Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: People that can fight against beast from Gourmet World

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko People that can fight against beast from Gourmet World

So I was reading the Toriko volume that I have. And in the data for Asura Tiger, it stated that "There are less than 20 people from the human world that can fight against the beast from Gourmet World." Any speculation on who they are?

It's stated before chapter 138. In the other word, this is before Toriko and Zebra cook Mellow cola together. As such, the four king that shows their ability to beat the four beast doesn't count, because that's a long time later.

Jirou/Setsuno/Midora/Ichiryuu should all be one of those people. But that is only if they are from the human world. From the way I read it, if they are born in Gourmet World, they don't count.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: People that can fight against beast from Gourmet World

Shigematsu, Some of the chefs, Mansam, IGO Branch Chiefs... Rapp, some of the 0th biotope members.
    So there's probably well over 20 of them.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think it's quite over 20 people.
    If we only count 0th Biotope, Acacia's disciples, Shigematsu, Mansam, Setsuno, Zaus, top dogs from Bishokukai and Joa and that 4th National Treasure the Saisaya, then it should be considerably more than 20. We might also include Dharma Hermit, since the guy also seems to be damn strong if he teached Zebra...
    I would also now count the likes of Zebra, Toriko and Sani. Also Staarjun and possibly Teppei, since he was always a bit stronger individually than any of the Heavenly Kings. And I think Buranchi also can be conuted here. Especially since his ability is damn strong.
    And we don't even know all the strong guys.

P.S. I think, when Shimabakuro said about those 20 people, he might not have planned so far away. Or maybe it's just my impression.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

It say straight in the manga volume extra page that there's less than 20 at least at the time that Toriko and Zebra get the Mellow Cola. So at least it's a confirmed fact. I'm not speculating anything, really. Anyone who have volume 16 can check it. It's in the Asura Tiger information page.

Dharma Hermit might be from Gourmet World, so he might not count. Also anyone who's from there would not count. It just say 20 from the human world.

Of course, anyone who also gain power after that chapter would not have count in that 20. Also, I know that some 0th Isotope member is already reveal at that time. It's 20 people from human world at that time, and people that train would not have count toward this total.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's because there are people who pretend to be weak at that time. Just like Uumen Umeda. At first I thougt he was just like Komatsu who would tremble and run whenever faced with terrifying beasts. But in the current arc, he was revealed to be quite strong. Though we're not sure if he's a GW level or not.

Among the other chefs, I think most of them including some or most of those in the top 20 won't stand a chance in GW during the Gourmet Pyramid's time.
    The Bishokuyas, I think even Zebra would have a difficulty in entering GW during that time. And there aren't any other strong Bishokuyas that was introduced at that time except the 3 disciples and the HKs.

The Bishokukais, we're not sure if they're really humans. They are freaks. So they probably did not come from the human world.

The only human that I'm more than 100% sure that is included in the list would be Zonge. I wouldn't doubt his capability of handling GW beasts. I even believe that he's the mastermind behind NEO. I can't wait for that to be revealed. I can see the 3 disciples together with the 4 HKs joining forces just to take him down.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think author really might not have planned that far at the point, when he stated that only 20 people from Human World can handle beasts from Gourmet World.
    And it seems that Setsuno and Acacia's Disciples are from the Human World. Only those who live in Dharma Hermit's village seem to not be from the Human World, but well, they should originally be from the Human World anyway.

About the chefs... Well, there are quite some people among them who can handle Gourmet World beasts, since their level varies quite seriously. I would argue those who are in top 10 might be able to handle most of the low-level Gourmet World's beasts. And those who are from 11 to 20, can also fight some of them.

About Bishokukai... Well, most of them seem to be humans. The thing is, that they overplayed with Gourmet Cells, thus causing such a reasult. So now most of them look like freacks, but they were humans to begin with, they just mutated due to overusage of Gourmet Cells and mabe due to their evil nature or some other things. I believe it might be revealed a bit later.

New Reply