Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter !!

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.92%
  • 2 (Average)

16 15.38%
  • 3 (Good)

34 32.69%
  • 4 (Great!)

38 36.54%
  • 5 (Epic)

13 12.50%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 0.96%
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: One Piece 670 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 670 Discussion/ 671 Prediction

CC may be strong against some fighters but not against Luffy. Come on he pulled out a gun against Law a few chapters back, how lame was that. Let's not forget that most Logias aren't used to getting hit, and Luffy hits like no other, taking lots of punches is gonna really soften this guy up. Being a scientist and not an on the battlefield kinda guy he's gonna go down hard. He might pull out one or two good moves but not enough to weather the storm that is the SH's.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    i think harpy mone is going to join laws crew. i think she is going to let them examine the drugs to help the kids......not 1 female character has remained a villian and i dont think it will start now. maybe we will get a few panels of usopp and nami
    What about these? They may not be super big and evil but they are still villians?

Spoiler show
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaoneLuffy View Post
    CC may be strong against some fighters but not against Luffy. Come on he pulled out a gun against Law a few chapters back, how lame was that. Let's not forget that most Logias aren't used to getting hit, and Luffy hits like no other, taking lots of punches is gonna really soften this guy up. Being a scientist and not an on the battlefield kinda guy he's gonna go down hard. He might pull out one or two good moves but not enough to weather the storm that is the SH's.
    CC is a scientist. He is smart. Luffy is... simple minded. If CC uses that to his advantage, he could offer a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    What about these? They may not be super big and evil but they are still villians?
    At least the ex-Baroque Agents aren't anymore, as they completely quitted their previous job and now run a cafe.
    Last edited by McNuss; June 12, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

His point still stands that quiet a few of the female villains are still not on a friendly basis with the Mugiwaras. At least Big Mam will surely stay one.

Luffy has shown quiet often that he's anything but simple minded in serious battles.

...time to change my avatar
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 12, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mungola's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while since I've last written my thoughts about One Piece here (about 2 years or so) so I might as well share some of my predictions and stuff here.

So yeah, like Kaiten already stated few pages ago, Punk Hazard has really started to feel like Whiskey Peak of New World. At the beginning of this arc I really wanted it to be long and epic, but the way things have evolved I really want Punk Hazard to be done with as fast as possible.

And now for some predictions and speculations!

The giant kid problem will be solved easily. First Chopper makes some medicine for them and then it's time to make deals with marines. Marines will take care of the children and they'll let Strawhats and Law get away with no resist and then Law makes Smoker and Tashigi normal again.

As for the fights... I really hope they are quick with it. I really don't want to see a multichapter fight with Slime like they did with Oars at Thriller Bark. Some power demonstration would be nice so we could see Smoker's and Law's reactions. CC should be easy to handle. He may have some tricks but nothing too hard to overcome. Gas isn't really made for direct strong attacks and CC's already at Luffy's hands.

And please no long flashbacks at this point. Maybe when "all is over" and CC is interrogated by Law and Strawhats.

What comes to Kinemon and his son... I really don't know what's going to happen. Maybe they'll join Strawhats for a while (another resemblance to Whiskey Peak), but then again what's going to be Law's plan for taking on a Yonkou? Those two things doesn't really match and that's why it's so hard to predict anything at this point.

For the next chapter I'd want it to start where 670 left off but I really think that we will get more from Zoro&co. and some Law/Chopper stuff too. But let's hope for some intense "gotta catch CC" action.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    CC is a scientist. He is smart. Luffy is... simple minded. If CC uses that to his advantage, he could offer a good fight.
    He can be as smart as he wants, Luffy is battle tested, only tricks can slow Luffy down, not stop him. CC is as good as whooped. Luffy's only drawback in the old chapters was that he couldn't touch logias, now that he could I feel sorry for this guy in a fight.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is too early for a clash between Luffy and CC, Oda has been pulling out fights quite fast lately, they are not that enjoyable, well unless we get some stronger enemies, it will be like that.

I think CC is yet another person to demonstrate the power of haki and Luffy and all of that, but I thought the arc would be more than that, it still can be, but the brothers got beaten, Brownbeard ... but it will eventually turn out to be the deal with Law and Luffy in the end. I just hope CC can muster up a good fight. And not just CC, all of his group as well.

Another thing is the size of this island, things happen really fast. It is not that big and I hope more secretes are revealed. But on the other hand this arc can end shortly, because I wan Big Mom, and further stuff in the NW. But some twists have to happen before.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 670 Discussion

Its somewhat sad that this thread didn't make past 10 pages. I mean even Bleach and Toriko fared better.

Anyway, to rate a chapter u only need to count the amount of pages and voters. As much I hate to say it, the votes itself are mostly biased.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Anyway, to rate a chapter u only need to count the amount of pages and voters. As much I hate to say it, the votes itself are mostly biased.
    Nonsense. Sometimes there are just not enough things to discuss, topics being repeated endlessly doesn't make the chapter any better. Toriko did show of some new attacks after one big of a upgrade, it's no wonder that people will talk about it some more. Does this make Naruto four times as good as OP?

Votes may be biased to some degree, yet so are every other mangas votes too.
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Mostly* (not always) only exciting chapter attract ppl to discuss and to vote. There is a reason why the chapter discussion threads of OP had in the marineford war arc constantly around 50 pages and FI arc just about 10. Its the tension and excitement which attracts ppl to the threads.

I clearly stated the amount of pages and voters. I was trying to point out that by only measuring both numbers you can validate the success of the chapter. Its true Naruto has x4 more pages, but only about 40 voters more. So while Naruto 589 has better numbers than OP 670, by comparing all numbers its clear Naruto didn't do that much better, but still better indeed. But to begin with, I was talking about guideline to measure a good chapter, it is not accurate, just vaguely.

Spoiler: more accurate show

*About "mostly", it is clearly not always the more popular and with the bigger fanbase defining a good work. The twilight saga for instance did well in the boxoffice and has a huge fanabse, but every critic states it as trash.

Anyway, I didn't expect anyone to respond to my post in a "dead thread. Quite surprised to read ur post. - I agree, every manga has its biased voters, that's for sure. OP is clearly my favo ongoing weekly manga, Toriko comes 2nd. But despite my addiction to OP, I always try to vote neutrally without being biased.

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10