Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Favorite One Piece Arc

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain Morgan

0 0%
  • Buggy the Clown

0 0%
  • Baratie

0 0%
  • Arlong Park

5 4.07%
  • Baroque Works (Whiskey Peak - Little Garden - Alabasta)

9 7.32%
  • Drum Island

0 0%
  • Jaya

1 0.81%
  • Skypaeia

11 8.94%
  • Davy Back Fight

2 1.63%
  • Water 7 - Enes Lobby

50 40.65%
  • Thriller Bark

4 3.25%
  • Sabaody

6 4.88%
  • The Whitebeard War (Amazon Lily - Impel Down - Marineford)

32 26.02%
  • Fishman Island

0 0%
  • Punk Hazard

3 2.44%
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Arc!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Arc!

Quote Originally Posted by jues View Post
    I think it's pretty wierd that people vote so much Enies Lobby - I didn't consider it that special. The most interesting ones for me were absolutely the whitebeard war due to the awesome scenes at Marineford and perhaps Sabaody Archipelago because of lots of things: supernova introductions, Kizaru, and especially Rayleigh

Even though those arcs were so awesome I still had to vote punk hazard: usually the ongoing arc always has me hooked the most.
    I think Robin and the way the SHP went to get her are probably what makes EL popular. We learned more about Robin, the awesomeness of SHP, and how Luffy and the others were willing to take on the world government just for the sake of one person in their nakama. We also saw Robin be not as stoic, like her crying and saying she wants to go to the sea with SHP. The fights weren't bad either.

You also forgot Luffy punching the poop out of the Celestial Dragon. That alone made me squee so much.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

For me Enies Lobby is the best Arc undoubtedly...
    I started one piece by watching anime,... and got so hooked up... Watched it till thriller bark and then read it from the start..that time Enies lobby was going on.. updated my self and read it again from the start... then watched my favourites over and over again for the bad assery of this series...

Baratie – Red leg quoting luffy to be the person u should be afraid of ...
    Arlong park – Nami stabbing herself and asking luffy “Help me” .. Luffy punching Arlong.. Amazing
    Logue town – Introduction of Smoker
    Baroque works – Oda touched new levels with the length and vastness of the arc with maps and all ... a fight with Shichibukai ,,, First Logia enemy for SHP... and luffy owned croc .. loved it ...
    Drum Island – Loved the idea of having the best doc on board.. Loved Hiluluk’s character
    Jaya – Luffy owning Bellamy .. one of my favourite
    Skypaeia – Felt that the arc was dragged,,, until the bell rung.. awesome.. Even while reading it I can feel the sound of the bell at the back of my head..
    Davy Back – The worst Arc.. (Filler arc)
    Thriller Bark – It is the relation of Brook with Laboon that made it for me .. I love the scene when Franky asking brook so rudely.. why he lives a life like this.. and he gets owned by brook’s answer...and the scene of zoro giving up to Kuma... I just read it again and again..
    Sabaody – Supernovas... luffy punching a tenryuubito .. and finally everyone getting on their own/... loved it .. Oda has done something extraordinary... The day when SHP got totally owned.. Main Protagonist was being played with.. like a toy..Not a dream adventure anymore ...
    Marineford – The best war arc ever being written till date... Amazing... Even in the ansence of SHP the arc got so much popularity... it owned
    Fishman Island – Sucked big time .,.. After setting up such high standards I don’t know what went in the head .. The main reason it sucked is .. it was hyped up from the arlong park arc itself...
    Punk Hazard- ongoing and who knows.. can turn into a best arc 

For Enies Lobby – Thats where it all started.. I guess Oda has done totally out of the line on which One piece was going .. The scale went up here .. at this vary arc ...
    Thats the first arc where a character died in present... (Going Merry :’( )
    loved the scene when Franky stood in front of sea train when they were taking Tom San..
    And the scene when all SHP gets to the roof top and walk towards the edge to join luffy facing Robin... (thats one to watch)
    And obviously .. the desperate fight of luffy against Lucci... Amazing ... Usopp shouting to luffy.. an their escape from Enies lobby with their dying Nakama... that one thing touched me so much.. even while typing it down I can feel the chill running down my spine..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Water 7/Enies Lobby by far. This arc definitely added a lot of depth to the characters and finally proved that the SH were not a force to be messed with. It was really intricate and I loved the fights.

Punk Hazard is a distant second place for me. I love it because it sets up confrontations with Kaidou and Doflamingo who are arguably some of the strongest characters in the OP world.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner D1mitri's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite ARC so far is Alabastar. The battle with Baroque Works and Crocodile was my favorite.

Fly Freely

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who voted for Jaya or Davy Back Fight, what do you like so much about those arcs?

Also, I'm surprised that absolutely no one at all has voted for Fishman Island (it's not my favourite or even that close, but still).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 31TeV View Post
    For those of you who voted for Jaya or Davy Back Fight, what do you like so much about those arcs?

Also, I'm surprised that absolutely no one at all has voted for Fishman Island (it's not my favourite or even that close, but still).
    For Davy back I must say those people might be trolling… but still I can only see one reason why anyone can love Davy back arc…
    Spoiler show

For Jaya Arc...I have seen this post and I totally agree that there were scenes people can fall in love with
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungola View Post
    Seems like I'm the only one voting for Jaya.

So it's my fav mainly because the overall atmosphere is most pirate-like in the whole series. And the events at the sea before the island are something never before seen at that point of the series (a ship falling from the sky, giant tortoise eating it and then the shadows of the Shandians).

And the best single page in the whole series.
    And my personal favorite scene :

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; February 05, 2013 at 02:28 AM.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 31TeV View Post

I liked Davy Back Fight because of the humor, especially Afro Luffy. Plus, Zoro was awesome with the way he told Chopper to stfu and man up.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who wonder why El/W7 got more votes than MF, well I think it's because EL/W7 was more enjoyable.

Sure on epic scale MF won by miles, we had almost all the big names, the first and second real death in the story, and of course, Epicbeard unlimited awesomeness. But that's just it.

Meanwjile, everything in EL/W7 was pure gasm. Starting from Luffy vs Usopp, the battle on rocketman, Robin's flashback, cool power ups by all the Strawhats, Sogeking, dat phenomenal "I wadda live scene", and the unbelievably heartbreaking ending (Merry's funeral). It was pure joy to read all these awesome stuff keeps happening.

Heck, even the post-arc was just as memorable (Garp-Dragon revelation, new ship, new bounties, Franky-Usopp-Robin joining back, Shanks and WB meeting, and Ace vs BB). I doubt that there'd be any arc that would top this one, not even the 'Big War' arc that Oda has promised us with.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I liked the War, I don't think the quality could compare to Water 7/Enies Lobby arc, other than Ace's death and Bon Bon's awesomeness. Of course, I could be biased as Enies Lobby had one of my favorite scenes of all time - SHP popping up and Robin saying she wants to go with them. Only thing that tops that is Luffy punching that Tenryuubito asshole in Shabaondy arc.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    As much as I liked the War, I don't think the quality could compare to Water 7/Enies Lobby arc, other than Ace's death and Bon Bon's awesomeness. Of course, I could be biased as Enies Lobby had one of my favorite scenes of all time - SHP popping up and Robin saying she wants to go with them. Only thing that tops that is Luffy punching that Tenryuubito asshole in Shabaondy arc.
    I don´t think you are biased. The whole war was a huge fanservice really but we did not really get a substantial fight like Lucci vs Luffy for example, nor did it seem like a real battle with tens of thousands on each side.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The battle wasn't supposed to be like a regular battle though, it's a war. Having tens of thousands of people on each side fighting makes sense in a war, there was no individual battle for Luffy to win - his goal was to free Ace. His allies were Whitebeard crew while his enemies were the Marine, specifically the admirals/vice-admirals. One on one battle or individual battles wouldn't have made sense as Luffy's side were too pressed for time to free Ace in the war.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The battle wasn't supposed to be like a regular battle though, it's a war. Having tens of thousands of people on each side fighting makes sense in a war, there was no individual battle for Luffy to win - his goal was to free Ace. His allies were Whitebeard crew while his enemies were the Marine, specifically the admirals/vice-admirals. One on one battle or individual battles wouldn't have made sense as Luffy's side were too pressed for time to free Ace in the war.
    You seem to misunderstand me. The battle did not seem like one with so many people on each side, it was more like an opportunity to show the flashiest characters clashing for a short time. The focus was way too much on the strongest characters in my opinion, i wished Oda had showed more of the more "common" battle. The panels looked good (for example Akainu´s huge magma fist) but they did not really give me something. I did not expect a 1vs1 in a huge battle, i expected something that looks like a battle but that´s just my personal opinion. I think that W7/EL, Alabasta and also Skypeia are superior to Marineford.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, I agree with you. It did feel like ODa wanted to show or introduce characters as the battle progressed. The abuse of double-page spreads also irked me to no ends at times as well.

I think Enies Lobby might have my favorite Zoro and probably Sanji fights as well. Too bad we can't see them work together or fight together like they did in Davy Back fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post
    For those who wonder why El/W7 got more votes than MF, well I think it's because EL/W7 was more enjoyable.

Sure on epic scale MF won by miles, we had almost all the big names, the first and second real death in the story, and of course, Epicbeard unlimited awesomeness. But that's just it.

Meanwjile, everything in EL/W7 was pure gasm. Starting from Luffy vs Usopp, the battle on rocketman, Robin's flashback, cool power ups by all the Strawhats, Sogeking, dat phenomenal "I wadda live scene", and the unbelievably heartbreaking ending (Merry's funeral). It was pure joy to read all these awesome stuff keeps happening.

Heck, even the post-arc was just as memorable (Garp-Dragon revelation, new ship, new bounties, Franky-Usopp-Robin joining back, Shanks and WB meeting, and Ace vs BB). I doubt that there'd be any arc that would top this one, not even the 'Big War' arc that Oda has promised us with.
    I really doubt that you are correct with this even with EL/W7 was epic there must certainly be a new arc that will be more epic than it this because I believe Oda had a lot more to give us.

@all
    Best arc could be EL/W7 because all of the Straw Hats are there and they all grow/hurt etc while Marineford only Luffy and the other characters are highlighted you say it is a highlight arc for luffy and given that Marineford arc if you include that Sabo Arc also that will certainly highlight Ace and Luffy bond for me I will rate Marineford higher with the revelation and twist it the arc have

But all in all nothing could go wrong if you like EL/W7 or Marineford both are epic on its on way and expecting a lot more arc to destroy this two and make you think they are just a great arc if you compare it to the ones that Oda will do in the future ^^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree that Enies Lobby was the most epic arc, and had the best fights by far. But I voted for Skypeia! Why? Because Skypeia was the best adventure.

Enies Lobby was the best arc in terms of fights, but it's sort of like having the characters go supersaiyan, where it's almost a cheap way to become epic, and it inherently can't be repeated. Skypeia, on the other hand, was a random adventure that had relatively little impact on the story, and it worked so perfectly. Most of the cool-looking settings wear off after a few pages, but I never got tired of the sky islands and clouds. Most of the random people the Strawhats help are just boring, but the backstory of Skypeia was incredible. And the ending, with Luffy ringing the bell and his giant silhouette on the ocean, was possibly the best panel in the series.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast