Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 98 Discussion/99 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 98 Discussion/99 Predictions

I just hope the pissed off Wangnang is stronger than the normal one, maybe now his hidden talents will awaken and he goes berserk. And after destroying everyone in his way, there will be Lurker lain on the ground in blood and will ask him fearfull "just who are you?" and he will answer "Zahards only Prince..."
    Yeah I know, I´ve got too much fantasy
    But who got the remote of Yeons room? Do they have to get it from Yeon? And what will happen to Baams fight? So many questions....

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I would hate if Prince is...Well, Zahard Prince.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I´m not sure if I would hate. My problem is more, do I want Baam to be the Prince or to be an Exis

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not both? I'm not familiar with the Axis concept yet. Maybe later will be a concept that I could like. So far people being chosen that can't be interfered seems a bit too much for any plot device.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I remember, the exis are created beings and came from outside the tower, Baam being an Exis would mean that he was created and so can´t be the son of Zahard by blood but who knows maybe he´s the adopted son of Zahard, but why adopt a son and then put him in a cave right?

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Lurker is such a dumbass , i really wanna see Baam kicking his ass soon Also i can't believe Rapdevil teamed up with him . I had other expectations from him as a character . All i feel now is disappoint
    I'm more for Wangnan kicking his ass, Baam beating him would feel kinda cheap.

And you think someone who gets himself hired cares about ideals? XD Betraying one another is one of the biggest themes in ToG and it's bound to happen when someone wants to reach the top by all means. Would have liked if Rapdevil was a deeper character too but he seems to be the rather usual villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well now that I read it translated...Same as before. I'm more pumped about the blog entry than the chapter itself.

And Nia never won me over, so I'm fine with him dying.
    As much as I understand your point... how can you be so heartless Uri? I thought the killing scene was quite emotional even though I didn't like him in particular too.

Even SIU was moved by the whole thing, he wrote it in his blog post guess it's normal that authors care for their characters though

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I would hate if Prince is...Well, Zahard Prince.
    Agreed, I want a more twisted story/background. Him being the son of Zahard and being dumped for some reason would be too shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    Like I remember, the exis are created beings and came from outside the tower, Baam being an Exis would mean that he was created and so can´t be the son of Zahard by blood but who knows maybe he´s the adopted son of Zahard, but why adopt a son and then put him in a cave right?
    That's wrong, Exis/Axis can be normal beings too. At some point in time their Exis power awakens and they become beings that heavily influence the TUS universe

Take a look at all the info here
    -> http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-affecting-TOG

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

For anyone who's interested in the whole blog post should read the end of the Company's release here:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/106211/...by_the-company
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; June 07, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

That's wrong, Exis/Axis can be normal beings too. At some point in time their Exis power awakens and they become beings that heavily influence the TUS universe

Take a look at all the info here
    -> http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-affecting-TOG
    Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    UNOFFICIALLY (Information gleaned from previous T.U.S. works), we know that:
    -In "Talse Uzer Story", the Exis are the "Talse Uzer", i.e. - the entire T.U.S. story will ultimate revolve around the Exis.
    -Exis is not born; Exis is made.
    -The Exis' power revolves around creating a 'field' around oneself, in which the Exis is basically a God. Because of this power, a non-Exis cannot even fight an Exis.
    -Exis are ones 'who make history'

In TOG:
    -Phantaminum used his powers as an Exis to infiltrate Jahad's palace (hence the "power that the rankers could not recognize")
    -The Exis are like gods within T.U.S. Universe. The author once stated that "Phantaminum could instantly destroy the T.O.G. story if he wanted to."

Axis/Exis isn't an innate ability, it must be awakened - and depending on the strength of their abilities, they may even go berserk/out of control during the awakening.
    As I interpreted it, it means, that Exis are MADE, BUT after they´re made it doesn´t mean that they´ve got the power of an Exis and live the life of a normal, but they can awaken that ability... not everyone, ONLY the one who were MADE-> the EXIS.
    So Baam can´t be the real son of Zahard and an Exis at the same time... If I didn´t understand you correctly please show me directly what you mean

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    As I interpreted it, it means, that Exis are MADE, BUT after they´re made it doesn´t mean that they´ve got the power of an Exis and live the life of a normal, but they can awaken that ability... not everyone, ONLY the one who were MADE-> the EXIS.
    So Baam can´t be the real son of Zahard and an Exis at the same time... If I didn´t understand you correctly please show me directly what you mean
    not sure how reliable the infos sha posted are but the "made part" can be interpreted differently too. As I see it, they can be just "normal" persons who awaken the power but I might be wrong. I doubt we will see anything about them soon anyway, if they are shown it will most likely be when the story has advanced near the end.

we can discuss more of this in the specific thread if you want

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Oh god even i can't believe Nia betrayed Wagnan and everyone else . Well i guess he's the typical character that's innocent and ends up being tricked into playing the betrayer role to save someone else dear to him but still that left me with a bad after taste . I really liked him , he was cute and i kinda feel bad that he died .

Lurker is such a dumbass , i really wanna see Baam kicking his ass soon Also i can't believe Rapdevil teamed up with him . I had other expectations from him as a character . All i feel now is disappoint
    Yeah I also thought more of his character than this... Now he will also die and be forgotten like all the other minor villains, though his character design was promising with all the devil and hatsu thing...

off topic: @naruto-niichan
    I´ve started it already

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SIU --> afterword
    After this, we'll see the hidden story behind Viole and this test, along with the connection between the story from part 1.
    This line seems fishy to me...

In my opinion Baam wanted to show himself as a viligan "Jyu Viole Grace" from FUG, with a meaning !!!

Baam showed he is able to deceive people, and that without them noticing this (example: Lahel played with him longer, because Baam played strategically in a way that the game prolonged, and always lasted really long).

Now, what I meant is that with this kind of action(being a member of FUG) Baam might just wanted to announce himself as a guy who is against Zahard, if it comes to it, and is even ready to kill him, if he crosses path with him.

Well, based on this I created the following prediction:
    Spoiler: my long prediction, so I put it in spoiler tag not to disturb those that aren't interested show
    Last edited by Monsterguy; June 08, 2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny reading members calling Lurker a dumbass, when in fact he is far from it. They are 1 room away from winning the game which is only held up by Rapdevil fighting Prince. Even if Baam defeats Love he still has to get back to his own room and retake the room now that Lurker's goons have taken it from Yeon. Lurker's team takes the Prince's room and then presses Yeon's controller and it's over. I wouldn't call that dumb at all, especially since they have Yeon sent to go stall an injured/tired Baam in the case he defeats Love.

The guy is an ass, but he's playing the game and advancing the way everyone always has, being cutthroat and full of betrayal.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

SIU posted a preview for his blog friends and northerncolors translated it (looks like SIU removed it later on, maybe he wants to show it in the chap or he wasn't fine with it, still it's very interesting and seems true)

Quote Quote:
    SIU posted an interesting narrative in his blog a few hours ago. It's a discussion between Kun and Yi Soo, presumably 5 years ago when Baam supposedly died. I don't have time to translate this properly, so I'll give you a rough translation/summary:

-Everyone wanted to help Rachel and climb the Tower together
    -Kun tells Yi Soo "You guys should climb the Tower separately"
    -Kun tells Yi Soo that Anak and Andorthy became the target of Jahard, and will only get in their way
    -Kun tells Yi Soo that he's very sad about Baam's death, and will avenge his friend
    -Kun tells Yi Soo "Even you, Anak, Andorthy, Hatz and Rachel are just a tools for my revenge. Right now I am thinking of how I should use you guys, and stuff like your feelings is of no importance to me"
    "Yes, I'm probably not a good person. But I know"
    "That I can succeed in avenging him because I'm this kind of person."
    -Kun tells Yi Soo "You guys should climb the Tower separately from us (T/N: We don't know who he means by 'you guys' and 'us'. I am assuming he means Yi Soo, Anak, Andorthy by 'you guys' and Kun, Rachel by 'us'.)......"
    -Kun then asks Yi Soo to draw everyone's attention by climbing the Tower at a phenomenal speed, while he follows from behind.

-Kun tells Yi Soo "No matter how you think of it, this final test was a scheme to kill Baam and Rachel, who are Non-selection Members. Isn't it?"
    Yi Soo: "Yes. The way they split us from those two... I'd say the reason they sent the Bull to those two was to eliminate them... I guess someone must have been controlling the test scenes from behind."
    .....[skip].....
    Kun: "But-"
    "Why didn't they kill Rachel?"

16. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I see, so Androssi, Anak etc. are probably on a much higher level than Baam is, because their mission was to pull the attention of the others, but it can also be that F20 is already a really high floor for 5 years, even for Androssi ( you know, even Yeon told us, that the was seen a genius, because she climbed up to F20 in just 5 years), that would mean the first ones of season 1 we got to see will be Andross and Anak and Leesoo etc. and that Koon is in a lower level.

Also it is interesting to hear that Anak and Androssi became a target of Zahard, even then she´s still popular and now I wonder if Androssi and Baam would even start in a discussion of why he is in FUG, because it looks like their target and even the target of Koon is the same, revenge on Zahard, something like that.
    Also it makes me wonder if Koon found out about Rachel being the betrayer, maybe they even split already

SIU, come on man, why are you putting us trough such torture and don´t show them to us already

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god !!!

This might become really interesting...

With this, I believe Baam would meet with Koon next time(next test on floor 20), becouse Koon and Rachel are traveling in group 1(Koon, Rachel,...) "behind" the strong people(group 2 --> Anak, Androssi, Ship Leesoo,...) from season 1.

My prediction above has now slightly more possibilities to come true, especially the second part where I wrote "Later:".

PS: For those that do not know Kun is Koon, Yi Soo is Ship Leesoo, Andorthy Jahad is Androssi Zahard, and Hatz means Hatsu (look at original untranslated character statistic card's for more info). Confused even me at first, but if you look character's original names SIU posted than you will see that it was wrongly translated at first, nonetheless at the end it would be now to much of a pain to change all the chapters and all the names in it. So not to be confusing, people are using slightly mistranslated names that personally to me also sound better...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda disappointed with that. I wanted to see characters from season 1 other than a flashback. See them in the current time.

No surprise about Koon picking up on the malicious nature of the 2nd floor test, i.e separating Baam. Nor on Anak and Androssi garnering a bunch of attention from Zahard and the entire tower.

Only interesting bit in that entire conversation is Koon hanging back from the group, isolating himself, and surveying the scenes from afar to do something.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast