Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Favorite One Piece Arc

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain Morgan

0 0%
  • Buggy the Clown

0 0%
  • Baratie

0 0%
  • Arlong Park

5 4.07%
  • Baroque Works (Whiskey Peak - Little Garden - Alabasta)

9 7.32%
  • Drum Island

0 0%
  • Jaya

1 0.81%
  • Skypaeia

11 8.94%
  • Davy Back Fight

2 1.63%
  • Water 7 - Enes Lobby

50 40.65%
  • Thriller Bark

4 3.25%
  • Sabaody

6 4.88%
  • The Whitebeard War (Amazon Lily - Impel Down - Marineford)

32 26.02%
  • Fishman Island

0 0%
  • Punk Hazard

3 2.44%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Arc!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite one piece arc

Wasn't there already a poll like this in the one piece awards ? I'm not finding the link to the awards anymore but I think that all this was already discussed not so long ago.

(NB: For me, it's Water Seven - Enies Lobby. It's around this time IMO that One piece became the greatest manga available)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be a toss-up between The Whitebeard War and Water 7. Epic battles, major plot developments, awesome characters, these two arcs have it all. Although, Punk Hazard is shaping up to be pretty epic, but there is a way to go before its conclusion so we'll have to see about this one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Amongst the different arcs it is SkyPia.
    For me it is always about the premise of the arc, only after that the fights. Skypia had the most powerful flashback, in terms of emotional impact. A promise made by two great men 400 years ago, fulfilled by Luffy ringing the bell. That was rly powerful. I understand Skypia isn't rly liked among the fanbase, I guess because of the poor/slow start, but I enjoyed it very much.

Among the different saga it is the War Saga.
    Every chapter since ID ended with a great cliffhanger. Basically for about a year I was always waiting with great excitement for the next chapter. I don't know of any manga with over 50 constantly exciting cliffhangers. Heck, if u check the amount of pages in the chapter discussion threads u easily understand what Im talking about.

Oda made great use of different devil fruits, introduced recurrent characters, re-introduced old characters and he ultimately showed us the top stage of the One Piece realm -> Last tier (WB Admirals). Combined with the fantastic pace (Im a impatient man, so that was a great win for me xD), great dialogues and always exiting tension, it was clearly the most outstanding saga in my eyes. As far as I know it was also Odas most successful saga.

The only negative aspect of that saga was the great chaos on the battlefield and consequently the interrupted fights. However fairly understandable, after all to save material for the future plot, Oda could not go into his end game characters. I mean the manga only reached half point at that moment. He couldn't reveal his characters fighting abilities and limits.

Anyway, I voted for the WB war Saga. btw a saga is build up by at least 2 arcs.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Water 7 - Enies Lobby arc summed up what SHP was about. The fact that they decided to invade a government stronghold just to get one of their nakama back, who was still mysterious, and the fact that they didn't mind making the world their enemy just for Robin, showed what SHP believed in. This made me LOVE SHP even more, and the manga even more. I think it was a powerful arc because it was darker than most previous arcs. When the SHP finally meet up in Enies Lobby with Robin while she was on the other side, it was so symbolic and powerful.

Not only did we learn more about the WG, not only did we learn more about Robin, not only did we learn more about the marines, and certainly not only did we learn more about how powerful the world government was, but we also learn just who SHP was and their goal. They cared more about their crew that they were willing to go to hell for one member who wasn't as close (in my opinion). The way Luffy fought Lucci for Robin and his crew, and the strength they got to save Robin was awesome.

Not to mention, this arc had a lot of things. It had comedy (Kaku and the wolf vs. Zoro and Usopp was hilarious, esp with Kaku being made fun of xD), it had darkness, it had direness, tragedy, action, adventure, and inspiration, to name few. It was also realistic, with the way Usopp reacted to abandoning Going Merry and even going as far as leaving, and Zoro's speech about accepting Usopp.

Plus, Garp. xD It also established his character and how his crew felt about him.

I don't think I really explained well enough how I feel about the arc or why I like it, but those reasons are why it's my favorite arc of all tiem.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the Baroque Works arc because I can still remember how shocked I was when I found out Miss Wednesday was a princess. She even joined the Straw Hats. It's amazing how a seemingly simple story actually developed into something deeper.

On a side note, Thriller Bark may not be a popular choice, but I also liked it for the funny scenes. Usopp being scared as hell was too hilarious for me

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Poll added.

It is a very close call but my favorite is the Whitebeard War, starting with Amazon Lily. The scale of the arc was so epic, the stakes were so high, and the consequences so dire. I think that everything that makes One Piece great was contained in the War and it's component arcs. Water 7 - Enes Lobby comes very close, but I like the War a little more.
    Thanks for adding the poll make sure to go and click your favorite on the poll. I'll try to update the poll with the new arcs or you can do it whatever suits but I still have to catch up with the manga. Favorite is still Skype up to the gates of justice place. Can't remover the name he he.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Wasn't there already a poll like this in the one piece awards ? I'm not finding the link to the awards anymore but I think that all this was already discussed not so long ago.

(NB: For me, it's Water Seven - Enies Lobby. It's around this time IMO that One piece became the greatest manga available)
    Yes there was, http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-Arc-Storyline
    I even found this one in the old threads
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...c-in-One-Piece, could be funny to compare the results. I couldn't find the least favorite arc thread which I recall also exist

Edit:Here they are ( surprisingly a search for Davy helped a lot finding them...)
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-Arc-Storyline (award)
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...c-in-One-Piece (discussion)
    Last edited by k-dom; June 02, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. I Honestly haven't seen all the OP arcs in full yet because I was cathing up to other stuff or couldn't be bothered. When the collections come its going to be my first time seeing skypiea in full and when season 4 comes to the US it'll be my first time seeing the foxy fight and water (only saw enis lobby) and its a real gamble on wether or not I watch thriller bark as it is, or just wait for funi to dub it. I'm also fairly skimpy on the whitebeard war parts.

That being said, My list is pretty biased.

The Barouqe works saga is probably my favorite, It was one thing to see alabasta in itself, but the saga as a whole is really nicely done, and very fun to watch. I saw the pieces be put together and it made the events that happened in alabasta all the more sweeter and this is why I have to say, while OP is long, you trulely shouldn't really skip arcs.

Enis Lobby I saw at the begining of the break in to its end and while I was a tad confused about ussop having skipped the water 7 part, I caught on pretty quick. I have to say though I can't wait to see water 7 (as a dub) because I love this arc. It has such great emotion with equally great fights, and of course, OP being OP, has nice spades of humor here and there( Chopper and Franky's kitchen scene anyone?)

Speaking of chopper, I also like Drum island a bit, pretty much for choppers backstory as the first time I watched it I was in tears (THEY WERE MAN TEARS DAMMIT!) Though I have to say while I usually don't like movie rehashes I can somewhat understand why Movie 9 gave Luffy so much to do, Plus Chopper acctually got to fight wapol a bit for real, which I think would have made the arc a bit more awesome, but oh well I still like it.

I also have to give east blue its props. Yes I know its only the begining of the series where the only real epic thing that happens is the arlong arc, but I really liked the orgin adventure vibes I felt then. Back when the strawhats were only a small group of barely five people and were getting themselves in all sorts of crazy crap because they weren't wanted yet. From time to time I like to marathon this segment (Its only two collections).

Also, I'm one of those people that LIKES fishman island. Yes Hody was the worst villan ever and that truely sucked, But I liked everything else that happened in the arc. Definetly not the best but I don't at all think its terrible, the good out weighs the bad for me
    Last edited by thatguy3331; June 10, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

There were 3 key moments for me:

- Arlong Park arc(It was after this arc that One Piece really grew on me, Nami's story was really sad and I really liked seeing Luffy pound Arlong!)

- Enies Lobby(Awesome Arc, had everything: great fights, Robin's story, we found the limit of Luffy's strength then we see his fighting style progress, the fact that the Strawhats really became feared and known after this arc)

- Whitebeard War(Awesome fights! Great new characters, sad moments, funny moments, oh my god moments, great too!)

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

whitebeard war (epic fights, great new characters)
    thrillerbark (towards the end there are epic fights zoro vs ryuma, luffy vs moriah)
    enies lobby (great fights, new powerups for the crew)
    alabasta (great fights and the moment the series grew on me)
    Last edited by Dragon123133; June 18, 2012 at 01:54 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

An odd choice but my new favorite is thriller bark. I loved brook from the page he entered his an amazing charter and despite not doing that much In thriller bark, fighting wise I thinck his awesome. I also loved the story line and the zombies. Just the way the whoul shadow thing worked was also very awesome. It is deffntly my new favorite arc, but like I said when I started this. Whiteberd war looks like it will be my favorite forever.
    Last edited by naruto36; June 23, 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Speeling mistakes

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Minty's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Arlong Park was my favorite.
    <a href=http://www.millenniumforums.com/forum.php target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://www.millenniumforums.com/forum.php</a>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who think thriller bark is the best?

I liked thriller bark cos its not tooo long, the only thing i disliked abt water7.....

Introduction of Brooks as the crewmember laboons been waiting for, Zoro standing up for the captain and the song, all make it an amazing arc. WB war was also awesome, i would rank it 2nd...

for me
    1) thriller bark
    2) WB's war
    3) Enes Lobby
    4) Arlong park
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mungola's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Arc!

Seems like I'm the only one voting for Jaya.

So it's my fav mainly because the overall atmosphere is most pirate-like in the whole series. And the events at the sea before the island are something never before seen at that point of the series (a ship falling from the sky, giant tortoise eating it and then the shadows of the Shandians).

And the best single page in the whole series.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Arc!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungola View Post
    Seems like I'm the only one voting for Jaya.

So it's my fav mainly because the overall atmosphere is most pirate-like in the whole series. And the events at the sea before the island are something never before seen at that point of the series (a ship falling from the sky, giant tortoise eating it and then the shadows of the Shandians).

And the best single page in the whole series.
    It's deffntly a very good single page and I guess it could be the best but I thinck the reson your the only one that's voted for it yet is because, it's a short one, one of he shortest arcs not to mention its a build up to skypeia so most people thinck of it and skypeia and end up voting for skypeia plus compared to stuff like water 7 and whitebeard war it no wonder it doesn't gett much glorie. It's main Peres is to set up another arc.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast