Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

Quote Quote:
    I think that pet is just for transportation like granny setsu's apartment jelly. Doesnt look like it has any active attack. Maybe passive skills for defense?
    Uhh dont remind me thats so annoying i got pissed at Toriko for interrupting what Rin was about to say on Terry's level!
    Lol piss at the author.
    Terry is like one of the coolest beast in the manga. It would be a waste if she cant do anything. I can also prove that in fact, Terry will be quite powerful.
    Now, in this chapter http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Toriko/Toriko-15?id=3812 you should see a white shark-like beast that is in Jiro's menu. Keep in mind, this beast should be insanely strong to be in one of the 3 strongest character in Toriko.
    Lets examine another appearance of this beast on http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Toriko/Toriko-44?id=4040. As you can see, the pact of battle wolf keep their ground against this beast. Although they might not be strong however in pact it seems like it is possible to fight evenly. Now is there any possibility that Terry will give birth? That would be awesome.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

^Nice find. Makes me wonder if battle wolf's meat is tasty and if someone maybe has it in their full course.

I notice on second page from your link that Terry had shown observation power not unlike what Toriko showed in last chapter. It seems that for Terry it comes from natural instinct to predict danger and react accordingly, and Toriko achieved that through food honor.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Red herring or not, that's the question

Is it midora? Looks like it but I ain't so sure that he is there to deal with Toriko
    Maybe, he is just going to check out Toriko or maybe he is going to share him some important information which latter one doesn't like. Testing out if food honour is really dangerous and if it isn't? He may show his power by ending take's and chiyo's role

Or will he personally ask Komatsu to become his combo?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    You are being trolled guys, that's just Staajyun and he's grown his hair:P
    Unlikely since Starjun has a different pet and it is not seen so far that someone has two pets. See here.
    Also Starjun is a vie chef himself.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Koen
    Hope we'll see more of a talk in the next chapter. It would be interesting to see more of Midora and it would be great if he shared some info about himself or about Toriko. It might be also interesting for him to see Toriko's growth for himself as he should have heard about Toriko from his Vice Chefs like Grinpatch, Staa and Tommy. And it would be interesting if they are somehow connected.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Midora who had no interest in Ichi would have interest in Toriko? to him hes probably nothing =P btw ichi does look like killua's grandpa abit lol

Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    Unlikely since Starjun has a different pet and it is not seen so far that someone has two pets. See here.
    Also Starjun is a vie chef himself.
    You have a point that Staajyun is a chef. So are Tommyrod and Grinpatch. However can you imagine them preparing delicious meals and honing their cooking skills? I doubt we will see them at any given time in such role. They went to get jewel meat, century soup and bb corn respectively like bishokuya do. It seems their main job is getting ingredients and not preparing them.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

nyamonyamo
    He might be interested in Toriko's potential. We know that practically in no time Toriko get from the guy who barely made it alive from the fight against Tommyrod (only due to the fact that Tommy didn't go all out from the start and also due to Teppei's help) to an even fight against Chiyo who seems to be around Setsuno's level...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    nyamonyamo
    He might be interested in Toriko's potential. We know that practically in no time Toriko get from the guy who barely made it alive from the fight against Tommyrod (only due to the fact that Tommy didn't go all out from the start and also due to Teppei's help) to an even fight against Chiyo who seems to be around Setsuno's level...
    I disagree a bit about the whole Tommyrod deal... The guy speciality is long range to begin with, and uses bugs with quite some high capture level, and what's more, they were outnumbering Toriko. If it was a 1vs1 from the very beginning, and Tommyrod going close range as he did, I doubt he'd do damage to Toriko that much, also keep in mind, Toriko was close to settle the fight in his favor with Leg Knife and Leg Fork, if he had still more stamina, in no way Tommyrod would have been alive if you ask me. They were evently matched, that last performance of Tommyrod wad against a wounded, tired, unable to his arms, version of Toriko.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

No question about it: Midora's gonna pawn Toriko, unless:
    1. Someone comes to save them ==> Who? Ichi is in GM, Jirou isn't strong enough (I guess)
    2. He's not interested ==> He's gonna have some awesome information, otherwise he wouldn't be in the Human world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I disagree a bit about the whole Tommyrod deal... The guy speciality is long range to begin with, and uses bugs with quite some high capture level, and what's more, they were outnumbering Toriko. If it was a 1vs1 from the very beginning, and Tommyrod going close range as he did, I doubt he'd do damage to Toriko that much, also keep in mind, Toriko was close to settle the fight in his favor with Leg Knife and Leg Fork, if he had still more stamina, in no way Tommyrod would have been alive if you ask me. They were evently matched, that last performance of Tommyrod wad against a wounded, tired, unable to his arms, version of Toriko.
    lol A loss is a loss. Excuses is for loser. Toriko was weak so he got his ass kick. Before he learns food honor, he was the weakest of the four heavenly king. He had to try his best against lv 80s in the garlic arc while Coco was able to kick Livebearer's ass with no effort. In the shinning gourami arc, he had to rely on Sani the whole time. And Zebra, well self-explanatory.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    lol A loss is a loss. Excuses is for loser. Toriko was weak so he got his ass kick. Before he learns food honor, he was the weakest of the four heavenly king. He had to try his best against lv 80s in the garlic arc while Coco was able to kick Livebearer's ass with no effort. In the shinning gourami arc, he had to rely on Sani the whole time. And Zebra, well self-explanatory.

i dont think that toriko was that weak. he was been maybe 2 or 3. of course coco's poison is more effective than toriko's punch. what would you like more to get poisoned or to take a punch. and with suni in shinning gourami arc, toriko was going to use shield but as i remember he told him not to use it and suni learned to use instinct!! and that had influence to suni like food honor to toriko
    Last edited by milek; June 10, 2012 at 02:34 AM. Reason: editing post

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Zehahaha
    I think it was quite clear that Tommy didn't want to go all out as he didn't want to show his real strength to Toriko as at the begining he didn't see him as an oponent that deserves going all out. http://www.mangareader.net/349-49646...hapter-88.html
    On the link above you can see that after all damn beating from Toriko Tommy was just pissed and not actually wounded, while Toriko lost his hand. Of course Toriko managed to chop Tommy's hand, but it wasn't a planned, but mostly spot on dessicion, while it was quite obvious that his other attacks had close to no effect on Tommy. If Tommy used all his strength from the start Toriko would have been dead in a blink of an eye. And Tommy seemed to be the weakest of Vice Chefs. And if not for Teppei Toriko would have been dead.

P.S. I'm Toriko's fan, but still before this Arc Toriko never gave an impression of being superiour to his oponents.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Zehahaha
    I think it was quite clear that Tommy didn't want to go all out as he didn't want to show his real strength to Toriko as at the begining he didn't see him as an oponent that deserves going all out. http://www.mangareader.net/349-49646...hapter-88.html
    On the link above you can see that after all damn beating from Toriko Tommy was just pissed and not actually wounded, while Toriko lost his hand. Of course Toriko managed to chop Tommy's hand, but it wasn't a planned, but mostly spot on dessicion, while it was quite obvious that his other attacks had close to no effect on Tommy. If Tommy used all his strength from the start Toriko would have been dead in a blink of an eye. And Tommy seemed to be the weakest of Vice Chefs. And if not for Teppei Toriko would have been dead.

P.S. I'm Toriko's fan, but still before this Arc Toriko never gave an impression of being superiour to his oponents.
    As I said, you disregard what happened before that moment, we all knew that long range fights were Toriko's weaknesses, and Tommyrod knew that and didn't want to get close to Toriko. Toriko taunted him many times so that he can get close, but Tommyrod was no small fry to fall for such a thing. How many times did Toriko say " Come here yourself Tommyrod ? ". That's just the proof that if Tommyrod got into his " all serious " mode and began close range fighting, I doubt it would've been so easier for him, he went into that mode only after Toriko was absolutely exhausted, lost one arm, unable to use the other one. And don't think that Tommyrod was just pissed, he was extremely weakned as Teppei said himself " If you weren't wounded, I'd had have the choice of knocking for you ".

Yes it was Tommyrod's victory anyway, but that's because most of the fight Toriko couldn't manage to hit him until he was tired obviously...

Quote Quote:
    You can't compare between someone who uses poison as his fighting style and therefore doesn't need " brute strenght " as Toriko, and between someone who has like 300000 arms (as Guemon said, Sani's peelers work like they're some arms), and between who uses freaking sound as a weapon. Different fighting styles, for example : Sani wouldn't be able to beat Coco at all, same for Toriko, because he's poisonous, while Zebra can because he's long range fighter. Any creature would have trouble with a poison man anyway, so that's one bad comparaison you made...

Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    As I said, you disregard what happened before that moment, we all knew that long range fights were Toriko's weaknesses, and Tommyrod knew that and didn't want to get close to Toriko. Toriko taunted him many times so that he can get close, but Tommyrod was no small fry to fall for such a thing. How many times did Toriko say " Come here yourself Tommyrod ? ". That's just the proof that if Tommyrod got into his " all serious " mode and began close range fighting, I doubt it would've been so easier for him, he went into that mode only after Toriko was absolutely exhausted, lost one arm, unable to use the other one. And don't think that Tommyrod was just pissed, he was extremely weakned as Teppei said himself " If you weren't wounded, I'd had have the choice of knocking for you ".

Yes it was Tommyrod's victory anyway, but that's because most of the fight Toriko couldn't manage to hit him until he was tired obviously...
    I agree completely. Tommyrod was clearly stronger than Toriko and everybody knows that, but not by a huge margin. Toriko was at big disadvantage because long range is his weakness and Tommyrod was using just that. He was well aware of Toriko's strength and didn't want to put himself in danger. As soon as he got him in melee he connected few good shots. Tommyrod went all out and pounded on Toriko who was already at his limit after fighting off a million crazy bugs.

For the argument that if Tommy went all out from the beginning he would have destroyed Toriko - who EVER in manga goes all out at the beginning of fight? If that were the case fights would last three panels max. You don't use all your strength to defeat opponent unless you absolutely have to and don't reveal your trump card that easily.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast