Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

61 66.30%
  • Good

22 23.91%
  • Average

7 7.61%
  • Bad

2 2.17%
New Reply
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 494 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 494 Discussion/ 495 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    The only way Ichigo is going to beat a Star Captain is a future power-up. He is in Bankai right now and is barely able to keep up with the lower-tier captain, the star captain is certainly levels higher than the one ichigo is fighting now. The other 4 is still probable, their strength might not even be up there with the Star Captains
    but maybe what all 5 of them has is a the potential to stop them, but for now except for squad zero and isshin/ryuken I really doubt whether any of our
    captains can win.
    Ichigo doesn't really look like he's putting much effort in his fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i also have a feeling Ichigo's about to show us something new, even if its not necessarily a power up, now i really hope he cant bankai, he might be holding on to some techniques we havent seen yet

but even if his bankai gets taken away i wonder if he still can't jus access his hollow powers we've only seen him do it with bankai but technically should he be able to put the mask on without it (if he still needs it at all)
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; May 30, 2012 at 09:41 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this chapter was epic imo.

Its interesting to note that the 2nd to last page where the last Star Knight says that the Quincy will purify the Shinigami, there is a split panel showing a mixture of characters. I wonder if that has something to do with who lives and dies soon.

Anyways here is how I figure things will go like in SS.

Yama-ji will die in a epic way fighting Buckbeard and injuring him severely. Probably using a forbidden Kido #100 after his Bankai fails which will blow up part of SS and help in its destruction. The Star Knights will struggle to save their leader as the Shinigami take the chance to escape.

From then on its Royal Squad and some new training/techniques to fight the Quincy. For the Lieutenants their enemies will be someone of Quilge's power, the Captains of the hunting party in Quicy army as there should be more than just Quilge.

The Captains will rematch then Star Knights of course, whatever is left of them at least.

My Captain Death list Captains I believe has a high chance of dying in this war.

1. Yama-ji: His death would be epic and pave the way for a new Captain Commander.
    2. Komamura: Very loyal to Yama-ji, would follow him to death even.
    3. Love: Not too popular and will likely die
    4. Rose: Same as Love
    5. Ukitake: Already sick and would help push Kyoraku over the edge into Bankai

Captains not likely to die list
    1. Hitsugaya: Umm fanpolls and yaoi fangirl response/backlash/nuclear warfare?
    2. Byakuya: ^
    3. Shinji: Too cool to die
    4. Kenpachi: One of the ones I'm not sure will survive because dying while battling would be an amazing way for Kenpachi to go out.
    5. Kyoraku: Likely to be the next Captain Commander
    6. Mayuri: Not too sure as he could easily die due to the Quincy hunting him down.
    7. Sui-Feng: Unsure as she might lose an arm permanently this time around and retire or die.
    8. Kensei: Don't see him dying to anything really.

Lieutenants death list:
    1. Kira: If he is dead then I would feel sad but at least he died attempting to fight.
    2. Hinamore:....... As cruel as it sounds, I would be happy if she died. Hopefully taking out someone on her way to die.
    3. Nemu: Creation of Mayuri and considered expendable by him, also the Quincy might simply want to kill all of Mayuri's creations.
    4. Sasakibe: Already confirmed dead.
    5. Omeda: Would be happy if he bit the dust and a more competent Lieutenant is put in his place but he might survive.
    6. Iba: Wears sunglasses and is Komamura's partner, a recipe for death.

Lieutenants unlikely to die
    1. Renji: Too important to the plot.
    2. Rukia: ^ and the backlash of her death.
    3. Nanao: Unlikely to die.
    4. Hisagi: He needs to show his Bankai and pawn some Quincy.
    5. Matsumoto: Fanservice girl and a competent if lazy Lieutenant, want to see her Bankai as well.
    6. Yachru: Kenpachi would kill anyone trying to hurt Yachiru.

This is just the 13 squads I'm mentioning, if I went into Vizards, Hollow/Arrancar, Human, and Ichigo's group then this post would become way too huge.

One note though, I believe that Orihime or Rukia will be severely injured enough to make Ichigo go ballistic. I'm leaning more to Orihime getting injured. It would be insane if one of Ichigo's friend bit the dust though like Tatsuki.
    Last edited by crimsonlink310; May 30, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post

Its interesting to note that the 2nd to last page where the last Star Knight says that the Quincy will purify the Shinigami, there is a split panel showing a mixture of characters. I wonder if that has something to do with who lives and dies soon.

Yama-ji will die in a epic way fighting Buckbeard and injuring him severely. Probably using a forbidden Kido #100 after his Bankai fails which will blow up part of SS and help in its destruction. The Star Knights will struggle to save their leader as the Shinigami take the chance to escape.

From then on its Royal Squad and some new training/techniques to fight the Quincy. For the Lieutenants their enemies will be someone of Quilge's power, the Captains of the hunting party in Quicy army as there should be more than just Quilge.

The Captains will rematch then Star Knights of course, whatever is left of them at least.

My Captain Death list Captains I believe has a high chance of dying in this war.

1. Yama-ji: His death would be epic and pave the way for a new Captain Commander.

4. Kenpachi: One of the ones I'm not sure will survive because dying while battling would be an amazing way for Kenpachi to go out.
    6. Mayuri: Not too sure as he could easily die due to the Quincy hunting him down.
    7. Sui-Feng: Unsure as might lose an arm permanently this time around and retire or die.

Lieutenants death list:
    1. Kira: If he is dead then I would feel sad but at least he died attempting to fight.
    2. Hinamore:....... As cruel as it sounds, I would be happy if she died. Hopefully taking out someone on her way to die.
    3. Nemu: Creation of Mayuri and considered expendable by him, also the Quincy might simply want to kill all of Mayuri's creations.
    5. Omeda: Would be happy if he bit the dust and a more competent Lieutenant is put in his place but he might survive.

5. Matsumoto: Fanserive girl and a competent if lazy Lieutenant, want to see her Bankai as well.

This is just the 13 squads I'm mentioning, if I went into Vizards, Hollow/Arrancar, Human, and Ichigo's group category then this post would become way too huge.

One note though, I believe that Orihime or Rukia will be severely injured enough to make Ichigo go ballistic. I'm leaning more to Orihime getting injured. It would be insane if one of Ichigo's friend bit the dust though like Tatsuki.
    wow cool stuff dude.

Most of your list is how I see this war turning out myself.

Even the Captains death list is the same as mine (minus Mayuri and the inclusion of Love).
    Last edited by BaddAzzKenpachi74; May 30, 2012 at 09:52 PM.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

7. Sui-Feng: Unsure as she might lose an arm permanently this time around and retire or die.

Lieutenants death list:

5. Matsumoto: Fanservice girl and a competent if lazy Lieutenant, want to see her Bankai as well.

This is just the 13 squads I'm mentioning, if I went into Vizards, Hollow/Arrancar, Human, and Ichigo's group then this post would become way too huge.

Its already been confirmed by Kubo that Ukitake will heal from his sickness. I actually think love and Rose are cool, we just haven't seen as much of them as we have the other captains, but lets be honest, with their powers as visords I think its rather unlikely that they would die. Your reasons for Iba dieing are a joke, and you didn't state why you want hinamore to die or why you think she might, Omeda can die and I doubt anyone would care.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    Its already been confirmed by Kubo that Ukitake will heal from his sickness. I actually think love and Rose are cool, we just haven't seen as much of them as we have the other captains, but lets be honest, with their powers as visords I think its rather unlikely that they would die. Your reasons for Iba dieing are a joke, and you didn't state why you want hinamore to die or why you think she might, Omeda can die and I doubt anyone would care.
    Death is a perfect way to heal your sickness considering you can't get sick anymore.....

This list is just speculation of course and there is no sure answer as to who will live or die. It could only be 1 person out of my list or even longer than the death list I put up.

Iba's death reason is a bit of inside joke between my friends and me. As for Hinamori, she won the most annoying/useless Bleach character award for a reason. But I added Hinamori because she almost died in Deicide and 2nd times a charm.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting stuff ...im noticing u missed Unohana....i'd say she's be more likely to become the next CC also i dont see her dying cuz well would she die in the FIRST battle we see her in?

"Hitsugaya: Umm fanpolls and yaoi fangirl response/backlash/nuclear warfare?" <-- too true!! lolol!
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; May 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG.........This chapter was fan-fuqin-tastic....It was short but awesome as well...Best chapter of the arc so far and thats saying alot because this entire arc is being wonderfully constructed thus far....I hope Kira makes it...I really like him as a character...Hope he pulls through
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe you are mistaken by Omeda granted he acts like an oaf but it's pretty much a ruse to lull his enemies in lowering their guard in which he uses said opportunity to strike. So I doubt he'll really go down that easily. I can't really give my own opinion on who would die but judging from the current situation it looks like a total genocide with the shoe on the other foot. This time the Quincy have the power to overwhelm the shinigami and it's most like due to their ability to manipulate reiatsu which pretty much means they can do whatever they want. It's quite possible that the true reason for the Quincy genocide was fear of the potential of how strong they could become which is why the higher ups feared the Vizards and also wanted the Fullbrings eliminated. They both possessed abilities which had the potential to overwhelm a regular shinigami's potential so they wanted to get rid of them before they reached said potential.

The vibe and name of this chapter though feels very ominous as if the manga will end within a few weeks, though it's most likely leading to the fact that Soul Society's Gotei 13 will be eliminated after all is said and done. I feel like the survival rate will be even lower and it may even come down to Aizen saving the day. He may be an evil bastard but the situation they are in now is pretty bad, maybe Yamamoto is actually going to bargain with Aizen and ask for his help, since he pretty much single handily pwned the entire Gotei 13 through his shikai alone.

Kira's death is definitely off guard it's surprising he took sucha huge wound and he didn't even see it coming for the most part, he didn't even have a sense of imminent death he just got blasted away by a strike more powerful then Ayon, that blase compared to what Ayon did to Rangiku is nothing. Yet when Ayon appeared the shinigami in the area sensed how viscous and deadly the creature was, even in HM when orhime and chad see the creature for the first time they to are stricken with fear over how viscous and deadly the creature's vibe gives off. Yet the Quincy that inflicted damage to nearly 1/4 of Kira's body didn't give off the slightest vibe of something to fear which makes them even more viscous. With power like that you think Kira would have been terrified over the power he was feeling from his foe and fell back to regroup the troops since he is smart like that as shown in his battle with the flying creature. Yet he just goes in guns a blazing as if he truly didn't know the danger he was putting himself in.

Hopefully the next chpt continues with SS to see how much more dmg takes place their since it is the first part, it would be odd if it focused on ichigo next chpt unless the name of the chpt actually refers to everyone.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake looks like one of the few captains who is unlikely to be affected by quincy absorption since his shikai just redirects attacks. I am a bit surprised Kubo only has 7 stern ritters and the king as villains though. 13 captains + squad 0 = a lot of good guys. Maybe more villains will arise? I wonder what'll happen with aizen. He's still alive. Would the quincy rescue him? Maybe accidentally release him with the intent to kill him and then he goes to town on them? Would love to see an Aizen vs Quincy fight.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just joined the forum to throw out something I don't see a lot of people talking about. Notice the language of the nazis. Like purging holy avenger, etc. I am convinced these are either squad 0 or at least were sent by the soul king to purge the shinigami for a reason to later be told. It has already been alluded that the king may be even be evil in the exchange between Aizen and Urahara. We will see Urahara's bankai for sure. Aizen may be released from prison to help(doubtful) or inadventantly released by the nazis. This is going to be intense.
    Some things to think about:
    1. Remember how much Renji has advanced as shown in the last arc. he insinuated he would be strong enough to face aizen(though he is cocky). Everyone might have an ace up there sleeve.
    2. Ishida is out of the picture right now. He is not sitting idly by. The remark from the nazi(sorry i keep saying nazi its just funny and easier than learning the real name) about how it would be impossible for Ishidas arrows to be weaker. Meaning he may be one of the more powerful quincy, but he has not released it properly. And he is going to be capable of all these crazy tricks they are doing. We might see him evolve. (I would love to see an Ishida spin off after he gets crazy powers)
    3. Ishida's father probably knows a lot about these people, and maybe even Ichigo's dad and Urahara since they have a little secretive thing going between them. He may be training Ishida in some of the more advanced techniques. The father may even fight on the other side, but Ishida will not and that would be a good dramatic moment.
    4. We don't know the extent of Ichigo's powers right now. I am not even sure if he can go hollow. But maybe so, and maybe a new form which could be cool
    5. Where the fuck is the Hogyoku? It's going to be a factor in this fight.
    Also, I literaly gasped out loud when I saw that hole through Kira. Was not expecting that. He is suck an awesome character, I love when he killed that winged asshole. Almost artful. "Promise me you will never forgive me"
    Last edited by unbornmind; May 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    where are you getting your info from? putting it in italic doesnt mean its more legit...jus sayin whats your source for that? and also the rangiku injury actually looked the same
    it was from the Kubo interview, somebody posted a link of it earlier in this thread

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unbornmind View Post
    I just joined the forum to throw out something I don't see a lot of people talking about. Notice the language of the nazis. Like purging holy avenger, etc.
    That's not really the language of the nazis. The nazis are not the only germans known for militarism. Their general style looks a lot closer to a combination between Holy Roman Empire and Prussia.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hhv94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...normally I don't make comments since most of the time this manga has gone at a slow pace. But I must say Kubo's putting a good pace so far with this new story arc. I like the way his setting up the invasion of Soul Society! Looking forward to reading the next chapter.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hhv94 View Post
    Wow...normally I don't make comments since most of the time this manga has gone at a slow pace. But I must say Kubo's putting a good pace so far with this new story arc. I like the way his setting up the invasion of Soul Society! Looking forward to reading the next chapter.
    I'm guessing the editors are riding his ass. Which is good, Bleach can be excruciatingly slow at times.

New Reply
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast