission in a setting can be as simple as handling a kraken in the ocean, or complex as restoring Fenrir's bindings following the theft of the gleipnir. The mission members can be requested from different areas depending on qualifications. So if you have the mythology or mission, that determines the setting.

I agree on creating unique characters from Lower 2nd Class to Upper 1st Class. Exwires are supposed to be in school and peripheral characters (Rin is the exception in the manga because he can burn the enemy into bacon bits.)
    Thanks for your interest! Haha, I don't see how there would be any political baggage; it's not like AnoE is a political story, so I'll leave politics out of it. :P I'm choosing to hone in on a specific branch because it's easier than trying to juggle a whole world-wide organisation; the canon deals predominantly with the Japan branch, and this RPG will deal with the British one. I chose Britain for the obvious reason that, being from there, I know more about it than I do about anywhere else. :P However, and I meant to put this in my first post but forgot, characters can be from any country in the world.

That said, the setting should spill out into other countries; this will give more variety to the kinds of places and demons we'll meet and, as you say, mission members from different branches can work together.

And yeah, I didn't want to have it about Exwires because a) the manga is doing that better than we ever could :P b) it limits what could happen in the RPG c) we don't know all that much about the qualification process, so even if we decided that characters could grsduate to full-on Exorcists, we wouldn't know how to have them do that and d) as exqires our characters wouldn't be able to kick as much ass. :P

The other night I also came up with a group of bad guys who'll be the recurring villains of the piece; a group whose founder was a former Exorcist who broke from the Order hundreds of years ago and who's been working from the shadows ever since. Pretty standard set of bad guys, I know, and I'm not sure I didn't completely plagiarise the idea from somewhere else accidentally. :P

I also have a rough outline for a first mission; our characters will be sent up to Scotland to deal with a certain water demon. However, what was meant to be a standard mission turns into something much more dangerous.

New Reply