Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 189 Discussion Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pandamic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 189 Discussion Thread

I counted 45 ren

Please Komatsu, Show us your skills next chapter!!!!!
    Last edited by Pandamic; May 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic62955_1.gif

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope.. i counted again.. it is 36 ren.. the highest which toriko tried during the waterfall of death...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vonviking's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Count aside, that was a badass attack and he didn't even have to "power up" beforehand. The part that I liked the most was actually his casual hand chop which sliced the monster's arm into about 15 pieces (didn't count). My main concern is if Toriko will be able to handle Chiyo...he is pretty awesome right now but is he national treasure level awesome? Thoughts?
    "But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams beneath your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams..." -William Butler Yeats

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

do you all forgott Toriko uses KNIFE / FORK.... im pretty confident he will learn Spoon in this fight! Master (almost) die? he uses the technik of the master to finish off the opponent the master could not defeat something like that

im pretty sure we all agree Spoon will be one of Torrikos movesets^^

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

it was a really great chapter. but.. that evil b**.. i think the leader of the bishokukai did something to her to corrupt her... whatever... if she's so strong... how strong are the others??.... Ichiryū.. soo strong and he's a little bit scared of his brother??.... that will be funny..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Toriko will learn spoon i mean each of them has their own unique set of skill. Like was mentioned by one of the forummer not everyone wants to be saiyajin or bankai. Toriko will only use his fork and knife and only improve them whether using his hands or legs and god knows what else after his powerup his weewee?? Now that i think about it i wanna learn food honor too!

ANother thing is that Chiyo vs TOriko...they both impress CHin enough to know their names so it must mean that both can use the secret technique. But ultimately TOriko is a hunter and Chiyo, even tho one she is a top ranking chef, she is still only a chef. I dont think chef have much raw power. Skills maybe but raw power?

We can see Take is incredibly jealous of Komatsu and with his food luck. He might be a decent cook in top 100 but he achieve that thru bribery and showy not from his skill. I doubt he is that strong. If he suddenly can hold himself againts Toriko then this will be a joke and a very bad move from the author.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reaper2507 View Post
    do you all forgott Toriko uses KNIFE / FORK.... im pretty confident he will learn Spoon in this fight! Master (almost) die? he uses the technik of the master to finish off the opponent the master could not defeat something like that

im pretty sure we all agree Spoon will be one of Torrikos movesets^^
    I thought as well that Toriko would learn spoon attack, but his food honor training had ended and he hasn't learned it yet, so who knows.

I understood Otake's comment about defeating Toriko as not he or they need to defeat him now, but rather Otake and his bishokukai combo partner to defeat Komatsu and Toriko combo. He just wants to prove to Komatsu that he is superior, and boasted about his partner, so it wouldn't mean much to him if they are defeated right here.

Master Chin seems to be finally defeated... I don't like that, he should be one of the strongest. On the other hand, from the story point of view, maybe it is necessary to showcase Toriko's growth, and, even though he might not be able to defeat Chyo yet, he might be able to repel her and save the temple. I'm no big fan of outside interference, but if it comes - I'm voting Setsuno. She is no stranger to interfering, and considering opponent's strength - it might be necessary in this situation.
    Last edited by Buggy; May 31, 2012 at 03:05 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post

Master Chin seems to be finally defeated... I don't like that, he should be one of the strongest. On the other hand, from the story point of view, maybe it is necessary to showcase Toriko's growth, and, even though he might not be able to defeat Chyo yet, he might be able to repel her and save the temple. I'm no big fan of outside interference, but if it comes - I'm voting Setsuno. She is no stranger to interfering, and considering opponent's strength - it might be necessary in this situation.
    Im not sure but i think this is the final ingredient or the 2nd last ingredient that Toriko has to find for his training right. Throughout the journey they would always be some outside help that came for Toriko (ice hell by Setsuno/Teppei, cave by Melk, Gourmet World by Jiro, Regal Biotope by Coco) but since this is probably the last training i want to see Toriko on his own win against the opponent. It would be a good show of strength and improvement. ANd this is also the first time that a master-of-the-place is defeated (master Chin) and a lot of good characters died. Its a good balance. Good guys dont always win. Its hard to find a shounen manga without any Disney influence where everyone lives happily ever after.
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; May 31, 2012 at 03:38 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner CristiStar's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

lol toriko stil has no chance against chyo.
    I see some big caracter coming to help or chyo leaving without killing or maybe not even fighting toriko.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Long time since I posted, since I didn't quite enjoy this arc up until now.

This was an amazing chapter with so much win on so many occasions. First of all, I've always, ALWAYS(!!!), loved typical shounen scenes were the two strongest are sealing themselves off to fight alone. I don't know why, but it always brings this sort of satisfaction in which interference is off-limits and unable. What I didn't like however is that the fight didn't last long at all. Chiyo treated Chin the same way Ichiryu treated Toriko. That left a bad taste in my mouth, he's supposed to be the master even her master and yet he was unable to do anything than just to seal her up, which was really unnecessary. I would have liked it more if the battle was decided in the next chapter after the two had damaged each other quite heavily, enabling Toriko to finish a weakened Chiyo off. Instead this opens up the risk of either Toriko winning against Chiyo making him vastly stronger than Chin which would be odd and Kubo-like or a the concept of deus ex machina will be used and an unexpected character will arrive without reason.

I did however enjoy Toriko's growth and seeing how he treated the Golem, they will most definitely be the cannon fodder in the upcoming war, I don't know If I like that though... It will also be interesting to see how the usually wild Toriko will be after this enlightenment. I hope Mitsutoshi manages to pull this one off and keep him in the charismatic and wild area.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter.

I am a little bit afraid that Toriko's behaviour will change and his more shounen-like fun-loving attitude might be somewhat lost.
    Otherwise the whole food honour arc would feel a little bit pointless.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter. Toriko's handling of the golem goes down as one of the most hilarious total beatdowns ever. I'm just waiting for Komatsu to wreck Take, someone who seems very much overconfident considering his lack of talent and has become immensely annoying because of it. Chiyo continues her descent into complete and utter insanity, and I'm loving every moment of it. She is one of the most creepily monstrous villains I've seen for a while. But the most amazing component of this chapter had to be the facial expressions; the golem's as he got destroyed by Toriko and old lady Chiyo's when she emerges from behind Chin. Just awesome.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by torikoHD View Post
    I think some other big power will arrive to help them, Ichiryuu probably.
    I dont think so ,ichiryu is one of the most powerful characters and never the most poweful character appears (IMO) but now i hope that aimaru arrives the temple since its time to see him in battle and was the last one in learn food honor before toriko.

Now the chapter was good i like that new knife more thatn the kugi punch, because it was more faster and superefective at the same time i hope toriko and chiyo show us a good fight .

PD: it still remain a one list ingredient.

PD2:I counted 51 ren
    Last edited by B'arzz; May 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter. Toriko development is like those in manga, where being in control and calm are seen as signs of advancement. Japanese culture, i believe. the likely outcome of this arc centres on Toriko/Komatsu combo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter! The fact that Toriko has come this far and still has more to learn is just amazing. He gives himself a perfect hair cut and slices the lye beasts arm in a bunch of equal size chunks, with the same hand in a matter of seconds. And with him not counting how many ren the kugi punch was, I predict that's the author's way of setting us up to not worry as much about the number any more, just the fact that its multiple hits and powerful.

And I'm Jorge, Otake seems way to comfortable after seeing a hint of Toriko's power. I hate to say it but I definitely think Otake could take out Komatsu if he wanted to and had the chance.

As far as Chin vs. Chiyo goes...I think Chiyo will either leave on her own after seemingly killing Chin. Or Chin will pull out some last minute secret technique to force her to retreat.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast