Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensei no Bulge by Horikoshi Kouhei

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Sensei no Bulge by Horikoshi Kouhei

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    And here I thought that Astro revealing his identity could be a good closure to Vol. 1 at chapter 7 yet it came so fast but that made the next development more unpredictable, something that I think that needs to be worked on is the planet or cities names, like is anyone who's born in Assassinia is going to be an assassin or combat trained?
    I thought so too. I didn't think Astro would hide his identity for too long, but not right after the dilemma occurred in the first place. Not to say it was poorly done, absolutely not. It was just really surprising the way Horikoshi subverted the double identity dilemma so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
    Its been confirmed for shonen jump Alpha:
    Spoiler show

WOW. That has got to be the quickest Viz Media has picked up a WSJ series ever, not to mention a brand new one. We've only gone through 2 chapters so far.

I thought it was just someone's misread that this was going to happen.

Spoiler show

Everyone is expecting a LOT from Sensei no Bulge/Barrage.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; May 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I like chapter 2, I never thought that :
    Spoiler show

It seems Viz has a high hope for this series, it was unusual for a new series picked for Alpha so fast.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    It's not just serious humor. It's Oumagadoki-style hilarity from a serious premise. That way it can easily go from a comedy to a battle manga to a drama. Oumagadoki was written in a way that it couldn't change much from its original premise, which is why it failed.
    Seriously ? What else than a battle manga can this be ? If it's good there will be comedy and drama like in every other of its genre.

The question of Astro family needed to be solved before he started his journey. And the best solution was that he tells the truth so it is not that surprising that it happens quickly in the end.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
    Its been confirmed for shonen jump Alpha:
    Spoiler show
    Ahh a good news. Now i am sure thaht it wont`t be axed. The manha is realy good and a hope thah viz will realise volumes when the get out in japan!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It does not mean that it won't be axed if the poll are not good. It just means that they bet it will be successful.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Second chapter was another enjoyable read =D. Glad to see the misunderstanding was cleared up already, so the plot can focus on other things. Looking forward to where things will go from here .
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not surprising Alpha would pick up any new shounen series, especially if one has even the slightest amount of potential. The big 3 will be ending soon, and while I'm not saying Barrage will be a successor, they need to make good, inexpensive investments.

As for the series itself, I am not too big of a fan of scifi settings initially. DBZ was the only one to do it right. With that said, had very good potential in the first half of the first chapter. The last half was interesting but right off the bat, the universe already seems way too huge with multiple planets and aliens. I am not sure why the planet Astro is on matters more than others and why aliens are interested in the kingdom. Astro's weapon is also really cool, can only imagine how it'd look animated.

The second chapter had an interesting development with Astro revealing his identity, definitely didn't expect that so soon. But I also didn't want to see him reveal his identity 50 chapters later and have some ridiculous compromise with the kingdom. It was played out well, with Tiamat already suspecting it and the King hoping his son grew out of his recklessness.

I can only hope the author doesn't have too much on his plate with this manga. He has already introduced so many things that we'll need background for. At this point, I would rather have the author go slower in developments and introducing smaller plots first before giving us chapters that are complete information spam.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While there was not a lot of plot progression in chapter 2, I am glad Horikoshi already resolved the case of mistaken identity. It would have been annoying if Atsro still had to stress about pretending to be Bulge, at some point it would have only taken away from the action.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Duzy's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen the artwork of this mangaka before, but the overall visual/pace vibe it gives me resembles One Piece, much more so than Fairy Tail as its artwork seems to me as a mere copy. First time I was so looking forward to a series since Double Arts. And come on, originality of the premise? What did OP had to offer: a pirate who wants to find a treasure. It's the realization that matters and so far so good... We'll see but I hold expectations for this one.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 3 is up. So the Bandit removal wasn't "The Journey" but a journey to affirm the hero's call to duty? Can't help but think that the bandit seemed more like a mini-boss than the oversized mook I assume he really is. Comedy is still nice, though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Jino was alive. The chap was good as aways. I`m happy that they won`t be staying in the castle. Tiamat will be training Astro. He dosen`t look like the typical master for a shonen.I really hope that the story will get better and that the manga will be the next big hit.
    Last edited by vampire killer; June 01, 2012 at 08:04 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter. I'm glad that they didn't stay in their country. I feel like this manga would do better if it's an adventure manga. It's nice to see what they mean by "the age of the battle star", the world looks pretty fucked up if they think that their families dying is "normal". It should be interesting to see more of the world. I'm guessing we'll meet more characters in the coming chapters, maybe the female lead will come next? Idk

Btw, the art reminds me more of Ao No Exorcist than one piece really, but I can see somewhat of a resemblance. Either way, the art sure is great.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It was nice that Jino lived.

The chapter itself wasn't that interesting, as it was more about setting up the future than the actual chapter content, which only needed to get to the end result.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

These twists are really getting me good. I wasn't sure what was going to happen this chapter but an adventure seems like the best possible route for the current situation and I certainly didn't see it coming. I hope the adventure becomes one of the central parts of the manga... and is crazy long so Tiamat can train Astro and we can see some great character development by the end of it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKisame View Post
    These twists are really getting me good. I wasn't sure what was going to happen this chapter but an adventure seems like the best possible route for the current situation and I certainly didn't see it coming. I hope the adventure becomes one of the central parts of the manga... and is crazy long so Tiamat can train Astro and we can see some great character development by the end of it.
    I kind of saw the whole adventure coming. It would probably be boring if he stays at the perfectly safe castle, it's nice that Astro and Tiamat go out and explore the world. I hope the mangaka is really creative with the world, let's see what he has in store.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast