Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Favorite One Piece Arc

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain Morgan

0 0%
  • Buggy the Clown

0 0%
  • Baratie

0 0%
  • Arlong Park

5 4.07%
  • Baroque Works (Whiskey Peak - Little Garden - Alabasta)

9 7.32%
  • Drum Island

0 0%
  • Jaya

1 0.81%
  • Skypaeia

11 8.94%
  • Davy Back Fight

2 1.63%
  • Water 7 - Enes Lobby

50 40.65%
  • Thriller Bark

4 3.25%
  • Sabaody

6 4.88%
  • The Whitebeard War (Amazon Lily - Impel Down - Marineford)

32 26.02%
  • Fishman Island

0 0%
  • Punk Hazard

3 2.44%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Arc!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Arc!

The Whitebeard war arc is by far my favorite. All the fighting and history being revealed. How Strong Whitebeard was shown to be and the introduction of Hancock (im one of the few people who want Oda to just make Luffy accept Hancocks love even without the Romance etc). And all of the action was just Epic. I think i skipped a lot of Arcs just to jump straight to this one.

My second favorite is the Sabaody Arc. I probably would like this as much as i did the War Arc if Hancock was in it. This Arc had some Epic moments. Luffy and the Supernovas, Rayleigh, Kizaru and Kuma was just EPIC.

I dont think the Punk Hazard Arc is any good tbh :/
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ourum's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally I hated the SKypeia arc, mostly because of the god awful scans that were online as opposed to the crisp clean ones but now I really like it . . . But Impel down is the best for me, so far.

Punk Hazard is kinda . . . meh. It has potential but isnt that good.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

no matter how great the upcoming arcs would be, I don't think it can surpass the classic that is ENIES LOBBY.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Enies Lobby was a great arc. It was one of top ones that I struggled to decide with. As everyone said before, the epic parts with Luffy telling Robin to say that she wants to live. Sogeking burning the flag and the Marine's reaction to it. The battles also played out wonderfully. Ex. Sanji being defeated by Khalifa then having Nami face her. But then Sanji returns to beat down the wolf guy! Totally awesome. Don't even get me started on Luffy vs. Lucci, I don't think I even have to say anything about that.

Another arc that I considered to be my favorite would be Thriller Bark. It was hilarious and so epic! Zoro vs. Ryuma was badass. But when the Straw-hat Pirates fought Oz all at the same time and used a bunch of combo attacks to try and take him down. That was awesome! The final combo attack to take down Oz was epic, but it was what Luffy said to his crew before he took on Moria was what stuck to me. "Hey everyone, there's no more time left. So I'm gonna get a bit wild, so take care of me afterwards." I LOVED it when he said that; it was a great demonstration of his leadership and the strawhats' loyalty to him.

But I voted for Marineford War, because it's just constantly epic.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

enies lobby, because luffy's persistence was amazing. He got trashed twice and still stood up, and his final assault on lucci was the most incredible final blow in OP

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it would be either the Enies Lobby or the Sabaody arcs, since they are the ones that gave me both this:
    - A huge respect for Luffy and the Strawhats
    - Drama that actually brought me to tears

Enies Lobby:
    Respect: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c398/13.html

Going against the whole world for the sake of a nakama.
    Probably the most defining moment of Luffy.

Tears: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c398/17.html

Even now, reading that single page out of context, my eyes are watering.

Sabaody
    Respect: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c502/18.html,
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...52/c503/3.html

Again, Luffy showing that he didn't care about the World rules, and that he was willing to beat everything for his friends.
    This truly was a great moment for Luffy.

Tears: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...3/c513/17.html

Another heart crushing moment, when Luffy lose everyone of his nakama one after the other without being able to save even one.
    At the time, he didn't know what happened, and thought that they were most likely dead...

Putting myself into his shoes, I can't help but to be brought to tears as well...
    This battle against Kuma, to me, is the greatest moment of the manga so far.

If I had to choose, I would still pick Sabaody, because it had one thing that Enies Lobby didn't have:
    The best alliance ever: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...2/c504/16.html

Plus, I really didn't like the Enies Lobby bad guys, especially Fukuro and Kumadori...
    Most of them looked like filler characters...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish an island SUCKS! I'm ready it and I feel like I have to read not that want to read I don't well the one peice of it. Haveing a shitty arc like that right after the best one ever was a bad idea I mean after the whitebeard war I expect more out of the siers. Plus I saw the name of a future chapter and it was saying that law becomes one of the 7 god of the sea with a Marin's. WHY I love law his my favorite charters despite him not being in it that much yet why does he join the marines . Just wanted to say fishman island sucks

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i like Aarlong, Alabasta and Enies Lobie arcs, they are the best arcs in this whole thing (imo) and i love them equaly.
    I sometimes wish, someone would do an anime "clips" so i can rewatch those whole arcs in one episode (5 hrs? no porb, they worth it)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Favorite Arc!

Doesn't seem fair to group The Whitebeard War (Amazon Lily - Impel Down - Marineford) together. I liked Amazon Lily but only like half of impel down/marineford. So I went with Water 7.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Cyriano's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say the whitebeard war one since everything that goes on atm is actually based on what happened in that war and it counts as the poit from which everything in the world changes and gets ready for the second part of one piece after the time skip.

Also it is the first time we get introduced to a fight between so big forces in the pirate world and seen that the WG is not something invulnerable since it just took one Yonko to fight them pretty evenly ...

Also a very big + for me was that it was the first time shanks was seen getting near Luffy even though their meeting is yet be seen

With their dreams as their guide... they are sailing for the stars!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite one piece arc

I'm just gonna say...that Jaya and Skypeia were part of the same arc. Jaya was the "half island", right? if so, it was definitely part of the skypeia arc.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Well, I voted for Skypeia. They did something no one has done aside for maybe 2 people. What they did was so massive...and no one will ever know! Plus, it gave us a lot of information.

I knew Water 7/Enes Lobby would be 1st. It truly was an epic battleground and it was the first place where we actually saw a real powerup for Luffy.

I'm surprised at the Whitebeard war being 2nd, though. I personally didn't like it much. Ok, let me rephrase. I LOVED Impel Down and Amazon Lily was pretty good too. But the actual war at Marineford was just so, so disappointing. With mostly everything that happened there feeling disappointing, I just couldn't rank it that high.

I don't know if FIshman Island was recently added to the poll (hence why no votes), but I can see that one being such a "meh" arc for most. Very drab. The fishmen were extremely weak after being pumped up so much...though of course, this shows how badass the Strawhats had become plus also shows what badass the New World pirates must be to pass through here without incident. But yeah, aside for finding out that the Mermaid Princess was one of the "legendary weapons", it was disappointing.

Punk Hazard is just starting out. We're maybe 1/2 way done with Punk Hazard, but its definitely moving on to another island and/or boss before we finish this arc up. Things won't end up settled here. I, personally, have loved this arc. I would have liked it to be even more dangerous and the "kids" aspect of it was very boring, but aside for that, this arc has started out with some pretty good things that I love. A lot of good humor. SOme brief but good fights. and a lot of story.
    Gold Cobra

The Gold Cobra will slither unto us and turn all of our brains into Limp Bizkits.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Skypiea.

Romance becomes Adventure in the middle of the journey. More over Teach, Doflamingo, Tsuru, Pwngoat, Sengoku and Enel enters in the plot. Details of the Ancient Weapons, a past civilization with its descendants, new superb ability and a tyrant making the worst to their people. Never losing the unknown taste... yeah, i liked a lot that arc.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Jimm120 fishman island wasn't recently added , every arc that's in the poll right now has been there when the poll was first added I just thinc, fishman island isn't good enoutg to gett a votte because personal I hate it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Water 7 is my fav, The action, the emotion, colorful artistry, the life feeling was all on point. truthfully I never read that arc, but I did watch it and it was A-A-A-AMAZING

p.s: I'm going read it now
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast