Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Toriko 189 Discussion Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 189 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    Awesome chapter.

I am a little bit afraid that Toriko's behaviour will change and his more shounen-like fun-loving attitude might be somewhat lost.
    Otherwise the whole food honour arc would feel a little bit pointless.
    I would not be worried so much about, it's probably to express food honor which is main theme right now, when this arc fade away i bet Toriko will be back to normal

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    What do you mean by does not fit?
    Not sure how to be more clear than I already was. To put it simply, Chin does not fit the shadow we saw in chapter 155. I put both pics in spoiler tags, u might want to check them urself more clearly.

Spoiler: Pics 155 vs 181 show

Now there are two thoughts:
    • The author decided to not take the silhouette in chapter 155 into consideration while creating Chin, basically both are the same person or
    • both are different persons

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That author has already stated that it was him. What more do you want? wow!

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    That author has already stated that it was him. What more do you want? wow!
    Where? If its this ur r talking about, don't bother posting. I have no time for trolls. And to answer ur rhetorical question, I want nothing. Just noticed sth and posted it.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

But BlackHair, it must be him... It is not a troll, probably the author changed his design and stuff, there's no other explanation to that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Me neither. Dont understand why he doesnot want to accept it. Hmmmm

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding my "troll" statement, the author did not state the shadow as Chin. We have a likely connection based on Shuus lines between the shadow and Chin, however the silhouette does not match. Basically it is not to 100% confirmed, even if it seems very likely at this point. As such u can't label it as "author confirmation", that's nothing but troll.

I will try make myself more clear, this is about a possible mistake of the author. That's all I was trying to point out. I am NOT clinching onto a idea of possible mysterious character besides Chin. If it turns out to be someone else, I might be pleasantly surprised of a semi-twist, but like the majority I don't see it happing at this point.

If the manga ends without stating someone else as the shadow or if the author cofirms the shadow as Chin via interview or anything similar, then it will be fact. But until then it is not, no matter how likely it seems.

Anyway, I was just trying to point out a mistake. As I enjoy finding such and anything out of the ordinary. Im like a 12 year old on this matter. Regardless, I do think it is Chin, but honestly I couldn't care either way. I don't know why this trivial matter turned into a discussion. I noticed this couple of weeks ago, but did not post about it. But since Zoro #1 mentioned it, I linked onto this.
    Last edited by BlackHair; June 03, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, for some reason I agree with BlackHair. It might be a mistake but...

I think that this person isn't chinchinchin. If it is him then imo, the mangaka and the editor made a huge mistake. I can't remember that chinchinchin has ever pronounced a fufufu

The silhouette is totally different and chin might have been the person that caused the deathfal obstacle but it is still possible that it is someone else. l
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think it would be that much of an argument, as for the character I don't mind it being Chin, at first I thought it was Frohze the "Chef God," but then I thought it was too much to be him so I kept myself from replying, but after Chin's connection was shown it was a complete WTF as to who that person is. I guess it might be a mistake or we might see him in the next arc for the last ingredient.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

There might be other people around that area observing Toriko. The silhouette looks too different. And you know this author love to do foreshadowing and doesnt finish the sentence so i think we will see this character later. I thought it look like a bishokukai chef since it made the snake uneasy. Since its not 100% confirmed yet either guess is correct. That guy is either wearing a chef hat or have Marge Simpson like hair. Master chin have neither.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The firts time i saw that shadow I think that might be zauth the cooking king or maybe kuribo , i dont think that's chichin because Shimabukuro would not make such an abrupt change and chinchinchin dont laugh "fufufu"

Now for the next chapter i want to see how toriko is gonna use "spoon" because he's obviously going to use it ( also the axe chop that already see in the 2002 one shot that jirou use in the GW)
    Last edited by B'arzz; June 03, 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal Prediction for the remainder of this arc:
    * Chiyo and Ootake turns their attention to Toriko, possibly the only other person who has learnt Food Immersion, and Komatsu, a chef who has talent and potential that rivals Chiyo.
    * Chiyo and Ootake are chased of, badly beaten, but Toriko has also sustained a serious injury, and Master Chin is still alive but fading.
    * Komatsu prepares the Bubble Fruit, something only Chiyo could do, and they both recover.

Personal Prediction for next arc:
    * Next arc is about the last ingredient on Ichiryuus' list.
    * This ingredient will probably be training to increase Toriko's immunity to something that inflicts him from within, like:
    * diseases;
    * pheromones;
    * poisons;
    * something else.
    * The following arcs will have Toriko and Komatsu joining Zebra, Sunny and Coco in their respective training and another featuring the Brain Data Toriko got from Livebearer. In these, (hopefully) Komatsu will get new cooking or survival equipment. I also think we'll encounter the last two chefs that heard the Presidents full course voice.
    * Another arc will be about the Cooking Festival mentioned in the Gourmet Santa chapter.
    * Last arc in the Human World has Toriko fighting the Capture Level 100 beast.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What would be awesome is the Four Heavenly King start their journey to the Gourmet World together. And lets face it Komatsu wont be able to survive in the Gourmet World unless he has some aid from the Four Heavenly King. Speaking of Komatsu, Sani and Zebra wants to from a combo with him. Is it a possibility that he form a combo to all four?

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The story is about toriko and komatsu as a combo partner. I dont think all 4 kings would enter gourmet world together in a party since it would be hard to show their growth like that. Tho they will meet at some point in gourmet world as each will involve in certain ingredient much like what they did in the human world i guess. Komatsu probably dont need help much. He did went along Toriko to all those place to train againts temperature and stuff except gravity. Wonder how he will react to gravity which you need raw strength to adapt @_@

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

We should also remember that there is still Ichiryu's Full Course that needs preparation, so maybe Komatsu will also cook it before they will depart to Gourmet World? It might show his growth and also might increase Toriko's and other Heavingly Kings physical capabilities.

I believe the upcoming chapter will be full of action and I hope we won't see any outside help for Toriko for at least one-two chapters. It will be great to see Toriko fighting Chiyo, especially as she should be a bit tired after fighting some of the Deputy Masters and Chin.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4