Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Koisome Momiji by Miura Tadahiro and Sakamoto Tsugirou

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Koisome Momiji by Miura Tadahiro and Sakamoto Tsugirou

Koisome Momij
    Written By: Sakamoto Tsugirou
    Art By: Miura Tadahiro
    Genre: Romance
    Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Publisher: Shueisha
    Mangaupdates

On his way home from school, a girl he has never seen asks Katsuragi Shouta to take her picture. Thinking she is a tourist, he agrees. Looking at the picture, Shouta is struck by the girls beauty. Becoming red faced and bashful, he runs away, never asking her name. Walking by the same place with his friends, he sees her again. Bullied into talking to her again, she agrees to meet him after school the next day. Watching TV at home Shouta sees her on the evening news, rising teen idol Shinomiya Sana! She has moved to his town to film a new TV drama, and attending a local high school to better learn her part. Meeting her the next day, Shouta finds the train station crowded with boys. Calling to her, he helps her escape the swarms. Now the shy Shouta finds himself on a date with beautiful teen idol Sana. What does the future hold for this unlikely couple?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Koisome Momiji by Miura Tadahiro and Sakamoto Tsugirou

I didn't read the one-shot, but I read the first chapter. It was cute and heart-felt, but it was a bit stereotypical.

Katsuragi is hilariously over the top as shonen hero. He's more like a shoujo heroine! I could read the manga for his moe behavior alone. The rest of cast is pretty amusing, I'm assuming since there are two female minor characters and two male minor characters the author will pair them off (or at least I think so). Unfortunately, the heroine's personality seems the weakest, I feel like I've seen it before. Its not like she's a bad character, just she doesn't have a "defining" feature other than being a teen idol.

The biggest criticism I have of the manga is that it's not really suited to be serialized for a long time. The subject matter is nice, but not genius. The thing that is appealing is how the male hero is a nervous blushing wreck, and the heroine is pretty cool-headed and aloof. That could be worth exploring, but the manga needs more of a conflict. To me, anyway. I hope there isn't a love triangle in the works!

Negative Syndicate

The first three chapters aren't really much interesting; it was kind of like a typical romcom series. But, it is starting to get interesting since chapter 4, now. However, I, personally, want this series to be axed because I like Pajama's artwork more than this one. However, my judgement may be changed depend the series develop in later chapters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't a big fan of the series until they introduced the new character in chapter 3.

I absolutely love the new character

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

The first chapter has better flow compared to the one-shot. The new character on in 4th chapter is good for change. I thought if the Mangaka only focus on the relationship between the main protagonists it won't survive in the long run. I still prefer this to Pajama, but maybe it's because Pajama's artwork does not fit with my taste.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of the series until they introduced the new character in chapter 3.

I absolutely love the new character
    Dude, I'm totally agree with you. I love the character of Nana-chan, she's gorgeous. It's so eclectic and the faces/poses that she makes are super funny.

I really enjoy that series, all the main characters are treated in detail. Moreover the artworks are awesome, I like so much the features and facilities of Shinomiya.

I hope that Weekly Shonen Jump gives the possibility to continue the series without a hitch, because I think this series has the right cards to do well. The ranks are quite good and furthermore next week Koisome Momiji will have a color page.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koisome Momiji by Miura Tadahiro and Sakamoto Tsugirou

Count me in too, I have really been enjoying Momiji. It's very genuine, the feelings seem so natural and unforced. Personally, I prefer Sana to Nana. Nana is to much of a honey trap. Not that I dislike the character, she's a great character and adds a lot to the story. I'm still rooting for Sana, she's really adorable, and a worthy romance lead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Personally, I prefer Sana to Nana. Nana is to much of a honey trap. Not that I dislike the character, she's a great character and adds a lot to the story. I'm still rooting for Sana, she's really adorable, and a worthy romance lead.
    Perhaps it wasn't clear but I also took up for Shinomiya. Nana-chan is gorgeous both as a character who as a girl, just look at Chap.10 to understand that. However after reading Chap.10 I was too impressed by the shyness of Shinomiya, the scene of the dressing rooms was epic as is the character of Kyouko-san.

Anyway after reading also Chap.11 I expect an amazing color page for the next chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really liking Nana-chan she really is a great character, but for some reason I'm still rooting for Sana and I see I'm not the only one.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Special Jump NEXT! chapter

Spoiler show

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this series has ended.

When I actually sat down and read this recently I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Sadly, me enjoying a new jump series seems to have become like the "kiss of death". Still, Koisome Momiji managed to conclude with relative grace despite the circumstances. It ended up being a solid 28 chapter love story.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 01, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I loved this (hence me doing a pod about it, natch), and I gotta love how even though it was cancelled only just over half a year in it feels like it reached a really natural ending. Now I just wish I didn't feel so sad about Yui, character find of 2012

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

So the scanlator managed to release the last three chapters. I like all of them, it makes the ending more.. solid and beautiful than it was.

New Reply