Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 475 Discussion/476 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 475 Discussion/476 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Lost0 View Post
    I honestly don't see why the writer is hellbent on letting Hongo win with something as stupid as " Tenacity Towards Martial Arts "

Akira has been get tossed around and beat up in every chapter since the fight started. But somehow he keeps coming back with something dumb like tenacity?
    What does it take to kill him ? Decapitation seems like the only way at this point .

I'm completely disappointed in this arc. ( Ready to see Mikumo fight)
    How do you think ken wins every one of his fights? this manga is suppose to be up lifting ie hardwork and guts surpass talent and skill. It would not suprise me at all if hongou wins this and if he has infact injured jenezad mortally or even substancially i cant really see a follow up exciting fight as jenezad weakened will just be boring, 1 one on one fight is enough for an arc i dont wanna see another 10 chapters of jenezad fighting that in my opinion would be bad story telling on matsuenas part. This arc will have had a very climactic cool little end if hongou has him beat next chapter however i have my d0oubts as it didnt show jenezad actually defeated in this chap, where as most of the time matsuena atleast shows the loser collapse to the ground before the end of the chapter when a fight has concluded.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi doesn't win his fights by getting his ass kicked the entire time, supposedly getting killed and coming back to life multiple times then one-shotting his opponent to win that's for damn sure. The way Akira won this fight is quite different from the way Kenichi wins his fights, so let's not use Kenichi as an figure of comparison.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    I understand if Kenichi beats people with his heart, but I don't see how someone of Jenezad's level could lose in such a way. Does that mean the elder can be defeated this way as well? How can someone that has obtained so much strength lack "heart?" That makes no sense to me. Jenezad should have won this fight.
    Well, doesn't chapter 189 bring this up?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner g0i5y's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad he wins, first because he is a great master in his own right, secondly because Demon King was overly complacent, thirdly because Hongo is an overly cool character and I still maintain hopes for him to renounce his idealogical stance about martial arts being for killing.
    And Yami is not weak! I think the One Shadow, the Bewitching Fist, the Fists Of Brahman and Ma Sougetsu are a force to be reckoned with, not to mention that The Saint of Sage Fist is also still in the picture and he's mega hard as well. Between Ryozanpaku and the current masters of Yami (besides the fact that The Invincible Superman cannot lose lol) I'd be reluctant to place my money on Ryozanpaku.
    I'm glad we are going to see the end of this arc though, it's been painfully tedious; it's been dragged out to a point that is bordering on obscene!
    A cheezy smile lights up everyone's day!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Stevenh1990's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jenezad was the stronger fighter but Akira had the better battle tactics. Shit the author even said in his own manga that even if you are stronger you can lose to someone weaker.
    http://www.mangareader.net/337-23695...apter-189.html
    Jenezad had his guard down twice by Akira's fighthing style.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Just registered because of this chapter.
    It has been a while since I saw a descending curvature, regarding the manga's plotline. Random flashbacks to legitimate random power ups, facial expressions from Sasaki demonstrating surprising during the initial-mid fight, contradicting the so "assured about the fight's end" face shown on the last chapters.
    So many cheap resources to fill up the plot holes, ah, abusing from the ingenuity (as I'm abusing from the grammar) of its readers. At least the art is great!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooooooooo....a significantly weaker fighter gets totally wrecked, finds some 'I'm about to die' power-up, and defeats his far superior opponent in a single blow.

Can I just call bullshit?

And there should definitely be some sort of law against this many cliffhangers in a single fight, especially one that doesn't even involve one of the main characters. Seriously, it is beyond ridiculous at this point.
    Last edited by Impossibility; May 29, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a number of things which went on this chapter were actually very predictable. Akira moving his organs and using his muscles to trap junazard was perfectly predictable and I would think most people saw that coming a mile away. From that point it was obvious this entire chapter would be about that small opening which akira would risk his life on.

Now, this was the part of the chapter that would not be all to predictable. It could have gone two ways from here, either akira lands a hit just about strong enough to deal some damage to give sakaki and honest shot or it would end with akira actually landing the hit. The latter is what actually happened however it was still the least likely of results and certainly the most absurd one. I guess it makes sense that such a thing does not only work for kenichi though.

Now, there is one more thing to consider here. The fact of the matter is that one way or the other junazard still has a few moments left to live. He was outright pierced but such a thing won't kill a master of his level right away, in this regard the fight is not necessarily over just yet. The final important point here is that junazard has hongo's arm through him, if junazard somehow musters some level of strength he could still pull of an attack which would make sense considering that he really is immensely more skilled, faster and stronger than hongo and this is the only actual damage junazard has taken during the fight. With akira's defense being non existent at best right now and with junazard having both of his arms free and mostly unharmed he could still throw an attack. The words told by junazard's master are ones he apparently took to heart to say the least. If he did, tenacity is not something which alone would or should account for his defeat, it should be something which he should make a point on keeping in check. Akira's tenacity for martials arts is insane but if junazard took his masters final words to heart then he should be ready to show his own tenacity when the time comes. It is all too possible that junazard's tenacity matches akira's and uses his final moments when akira's guard is non existent and implausible to deal a final blow which makes this potential defeat into a tie. Of course, if junazard's speed, strength, skill is superior to akira's and his tenacity for martial arts matches akira's then akira would truly be a perfect martial artist as his master said he was.

Its a shame that we likely won't see what junazard's master was like. He would seem to be an interesting character. More so, the guy was huge so his pencat silat should be different from junazard's. I mean, it is a style which has shown to have virtually every sort of combat techniques available to it, odds are he would have used it differently from a slender sort like junazad.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ThaGreatOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like he's still trying to decide how to end this fight (and battle his love affair for hongo). Looks like Shigure can take down every member of One shadow by herself now
    Mashiro SUCKS end of story. Better yet all viazards outside of Shinji were trash

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heck Shigure can even defeat the Elder as long as she has great tenacity for martial arts never mind the large difference of power and skill between them.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Why you guys have to take a sample about Kenichi defeat elder or something like this? Do you really think Kenichi will be able have a chance to use his tenacity against elder. Not on his current level, but in the future he absolutely can. Hongou has many unexpected skills for example move his joint or move his organ, so he can use his tenacity because his rival unexpected it.

This match Hongou will definitely win, because Jenazart's master already predicted that he will be surpassed by someone that has much tenacity.
    But even though he will win, we still cannot make sure that he will manage to survive. He took all damage on his entire body. This is may a winning's curse.

But I still believe that he will manage to survive, because he still has a role on this manga. ^_^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People were obviously being sarcastic when they said Kenichi could even defeat the Elder lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder...is Kenichi learned something from this fight? And if he did, what is it could be?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    This fight has been a rollercoaster, I love seeing battles of such high calibre.

I doubt that Silcardo is going to be defeated by a single thrust, though I stated before that all of Akira's blows were for the kill (head or chest). Akira's hit seems legit as this manga has no qualms (again) when it comes to show us a body being pierced, but even if it is Silcardo, is Sakaki going to let him die (assuming Akira got the killing blow right)? I see Silcardo's mouth blood but I don't see blood coming out of Akira's thrust.

When talking about tenacity I think it means about interest (or love) in martial arts. Silcardo used Silat as a way for power and sadism (he stated that he takes pride in Silat but let Kenichi fight penguin-man without his armguards; it was the other master who gave Kenichi the armguards for Silat's pride), Silcardo lacked true interest in Silat and martial arts as a whole.

If Akira can kick his real thrust then it means that even if you guess right he can correct it by kicking the arm.

Kenichi wikia now killed Silcardo, hahaha!

Matsuena stated that this chapter will be the conclusion, is he going to lie to himself? We'll see the fate of these two next chapter.
    No tenacity is referring to his seriousness towards martial arts

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    Heck Shigure can even defeat the Elder as long as she has great tenacity for martial arts never mind the large difference of power and skill between them.
    Haha dude what the manga is saying is hongou didnt win because he wanted to he won because he had to jenezad is fighting solely for his own interest. He was coky arrogant and never took hongou seriously imo which is how all kens fights go how is this any different? no one cared this much when ken beat shou and that was even more outrageous given that ken was already injured to the shit before the fight even started. Even more so no one cared this much when ken got absolutely pwned by miu a few chapters back why do you all even care this much about some miniscule masters battle which has 2 masters we'll probably never see fight again? lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, in sakaki vs hongou fight miu said that he surpassed her in eyepower but in this fight they didn't say anything about kenichi improving any technique.

So hongou won...yay...well i have to say that this arc is over, with the most bullshit fight that I have ever seen in my entire life holy crap i can accept this with kenichi because he is the god damn hero of the story but from hongou? It is hard to believe that he won the fight but whatever what is done is done too bad it ended in the shittiest way matsuena could have ever imagined.

Now talking about next arc probably it is gonna be bout miu having some type of training to delete "the Jenazard's spell" of her memory, hopefully a miniarc and then kajima satomi vs kenichi arc cause I really doubt that kenichi is gonna fight with that kid, probably is gonna be like when renka fight with rachel instead of kenichi.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast