Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen first?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Another Lukedonia clan leader will arrive in Korea.

2 33.33%
  • Another Union Elder will arrive in Korea.

2 33.33%
  • Shin Woo learns the truth about Raizel.

0 0%
  • A fullblood werewolf is character is introduced.

2 33.33%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 237 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 237 Review

Ahh, made it. I haven't been around the forum lately; mainly for reasons which involve me playing Diablo 3. Nothing else to say really.

So onto the review!

Chapter Summary

*whispers* "Come on guys start humming that theme song I wrote!"

This week begins with Frankenstein training to better control his dark spear in a secret room, presumably located somewhere below his house, which he created to avoid his master's notice. As he does so, a mysterious voice from the darkness curses him. He seems to have great difficulty and lets out a burst of dark power and leaves him holding small ball of darkness. After he's done he looks pretty exhausted and he thinks of how he regrets having to do...whatever it is he's doing.

Meanwhile upstairs Tao, Takeo, M-21, Seira, and Regis are all discussing what it is they should do now. Takeo takes the lead eventually and essentially says that if the opponents that will come are too strong then he will die, but that's something he's fine with; and that he will stay. The others all seem to agree.

As Frankenstien returns, Raizel looks his way which seems to unsettle Frankenstein. The idea that that Raizel knew out what he had been doing in that room causes him to seem genuinely afraid. Then he notices that Raizel wasn't looking at him at all but rather at the RK-4 and Seira; who are standing behind him.

They tell Raizel that they have decided to stay and that this is a decision that they made knowing all the risks. M-21 then goes on to tell him that they were told about his condition and wants to know why he keeps using his power knowing that brings him closer to death. Raizel answers him that, essentially, if giving up his life is the price of keeping their lives safe he considers it more than worth it.

Then Tao takes over and gives an old fashioned and slightly goofy oath of fidelity on behalf of the RK-5. Which causes the others to give him some puzzled looks as they work out that he made Seira No. 5 all on his own. The others are shocked that Tao would just draft Seira in like that but her only question about the whole thing is "Do I have to wear the mask?". Then Tao drops another bomb when he tells them all that No. 0 will be Frankenstein. They stand there in shock of a moment before asking Tao if he had lost his mind. Seira though, just wants to know if she can pick her mask's color.

Chapter Review

Slight art mistake or tiny Regis sitting on Franky's shoulder? You decide.

Substance

There were only really a couple of points worth noting this week.

Everybody is staying, which was expected but still welcome. Raizel now has his own official knights, thanks to Tao's hilarious insanity. This cements all of the RK-5's roles going forward and puts a renewed focus on the need for Tao, M-21, and Takeo to grow stronger.

Frankenstein also seems to be up to something. Probably trying to regain complete control of the Dark Spear but it's impossible to be sure with the limited information we have. Probably the most telling thing about what he's doing is that he's hiding it from Raizel. Which means what he's doing is either dangerous, something he's ashamed of or both.

Presentation

I'd rate the art below the Noblesse average. Fairly low detailed and nothing in the way of fancy touches or memorable panels. Only one true art mistake though, the one above, and it's fairly minor.

In terms of pacing, it was a bit slow which is fine This is the time to let things settle properly to allow for a good transition into what comes next. An unfortunate issue though is that the chapter was rather short and when you combine a short chapter with slow pacing the end result tends to wind up feeling a little thin. Which I felt happened a little bit here.

Final Rating

A slightly below average chapter, and probably the last of the chapters focused on smoothly closing out big "Cerberus arc". It was also fairly short and slowly paced resulting less content than fans might be used to.

I give it a 2 out of 5

My Predictions

• We'll see Raizel's schoolmates next week.

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 16-16)

The RK-4 will not leave Raizel, they are his knights after all.
    Correct. Crawled my way back to 50%, WOOHOO! Three cheers for mediocrity!

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    What do you think the odds are Tao is having RK-5 uniforms made?
    Last edited by Jammin; May 22, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 237 Review

Quote Quote:
    What do you think the odds are Tao is having RK-5 uniforms made?
    We'll see it in the next battle - probability of Tao having made it by then 99.9 %. Good call on the art mistake - had not noticed it until you mentioned. I chose the first option in the poll. I would like to see a werewolf being introduced soon but chances are another clan leader will show up along with at least one union leader as well from the bad guys team. Another nice review again Jammin though I contest on the 2 rating.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope in next chapter we get more detail on union. i really wanted to know about traitors leader because gejutel ( noble grandfather ) was taking about then he wasn't angry. i think next elder who will come to Korea will be noble or werewolf. so if werewolf elder come then it will be Another Union Elder will arrive in Korea +A fullblood werewolf is character is introduced

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Everybody is staying, which was expected but still welcome. Raizel now has his own official knights, thanks to Tao's hilarious insanity. This cements all of the RK-5's roles going forward and puts a renewed focus on the need for Tao, M-21, and Takeo to grow stronger.
    We just need two additional newcomers, if possible. Though I don't truly complain RK-5 with its current composition anyway.

Frankenstein also seems to be up to something. Probably trying to regain complete control of the Dark Spear but it's impossible to be sure with the limited information we have. Probably the most telling thing about what he's doing is that he's hiding it from Raizel. Which means what he's doing is either dangerous, something he's ashamed of or both.
    The room he created for it is so nice. From what I see he seems to try to control the power, though impossible due to the curse.. I bet it's dangerous, thus the seal from Rai.

I'd rate the art below the Noblesse average. Fairly low detailed and nothing in the way of fancy touches or memorable panels. Only one true art mistake though, the one above, and it's fairly minor.
    Unfortunately, I agree. Noblesse art is far from the prime time anymore, which is the first few hundred chapters. The art feels rushed, not so detailed, including the funny point you found there. I felt it lacks the art it used to have... For example eyes are only drawn with solid colors, no real specific depth like it has before. Too bad, really.

What do you think the odds are Tao is having RK-5 uniforms made?[/I]
    High, though I think not so fast. Perhaps by the time KSA agents joined them?

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    i hope in next chapter we get more detail on union. i really wanted to know about traitors leader because gejutel ( noble grandfather ) was taking about then he wasn't angry. i think next elder who will come to Korea will be noble or werewolf. so if werewolf elder come then it will be Another Union Elder will arrive in Korea +A fullblood werewolf is character is introduced
    Definitely, we need more explanation about the betrayal stories. It wasn't covered properly previously, and I believe it would be touched soon or later since I feel like the arc and this whole series is drawing to a grand end. >_<
    Last edited by phio_chan; May 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    We'll see it in the next battle - probability of Tao having made it by then 99.9 %. Good call on the art mistake - had not noticed it until you mentioned. I chose the first option in the poll. I would like to see a werewolf being introduced soon but chances are another clan leader will show up along with at least one union leader as well from the bad guys team. Another nice review again Jammin though I contest on the 2 rating.
    Care to elaborate? I'm open to changing my rating if you can come up was good reason why it should be rating higher(or lower).

For reference my 1-5 scale breaks down like this....

5 = Perfect
    4 = Above Average
    3 = Average
    2 = Below Average
    1 = Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    A Union Elder Werewolf, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    We just need two additional newcomers, if possible. Though I don't truly complain RK-5 with its current composition anyway.
    Agreed

Unfortunately, I agree. Noblesse art is far from the prime time anymore, which is the first few hundred chapters. The art feels rushed, not so detailed, including the funny point you found there. I felt it lacks the art it used to have... For example eyes are only drawn with solid colors, no real specific depth like it has before. Too bad, really.
    I think the artist is probably a tired. He did some fine stuff during that battle arc. With a chapter coming out every week he/she must be pretty exhausted.

High, though I think not so fast. Perhaps by the time KSA agents joined them?
    Possibly but would it really surprise anybody if he had a cosplay costume maker on speed dial?
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply