Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Volume Extras + Omake

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volume Extras + Omake

Thank you, Doraku, for the "bad" translations. Honestly you are too harsh on yourself. And this:

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Do I deserve some love now?
    You always deserve some love! Unless that was your translation of Furuichi's senryuu. (In which case, that's kind of angsty of you, Furuichi!)

LOL, I was really tired when I made that, sorry if that sounds too angsty, I was trying to make a joke, you know - Doraku

Wow, so Tamura...hasn't revealed too much information this volume, has he. The only thing though, is that now we know that Himekawa, Jinno (Toujo's wavy-haired henchman, right?), Natsume, and Furuichi all get pretty decent grades. So does Kunieda. The more I find out, the more it sounds like people go the Ishiyama for more than just to slack off. Its pretty much a lifestyle choice.

I really wish I knew what what Oga and Furuichi's senryuu says. Sorry, but since senryuu is a prose, I'm afraid that my translation is far from accurate - Doraku According to Google, Oga's is:

Quote Quote:
    "I confront the man would not show weakness."
    And Furuichi's is:

Quote Quote:
    "Let's work hard until that day when misunderstanding can be solved."
    Even though we don't know ~exactly~ what they're saying, both of these things can be directly related to their characters. Pretty neat, Tamura! I hope we get Senryuu of other characters too.

---------- Post added November 06, 2012 at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was November 04, 2012 at 10:04 PM ----------

Fine, I get it.

But honestly, if they were just regular sentences, what would they (most likely) be? :P And in your opinion, do you think this reflects on Oga and Furuichi's character before the Tissue Arc or afterwards? Is there any context Tamura wrote them in, or were they just written on the blank pages between chapters?
    Last edited by Doraku; November 04, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    But honestly, if they were just regular sentences, what would they (most likely) be? :P And in your opinion, do you think this reflects on Oga and Furuichi's character before the Tissue Arc or afterwards? Is there any context Tamura wrote them in, or were they just written on the blank pages between chapters?
    I think the Senryuu is just like Kubo's poem on the Bleach tankobon cover, it reflects the belief or thinking or anything like that about the character who made it, but I cannot say whether it reflects a character mental state during particular arc or not. The Senryuu are located above Q and A columns and the Senryuu are written in the ninja scroll or something like that.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamura Note from Volumen 13:

I always thought i will be able, to work on my series while i change resident and somehow it worked. Someday i will take or of all the stacks of packing case.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not entirely sure what Tamura is saying: so he thought he could move house without it affecting his work? Seriously?

Oh and Waveblade, wherever you are, the internet found that omake you were talking about, of Oga ruining Furuichi's previous Christmas date. (LMAO)

I wish someone who knew Chinese could translate. Did someone write Merry Christmas in blood on the second panel?!
    Last edited by Teeba; January 08, 2013 at 02:58 PM.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    XD Poor furuichi.His christmas night is going to get destroyed again!(four years in a row!!This time by Beel)
    For the second panel,the words written in blood is indeed "Merry Christmas"(in japanese). Most probably written by one of Oga's victim.
    Here's a loose translation if you're interested.It's not 100% accurate...
    Spoiler show

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Before I go with the extras, I'm going to say sorry that since currently I'm not really free to do any translation with Beelzebub extras, so I will leave the translating duty to someone else. Or ask someone else on the internet to do the translation. Also I apologize if the extras came a little bit late; I ordered too much stuff hence the shipping was a little bit dragged before the tankobon arrived at my place.

Beelzebub Volume 19 extras

Tamura's Note

Quote Quote:
    隙間にピッターり入るサイズオーダー本棚を買ったら、ピッタリすぎて入らない。あの壁下の方のでっぱりがひっかかる。大工仕事の得意なスタッフいてくれて、本当によかった。
    Kugayama's Profile

Height : 159 cm
    Birthday : 9th February
    Blood Type : O

Quote Quote:
    姫川の許婚としてふさわいい
    人間になるため、女であることをひた隠しサンマルクス学園の生徒会長についた。
    ただし学園のトップが生徒会長ではない。さらに上の者がいるらしい。
    No poems and Q&A in this tankobon.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw man, Kugeyama is 159cm?! But she looked as tall as Himekawa! I thought it would be pretty neat for her to be just as tall as him or something.

I need to buy volumes 18 AND 19. Don't worry about it, Google Translate works just fine (sob) until someone with more free time comes along. Thank you for sharing!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Aw man, Kugeyama is 159cm?! But she looked as tall as Himekawa! I thought it would be pretty neat for her to be just as tall as him or something.

I need to buy volumes 18 AND 19. Don't worry about it, Google Translate works just fine (sob) until someone with more free time comes along. Thank you for sharing!
    Maybe Himekawa is really short?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ He's not short, Himekawa is over 180 cm. I think 183? Yeah so Kugeyama is waaay shorter even though she doesn't look it on the cover. But hey, Tamura sucks at height differences.

As Doraku said, there is no Q&A for volume 19. There are, however, omake:
    Spoiler show

And there's fanart at the back with a preview for volume 20 (which will be released in March -- even though it says February. ):
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added March 07, 2013 at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was February 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

I got volume 20 today! And even though I'm suppose to be studying,....I took a couple of pictures with my phone of the extras. I WILL scan the omake, and I want to send RedHawks the reverse poster scan so we can understand it.

Spoiler show

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay,

a short Info, i try to bring up 1 Volumen a Day. 90% of all extra Pages from the german Volumen so far are i scan it. Some of the early Volumen i dont like.
    As i wrote it to Teeba, in the Pics there are also the original german Charachter Info. If some Mod can but or copy it to the right Charachter okay, when not it´s here.
    As second i don´t want to typeset it, for that i would need the correct english translation. At least in german there are 14 Volumen and i know Doraku, post also the jap. Version so i will watch out dont double post things. Enjoy the scanning take me hours, but i like it. It´s late and i think i already say enough. Oh yeah i forgot, no one will understand it by open Question what the say i will find Time for translation if it want. Okay the first are really big, maybe i should make them a bit smaller.

Volumen1:
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Volumen2:
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

So as i say one pet Day or try i edit this post once after that i make new ones

Volumen14:
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added March 13, 2013 at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was March 11, 2013 at 02:24 AM ----------

Volumen3:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Okay this last Image i only show, to see if there are differences between original and german Version.
    And thats are not all extra images, i dont like them all.
    So later there will come extra Pages Volumen4:

---------- Post added March 24, 2013 at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was March 13, 2013 at 03:01 PM ----------

Volumen4

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Volumen5

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Volumen6

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Okay here are short note for this Upcoming Pic. In Chapter say talk about SuperDAH. This is the Image what SuperDAH means. A few Volumen earlier he printed it.
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Volumen7

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Okay at least some pages missing i thaught i maked them also but there are missing so next time i get to Family House i could scan the Rest of them.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; March 11, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Volume five came out in Brazilian Portuguese.

From the Q&A session, an answer to an old discussion point.

There is no greater mystery behind why Alaindelon arrived for the first time in the human world with several bruises and an arrow in his chest. According to the mangaka, he was "probably attacked by bandits in the border between dimensions".

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Volume Cover and Official Art Thread

People seemed to have wanted some of the extra stuff in volume 20, so I finally got motivated enough.

The Q&A:
    Q1: 古市君てけっこう寒がりなんですか?一人だけマフラーてたり、せーたー着てたりしますし。。。
    Is Furuichi pretty sensitive to the cold? Because he wears things like just a muffler, or a sweater, etc …
    A1: おしゃれさんのつもりです。
    It’s for fashion.
    Q2: 東条さんは何回バイトをクビになりましたか。高3まで何回バイトしていたのですか?
    How many part-time jobs has Toujou been fired from? By 3rd year high school, how many part-time jobs has he had?
    A2: 数えきれない程です。小学校の頃から母親の勤めるスナックで働いてました。
    There are too many to count. Since his elementary school days his mother has worked at a snack bar.
    Q3: オムライスをくるっと包めた古市は料理が上手そうですが、普通に作ったら美味しいんですか?
    Furuichi seems good at cooking from when he made that rice omelet. If he normally makes them, are they tasty?
    A3: 味は可もなく不可もなく。びっくりするほど普通です。
    The taste is neither good nor bad. It’s so ordinary, it’s shocking.

The small koma:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by lightningsha; May 30, 2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: translate koma

22. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you lightningsha for translating the volume 20 Q&A!

I want to say though, Furuichi's popularity definitely increased if he's gotten really ordinary questions such as these answered. I honestly thought the reason he wore sweaters and scarves is because he gets cold. I guess Tamura didn't think too much about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure a fujoshi asked that cooking question. I just...I just can't imagine for any other reason that question was asked!

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem! And thanks for moving it.
    I'm thinking that Tamura handpicks questions to answer. At least I'm hoping so, because I don't see why we get such mundane Q&A. The only interesting one I seem to remember is finding out that Beelzebub II and maybe I are still alive. Don't know where I saw that from though.

---------- Post added June 23, 2013 at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was June 19, 2013 at 02:03 AM ----------

I dropped by Japantown and bought a few more Beelzebub tankobon. I translated some of the extras here. Hope you like.

Character Profiles:

Spoiler show

Q&A
    Spoiler show

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightningsha View Post

I dropped by Japantown and bought a few more Beelzebub tankobon. I translated some of the extras here. Hope you like.
    OH MY GOD THESE ARE AWESOME!

Thank you so much! I meant to reply to these earlier but IRL got in the way. Wow!

I've always like Aoi, Nene, and Chiaki. Despite the latter two being physically weak, I still adore their dedication to Aoi and I hope we see more of them. ;_;

So it seems even as far back as volume 11 people were declaring their love for Furuichi. That's funny. The girlfriend question is interesting as well considering Tamura even did an omake on how Oga cockblocks Furuichi all the time.

Man, the more I look into Toujo's past the more depressing it seems. Though I appreciate he's the only one who has such unfortunate circumstances. It makes it more impactful. I hope he's able to find a stable job for himself.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast