Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 190 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    No no...I wasn't talking about the gap in power between Komatsu and Otake; I was talking about the gap in power between Komatsu and Toriko compared to Midora/Otake. For example, (and I'm completely making this system up for my example; I didn't get this from anywhere)....lets say Midora is at a level of 1000 and Otake is at 110; difference of 890. And Toriko is at 800 and Komatsu is at 90; difference of 710. What I'm saying is the 890 isn't too far away from the 710. And based on that, it shouldn't be too off base that Midora could be in a combo with Otake. Now, I'll say again, I still don't believe it either, but I was just giving an example of how it could make sense in the manga.

I think that Komatsu and Otake are actually not that far away from each other. Otake getting the edge since he's already done some things in the GW.
    Yes but what I'm saying is that if the gap in power between Toriko and Midora is massive compared to the gap between Komatsu and Otake, then the gap between Komatsu and Toriko will be much smaller compared to Midora and Otake. Considering that this manga will probably become a fairly long running series (what with them not having even entered the GW yet) and considering that Midora is pretty much an endgame character, I just don't see how the gap between them right now is anything but massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    You are being trolled guys, that's just Staajyun and he's grown his hair:P

On a more serious note, awesome chapter. Toriko is showcasing some great strategy, not just brute forcing. Restraining Chiyo's movement undetected with knife was excellent. When he started bending hands, I was like "spoon? no way!", but it was such innovative thing like enveloping his kugi punch with fork. He made it even stronger. His display was nothing short of amazing but I believe he would be defeated with Chiyo's #1 knife. He is getting closer to GW level.

Master Chin seems to have lost because of his emotion, not difference in strength. Probably that they were romantically involved in the pat and he still has feelings for her. Also, very interesting to know what is her reason for joining the Bishokukai.
    I actually think that he could survive in the GW as he is, I mean he can hold his own against a beast like Chiyo. But there is still one more ingredient I believe, we'll have to see if he improves as much as he did with getting the bubble fruit.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

masubiladin
    I wouldn't actually say that Toriko is anywhere near his limit. On the other hand it seems that physically Chiyo is at her limit. Of course her favourite knife might be a gamechanger, but still I believe in such a situation Toriko might have taken her down if Midora hasn't come.

Thanks for the link. I didn't remember the moment. Still I believe Toriko's sensing and predicting abilities have gotten way better after mastering Food Honor.

P.S. Hope in the upcoming chapters we'll see some interesting revelations.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else noticed that Toriko have been flying in this chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    You are being trolled guys, that's just Staajyun and he's grown his hair:P

On a more serious note, awesome chapter. Toriko is showcasing some great strategy, not just brute forcing. Restraining Chiyo's movement undetected with knife was excellent. When he started bending hands, I was like "spoon? no way!", but it was such innovative thing like enveloping his kugi punch with fork. He made it even stronger. His display was nothing short of amazing but I believe he would be defeated with Chiyo's #1 knife. He is getting closer to GW level.

Master Chin seems to have lost because of his emotion, not difference in strength. Probably that they were romantically involved in the pat and he still has feelings for her. Also, very interesting to know what is her reason for joining the Bishokukai.
    Lol if that is Sata then we will all get trolled pretty badly, but the light thing he used is similar to what Midora uses.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not about the difference between Komatsu and Otake's strenght, but it is more about how they climb their way to the top : One is working hard, going to danger zones to cook ingredients, the other used bribes and shit (note that I don't bash him based on his ingredients trading and stuff that he did, but only bribing), yes he obviously got skills, I won't deny it, but compared to Komatsu and what he has been through, he's trash.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko seems to be fighting on par with Chiyo, albeit without Chiyo utilising her favourite weapon. A major advancement in power for Toriko. Somehow Chiyo manages to stay completely insane for every chapter. I think with Chiyo's favourite knife she would probably take Toriko. I hope the battle between the two ends, I still dream of watching Setsuno absolutely wreck the crazy old hag. Desperately hoping that Take's partner is not Midora, it would be inconsistent with what we know of Take. Awesome arc, anxiously waiting for the next chapter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It is not about the difference between Komatsu and Otake's strenght, but it is more about how they climb their way to the top : One is working hard, going to danger zones to cook ingredients, the other used bribes and shit (note that I don't bash him based on his ingredients trading and stuff that he did, but only bribing), yes he obviously got skills, I won't deny it, but compared to Komatsu and what he has been through, he's trash.
    he's trash
    That made my day lol.
    Oh well, still hoping in the next chapter he gets sliced up for being too talkative and did nothing except trying to rub it in matsu's face.
    He had no purpose in this arc other than introduction and showing off some underground cooking skill. I hope Shima wont let us down!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. He was enslaved and then came back so full of himself. What a ....!
    What also interesting is that why would Midora bother come and pick Take up.
    Also we have seen Ichyuu's unicorn and Midora's black thingy all thats left is Knocking Master Jiro's pet.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Think midora is moving to the GW with all his cew in that monster, here to pick everyone up. He is going to be like no time to waste on small fries, we are going to GW.....
    they have to stop because midora is just too awesome for them to say no

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    No no...I wasn't talking about the gap in power between Komatsu and Otake; I was talking about the gap in power between Komatsu and Toriko compared to Midora/Otake. For example, (and I'm completely making this system up for my example; I didn't get this from anywhere)....lets say Midora is at a level of 1000 and Otake is at 110; difference of 890. And Toriko is at 800 and Komatsu is at 90; difference of 710. What I'm saying is the 890 isn't too far away from the 710. And based on that, it shouldn't be too off base that Midora could be in a combo with Otake. Now, I'll say again, I still don't believe it either, but I was just giving an example of how it could make sense in the manga.
    Lol Midora is like 100000.
    Quote Quote:
    Think midora is moving to the GW with all his cew in that monster, here to pick everyone up
    Nah. All the Vice Head Chief and above got enormous pets. Even though Midora's pet is quite crazy looking, we still cannot accurately scale that beast.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems that Midora's pet should be one of the strongest out there. Hope Terry has grown and will go with Toriko to the Gourmet World. It will be a great team as Terry seemd to have an incredible level even during Santa Arc, so now he should have even bigger level.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Seems that Midora's pet should be one of the strongest out there. Hope Terry has grown and will go with Toriko to the Gourmet World. It will be a great team as Terry seemd to have an incredible level even during Santa Arc, so now he should have even bigger level.
    I think that pet is just for transportation like granny setsu's apartment jelly. Doesnt look like it has any active attack. Maybe passive skills for defense?
    Uhh dont remind me thats so annoying i got pissed at Toriko for interrupting what Rin was about to say on Terry's level!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Ootake's combo is someone who happens to be travelling with Midora, and not Midora himself, because that would be kinda dissapointing.

UNLESS, all the high-ranking chefs are considered to be Midora's combo, and he doesn't see them as partners, but as servants. That will make more sense to me. Midora might think of "throwing away" Ootake if he "fails" him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    I hope Ootake's combo is someone who happens to be travelling with Midora, and not Midora himself, because that would be kinda dissapointing.

UNLESS, all the high-ranking chefs are considered to be Midora's combo, and he doesn't see them as partners, but as servants. That will make more sense to me. Midora might think of "throwing away" Ootake if he "fails" him.
    I really hope that... But I don't think so, I guess the author want to set a rival for Komatsu too...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Yes but what I'm saying is that if the gap in power between Toriko and Midora is massive compared to the gap between Komatsu and Otake, then the gap between Komatsu and Toriko will be much smaller compared to Midora and Otake. Considering that this manga will probably become a fairly long running series (what with them not having even entered the GW yet) and considering that Midora is pretty much an endgame character, I just don't see how the gap between them right now is anything but massive.
    In a way, I'm thinking we're saying the same thing but ending up with different conclusions. If you want to compare Toriko and Midora, then yes, I think there's a HUGE difference in power; that's obvious. So yes, the difference between Komatsu and Toriko is smaller when compared to Midora and Otake. Here's the difference, and I realize now I didn't clarify this before (my bad)... I'm mostly talking about fighting power. Forget Komatsu and Otake's cooking skills. What I'm saying is Komatsu is considerably weak and that Otake is probably a lot stronger than we want to give him credit for. He's actually been in the GW already. So again, looking at it like that, if Otake really is Midora's partner then I don't think it's as "off" as we think it is.

Also, just to say again...I'm still with everyone on it being surprising and hoping there's some different result in the next chapter. I'm just giving an example of how it might make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    Lol Midora is like 100000.
    LOL. Yeah, he's probably 3 times that. But like I said, I was just making up some arbitrary numbers.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast