Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 475 Discussion/476 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 475 Discussion/476 Predictions

Quote Quote:
    Haha dude what the manga is saying is hongou didnt win because he wanted to he won because he had to jenezad is fighting solely for his own interest. He was coky arrogant and never took hongou seriously imo which is how all kens fights go how is this any different? no one cared this much when ken beat shou and that was even more outrageous given that ken was already injured to the shit before the fight even started. Even more so no one cared this much when ken got absolutely pwned by miu a few chapters back why do you all even care this much about some miniscule masters battle which has 2 masters we'll probably never see fight again? lol
    Blackmidnight, best explanation so far.

Also, you guys are taking this way too seriously, not to mention, fight is not over yet - who knows what could happen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren't shockwave orbits supposed to show all possible means of attack in the specific situation? How did the knee kicking not factor? Does this mean if I freestyle enough well-established rules like that mean nothing? Hongou planned from the beginning to die twice?

I co-sign anyone calling bullshit on this tenacity nonsense, but then again I'm part of the unreasonable crowd.

FuS

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher
    Hongou planned from the beginning to die twice?
    I think this was missinterpretated, the thing is Hongou knew Silcardo is stronger then him, so to have a chance he shall do a reckless things such as taking hits and try to immobilise the opponent with everything he got to make an opportunity to strike..i belive this "planned form the beggining" starts after Jenezad blocked Akiras close-range thrust and Hongou come up with counter-plan.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bskbob's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

it was a good fight but if that is the ending i don't like it at all i still hope Jenezad is not finished.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a terrible chapter. I'm calling BS. Masters at this level aren't supposed to get pawned for crap reasons like spirit/tenacity. Jenezad didn't have a weak heart and he was clearly the stronger more skilled fighter. I'm predicting Jenezad is not going to d.ie from this attack

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinomuri View Post
    This was a terrible chapter. I'm calling BS. Masters at this level aren't supposed to get pawned for crap reasons like spirit/tenacity. Jenezad didn't have a weak heart and he was clearly the stronger more skilled fighter. I'm predicting Jenezad is not going to d.ie from this attack
    The whole series to this point has reiterated multiple times that willpower/heart/tenacity is the most important thing in martial arts. And not just as it applies to Kenichi. Yami and Yomi members have said as much, too.

What's bothersome to me is that this seems to imply Elder only tied against Jenezad. So it sort of throws the standings such as they were into disarray.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I say is that ken has plot armor in his fights. Hongo should be dead! That is all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ThaGreatOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    No tenacity is referring to his seriousness towards martial arts

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Haha dude what the manga is saying is hongou didnt win because he wanted to he won because he had to jenezad is fighting solely for his own interest. He was coky arrogant and never took hongou seriously imo which is how all kens fights go how is this any different? no one cared this much when ken beat shou and that was even more outrageous given that ken was already injured to the shit before the fight even started. Even more so no one cared this much when ken got absolutely pwned by miu a few chapters back why do you all even care this much about some miniscule masters battle which has 2 masters we'll probably never see fight again? lol
    Because the manga is called "History's Strongest Disciple KENICHI" not History's Strongest Disciple Hongo we'd expect that from the protagonist not an newly turned anti-hero who got owned in every aspect of fighting before this occurred. You could even say elder would be fighting for his own interest because he's miu's grandfather and kenchi is fighting for LOVE . Maybe elder would want to spar while Shigure would want to show the world that weapon fighting is supreme and bring honor to the art of weaponary

Besides all that we wanted to see a master fight jenazad and really push him to the limit NOT jenazad own a guy for the whole fight and lose because of some fanboy asspull with a cliffhanger ever chapter. Has any kenichi fight had this many cliffhangers?
    Mashiro SUCKS end of story. Better yet all viazards outside of Shinji were trash

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    Aren't shockwave orbits supposed to show all possible means of attack in the specific situation? How did the knee kicking not factor? Does this mean if I freestyle enough well-established rules like that mean nothing? Hongou planned from the beginning to die twice?

I co-sign anyone calling bullshit on this tenacity nonsense, but then again I'm part of the unreasonable crowd.

FuS
    Well, the shockwaves aren't a magical thing which suddenly becomes visible to the fighters (as far as we know). Shockwaves are merely a prediction made by fighters at best. As they are made by fighters they are also limited by the fighters themselves. From when junazad stood he probably could not actually see hongo's legs simply, there was akira's thrust and his own arms in the way. More so, not all techniques can be read or predicted, perhaps this is simply one of those.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ThePhantomStriker's Avatar
    Country
    St Lucia
    Post Thanks / Like

pretty cool move from hongo....didnt see that one coming.....I think this match has gone on long enough with basically the same outcome ( hongo fighting for his life )....hopefully this match is decided next chapter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomStriker View Post
    pretty cool move from hongo....didnt see that one coming.....I think this match has gone on long enough with basically the same outcome ( hongo fighting for his life )....hopefully this match is decided next chapter
    Welcome to Manga Helpers
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hhv94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...interesting twist there with Hongo. It's not really far fetched if a human being goes so far past his own bodily abilities on adrenaline. Either way I doubt Jenezad is dead too. But he is probably hurt and might just retreat. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Also i feel i should point out just because of how people were carying on about how strong jenezad is i looked back through the whole arc thus facr and found this.

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...-kenichi/469/2

Very bottom panel in the flash back on jenezad vs elder, elder says: "we'll have to finish this later" so its not as if they both fought eachother and collapsed due to fatigue it wasnt that type of tie it was simply jenezad was strong enough to drag out a fight with the elder and not get crushed instantly something i feel many masters are probably capable of fair enough their fight was atleast 15-20 years ago and jenezad has undoubtedly gotten stronger since then but i still think comparing him to the elder is way to ridiculous its been stated many times the elder is the strongest being on this planet (possibly even the universe lol) and i feel it would just be dumb to get him involved this late in the arc to fight jenezad. They've gone to all the trouble of flashbacks of even jenezads master explaining to him the kind of person who could defeat him a 'die hard' martial artist or someone with unrelenting tenacity for martial arts i.e hongou the stage is already set for his defeat it has been basically since the moment he kidnapped the main heroine lol and with each passing chapter its just becoming more and more obvious. I hardly see why this is a suprise once again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely not over I can see Jenezad attacking Akira one more time before he succumbs to his injuries thus making the fight a tie.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    This is definitely not over I can see Jenezad attacking Akira one more time before he succumbs to his injuries thus making the fight a tie.
    Wouldnt that be pretty pointless plotwise? lol if you want my serious opinion we never actually saw any blood come from jenezads body from the hongous thrust only a little drip from his mouth if it isnt over its ost likely that he stopped the thrust before it could go all the way through his body thats the only way i could see this continuing and if so its basically over for hongou the dude should already be dead. Personally i hope im wrong hongou is gradually becoming one of my fav masters thus far he reminds me of byakuya.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast