Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensei no Bulge by Horikoshi Kouhei

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sensei no Bulge by Horikoshi Kouhei

Sensei no Bulge
    By: Horikoshi Kouhei
    Genre: Action, Sci-Fi
    Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Publisher: Shueisha
    Mangaupdates

Long ago Industria was a peaceful planet, ruled by a single royal family. Since then, contact with alien races has led to fifty years of invasion, turmoil, violence, and war, leaving the Royal Family in control of the planetary capitol and little more. Astro the Destitute lives in the capitols slums, working a miserable job to support his makeshift family. One day he is approached by Bulge, the runaway heir to the planetary throne. Shockingly identical in voice and appearance, Prince Bulge proposes Astro take his place on the throne so that Bulge can escape his life as Prince. Moments later the Prince's guard approaches, mistaking Astro for Bulge, they drag him back to the planet. Thus begins Astro's adventure of mistaken identity, thrust into the role of heir to the throne, and savior from the warring alien hordes.

A New Series by the Mangaka of Oumagadoki Zoo

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TXC's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Sensei no Bulge by Horikoshi Kouhei

It appears it will be in alpha. Still need to read it though.

Negative Syndicate

It is too early to judge on this point, but Bulge's chapter 1 is definitely better than chapter 1 of Oumagdoki.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it funny how the Prince got killed.

So far so good.It was not an overwhelming start,but future chapters could be interesting with that alien stuff,discovering 'the earth' and how it changed under the influence of the aliens.Wonder if it will go into an adventure direction or focus on political stuff from time to time(the issue of slums,the aliens,orphans,war).

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing the prince's death was staged and that he'll show up again someday.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good so far.

Very interested in where this is going.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good first chapter! And the art is very good. Can`t wait to see the nex chapter. And the color page ary one of the best i have seen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Bulge is like a much better version of Magico/Metallica Metalluca. It's one of those "serious comedies" mentioned in Bakuman (like PCP), and it has an amazing, original story to boot.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I'm guessing the prince's death was staged and that he'll show up again someday.
    Not sure whether he faked his death or not.It would make sense,since he would be able to escape better as his substitute actually believes the real prince is dead. I do think he probably survived (even though him being dead would be better,I think), but it might not have been planned by him.Just a convenient coincidence.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there was some illogical points (like, I'm not sure to have understood what this stupid alien was doing here alone) but we have all the classical trait of a shounen hero (stupid but with a strong and good heart). Let's wait and see.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow really enjoyed this chapter!! Looking good so far. Hoping this will do well so it can be added to my list of newer jump series along with Nisekoi and Haikyuu
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see why so many people like Horikoshi Kouhei's art now. I think I'm in love with his art style, especially how cartoony it can be sometimes! The first chapter was pretty good, I'm interested in seeing how the story goes from here.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It has potential, but I wanted more immediate explanation. I had no idea what the deal with the alien was. I mean, I get the idea that aliens invaded the planet, but that there are still human controlled areas, but the parts lacking were why the alien was there. I know he wanted the Org, but it seems a tad odd that he'd just be allowed in.

The concept, while the aliens invading is somewhat different to what you might see in this story, isn't original at all. A case of mistaken identity isn't even one bit original. I mean, the story looks like it could have potential, but I'm not holding this up as a series that I think will necessarily last for a long time. I'm not so sure this can work if it goes in a political route, but if it's just battling or something, the Org's overpowered, so that's no fun either. Astro can't just leave the kids in the slum, so they would need to be accepted in, or at least given proper homes and care. If not, Astro's just a total ass and the story would lose legitimacy, as Astro would be abandoning the very people he's worked to save. I'm not saying that we need to really ever see the kids, but they do need to be cared for.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well in all fairness, you can't expect everything to be explained in the first chapter, it's better with more mysteries.

I really enjoyed it. I hope it at least sticks around for a little while as I think it has more potential than appears on the surface.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ikzer's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed this, and it was a whole time since I enjoyed this much with a first chapter. The art is certainly great, and very better than Oumagadoki, but I think the story has a great potential. Read right: potential. It means that the plot isn't developed enough to see if It's great or not, but It can be, It has the ingredients and until now they are being well displayed. And the art is great. There are a lot of stuff that needs to be explained, of course, but for a first chapter, where you have to get the general idea of the universe and characters in which the story takes place, this does good. And the art is great.

Also, remembering the last time that three series started in a row in Jump, the only one who survived was Magico (which started with Dois Sol, Marchen Oji Grimm and Sengoku Armors), and I'm pretty sure this will be the case too, because It's good enough and the magazine's context is appropriate: they need series to be establishing now, and don't think they would take the axe for a while.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast