Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Favorite One Piece Arc

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain Morgan

0 0%
  • Buggy the Clown

0 0%
  • Baratie

0 0%
  • Arlong Park

5 4.07%
  • Baroque Works (Whiskey Peak - Little Garden - Alabasta)

9 7.32%
  • Drum Island

0 0%
  • Jaya

1 0.81%
  • Skypaeia

11 8.94%
  • Davy Back Fight

2 1.63%
  • Water 7 - Enes Lobby

50 40.65%
  • Thriller Bark

4 3.25%
  • Sabaody

6 4.88%
  • The Whitebeard War (Amazon Lily - Impel Down - Marineford)

32 26.02%
  • Fishman Island

0 0%
  • Punk Hazard

3 2.44%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Arc!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Arc!

I want to know what peoples favorite arc in one piece is. I haven't read all of one piece yet. I am reading skypia arc AT the time of this post. But I've heard about the outher arcs and I think marin ford will be my favorite arc. Post what your favorite arc is and why. if you want you can put two arcs down you favorite short one and your favorite long one. Because there's shortt arcs and long arcs
    Last edited by naruto36; May 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite one piece arc

[Beware of Spoiler Alert when you havent Read one piece completely yet!!!!!]

I say to you that you must read one piece completely in the right order!
    Not that you use this thread to read the arcs in the order people favorite them...

I personally like the Skypia arc very much. I mean in the beginning its not very interesting, then it turns into a battle royale wich is very amusing to see.
    But at one certain point there is a turn when the whole fight makes sense and you can really feel for all the characters in this arc.

Its when Viper (Waipa) remembers the old story of Karugara and Noland.
    This part of the Skypia arc is in my opinion the very best.

Its kinda heart braking and sad, but after that you can really feel for Waipa and his ambitions.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2400-...apter-293.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2400-...apter-293.html

And then there is this special connection to all.

For me at that point this arc turned from a awesome random battle arc, to one of the most emotional arcs in one piece.
    It literally brought tears in my eyes.

I love it when this story can do this from time to time.

I also like Choppers Arc very much, before he joins the Crew, or the Sanji Arc when he leaves the Baratie.
    Very great moments.

I pointed Skypia Arc because most people underrate it very much... :/
    But there are different kind of one piece readers, some wich are happy with deep emotional scenes, and others who just want awesome fights.
    You can find all of it in one piece, but not every reader will like all of it in the same way.

The Whitbeard War Arc was great, but for me the best parts of it are the emotional ones.
    After Ace was freed by luffy, after Akainus attack. Whitebeards desperate attack on Akainu... The Battle between him and Blackbeard, and last but not least, his death. When he memorizes a special conversation between him and Gol D. Roger... All Whitebeard wanted in life, was Family.
    For moments like this i love One Piece...

You really have to read it all.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I do plan to read it all in order. The only reson I asked was just too see what people have to say about the arcs. And I have to agree that the skypia arc does start of bad but gets Better as it goes along. A lot of one piece arcs do that. As of right now my favorite arc is the skypia arc. Don't worry I have read it order up till now and I play to keep doing that. After all I only started reading one price last mothe and I'm allreddy on to skypia arc. I fell in love with the series very fast. But I'm surprised you didn't mention the Alabama (I forgot the name of the. Country) arc. Because that's my second favorite.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Eniel Lobby is one of my favorite arcs, mostly because of the scene where Luffy's all "COME BACK ROBIN" and Robin's all "I WANNA GO TO THE SEAS WITH YOU" and Luffy's all, "SOGEKING, BURN THAT FLAG!" and Sogeking does. THat was epic.

Not sure if I should list Shabondy because it has one of my all-time favorite scene: Luffy punching Tenryuubito. Though, Rayleigh's a badass. Marineford War is probably the second favorite.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto36 View Post
    I do plan to read it all in order. The only reson I asked was just too see what people have to say about the arcs. And I have to agree that the skypia arc does start of bad but gets Better as it goes along. A lot of one piece arcs do that. As of right now my favorite arc is the skypia arc. Don't worry I have read it order up till now and I play to keep doing that. After all I only started reading one price last mothe and I'm allreddy on to skypia arc. I fell in love with the series very fast. But I'm surprised you didn't mention the Alabama (I forgot the name of the. Country) arc. Because that's my second favorite.
    You're likely gonna hear "finish the manga and don't come back here" posts but only for your own benefit. Some things that happen in the manga are just things you don't want spoiled. Anyways, there are lots of great arcs. I think the Water 7 arc is my personal favorite though there are others that draw really close. My short review of that arc.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by SlayerKisame; May 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto36 View Post
    You meant Alabasta
    Personally i like almost every Arc. Alabasta and Enis Lobby / Water 7, also Thriller Bark, and everything in East Blue... i even like the short ones as well, like Jaya or Davy Back fight.
    I cant really make a ranking out of the arcs, but i would have to split in 2 categories, Short Arcs and Long arcs.

I didnt mention other arcs and explained why i like skypia arc very much, because i think skypia is underrated by much readers. Not because i dont like Alabasta or Water 7 as much as i like skypia.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished the skypia arc and I have to say, I didn't really like the ending part that much. But nevertheless the Davy back fight is kinda ok. But what I don't understand is that the next person they get is franky and they don't lose anyone so I don't know how luffy or fozy wins how it goes out. But nevertheless could somebody plz tell me franks roll on the ship isn't he just a cyborg. I'm ok with spoliera and keep sending in your favorite arcs and rewievs of the arcs if you want. Make sure to say why you like it so much.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well. I wont spoil you at this part, because it would ruin it in many ways. Just read it through.

Besides one thing: Franky will be the ship carpenter.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg nooooooo not going marry I'm so mad I don't want going marry to die. When going marry cried I did too. Omg this is so sad I relly won't want this there must be a way. Going merry is a part of the crew I cried so much this is so sad.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

water 7

the way the group held together after they were ripped apart, and how they finally assembled, that was epic

the very scene you see them, not as luffy and sanji and zoro and nami and ... etc, but as the strawhat pirates.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Eniel Lobby is one of my favorite arcs, mostly because of the scene where Luffy's all "COME BACK ROBIN" and Robin's all "I WANNA GO TO THE SEAS WITH YOU" and Luffy's all, "SOGEKING, BURN THAT FLAG!" and Sogeking does. THat was epic.

Not sure if I should list Shabondy because it has one of my all-time favorite scene: Luffy punching Tenryuubito. Though, Rayleigh's a badass. Marineford War is probably the second favorite.
    I too loved that part. THAT BEST one was when Law, Luffy and Kid were fighting and then Luffy killed it by going small.... I died. And HOW SHOCKED they were when Luffy punched the CD.

I also LOVED Luffy's childhood. I laughed and cried soooooooo much. that was effing sad. The whole Garp thing was awesome.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Alabasta arc. 1st long arc of One Piece hence, personally I think it is the most emotional one and will always be my favorite. I love Water 7 too, especially for its twist and final battle between Luffy and Lucci. The only thing I like about Skypea arc is Enel.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Alabasta arc. 1st long arc of One Piece hence, personally I think it is the most emotional one and will always be my favorite. I love Water 7 too, especially for its twist and final battle between Luffy and Lucci. The only thing I like about Skypea arc is Enel.
    The best thing about Skypiea was Norland and Carlgara's friendship. Their chemistry was just astounding, It's highly comparable with Strawhat's... It also made the whole objective of Skypiea arc much more meaningful than ever. Man, I miss those guys. I hope we'll get great flashback's characters like them in the near future.

18. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying I don't like others but my current favorite arc is actually the "quadrilogy" saga starting after Thriller Bark: Sabaody, Amazon Lily, Impel Down and Marineford.

Without spoilering too much for naruto36, my reasons are that the final two shichibukai are introduced, the other two left Marine Admirals, we read something about Dragon's Revolution Army and the showdown in Marineford, and Luffy's flashback were a worthy end to "One Piece Part II". And the supernova pirates were also very interesting - I hope we'll see them all in some chapters again.

Spoiler: Part count show
    Last edited by hoeru; May 27, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poll added.

It is a very close call but my favorite is the Whitebeard War, starting with Amazon Lily. The scale of the arc was so epic, the stakes were so high, and the consequences so dire. I think that everything that makes One Piece great was contained in the War and it's component arcs. Water 7 - Enes Lobby comes very close, but I like the War a little more.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast