Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter !!

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

    2 1.92%
  • 2 (Average)

    16 15.38%
  • 3 (Good)

    34 32.69%
  • 4 (Great!)

    38 36.54%
  • 5 (Epic)

    13 12.50%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

    1 0.96%
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 145

Thread: One Piece 670 Discussion

  1. #121
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    You seem to be confusing fan speculation with actual events in the manga. There was a single, contextless line here, where Law says "We Both Have Things We Need to Get Back". The Heart Pirates being kidnapped is nothing more than speculation at Mangahelpers based on that single line. There is nothing, not a single line of dialog connecting the Law or the Heart Pirates to Joker, there has not even been speculation about that here. That's something you just made up. Law has only referenced Joker once, warning CC not to even tell Joker he was on Punk Hazard, here. What basis do you even have to say that Joker kidnapped the Heart Pirates?
    as you said,those are just speculations.I believe them because when luffy asked law about bebo,he just ignored him. moreover,there's that thing you posted too,that is the fact law wants something back. furthermore,how can a pirate like law know about someone in the government who helps CC?? I think they came in contact,that's why if joker knew that law is here,something bad to law would happen.

  2. #122
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Aw man... The whole time, there was something fishy to me in the aftermath of Smoker's and Law's fight as it didn't make much sense not to kill them off when they were defenseless upon Smoker being unconscious and Tashigi attacking Law in rage... He's a Shichibukai after all and shouldn't have been in trouble if someone learned about that.

    Remember when Law told CC (and Monet) not to tell Joker about him showing up on Punk Hazard? With Joker likely being the spy in G-5 and the one responsible for faking reports, it's almost a given that Joker would learn about Law being there - due to Smoker's and Tashigi's report upon their return (I think it's out of any question they are going to get back to G5 after this arc).

    But now: Law has something to give them in return for not mentioning him been seen on Punk Hazard... like he slowed down the Strawhats with shambling the personalities, Law likely switched Smoker and Tashigi for the same reason, couldn't he?

    Spoiler: prediction arc aftermath show
    Last edited by hoeru; June 12, 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: s<>d typo

  3. #123
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The land of Dreaming
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Haki is needed to defeat CC, not the slime. His gas logia can not be grasped without haki, otherwise rendering any physical attacks useless. Non-haki users could not touch him.

    No real need to speculate how the slime will be defeated, Caesar already revealed it's weakness to the audience: it's weak against water. Zoro, Sanji, and Brook will somehow figure that out and defeat the main body before it can finish crossing the lake.

    I don't think that is what Law meant by "fast". The actual fight against the Yonkou will be slow and deliberate, he "didn't say that we could fell a Yonkou just like that...!! If we take things one step at a time and go with my strategy, [he's] saying that the chance might present itself...!! (Ch. 668, P.2). When he said "fast", he meant that once the plan is executed events will transpire so quickly that "there will be no turning back", he was offering Luffy a "...last chance to back out" (url=http://www.batoto.net/read/_/103954/one-piece_ch668_by_mangarule/13]Ch. 668, P.13[/url]). He did not mean that they could sail directly from Punk Hazard to the Yonkou's headquarters. Big Mom has been shown to control multiple islands and have a large fleet. Chances are this will be a multi-island arc in the mold of Baroque Works or the Sabaody-Amazon Lilly-Impel Down-Marineford.



    Law is a Shichibukai, a government official. He could have used his position to snoop around and find as much information about Punk Hazard as possible. Punk Hazard is not on the map, nor is it logged. He had to discover it by other means, he could have learned about CC and Joker while investigating records for the location of the island.



    That does not mean he is controlled by CC. Clearly he is not. He has blithely been doing whatever he chooses: researching the notes left at the island, confronting marines, attacking CC's subordinates, attacking the Yeti Cool Brothers, and forming alliances with Luffy. Not once has Caesar given him orders or controlled him in any way. Funny how despite being "controlled" by Caesar, Law seems to be the one giving the orders when they first met. Obviously there is no reason to believe Joker controls Law. It would be quite a stretch to assume that because Law knows of Joker, that Joker controls Law.
    "Zoro, Sanji, and Brook will somehow figure that out and defeat the main body before it can finish crossing the lake." You say that as if it was a fact when it is just your opinion of what will happen. About the Slime, CC did say it's weak against water (or better that is doesn't like it) but that is a common thing about DF, and as I said, the Slime is probably a product of CC ability. Now if Haki is needed or not to defeat it, we don't know for sure, so again don't say "no" as if it was a fact.

    About the rest of the post I pretty much agree with it. Law is a well informed individual, being a Shishibukai he has privilegd access to certain information, him knowing about Joker doesn't mean he had directly contact with him at all. Like he himself said to CC, he is no ignorant fool, and researched about PH before going there. If indeed the things he wants to get back is his crew, then imo the one who is helding them is the Yonkou (most likely Big Mom) that's why Law can't attack CC directly (probably because as discussed ealier, CC works for/with that Yonkou) but at the same time needs to get CC to be able to defeat the Yonkou and get his crew back.

    Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    the kidd pirate are the perfect match for the SH's. like they have the same ppl for opponent. like 2 nova are in that crew and SH's have 2 nova. the other 2 nova have the second stronger in that crew who is like a swordsman.(killer) match for zoro and kidd for luffy. kidd can make hes arm of iron and luffy as well. perfect match.
    and for the look of it. they on the way of big mom. so they must be the opponent for then before big mom.
    I don't think Kidd will be an antagonist just yet, he is targeting Big Mom as well, so what's more likely imo is that we will see Luffy, Law and Kidd again fighting together to defeat Big Mom before going their own ways again and become enemies/rivals once more.

  4. #124
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Textmarker View Post
    It's really interesting to think who may be able to really put Law under so much pressure, that he can not even follow his own desire !

    As far as we know right now, Law is one of the most powerful characters so far, not just going by bounty (which is no real indicator for strength) but also his devil fruit is just really insane!

    I personally think it's not CC who posseses the control over law, but definetly Joker who uses Law for supporting CC who on the other hand develops everything Joker wants!

    In my opinion Joker is going to be explained in about 5-8 chapters from now on !
    Law is not being controlled by anyone , at least we don't have any info or hint regarding that. You could say that Law is the one trying to control people . He's smart and from all the things he's done so far it's obvious he's trying to reach the top with discretion and with the help of various people , Luffy included

    I'm looking forward hearing more about his plan and i hope this whole thing with his crew will be explained sooner or later .

    About the fight with Slime , i would like to see Nami showing off a little . I mean if water is really that creature's weak point she's just perfect to deal with it .

  5. #125
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Since Crocodile was able to manipulate sand, CC is able to manipulate gaz, did it help when he created the slime or was it just because of a scientific failure ? I wouldn't be surprised if his ability helped in the process. Moreover since he call him a pet. Him being able to handle the slime is almost certainly due to his devil fruit.

  6. #126
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    as you said,those are just speculations.I believe them because when luffy asked law about bebo,he just ignored him. moreover,there's that thing you posted too,that is the fact law wants something back. furthermore,how can a pirate like law know about someone in the government who helps CC?? I think they came in contact,that's why if joker knew that law is here,something bad to law would happen.
    Law is not a Pirate, he is a Shichibukai Of course he would know people in the World Government and Marine.

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Since Crocodile was able to manipulate sand, CC is able to manipulate gaz, did it help when he created the slime or was it just because of a scientific failure ? I wouldn't be surprised if his ability helped in the process. Moreover since he call him a pet. Him being able to handle the slime is almost certainly due to his devil fruit.
    It would not surprise me if Caesar used his gas gas no mi when creating new chemical weapons. He might have even used it in the experiment that contaminated Punk Hazard. He also could have used his DF power when he returned to Punk Hazard and condensed the remaining gas into the slime. I am not sure he can actual control the slime, he did keep the thing locked up on the opposite side of the island. I certainly hope they can't combine, that would be incredibly lame. I expect more than rehashed 80's mecha tropes from One Piece.
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 11, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

  7. #127
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I certainly hope they can't combine, that would be incredibly lame. I expect more than rehashed 80's mecha tropes from One Piece.
    Franky has the mecha combinations down, I can't see them coming from any other character in the series, ever.

  8. #128
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Law is not being controlled by anyone , at least we don't have any info or hint regarding that. You could say that Law is the one trying to control people . He's smart and from all the things he's done so far it's obvious he's trying to reach the top with discretion and with the help of various people , Luffy included

    I'm looking forward hearing more about his plan and i hope this whole thing with his crew will be explained sooner or later .

    About the fight with Slime , i would like to see Nami showing off a little . I mean if water is really that creature's weak point she's just perfect to deal with it .
    If no one has any control over Law, then why is he acting so strange and tells Luffy that he can`t face CC directly ?

    Come on there is something rising up behind the curtains no one of us will have imagined of ;-)

    That`s just how god Oda loves to play with us !! :-) ... and i`m lovin it!

  9. #129
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Law is not a Pirate, he is a Shichibukai Of course he would know people in the World Government and Marine.
    does this imply that law even knows that there is someone in the HQ who lies to the the establishment itself?? I doubt that. and about shichibukai and pirates... http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/663/4 or doflamingo who confirmed that shichibukai are pirates,not to mention smoker's sentence " a pirate remains a pirate forever!"

    ---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Aw man... The whole time, there was something fishy to me in the aftermath of Smoker's and Law's fight as it didn't make much sense not to kill them off when they were defenseless upon Smoker being unconscious and Tashigi attacking Law in rage... He's a Shichibukai after all and shouldn't have been in trouble if someone learned about that.

    Remember when Law told CC (and Monet) not to tell Joker about him showing up on Punk Hazard? With Joker likely being the spy in G-5 and the one responsible for faking reports, it's almost a given that Joker would learn about Law being there - due to Smoker's and Tashigi's report upon their return (I think it's out of any question they are going to get back to G5 after this arc).

    But now: Law has something to give them in return for not mentioning him been seen on Punk Hazard... like he slowed down the Strawhats with shambling the personalities, Law likely switched Smoker and Tashigi for the same reason, couldn't he?

    Spoiler: prediction arc aftermath show
    but remember this: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/663/19 , CC didn't want law to fight,and law prevent them from advising the HQ http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/661/16 . and he is quite confident that they won't reach the G5.

  10. #130
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Textmarker View Post
    If no one has any control over Law, then why is he acting so strange and tells Luffy that he can`t face CC directly ?
    Maybe he doesn't want to lose his shichibukai status for being on the island, that's the impression he gave from his talk with Smoker and Caesar.

    mattiaildivino
    That is what hoeru is basing his thoghts/arguments on, that and what happened after those moments, so what are you trying to say?
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  11. #131
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    I hope in the next chapter we'll see some interesting performance from CC as he shouldn't be that weak to be captured that easily. I hope he can show his abilities on Luffy. Something like laughing gas or crying gas. That would add some comedy to the chapter and may show that the guy won't be that easy to take down.
    Also it might be interesting to see what Law and Chopper are doing in the research facility, but it looks like the upcoming chapters will be based on the action with Luffy, his crew, Marines and the Slime.

  12. #132
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    hey guys dont worry about my post about the slime.. it was just a joke since all is serious about this topic..
    tomorrow we will have some answers.. =] see you guys on the next thread..
    Anyone wants to see Law vs Buggy?

  13. #133
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Would be also interesting to see this Joker guy in this Arc. It might actually be that he isn't the only one who is behind this so-called consipacy action that helps also Caesar Clown to act as he wants on Punk Hazard.
    Would be also interesting to see if Zoro, Sanji and Brook will try to take Kinemon's body out of the water or will they try to help others to take out Slime somehow?

  14. #134
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

    mattiaildivino
    That is what hoeru is basing his thoghts/arguments on, that and what happened after those moments, so what are you trying to say?
    he found weird that law hadn't killed neither smo nor tashigi. and then he came out with a theory,albeit I think it's too stretched. I wanted to reveal him the other reason which is,imo, the right one: law didn't kill them because he was confident that they wouldn't neither leave PH nor report to G-5. furthermore,he couldn't kill them,because CC hadn't received yet the permission to kill him from joker.

  15. #135
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

    i think harpy mone is going to join laws crew. i think she is going to let them examine the drugs to help the kids......not 1 female character has remained a villian and i dont think it will start now. maybe we will get a few panels of usopp and nami

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts