Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: About Komatsu's Growth!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About Komatsu's Growth!

@Jorge
    i know setsuno has high physical abilities too...but mentioning that every high level character has gourmet cells would be better to clear this confusion...anyways we will see its confirmation in time..if komatsu gets gourmet cells then everyone has it and if he does it without them then its a different story...but its quite hard to believe that he can survive gourmet world in his current condition...coz he is too weak...

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    I so see the IGO coming up with some type of Super suit proto-type, for Komatsu for him to be able to travel to the Gourmet World..I believe we all had hopes for him when they ate the Poison Potato and he got all muscular too, it was kinda scary but I'm sure everybody was like Yay Komatsu may be able to sprint, and jump up tree and shit, but no lol that wasn't the case...I see him wearing a super proto-type suit only thing that makes sense to me...

But The 1st day of the cooking Festival we get to see the Top tier Chefs of the Human world very very interesting to see so man different cooks and be given their specialty, that was kool. What i'm concerned with or pondering at the moment is that Komatsu and Toriko have meet up with many of these Chef's already. My question to you guy is does Komatsu deserve to be ranked at 88 amongst these Chefs?? Most of these Chef's are still above Komatsu's cooking skills of course but I believe he received his rank 1.He revived Century Soup 2.Simplified Medical Mochi in 5mins and made it possible to save all 300million 3.He discovered Mor's Oil.....1st 2 plays the biggest part if you ask me but..My thing is he's also Simplified food's that were only suppose to be eaten if you've mastered or know Food Honor and come to find out Chiriu who stated he was jealous of komatsu is ranked at #15...Also Livebearer is ranked pretty high and Komatsu needed just a little assistance from him..I believe Komatsu's actually skill level as a Chef is above 88 where he's been placed for now..These are just my thoughts but Komatsu has been around the best Chef's and he's been doing the same type of cooking more proficiently and tastier.
    you just dont get into the top by showing few things...you can imagine other chefs also got those positions by doing many crazy stuffs like these only...its just author does not bother explaining everything about them...imo rank 88 is perfect...and its about experience too...komatsu being genius will make him reach top faster...but he cant just overcome what other chefs achieved in time with experience with few feats of achievement...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    @Jorgeyou just dont get into the top by showing few things...you can imagine other chefs also got those positions by doing many crazy stuffs like these only...its just author does not bother explaining everything about them...imo rank 88 is perfect...and its about experience too...komatsu being genius will make him reach top faster...but he cant just overcome what other chefs achieved in time with experience with few feats of achievement...
    Yea but we don't know many of the Tops Chef's cooking feats yet. Just vaguely, however these Top 10 chef's are impressed,amazed and even Chiruo who's #15 envious of komatsu who just got nominated to #88 that's a huge gap. I Think Komatsu real skills as a Chef are actually higher maybe 60' Imo. These Top ranking Chef's run famous resteraunts and produce food with magnificent taste. His friend was placed what #100 because of the Media attention and taste of his food alone. Skill, Taste, and some type of contribution to the Gorumet Age gets you placed within the Top 100 chef's of the world.....I think we're gonna see Komatsu take a higher ranking after this Festival

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

To really bump your score in the ranking you gotta wow the populace and the world like what komatsu did. Discovering new resources and techniques will only raise you a point or so. bUt something significant like saving millions of life thru cooking will get you the recognition needed to really jump the ranking. I mean almost every ranked chef can do what komatsu can (technique wise) but what makes you special is the thing that only you can do and how much its worth to the cooking world. Like for example if you can slice the unslicable fruit you certainly have skill and worthy of mention. If your fruit can power up the worlds power generator you surely get ranked higher but if your fruit just taste good you probably get sponsors

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Yea but we don't know many of the Tops Chef's cooking feats yet. Just vaguely, however these Top 10 chef's are impressed,amazed and even Chiruo who's #15 envious of komatsu who just got nominated to #88 that's a huge gap. I Think Komatsu real skills as a Chef are actually higher maybe 60' Imo. These Top ranking Chef's run famous resteraunts and produce food with magnificent taste. His friend was placed what #100 because of the Media attention and taste of his food alone. Skill, Taste, and some type of contribution to the Gorumet Age gets you placed within the Top 100 chef's of the world.....I think we're gonna see Komatsu take a higher ranking after this Festival
    definitely komatsus skills are way higher than many chefs above him in rankings...but as entry in top 100 its good enough...with time and his level of genius he will outrun the chefs above him someday...even in expect his rank to rise in this tournament...but im not sure if rankings will even matter after this one coz this arc may lead komatsu and 4 kings to enter gourmet world ...one day komatsu will directly gain the top spot by cooking "god" dish once the story goes in gourmet world...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, while I don't think Komatsu would actually ask for Gourmet Cell, I believe that it is a posibility that, if the Bishokukai successfully kidnapped him, they might give him Gourmet Cells implants, in order to upgrade his performance, like what they did with Ootake. How he'll turn out afterwards, if he gains ay mutations or something, I have no idea. But if Toriko and/or the other 3 HK manage to save him, then Komatsu may actually be able to survive in the GourmetWorld.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    You know, while I don't think Komatsu would actually ask for Gourmet Cell, I believe that it is a posibility that, if the Bishokukai successfully kidnapped him, they might give him Gourmet Cells implants, in order to upgrade his performance, like what they did with Ootake. How he'll turn out afterwards, if he gains ay mutations or something, I have no idea. But if Toriko and/or the other 3 HK manage to save him, then Komatsu may actually be able to survive in the GourmetWorld.
    Actually, I could see that work, I have even an idea about this : The Bishokukai succeed into kidnapping a shitload of cooks including Komatsu, and go back to their headquarters, I could even see Midora being amazed by Komatsu's talent and give him special attention. Now, 0th Biothope + 4HK + other Bishokuya perhaps. Anyway, some big fight unsue mainly between 0th Biothope members and top management guys in the Bishokukai, and the 4HK are given the task to save the cooks, the operation is a success with one major loss though : Ichiryuu. Killed by Midora, the rest are escaping, while the Bishokukai are tending to their wounds, and then Toriko and Komatsu begin their GW experience

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Actually, I could see that work, I have even an idea about this : The Bishokukai succeed into kidnapping a shitload of cooks including Komatsu, and go back to their headquarters, I could even see Midora being amazed by Komatsu's talent and give him special attention. Now, 0th Biothope + 4HK + other Bishokuya perhaps. Anyway, some big fight unsue mainly between 0th Biothope members and top management guys in the Bishokukai, and the 4HK are given the task to save the cooks, the operation is a success with one major loss though : Ichiryuu. Killed by Midora, the rest are escaping, while the Bishokukai are tending to their wounds, and then Toriko and Komatsu begin their GW experience
    that can very well be true...but i have a feeling that starjun might have come to komatsu first to prevent his capture... he knows that komatsu is not that famous (rank wise he is 88 so he is pretty ok) and not capturing him right now wont be a big deal for bishokukais... i say this coz starjun knows about komatsu's resolve to walk his own path and he also knows that toriko and komatsu form a perfect combo...imo starjun sees toriko-komatsu pair as his rivals who he want grow to their max potential and then crush them in gourmet world at his full power...now he has ootake who can be his combo partner...so he would want a fair combo fight with toriko-komatsu...for this reason he would not want to capture komatsu and hinder his growth...maybe he came first to komatsu to somehow put him out of the picture and capture other more famous chefs with ranks lower than 50... just a hunch...

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't get that impression. Starjun respects Komatsu and Toriko, but he isn't their friend. I have a feeling that Starjun targeted Komatsu first because Ootake asked him to.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is a possibility that he wants to provoke Toriko by targeting Komatsu in order to see Toriko's full power.

Though there are tons of different possibilities and I do believe we are going to have an incredible chapter this week. And we might see something from Komatsu. Maybe he has his Derouth knife with him and some of his instincts will tell him to try to use it on Staajun.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, there is a possibility that he wants to provoke Toriko by targeting Komatsu in order to see Toriko's full power.
    yes even i think the same...
    imo he wont kidnap komatsu but before sparing him he would definitely test torikos growth...i still dont feel that its the arc in which toriko-starjun final showdown takes place...they will have a final fight in the giurmet world...

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    No, I don't get that impression. Starjun respects Komatsu and Toriko, but he isn't their friend. I have a feeling that Starjun targeted Komatsu first because Ootake asked him to.
    ootake has got nothing much to do with starjun - toriko/komatsu chemistry...starjun has a history with them which goes way long back since the beginning of toriko...

before gourmet temple (food luck) arc starjun met toriko/komatsu and he had a perfect chance to get rid of them both...but he didnt...all he said was that when there is showdown for God we will fight to our hearts content...the only key factor here is that starjun expects toriko/komatsu to grow as he knows their potential and he would not want to hinder their path in any way except for making them aware of their current condition (weakness)...starjun just like grinpatch want toriko/komatsu to grow to their max potential and then devour them
    Last edited by dex; January 09, 2013 at 06:29 AM.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

It is possible Starjun went for Komatsu because he knows his potential, something other Bishokukai don't and would probably overlook. He wants to secure him first, and also he knows he can't resist much. It is also possible that his intention is to provoke Toriko into the fight, but given their clear objective (to capture chefs) and that the time for their final showdown is not yet upon us, it's less likely.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    It is possible Starjun went for Komatsu because he knows his potential, something other Bishokukai don't and would probably overlook. He wants to secure him first, and also he knows he can't resist much. It is also possible that his intention is to provoke Toriko into the fight, but given their clear objective (to capture chefs) and that the time for their final showdown is not yet upon us, it's less likely.
    Staarjun already acknowledged Komatsu's talent since Jewel Meat arc when he saw his knife, and even confirmed it another time when he said that there's talented chefs outside of the top 100 (in answer to Niceny's order to get the top 100 cooks fast)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kraidazen's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

one thing is for sure: komatsu would grow to a point that even midora would take notice on him and when starjun takes komatsu, he will be bound to notice him

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

When i remember Komatsu at gourmet piramid, he takes knife and defends from escarjago(monster), and then at shinigami cave he takes the lead and gets shinigami fish, and i see him now crying when Toriko gets litlle beaten, makes me wish that Zonge learns how to coock and replace him

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ruki92x's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kraidazen View Post
    one thing is for sure: komatsu would grow to a point that even midora would take notice on him and when starjun takes komatsu, he will be bound to notice him
    Yes so true.
    I tjink midora will take notice soon of Komatsu.

In one of the latest chapters joejoe said something about capturing a certain cook. That can be Komatsu.
    Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, let’s never break up.
    Oh my lady, lady, lady, lady, lady, I truly love you so much.
    Shawty, shawty, shawty, shawty, shawty, I choose only you.
    My tears and that little smile comes from you.

- Super Junior: From u

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast