Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 190 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I bet Midora has all the top 100 chefs he kidnapped as his combo, I just can't fathom why he would choose Otake out of all the people.
    I think thats your answer.
    Ootake somehow beat the other 99 top chefs, probably due to some of Midora's crazy way of bruteforcing growth exponentially.
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nauthyz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapters seems great again .
    Concerning the combo thing , i thought like abc1233 , Midora must be in a combo with a lot of chefs. There's no way Ootake who has no charisma is his only combo .
    I'd even like to see Midora kill Chiyo and Ootake because they failed , but i'm dreaming . Plus i don't know if he's this kind of villain .
    Also that's pretty rare that i like monsters in Toriko (they tend to have just a lot of arms, tails, ... ) but i like this one .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was amazing, that's at least I wanted to say after the fight. But the cliffhanger.. .while it is exciting, the combo part is eating me up.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, could we stop bashing about the fact that Midora formed a Combo with Ootake...

I mean, Komatsu doesn't look as cool as other chefs either and it isn't a coincidence that Ootake got in the top 100 before Komatsu. I call that an objective parameter by which you can tell that Ootake is a good chef too. Okay, his attitude is wrong (reason why he got influenced by bishoku kai) and unlike Joa, LB, Setsuno, Chiyo,... he has that bland look like Komatsu has. I would say: just wait and see... You never know what Midora might do to Chiyo and Ootake for having failed.

They failed their mission...

I am going for a red herring
    Last edited by Koen; June 06, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko and Komatsu are rising stars. They didn't even get into the GW yet. True Toriko was already big in the HW as he met Komatsu, but in a world scale, they are both rising. Midora on the other hand is one of the top three guys. In fact he is most likely at the moment the strongest. He forming a combo with a weakling is too much. I know Take has probably a potential equal to Matsu, but that's just messed up. In all honesty, its not working for me and it appears Im not the only one.

I believe with Take, the author is building up a endgame character for Komatsu. Now while thinking about archenemies I rly hope the guy with Take is Staajun, instead of Midora. I know how unlikely it seems, no one needs to point that out to me xD

Spoiler: PS: show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Otake formed a combo with that giant black thing Midora is riding? XD

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Otake formed a combo with that giant black thing Midora is riding? XD
    That sounds rly nasty lol xD

I found it interesting that both Chin and Chiyo lost focus on food honor, because of emotions. But the most interesting part was Torikos premonition. I wonder what kind of skills he is about to learn. There is surely some development.

PS: Hopefully Take meant it metaphorically with Midora as the whole Bishokukai, but not him individually.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Midora formed a combo with Ootake because he's extremely young for a chef, and probably has the most room for growth and the most potential. He's certainly different from his first appearance too. I'm surprised it was Midora too, I was expecting Staajyun. But even if Ootake isn't the most skilled chef at the moment, the fact that he's probably the youngest means he's the one who can grow the most, so pairing him with Midora could probably bring out his potential the most since he's the boss. Maybe next chapter will get a little peak at what Midora can do before he leaves.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Perhaps Midora formed a combo with Ootake because he's extremely young for a chef, and probably has the most room for growth and the most potential. He's certainly different from his first appearance too. I'm surprised it was Midora too, I was expecting Staajyun. But even if Ootake isn't the most skilled chef at the moment, the fact that he's probably the youngest means he's the one who can grow the most, so pairing him with Midora could probably bring out his potential the most since he's the boss. Maybe next chapter will get a little peak at what Midora can do before he leaves.
    I doubt Midora has time to care about who has the most potential. He seems intent on finding "God" and one would assume that he would be paired with the strongest chef he can find in order to get it before anyone else. There's also the problem of going into the GW with someone who is too weak to look after himself, why would be choose someone that he has to babysit all the time?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Midora has time to care about who has the most potential. He seems intent on finding "God" and one would assume that he would be paired with the strongest chef he can find in order to get it before anyone else. There's also the problem of going into the GW with someone who is too weak to look after himself, why would be choose someone that he has to babysit all the time?
    Well from what he showed Komatsu a few chapters ago he's obviously not that weak anymore.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Well from what he showed Komatsu a few chapters ago he's obviously not that weak anymore.
    Yes but strong enough to survive in the GW? Toriko was fodder when he went in there so are you saying that Otake is significantly stronger than Toriko was back then?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter! Toriko has gotten another major power boost. Holding Chiyo in place with small knives without her even realizing it kinda hints that his food honor might be a little higher than hers. But then again, she did just have a minor confrontation with Chin and she did look like she took a little damage. But its good to see Toriko with a few new moves.

Now...the whole Take being in a combo with Midora thing. This is sorta the point I've been making with Komatsu the whole time. It seems shocking that someone as strong as Midora might be in a combo with Take, yet someone as strong as Toriko is in a combo with Komatsu and that's fine? I don't think the difference in power between Midora and Take is that much different than the difference in power between Toriko and Komatsu. Is it a surprise (assuming it gets confirmed next chapter) yes, but looking at it like that I don't think its off base from what we've seen in the manga.

I do like the idea that Midora has a team of chefs that he's partnered with and Take is just one of them. I'll admit that does make more sense. But I say that because I'm still holding on to the hope that Komatsu gets a physical upgrade soon.

For next and upcoming chapters...I think it will sorta go the same way it went when the President went to see Midora. Maybe a little show of Midora's power, but mostly talking and them leaving to go back to the Gourmet World. I think Chin will die and entrust the Spoon technique to Toriko. And next up...we get a couple of transition chapters and then...I would like to see them go after the President's last full course item and Komatsu figures out how to cook it, but I think the next arc will be something completely different than we all expect. Like an arc with Toriko and Terry going after some random ingredient.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dracula's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 190 : Knife vs Kitchen Knife. Toriko vs Chiyo is epic! I like how Toriko can handle himself this time, even fighting with a stronger opponent.

And WTF, is that Midora? Midora is in combo with Take? I hope not, of all chef why Take? Though it maybe is Starjun not Midora.

My Manga of the week: Rurouni Kenshin

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    Great chapter! Toriko has gotten another major power boost. Holding Chiyo in place with small knives without her even realizing it kinda hints that his food honor might be a little higher than hers. But then again, she did just have a minor confrontation with Chin and she did look like she took a little damage. But its good to see Toriko with a few new moves.

Now...the whole Take being in a combo with Midora thing. This is sorta the point I've been making with Komatsu the whole time. It seems shocking that someone as strong as Midora might be in a combo with Take, yet someone as strong as Toriko is in a combo with Komatsu and that's fine? I don't think the difference in power between Midora and Take is that much different than the difference in power between Toriko and Komatsu. Is it a surprise (assuming it gets confirmed next chapter) yes, but looking at it like that I don't think its off base from what we've seen in the manga.

I do like the idea that Midora has a team of chefs that he's partnered with and Take is just one of them. I'll admit that does make more sense. But I say that because I'm still holding on to the hope that Komatsu gets a physical upgrade soon.

For next and upcoming chapters...I think it will sorta go the same way it went when the President went to see Midora. Maybe a little show of Midora's power, but mostly talking and them leaving to go back to the Gourmet World. I think Chin will die and entrust the Spoon technique to Toriko. And next up...we get a couple of transition chapters and then...I would like to see them go after the President's last full course item and Komatsu figures out how to cook it, but I think the next arc will be something completely different than we all expect. Like an arc with Toriko and Terry going after some random ingredient.
    I highly doubt the gap between Komatsu and Otake is comparable to the gap between Midora and Toriko, unless if Otake got some ridiculously hax power-up. Komatsu already had his incredibly powerful knife and with food honour he can use it both in cooking and fighting properly now, plus he was arguably a better cook before food honour so I wouldn't be surprised if he has already surpassed Otake.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast