Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter !!

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

    2 1.92%
  • 2 (Average)

    16 15.38%
  • 3 (Good)

    34 32.69%
  • 4 (Great!)

    38 36.54%
  • 5 (Epic)

    13 12.50%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

    1 0.96%
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 145

Thread: One Piece 670 Discussion

  1. #106
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    after defeating CC and the slime,and probably monet too, law will surely tell the SHs about that problem of his, and then joker will be introduced. rest assured that we will have to see joker's defeat before law's plan's explanation
    What problem?

    After defeating Caesar, Law will explain his plan to defeat a Yonkou to the Strawhats. Very helpfully, the author fully revealed what will happen next here, when Law explains exactly what is going to happen next.

    What makes you think Joker will be explained before Law's plan is revealed? If Joker is explained, what makes you believe he will be relevant to the story any time soon? Are you basing this prediction on clues from the actual manga, or are you merely making a conjecture based on nothing at all? What reason is there to believe that mention of Joker has been anything more than foreshadowing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    The Slime was created by CC by compressing the gas explosion that happened 4 years ago... Gas explosion... Gas gas fruit. That explosion itself was most likely CC's doing, and then instead of containing all the gas in his body again, like he said, he changed it into Slime. To say that Slime's is part of CC power. So they appearing at the same time, like some said, really hints that they can fight together, and maybe even combine as Razh said. And it will be faced by the SH, imo most likely the monster trio alone because of the lack of haki from the rest, Law will stay out of it because, like he said, he can't face CC himself for some reason.
    How did you manage to guess that Caesar was responsible for the incident that contaminated Punk Hazard? A truly remarkable feat of deductive reasoning. Actually, that's been explained multiple times, it's not really much of a prediction. Law mentions it here. It was mentioned before that, and likely after too, but I'm to lazy to search for every mention. And while not unreasonable to think that he and the slime can merge, I sincerely hope not. While I enjoyed Vultron as a kid, I can't really say I would savor seeing One Piece pay tribute. Besides, should they merge, who would Zoro and company fight? Looks like Oda set up Zoro, Brook, and Sanji vs. the Slimes main body, while Luffy takes on CC, with Law and Chopper fighting Monet.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #107
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner robtheyonko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    If Slime was created by CC DF power then it stands to reason that if they defeat CC then Slime will die. I mean so far Slime hasn't shown any weaknesses, if it comes in contact with a person then they die, and if you try to burn it then it explodes, and lastly since it doesn't a solid form it will either A: regenerate if it actually takes a hit, or B: just separate into mini Slimes. There hasn't been any conclusive evidence of what I am saying is true but it makes sense to me that Slime's life is connected to CC.

  4. #108
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    What problem?

    After defeating Caesar, Law will explain his plan to defeat a Yonkou to the Strawhats. Very helpfully, the author fully revealed what will happen next here, when Law explains exactly what is going to happen next.

    What makes you think Joker will be explained before Law's plan is revealed? If Joker is explained, what makes you believe he will be relevant to the story any time soon? Are you basing this prediction on clues from the actual manga, or are you merely making a conjecture based on nothing at all? What reason is there to believe that mention of Joker has been anything more than foreshadowing?
    I think so because they have to solve that problem of law,which is,in my opinion,the fact his crew was kidnapped and taken as hostage by joker,hence he will explain that problem as the first step of his plan. Kaiten,you are too confident in yourself,and always treat others' theories as if they were wrong,but in this way you may have some nasty surprises...

  5. #109
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The land of Dreaming
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    How did you manage to guess that Caesar was responsible for the incident that contaminated Punk Hazard? A truly remarkable feat of deductive reasoning. Actually, that's been explained multiple times, it's not really much of a prediction. Law mentions it here. It was mentioned before that, and likely after too, but I'm to lazy to search for every mention. And while not unreasonable to think that he and the slime can merge, I sincerely hope not. While I enjoyed Vultron as a kid, I can't really say I would savor seeing One Piece pay tribute. Besides, should they merge, who would Zoro and company fight? Looks like Oda set up Zoro, Brook, and Sanji vs. the Slimes main body, while Luffy takes on CC, with Law and Chopper fighting Monet.
    Yeah my bad, don't know why I got the idea that 4 years ago an "accident" instead of an "incident" happened, and I didn't check. So my idea was more to point out that it wasn't really an "accident" but something planned by CC to happen. Now about CC fusing with the Slime, well they are both made up of Gas, the slime's very existence comes from CC, more specifically from his Devil Fruit. So they fighting in some way together is likely, CC didn't show up at the same time as the Slime for no reason. Remember that Crocodile was specially dangerous in the desert because he was fighting in his element, the Slime for me, is a way for CC to fight always in his "element", through the Slime he can actually make his element present whenever he needs it. (At least in PH).

    As for Zoro, Sanji and Brook fighting the Slime, maybe they wont, they don't seem very concerned with it, and they have to save the Samurai. PH is just a sub-arc, and in sub-arcs is not uncommon for some SH to not have major battles. Also the Slime being made up of Gas, just like CC, to fight it you probably need Haki to "coat" yourself into, and Brook doesn't have it, at least according to Luffy. I actually would like more to see Zoro facing Tashigi, even if she is no match for him, it's always funny to see them together. I also would like to see Sanji dueling the Samurai like he said but maybe if that happens at all, maybe it happens later, after they save the kids and his son.

  6. #110
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    It's really interesting to think who may be able to really put Law under so much pressure, that he can not even follow his own desire !

    As far as we know right now, Law is one of the most powerful characters so far, not just going by bounty (which is no real indicator for strength) but also his devil fruit is just really insane!

    I personally think it's not CC who posseses the control over law, but definetly Joker who uses Law for supporting CC who on the other hand develops everything Joker wants!

    In my opinion Joker is going to be explained in about 5-8 chapters from now on !

  7. #111
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new york
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    this arc must be the beginning to something really out of the mind.
    cause right now i dont see ppl strong enough to beat the SH's. i mean in the past. in every arc, we was like. aaaawwwww how they going to beat this such strong ppls. and we see that they win almost by luck. but now they like the villains. over power as hell.

    a bad guy come. they do all the attack and all the SH's member, they start to counter all the attack to the point were they do 1 hit k.o.

    the kidd pirate are the perfect match for the SH's. like they have the same ppl for opponent. like 2 nova are in that crew and SH's have 2 nova. the other 2 nova have the second stronger in that crew who is like a swordsman.(killer) match for zoro and kidd for luffy. kidd can make hes arm of iron and luffy as well. perfect match.
    and for the look of it. they on the way of big mom. so they must be the opponent for then before big mom.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

  8. #112
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lionheart555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    this arc must be the beginning to something really out of the mind.
    cause right now i dont see ppl strong enough to beat the SH's. i mean in the past. in every arc, we was like. aaaawwwww how they going to beat this such strong ppls. and we see that they win almost by luck. but now they like the villains. over power as hell.

    a bad guy come. they do all the attack and all the SH's member, they start to counter all the attack to the point were they do 1 hit k.o.

    the kidd pirate are the perfect match for the SH's. like they have the same ppl for opponent. like 2 nova are in that crew and SH's have 2 nova. the other 2 nova have the second stronger in that crew who is like a swordsman.(killer) match for zoro and kidd for luffy. kidd can make hes arm of iron and luffy as well. perfect match.
    and for the look of it. they on the way of big mom. so they must be the opponent for then before big mom.
    If you remember the very beginning of One piece, Luffy was one shotting people too.

    These guys Straw Hat pirates are fighting are just an introduction to the new world. And if you haven't noticed, Law is not a straw hat and he just gained a huge edge over Smoker. We could very likely see a Luffy vs Law battle sometime in the future even if right now they are working together.

  9. #113
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by robtheyonko View Post
    If Slime was created by CC DF power then it stands to reason that if they defeat CC then Slime will die. I mean so far Slime hasn't shown any weaknesses, if it comes in contact with a person then they die, and if you try to burn it then it explodes, and lastly since it doesn't a solid form it will either A: regenerate if it actually takes a hit, or B: just separate into mini Slimes. There hasn't been any conclusive evidence of what I am saying is true but it makes sense to me that Slime's life is connected to CC.
    You seem to be mistaken on one point: the slime is not necessarily created with CC's DF power. While that is a plausible explanation it is by no means correct, nor even hinted at in the manga. CC was a chemical weapons expert, there is just as good a chance the slime has no connection to his DF power.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I think so because they have to solve that problem of law,which is,in my opinion,the fact his crew was kidnapped and taken as hostage by joker,hence he will explain that problem as the first step of his plan. Kaiten,you are too confident in yourself,and always treat others' theories as if they were wrong,but in this way you may have some nasty surprises...
    You seem to be confusing fan speculation with actual events in the manga. There was a single, contextless line here, where Law says "We Both Have Things We Need to Get Back". The Heart Pirates being kidnapped is nothing more than speculation at Mangahelpers based on that single line. There is nothing, not a single line of dialog connecting the Law or the Heart Pirates to Joker, there has not even been speculation about that here. That's something you just made up. Law has only referenced Joker once, warning CC not to even tell Joker he was on Punk Hazard, here. What basis do you even have to say that Joker kidnapped the Heart Pirates?

    Quote Originally Posted by Textmarker View Post
    It's really interesting to think who may be able to really put Law under so much pressure, that he can not even follow his own desire !

    As far as we know right now, Law is one of the most powerful characters so far, not just going by bounty (which is no real indicator for strength) but also his devil fruit is just really insane!

    I personally think it's not CC who posseses the control over law, but definetly Joker who uses Law for supporting CC who on the other hand develops everything Joker wants!

    In my opinion Joker is going to be explained in about 5-8 chapters from now on !
    Where are you getting this

    Could you further explain where you are getting this from, because it sounds like you too are confusing fan speculation with events from the manga. There has not been even the smallest hint that anyone is controlling Law, threatened him, or his crew. Speculation regarding the latter has been fueled exclusively by the link I provided above. All indications are that Law came to the island of his own free will, looking for government research notes containing information about the "important key" to defeating a Yonkou, located at Punk Hazard. Please expand on your prediction: what makes you think anyone, be it CC or Joker, controls Law.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #114
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    nobody needs haki to beat that slime.. luffy already fought one before he could even use haki.. that green guy which name i forgot.. sanji just gave him flour/starch.. xD but anyway cc already said its weakness..

    its become really hard to predict the upcoming episodes as there's so much that could happen.. as law mentioned after the capture of cc everything will move fast.. how fast is he talking about.. i mean if its fast fast then who ever predicts that the SH will go to wano island should forget that.. i want to see some big shot enemy..
    Anyone wants to see Law vs Buggy?

  12. #115
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by stalin View Post
    nobody needs haki to beat that slime.. luffy already fought one before he could even use haki.. that green guy which name i forgot.. sanji just gave him flour/starch.. xD but anyway cc already said its weakness..

    its become really hard to predict the upcoming episodes as there's so much that could happen.. as law mentioned after the capture of cc everything will move fast.. how fast is he talking about.. i mean if its fast fast then who ever predicts that the SH will go to wano island should forget that.. i want to see some big shot enemy..
    Are you talking about the candy guy from the movie?

    As for Logia's they all have their weakness, like Enel was beaten by Luffy even without haki. But for CC and the slime I am pretty sure they would need Haki since they don't have anyone in their group that can counter the the DF power of CC unless they posses haki. As for the slime they can pretty much freeze if or if they beat CC they might be able to get him to stop the slime. But as of now haki seems to be the only option for them other than trying to freeze him by luring him into the frozen sea.

    Wonder if smokey can counter the gas effect of CC, I mean they are both pretty much gas so he should be able to push back the poison gas.

  13. #116
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    There has not been even the smallest hint that anyone is controlling Law, threatened him, or his crew.
    No, but for some reason currently unknown to us, Law can't capture CC himself.


    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/669/15

  14. #117
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Hm, could the fight against Slime and CC be over in Ch.671 already? With Slime being close to the location of Kinemon, Sanji, Zoro and Brook - at the midway lake - I think it may be only a matter of time until they figure out Slime being weak to water. Like Zoro starts off with 380 Pound Cannon and whirls up some water and then finishes off Slime with a water soaked Kokujou Outatsumaki. But after all, I think it's too easy somehow. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by stalin View Post
    nobody needs haki to beat that slime.. luffy already fought one before he could even use haki.. that green guy which name i forgot.. sanji just gave him flour/starch.. xD but anyway cc already said its weakness..
    Even though Oda created that character, Gasparde is anime-only (thus filler) with his candy syrop logia.

    Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    No, but for some reason currently unknown to us, Law can't capture CC himself.


    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/669/15
    Most likely because Law knows that Monet could tell Joker?

  15. #118
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    I guess I missed something very important, can someone tell me who this Joker guy is or is he and CC the same person?

  16. #119
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    I guess I missed something very important, can someone tell me who this Joker guy is or is he and CC the same person?
    Joker is someone in the marines of G-5, who works together with CC. Joker altered the reports of the child kidnappings to hide CCs work on Punk Hazard.
    Law somehow knows about Joker, too.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #120
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stalin View Post
    nobody needs haki to beat that slime.. luffy already fought one before he could even use haki.. that green guy which name i forgot.. sanji just gave him flour/starch.. xD but anyway cc already said its weakness..

    its become really hard to predict the upcoming episodes as there's so much that could happen.. as law mentioned after the capture of cc everything will move fast.. how fast is he talking about.. i mean if its fast fast then who ever predicts that the SH will go to wano island should forget that.. i want to see some big shot enemy..
    Haki is needed to defeat CC, not the slime. His gas logia can not be grasped without haki, otherwise rendering any physical attacks useless. Non-haki users could not touch him.

    No real need to speculate how the slime will be defeated, Caesar already revealed it's weakness to the audience: it's weak against water. Zoro, Sanji, and Brook will somehow figure that out and defeat the main body before it can finish crossing the lake.

    I don't think that is what Law meant by "fast". The actual fight against the Yonkou will be slow and deliberate, he "didn't say that we could fell a Yonkou just like that...!! If we take things one step at a time and go with my strategy, [he's] saying that the chance might present itself...!! (Ch. 668, P.2). When he said "fast", he meant that once the plan is executed events will transpire so quickly that "there will be no turning back", he was offering Luffy a "...last chance to back out" (url=http://www.batoto.net/read/_/103954/one-piece_ch668_by_mangarule/13]Ch. 668, P.13[/url]). He did not mean that they could sail directly from Punk Hazard to the Yonkou's headquarters. Big Mom has been shown to control multiple islands and have a large fleet. Chances are this will be a multi-island arc in the mold of Baroque Works or the Sabaody-Amazon Lilly-Impel Down-Marineford.

    Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    Joker is someone in the marines of G-5, who works together with CC. Joker altered the reports of the child kidnappings to hide CCs work on Punk Hazard.
    Law somehow knows about Joker, too.
    Law is a Shichibukai, a government official. He could have used his position to snoop around and find as much information about Punk Hazard as possible. Punk Hazard is not on the map, nor is it logged. He had to discover it by other means, he could have learned about CC and Joker while investigating records for the location of the island.

    Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    No, but for some reason currently unknown to us, Law can't capture CC himself.


    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/669/15
    That does not mean he is controlled by CC. Clearly he is not. He has blithely been doing whatever he chooses: researching the notes left at the island, confronting marines, attacking CC's subordinates, attacking the Yeti Cool Brothers, and forming alliances with Luffy. Not once has Caesar given him orders or controlled him in any way. Funny how despite being "controlled" by Caesar, Law seems to be the one giving the orders when they first met. Obviously there is no reason to believe Joker controls Law. It would be quite a stretch to assume that because Law knows of Joker, that Joker controls Law.
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts