Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Volume Extras + Omake

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extras from Manga Volumes

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Which omake did you submit, out of curiosity?
    Oh, I wasn't the one who found it, it was a fellow Beelzebub fan at Mangafox (you might know I spend most of my posting time there) who also took the time to pore over the Chinese scans. But I brought it to Red Hawk's attention and told them where to find it. It was 133.5, Bub's masterpiece corner.

Incidentally, much as I am happy that this forgotten omake is making its way into English, this probably also means they will take longer to release our weekly fix of Beelzebub. The raw scans for chapter 162 came out today, and I was hopeful this time we might get a Wednesday release since the translator has caught up with Magico and presumably has more time to devote to Beelzebub. But with the extra omake, I think we are looking at a Thursday release. Oh well.
    Last edited by kendama; June 27, 2012 at 07:42 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that was a really funny omake!

You're right, the release will probably take longer. But I don't think its because of the translation, it'll probably be because the omake will take longer to clean. >_>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

By the last Omake we get i question my self. This is something for the follower from the begining or early Days. Was there any Bonus Story release by Keishu in the early Days?? I got soem Bonus Storys in the german Volumen but cant even remember if Keishu release these ones or also Ieat. In there release times.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; June 28, 2012 at 07:51 PM.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I thought this week Omake is already translated into English, but I forget which group that translated this Omake.

Nonetheless, I'd love to see the rest of Maou Gaiden. I'm really curious with what kind of story that Tamura made.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Same here. I thought this week Omake is already translated into English, but I forget which group that translated this Omake.

Nonetheless, I'd love to see the rest of Maou Gaiden. I'm really curious with what kind of story that Tamura made.
    Thati don´t know was that befor my Question was more like. Did any Group befor Redhawk release the Bonus Story. Tha Omake we saw this week i cant remember. So is good to get it anyway.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty sure that Beelzebub's masterpiece omake was translated before too. I think we should make a list of all the omake that have appeared so far. There was one that appeared in the latest issue of Jump NEXT, but alas, we have no raws to go by.

This omake (Furuichi's canned fish dinner) that just came out was published on September 2011. Not that it matters, but its interesting to know.

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty sure that Beelzebub's masterpiece omake was translated before too. I think we should make a list of all the omake that have appeared so far. There was one that appeared in the latest issue of Jump NEXT, but alas, we have no raws to go by.

This omake (Furuichi's canned fish dinner) that just came out was published on September 2011. Not that it matters, but its interesting to know.
    In my computer, I have the following omake (the same ones at Batoto):

47.5 - Lamia's detective story
    72.5 - Alaindelon's weird dream (Hilda and Beel inside rocket Oga)
    75.5 - delinquent cats
    88.5 - Sayuki parody
    105.5 - Red Tail meeting
    133.5 - Beel's masterpiece
    138.5 - New Year special (delinquent kappa)
    145.5 - Misaki's T-shirts
    153.5 - Beel, Kouta and Futaba
    162.5 - Furuichi's culinary torture session

(The numbering is arbitrary.)

So you are saying that there is yet another omake that has escaped us, and published at Jump NEXT? Do you have any information about it?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you kendama for the list! Its pleasantly surprising to see Beelzebub have so many omake even though its quite a light-hearted series. I think it fleshes out the series nicely, hopefully we'll get a special volume of just omake chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Thati don´t know was that befor my Question was more like. Did any Group befor Redhawk release the Bonus Story. The Omake we saw this week i cant remember. So is good to get it anyway.
    Ah, the canned fish omake was released by a Chinese scanlation group the same time chapter 141 came out. Their scans are really good, so maybe...? The omake itself was only published in September, so there's no way Keishou Scans had it before then.

Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    So you are saying that there is yet another omake that has escaped us, and published at Jump NEXT? Do you have any information about it?
    Yes, its been scanlated into Chinese here. It's almost a full-length chapter (and really funny). There's also Tamura's friend who wrote a mini-story on Rice Boy.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volume Extras + Omake

72.5 was a special for WSJ and i could remember i read it. 47.5 i never saw or read in a englisch version or somewhere befor,i saw it the first time in my volumen. Sayuki parody is out from RH. For me also the red tail meeting must be something i had missed. Beels masterpiece RH, same for 153.5 and 145.5. But for 75.5 and 47.5 i´m not sure if i ever see raws or scans about it.

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, its been scanlated into Chinese here. It's almost a full-length chapter (and really funny). There's also Tamura's friend who wrote a mini-story on Rice Boy.
    Well, you know the drill by now: if you succeeded in bringing 162.5 to their attention, you might as well succeed in doing the same with this one. And if you do it before Wednesday, we may get the translation before this week's chapter, or at least the load of work for Mr Triplicate (the translator) will be distributed over the week instead of concentrated over 24 hours. Even if you don't have the raw scans, showing them the Chinese scanlation (as I did with 133.5) is likely to suffice in getting them to track down the raws and get to business. After all, it is a shame that all Beelzebub material has made its way into the sinosphere but not the anglosphere, and it is up to us die-hard fans to correct this situation!

(You may wonder why I don't do it myself. It so happens that the person I used to contact at Red Hawk Scans has retired. I did it by PMs via Mangafox, and I am not registered at Red Hawk, so I cannot contact Takadanama. Why I don't register there? Well, since I like to discuss aspects of the translation - normally in a complimentary way, but still -, I think it better to keep an impartial distance from the scanlation group. It's an idiosyncrasy I've developed over time.)
    Last edited by Teeba; July 02, 2012 at 01:33 AM.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Landed a copy of Volume 17. Written in the cover : "Zen and Ishiyama was here!" This tankobon covers chapter 144-152. Sorry I couldn't post any images because I don't have a scan, but I'll give you some previews.

Tamura's note on the cover:

Quote Quote:
    今回は修学旅行がメインのお話。行き先は沖縄。取材とか行きたかったけど時間的に無理でした。それでも見事に現地を再現してくれたスタッフに感謝。
    In brief : this time it is the story about school trip and the destination is Okinawa. Unfortunately I could not do any interview because I don't have enough time. Thank you for the staff that makes me able to convey the local situation perfectly.

Extra sketches include : Futaba's horse - Yasu, Hilda practices singing this lyric , Alaindelon in Bunny suit, Kanzaki & Natsume laughing at Himekawa's chinko HS copy, Toujou running while showing his Chinkosou, Furuichi sank inside Okinawa aquarium, Alaindelon saves Aiba's underling from drowning.

There are several Q&As, might post 'em later.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Beelzebub Q&As in Volume 17

Q1 :男鹿と男鹿のお姉ちゃんは強いけど誰の血で強いんですか?父と母あまり強そうに見えません!
    A1 :父のゲザリング力(土下座力)が戦闘に特化したものです。

Q2 :古市の誕生日が11月11日だから全部1(フル1)で名字が古市なんですか?ちがったらごめなさい!!
    A2 :その通りです!気づいてくれた嬉しい!

Q3 :姫川のリーゼントの長さは?
    A3 :日によって変わります。絶好調時47。9cm

Q4 :グッドナイト下川ってなぜ「グッナイ」って言うんですか?深い理由がありそうなんですか?
    A4 : 敵を倒すときの殺し文句だった事もあるらしいです。

Q5 : 葵は頭いいんですか?中学時代はどんなだったんですか?
    A5 : いいです。委員長タイプです。

Q6 : 三木って両親が離婚して母親についていったのに名字がかわってません!父親は婿養子だったんですか?
    A6 : 確かに。

Q7 : レッドタイルの総長は初代。。。男鹿美咲。三代。。。邦枝葵。四代。。。大森寧々ですが、二代目はどんな方ですか?
    A7 : こうご期待!!そのうち出そうとおもっています。

Very very rough translations, pardon the inaccuracies.

Q and A 1 : From which side of parents Oga and Oga's sister got strong power genes? It seems that their father and mother are not really that strong. Answer : Oga's father specialization in battle is his prostate power.

Q and A 2 : Furuichi's birthday is on 11th November (11-11), which is full of "1". (Full (furu in japanese katakana) of ichi (one)). Is that where his surname comes up? Answer : That's right. I'm happy that someone is aware about it.

Q and A 3 : How long is Himekawa's pompadour? Answer : It varies on which day. On special day, usually the length is 47.9 cm

Q and A 4 : Why "Good Night" Shimokawa writes his name as "Good Nait"? Is there any special meaning behind it? Answer : So there will be any objection when he is defeated. (I'm kinda lost here, somebody help?)

Q and A 5 : Aoi is the leader, right? Did she become a leader since Junior High School? Answer : That's right. She is a leader type.

Q and A 6 : Miki's surname is not changed even though he comes from a divorced family. Is his father come from same family ? (Kinda lost... again.) Answer : Exactly.

Q and A 7 : Red Tail first head... Misaki Oga. Third head... Aoi Kunieda. Fourth head... Nene Omori. Who is the second head? Answer : Just Wait! I'll think about it.

Oh.. also, when Oga's introduce himself on this page, he refers himself as "Tonura" and Beel as "Midolas". I don't know if "Nimzo" and "Madason" are caused by localization of Dragon Quest or differences between Weekly RAW and Tankobon ver.
    Last edited by Doraku; August 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Doraku! This is awesome, and I'm so glad Tamura's doing little mini interview again. I'll post my thoughts on the Q&A a bit later, but thank you so much for posting the text!

Oh.. also, when Oga's introduce himself on this page, he refers himself as "Tonura" and Beel as "Midolas". I don't know if "Nimzo" and "Madason" are caused by localization of Dragon Quest or differences between Weekly RAW and Tankobon ver.
    I looked it up, and indeed Dragon Quest 5 had its names localized when it came out in English. So probably the translator stuck to the American names because that's what we're more familiar with (and that's what it says on the DQ5 wikia). Its still a funny joke, that Oga gave himself the name of the hero and Beel the name of the villain.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Landed a copy of Volume 17. Written in the cover : "Zen and Ishiyama was here!" This tankobon covers chapter 144-152. Sorry I couldn't post any images because I don't have a scan, but I'll give you some previews.

Very very rough translations, pardon the inaccuracies.

Q and A 2 : Furuichi's birthday is on 11th November (11-11), which is full of "1". (Full (furu in japanese katakana) of ichi (one)). Is that where his surname comes up? Answer : That's right. I'm happy that someone is aware about it.

This Question is really amazing, it show to me, that Fans really recognize so much things. I not sure someone notice the wordplay befor. Who ever tought that Furichi ist the true Number one in this Manga. XD

Q and A 3 : How long is Himekawa's pompadour? Answer : It varies on which day. On special day, usually the length is 47.9 cm

Its always the Size Question, are Hair length from never cutting hair since born, its a bit quiet short. That must some exklusiv Barber Himekawa visiting.

Q and A 4 : Why "Good Night" Shimokawa writes his name as "Good Nait"? Is there any special meaning behind it? Answer : So there will be any objection when he is defeated. (I'm kinda lost here, somebody help?)

And i was so sure about it, that Shimokawa was so bad in englisch that he wrote everything wrong. That would be more Ishiyama style, wanna be the american Type when u never could speak it right. (I will look if i find a Chapter about it)

Q and A 7 : Red Tail first head... Misaki Oga. Third head... Aoi Kunieda. Fourth head... Nene Omori. Who is the second head? Answer : Just Wait! I'll think about it.

This Question comes up so many Times and so far there is no answer. So far there is no Person in this Manga who can it be.

Maybe this a problem about license reason, using some names from games without they permitted and tankobon have some problem with it.

Its good you so now The Question and Answer part, so i must only look about the Character part, wondering there is nothing inside this Volume.

---------- Post added August 27, 2012 at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was August 18, 2012 at 05:47 PM ----------

Tamura note from Volumen 11:
    I was wondering, how my assistance and me could work on the chapters, while the power-saving measures and the consequent Power-cut. At least we could managed it better, as i thought first. My Assistance and me drawing with the lighter in the mouth, like you see in the picture above.(rabbit Head with a lighter in the Mouth in front a plotting board) I can count on my crew.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamura Note from Volumen 12:

I can do it,
    I can do it,
    I can do it;
    Yes

In the Picture u can see Tamura making Sit-Up´s. When i have time and fun i will scan it with some other Side, this Beel Picture is really nice.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; October 13, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Volume 18

This volume covers chapter 153-161.

Tamura's note on the cover:
    Quote Quote:
    ネームに必要なもの。シャーペン、消しゴム、ハサミ、メンディングテープ、耳かき。
    とりあえずこれだけないと、落ち着いて作業できません。耳かき、本当に必要なんです。
    Bad translation : Things which are necessary during Name making. Mechanical pencil, rubber eraser, scissors, tape, and ear pick. I also cannot work when my surrounding is silence, and yes, the ear pick is really important.

Omake : Furuichi hit by the skateboard, Touhoushinki watching Oga's fight with Aiba, zoom of Beel's chinko, Beel screaming "Dah" but I cannot understand the context, En and his nannies after the hero show, Kanzaki, Himekawa, and Oga making vulgar words on the wall as pictured in the Saint Marx lead color page, Misaki meets the fainted delivery guy from the demon world.

Beelzebub Volume 18 Questions and Answers

Q 1:男鹿のお父さんの職業は何ですか?
    A1:ごくごく普通のサラリーマンです。

Q2 :石矢魔高校には学校行事はありますか?
    A2 :ほぼありません。

Q3 :石矢魔の人たちの学力どのくらいでしょうか?
    A3 :姫川、陣野、夏目、古市くらいは割といいですよ。邦枝も前巻で答えたとりいいです。

Bad translations:

Q1: What is Oga's father job?
    A1: Just an ordinary salaryman.

Q2: Is there any school festival in Ishiyama High?
    A2: Almost not exist.

Q3: Among the Ishiyama students, who have good academic achievement?
    A3: Himekawa, Jinno, Natsume and Furuichi have good grades. I also told in the previous volume that Kunieda's grade is good too.

Beelzebub Senryuu. What is Senryuu? here.

Oga Tatsumi :

Quote Quote:
    男なら弱さを見せずに立ち向かえ。
    Furuichi Takayuki :

Quote Quote:
    がんばろう誤解が解けるその日まで。
    Do I deserve some love now?
    Last edited by Doraku; November 04, 2012 at 11:22 PM.

19. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast