Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

61 66.30%
  • Good

22 23.91%
  • Average

7 7.61%
  • Bad

2 2.17%
New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 494 Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 494 Discussion/ 495 Predictions

i like the 2nd page saying " As Usual!!" yep as usual nothing new

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty badass chapter.

Before we start, I have to say I really loved the color spread.

The title, The Closing Chapter pt. 1 really makes me think that there is going to be no more Soul Society after the Sternritter are done. I'm also sure that there are going to be a couple of Bankais and deaths, so we'd better prepare ourselves for the worst. That is, unless Kubo is going to pull a Deicide and continue to call the rest of the chapters in this arc The Closing Chapter pt.#. I really hope he doesn't.

We see everyone rushing to the Rishi Pillars as they suspect they hold the enemy. That is interesting as Buckbeard was able to arrive without them. Then again, he may have been scouting the battlefield before calling in his own people. Along with the Vice-Captain, Yamamoto also prepares to enter the fray, which is interesting because in the last war arc, he kept his lazy butt on the side lines until the last minute. I guess that is a big no-no this time since the fight is on home turf. We then see Kira and his team of dead-meat all preparing to engage the enemy. While Kira is being serious, the other three seem to treating this non-nonchalantly. A figure appears in the Reishi and low and behold it is indeed a quincy...who then proceed to relieve Kira of a good portion of the right side of his body. The three seated officer release their zanpakuto but it is no use as the quincy easily kills them spectacularly. Those two pages almost shot for shot resemble Ichigo when he took down those Vice-Captains all those years ago.

We then see the Sternritter's faces. Now I have to say, I'm really not feeling all of the designs as they are kinda boring. But I will say, that they make sense. Unlike the Espada, who were monsters in human form, the Sternritter are quincy who are (supposedly) human. They can't be too crazy, but it still leaves me wanting a bit more from their designs.

1. This guy has Kensei face shape, but also has earrings and a purple mohawk.
    2. He is a large fella, with a beard. He kind of reminds me of the former Kenpachi.
    3. I'm assuming she is an old woman, but that is all I got since she is wearing a hood.
    4. We have an old man who is wearing glasses. He looks like an old business man.
    5. We have a young girl with another heart motif, which kinda pisses me off cause in the last arc we had Riruka, who also had a heart motif. Doesn't help that she resemble her a bit as well.
    6. We got an S&M pain looking person, who, imo, has the most interesting design.
    7. Just the blonde guy we've seen before. I like his design as well.

We then see the shinigami who are going to engage the enemy. Of those shinigami, it is possible that one or more of them is going to die. The last page is Akon saying something about something and Ichigo being Ichigo.

All in all, a good chapter. It sets up how potentially f**ked the Soul Society is. I hope Kubo doesn't pull any punches and let the good guys off lightly. I also really hope we don't go back to Ichigo next week.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eprst's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the last page - when they say no way we can win they show Ichigo - thats the hint i think
    I wonder if we see Ichigo coming to destroyed Soul Society

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

The author really hit the insanity button this time.

People are dying like animals.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bamf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Of the Shinigami we know, who is fodder-able like Kira? Wouldn't bother me over-much if Komamura, Soi Fon, or Love were to get sucked into a Final Angel form lol.

...come to think of it, I suppose that is how Bankai gets stolen. Have a shinigami go Bankai, then do the same thing Quilge did to Ayon.

It also occurred to me with the "balance" issues from this chapter that the Soul King is someone/thing with unfathomable reiatsu. There are 7 billion people in the world, I find it hard to believe they don't over-balance all of the Shinigami (I also suspect that plants and animals have a bit of reiatsu, too: if everything in SS & HM is made of reiatsu, and there are forests and animals there...). The Soul King's reiastu balances the plate. Or something.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like ichigo lost his bankai...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member clydu94's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HaouLelouch View Post
    looks like ichigo lost his bankai...
    What the hell ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Kira will die...at least not now because we're supposed to see his bankai and his bankai is "a little nauseating" as Kubo sensei puts it in the interview with Kubo Tite

Edit: or maybe Kira is really dead and his bankai will be absorbed and used freakishly like when it happened with Ayon.

I can't decide, but I am leaning towards to 2nd guess

Next chapter prediction: Shunsui's bankai
    Last edited by Silhouette; May 30, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it true that mangastreams missing pages?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

epic! it's a pity for ichigo not having a role,but seeing the sternrittens was awesome! lol at the shinigami dying,they are trash! finally the captain will fight,not to mention the strongest!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

A pity that Kira was killed, but finally someone was! Please Kubo, don't troll us now.
    Epic.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy smokes...Kubo is killing too many people . No complaints though, we all felt Bleach was lacking on good people dying but Kira...seriously . At the moment, I am just finding hard to believe how strong these Quincies are. Are they really Quincies at all? May be they found a source of powers. Their base power should not be so immense. I am loving this part of Bleach.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

men,I really liked this chapter! the sternrittens are too cool! there's the punk dude,the young girl,the old bastard ecc. their entry is surely amazing,taking out so many people at once. but I hope yamamoto's rage will take one of them out in a strike,it'd be epic!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, Kubo.
    Nevermind the artwork this chapter, let's talk about how you're now introducing characters just to kill them off a page later.

I love it! Poor Kira, though. They say his spiritual pressure's gone, but I can see him surviving, though (if he gets QUICK medical attention), because Matsumoto suffered a similar injury at the hands of Allon. But those three other shinigami are probably dead. The two that got their heads crushed definitely are.

Oh, and I wonder if 1st division is just full of old guys. Yamamoto, Sasakibe, and now the third seat. The Geriatric Division.

Great chapter. The Quincy mean business.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    I think I never been that excited for a Bleach arc!

This war already feel like a real war!
    Nothing like the so-called winter "war".

At this rate, I hope we never go back to Ichigo.
    He's by far one of the least interesting character of this manga.
    I hope we stay at SS for a few months and see the war from the captains and vice-captains point of view.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast