Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 474 Discussion/475 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 474 Discussion/475 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by g0i5y View Post
    I can see what you mean. I reckon it'll be a kamikaze style death, seems most likely doesn't it?
    I totally agree with your point on the length, it's reached a tedious length.
    Indeed, this has been the longest master fight or probably the longest fight period in the manga thus far even surpassing the length of Sakaki's fight with Akira. Kamikaze style almost fits the description keep in mind there is no guarantee Akira will be able to kill Jenezad in the next chapter but it's likely
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 21, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be a total letdown if he manages to kill Jenezad. Seriously, Jenezad had so much hype, I don't think he'll lose just like that without fighting a master on a higher level. Anyway, next week is the conclusion, and I'm totally looking forward to the end of this fight.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

A series of awesome chapters and then we have....this. I've never been a fan of deathbed power-ups, if Akira wins this it would rank among the most annoying power-ups in any manga to date. He is outclassed in every measure, is minutes away from death, and has already been given his get-up and risk it all for the win. Why is he alive? He isn't particularly important to the storyline, he isn't a major character of the manga, and based on the other comments there isn't exactly a throng of people cheering for him to win this one. So why has this battle gone on for so long? Akira is way beyond his past due date.
    Last edited by Impossibility; May 21, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut the author some slack, this is HSDK's highest tier battle (it is like saying "maaaan... Whitebeard is old and sick and took so much damage already, why can't he just die?"). I think that from now on you should expect this kinds of battles and comebacks so get used to it. I also think that we should stop killing characters before they are officially dead, it's been 5 weeks already of "Akira died".

It is only correct to call asspull when a character powers up with no indication that they were this sturdy or amazing. Akira is a lifetime karate user and genius with years of experience, sparring with other lifetime genius such as Sakaki on a daily basis with both mastering everything there is to it; he also surpasses Silcardo by a notable margin when it comes to get the best out of someone (he is the best disciple raiser with no contest). Selling his defeat very expensively is Akira's right.

I am sure the author is aware of the difference with this 2 characters, but it will be fair if Akira manages to injure Silcardo. Silcardo's victory should not be on check, only he won't curbstomp it and I ate my words for nothing... we''ll see.

Akira's relations with important events and characters gives him weight in the story. A character value increases with his connections to important things. That was a no brainer.

Ha! Akira is good looking? he is macho but I never saw him as an adonis! and it looks like he was more katsujinken than Sakaki back then as he shielded the girls with no second thought while Sakaki called him reckless.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; May 21, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am cheering for him and most of the people I know are too so lol. Anyway Be glad next week ends this. Also be glad we have got off the billion week break.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey people did mangastream drop kenichi?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So... if hongo won the tournament while injured do we assume that at that time he defeated sakaki.... while heavily injured?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    Cut the author some slack, this is HSDK's highest tier battle (it is like saying "maaaan... Whitebeard is old and sick and took so much damage already, why can't he just die?"). I think that from now on you should expect this kinds of battles and comebacks so get used to it. I also think that we should stop killing characters before they are officially dead, it's been 5 weeks already of "Akira died".

It is only correct to call asspull when a character powers up with no indication that they were this sturdy or amazing. Akira is a lifetime karate user and genius with years of experience, sparring with other lifetime genius such as Sakaki on a daily basis with both mastering everything there is to it; he also surpasses Silcardo by a notable margin when it comes to get the best out of someone (he is the best disciple raiser with no contest). Selling his defeat very expensively is Akira's right.

I am sure the author is aware of the difference with this 2 characters, but it will be fair if Akira manages to injure Silcardo. Silcardo's victory should not be on check, only he won't curbstomp it and I ate my words for nothing... we''ll see.

Akira's relations with important events and characters gives him weight in the story. A character value increases with his connections to important things. That was a no brainer.

Ha! Akira is good looking? he is macho but I never saw him as an adonis! and it looks like he was more katsujinken than Sakaki back then as he shielded the girls with no second thought while Sakaki called him reckless.
    I still fail to comprehend how Akira is relevant to the future plot he had his spotlight like any other OSNF master now its time for him go plain and simple.

There's no reason to cut the author slack when this fight should of ended chapters ago. Watching Akira get his ass handed to him chapter after chapter is by far from appealing. I don't see how you can condone a fight of this length...7 to 8 chapters?!? come on dude
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    So... if hongo won the tournament while injured do we assume that at that time he defeated sakaki.... while heavily injured?
    Nah
    http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...f-death/page_5
    They fought in different ranks(due to a weight difference i gues), so i supose they didnt meet eachother in this tournament and was both victorious.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OcasoEterno04 View Post
    Hey people did mangastream drop kenichi?
    I don't think so they translated the 473 chapter not too long ago maybe they're just a little so to the action but who knows..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I still fail to comprehend how Akira is relevant to the future plot he had his spotlight like any other OSNF master now its time for him go plain and simple.

There's no reason to cut the author slack when this fight should of ended chapters ago. Watching Akira get his ass handed to him chapter after chapter is by far from appealing. I don't see how you can condone a fight of this length...7 to 8 chapters?!? come on dude

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Most likely so..I mean they did fight over 200 times so yeah...Sakaki was heavily injured too though so that probably worked in Akira's favor
    They were fighting in different divisions it said in this chapter... lol and also i think akira would have to make ammends with sakaki and kenichi before he disapears from the plot if you didnt notice in the first spin off chapter regarding shou kano and hermit on the last page hermit says to kenichi give that earring to the god fist hes the oly one that could truly appreciate it so in other words matsuena was giving us a little hintthat obviously hongou will probably at least live through this ordeal whether he wins or not is a different story.

I thought it was cool how sakaki was thinking in his head during the gun raid in his flashback both he and hongou were taught how to dodge bullets through the trajectory maybe thats another little hint of what kenichi may learn in the future.
    Last edited by blackmidnight; May 22, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    They were fighting in different devisions it said in this chapter... lol and also i think akira would have to make ammends with sakaki and kenichi before he disapears from the plot if you didnt notice in the first spin off chapter regarding shou kano and hermit on the last page hermit says to kenichi give that earring to the god fist hes the oly one that could truly appreciate it so in other words matsuena was giving us a little hintthat obviously hongou will probably at least live through this ordeal whether he wins or not is a different story.

I thought it was cool how sakaki was thinking in his head during the gun raid in his flashback both he and hongou were taught how to dodge bullets through the trajectory maybe thats another little hint of what kenichi may learn in the future.
    Whether he lives or dies I really don't care at this point the sooner this arc is over the better. These master class fights are cool, but I grow wearisome of them.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't predict the future nor if he will be important latter, but regardless, he is far more important than your "Just die already!" Chilly Willy.

Mikumo and Isshinsai's fights (maybe Sougetsu's too) will probably be long ones, will you be "just get over already!" like you are now? if so, put it in spoilers.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; May 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    I can't predict the future nor if he will be important latter, but regardless, he is far more important than your "Just die already!" Chilly Willy.
    Mikumo and Isshinsai's fights (maybe Sougetsu's too) will probably be long ones, will you be "just get over already!" like you are now? if so, put it in spoilers.
    Lol there's nothing wrong with Akira dying it would be an honorable death he fought hard and gave his all...now die and if their fights are as long as this one..God help me
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 22, 2012 at 01:19 AM.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol there's nothing wrong with Akira dying it would be an honorable death he fought hard and gave his all...now die
    The author stated that the battle will end next chapter. Getting angry at this point is like getting angry after you reach your destination with "when are we going to be there!?" it makes no sense.

You have me all wrong I was never angry maybe a tad bit frustrated, but more so I was simply disappointed, and I know that in the next chapter the fight will be over hopefully Akira will pass on to the afterlife and Jenezad will stand victorious
    Whatever makes you happy, just don't throw another tantrum.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; May 22, 2012 at 02:29 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast