Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 189 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 189 Discussion Thread

There are a total of 7 ingredients that Toriko must get in order to be capable of going to the Gourmet World.
    1. Ozone Herb.
    2. Melk Stardust.
    3. Mellow Cola.
    4. Shining Gourami.
    5. Meteor Garlic.
    6. Bubble Fruit.(current arc)
    7. Upcoming arc.
    From what we have seen from the Gourmet World, Toriko need to be "on guard" all the time. However, he has not "learned" how to, which lead me to believe that will be the last training's purpose.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: Toriko 189 Discussion Thread

I don't remember that well, but during the death waterfall arc, at the ending page they showed a small guy with either a really long head or long hat,
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c155/19.html

And since we know that master Chin was connected to the death falls arc, it is bugging me is who that person is, because it doesn't look like Chin, so maybe that person is gonna interfere in the fight.(Or did I miss something and he was already shown).

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    I don't remember that well, but during the death waterfall arc, at the ending page they showed a small guy with either a really long head or long hat,

And since we know that master Chin was connected to the death falls arc, it is bugging me is who that person is, because it doesn't look like Chin, so maybe that person is gonna interfere in the fight.(Or did I miss something and he was already shown).
    That person has been a great mystery, but since it was said that master Chin had gouged the mountain I thought that person was supposed to be master Chin, and author just decided to change his design. It wasn't addressed in any other way.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:

It is master Chin. It was stated very clearly, evidently you did not read but skip. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Toriko/Ch...line?id=113364
    This chapter will answer your question. And this time, read!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    This chapter will answer your question. And this time, read!
    You missed his point. The Chin we know, does not fit that silhouette.

It was a great chapter overall, but I dislike repetitions from previous cliffhanger and extreme display of damage output. But I guess can't be avoided, the new power of the main protagonist is being displayed after all. But on the other hand I was pleased with the cliffhanger.

I assume as soon as Toriko is more conversant with food honor he will talk normal again. As for Take, I don't care at this moment. Chiyo is one creepy hag. Chins defeat was clear even before the fight begun. I wonder how Toriko will do fighting her.

I don't think Chin and Chiyo are that strong, despite their ranks in the IGO. Otherwise by defeating Chiyo, Toriko will become high tier, which is still to early in my opinion.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by does not fit?
    However i agrees with you that Chin should not be this weak. A battle between the people with True power should be on another whole level. Considering how the author always exaggerate stuffs, I would say a forest or an island may disappear if these people fought. Chin = Setsuno and Setsuno is in combo with Knocking Master (one of the 3 strongest). The author will probably arrange some events to call off the fight between Toriko and Chiyo, if not Toriko will die.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if you do not have that much true power, if you learn how to use food honor skills your attacks can be devastating and your opponent cant hit you. SO i guess even tho Chiyo and Chin are master level, maybe they lack true raw power? And Toriko did eat the whole buble fruit(but it looks more like liquid its not solid...i dont think it will satisfy me like when i have meat =P ) a food thats compatible with his cell.

Makes me wonder what the hell did chiyo eat to become like that. If the food is compatible you will go shining smooth beef up muscle with long hair. Did chiyo eat bad food thats...in a way improve her gourmet cell but at the cost of something?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Even if you do not have that much true power, if you learn how to use food honor skills your attacks can be devastating and your opponent cant hit you. SO i guess even tho Chiyo and Chin are master level, maybe they lack true raw power?
    You have a point there. Assistant master Shuu is vastly weaker than Toriko, but with food honor Toriko couldn't hit him at all and with his precision attack he could cut an artery and hurt Toriko. When Koppowo launched his attack on Chyo she used her chopping board to defend, showing that if it connected she would get hurt. On the other hand master Chin in his "released" 1 ton form should be pretty strong but it seems that's the way how food honor works - lighting fast, precision attacks using minimum power. That's also one of the ways Komatsu can get competent even though he is pretty weak physically.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Food Honor doesn't make your raw strenght go up, but helps you to improve your concentration/precision in order to stop using useless movements. Toriko was STRONG to begin with, but had a lot of useless movements, thanks to Food Honor, he overcome that problem, but it is not all. The fact that he was close to death (similar to the Jewel Meat arc) and ate Bubble Fruit probably caused a massive powerup boost, to the point where right now, he doesn't bother with how much Rens he uses in his Kugi Punch. From 18 Ren with one arm, to whatever number he wants (not whatever, but I think the amount more than doubled), add to that his total mastery over Food Honor, he became more stronger, this is the second most massive boost after the one with after eating the Jewel meat.

Now, it was never said that Chin/Chiyo were strong similar to let's say Midora/Ichiryuu/Setsuno, we have no idea how strong they are, so I fail to see how people see it too farfetched for Toriko to defeat Chiyo or surpass Chin...

This is gonna be probably Toriko's last massive powerup in the Human World, he's obviously more than ready for the Gourmet World, I think there's only one ingredient left and that lvl 100 Beast here.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes Toriko strong is that he has immersed with food/ingredients. Because of this, he was able to eat the bubble fruit. The bubble fruit, just like any other ingredient, gave Toriko calories and every other nutrient he was in need of. The gourmet cells react

Toriko connects his body better with the ingredients' effects. This allowed him to be more calm and thus he could defeat the golem very easy.

Or lemme say it like this: Toriko was already burning calories when he got mad seeing a bishokukai
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chin is also one of the 4 National Treasures. In this sense the it is most likely like the 4 Heavenly Kings. Even though there may be a difference in power of these 4 however that level should not be very far from each other. Setsuno was be able to damage the weapons of the "Waiter" of the bishokukai with only her aura. And again, the Waiter effortlessly killed 2 beasts(80s and 70s). That Panda (lv80s) that Toriko fought in the Garlic arc needed 32 ren in order to be killed. Now either this power up will be so unbalance that make Toriko surpass Chin and Chiyo OR this fight will be cancelled somehow. And we know that Toriko wants that 100lv beast, now if he is above Chin and Setsuno lv then that lv100 beast will be killed like an ant? I am quite sure that there at least two more arc in order for Toriko to go to the Gourmet World. 7th is the last training and then we have that lv100beast.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Who told you that 4 National Treasures are all about strenght and not about their achievements that helped the Gourmet Age ? It could be discovering new cooking method, new cooking method, not being insanely strong. Heck, we don't know shit about what criteria are used to make someone one of the National treasures...

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they become national treasure base on their achievement in advancing the gourmet age. Komatsu always says that these people are the charismatic person in their field and thus respected for their success. If it was base on strength alone then ichiryuu should be on the list.

I hope the next chapter we would see some definite conclusion. For the past few chapster we've been teased so bad with cliffhanger and they never finish their sentence its annoying!

One more thing I think most of it take it granted..master chin is hovering right? Can they fly too? More mysteries sigh

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Being National Treasures is not about strength but also techniques. However due to the fact that Chin displayed inhuman capability such as cut out that mountain in the Shinning Gourami arc let readers assume that strength is a definite trait of the National Treasures.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    Being National Treasures is not about strength but also techniques. However due to the fact that Chin displayed inhuman capability such as cut out that mountain in the Shinning Gourami arc let readers assume that strength is a definite trait of the National Treasures.
    Strenght is a definite traits of Bishokuyas and some high level cooks (Setsuno and Chin in this case), due to the nature of their job (except maybe for Setsuno). But then again, nothing was said about their level, yes they're strong, but compared to beasts (aka Ichiryuu, Midora, Jirou) to which extent ? We don't know.

It seems that as if you guys think Toriko is weak, compared to those 3 and other people yeah, but compared to other Bishokuyas, Toriko is STRONG. We have seen how the levels vary, from Zonge like to Ichiryuu/Midora level.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast