Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: How would you rate this chapter?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

1 4.35%
  • Normal

4 17.39%
  • Good

15 65.22%
  • Epic

3 13.04%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 191 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Toriko 191 Discussion Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; June 13, 2012 at 09:53 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 191 Spoiler Thread

The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter seems to be damn interesting!
    Still I hoped we would get some talk or maybe even fight in this chapter, but according to the pictures it seems that there won't be that much info in the chapter. I don't also fully understand who is the guy behind the mask. It looks like it might not be Midora, but actually be Staajun. Still his aura is insane. Toriko plaes when he feels his dreadful aura.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some theories were correct.

It was a GT Robo based on Midora, but operated by Stayjun. So Take's partner is Stayjun, which I appreciate more. Stayjun is of the 3 sous chefs the one that I find to be Toriko's rival. Also, being Midora's partner was much too high of a jump for Take to make.

It appears that Take's physical body has received an upgrade as well, he can now make some pretty impressive leaps.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it seems more logical for him to be Staa's partner and thus they can be real rivals at least for some part of the story as Staa will be Toriko's oponent and Take will be an opponent to Matsu.
    That GT Robo was really badass. It had just the same ability to become transparent as Midora does and also it's interesting if it has such an aura due to it being constructed for Midora or due to Staa's aura?
    It also seems that not only Take, but Staa also powered up. Also it might be that now Take might be a match for Toriko, especially if he has some good knife with him like Chiyo.
    And Chiyo seems quite injured as Take carries her to this Monster to fly away.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Kewl has already released the translation.

Credits to Kewl

Pretty cool that Chiru knows the revitalizing/dark technique, meaning Komatsu will learn it pretty soon. Also cool to note that Chin didn't go down like a chump. He apparently injured Chiyo very badly, nearly a fatal injury, and that is why we see her all bloody and hardly able to move in this chapter. Not due to Toriko really, but it was still a great power jump from Toriko.

That is really troublesome though, the GT Robo's can use some of Midora's techniques and have no lag/lack of power between their user, meaning they can fight using the skills almost instantaneous to what the operator would wish. Where as in the past there was much too long of a lag between the operator and the functions of the Robo.
    Last edited by LoS; June 13, 2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: awesome stuff

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

So the one who said that all Bishokukai's Chefs are in the combo with Midora was right. But still currently Take's oficial combo is Staajun.
    So we've got the confirmation that Chiyo's bad performance against Toriko was due to the wound she's gotten in the fight against Master Chin. Also we've got info on GT Robos getting the ability to camuflage themselves and also to transmit aura of the operator better. So Toriko still has way to go, but I believe after several more Arcs, when he finishes all the task from the President he will be quite a match to Staa.
    It seems that the guy from Hidden Kitchen Restaurant will use the same Revitalising knife to heal Chin.

Also in the next chapter we'll get info from Chin about why Chiyo joined Bishokukai.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad he isn't really Midora's combo... But weird, this isn't Stajyun pet anyway.
    Well, it is a transition chapter, hope we won't get to see more of that piece of trash for the time being, but the next chapter should be better I suppose.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

good chapter. just how strong is Stajyun. it seams that everybody got power up like toriko.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem for Toriko is that Bishokukai can actually power-up practically anybody to the level of current Toriko or a bit lower. Even the guys who were practically worthless like Otake. They can just forcefully insert Gourmet Cells and then feed a person with tons of delicious and special ingridients and not only from the Human World, but also from Gourmet World, so Toriko's opponents will be damn strong and will have numbers on their side.
    About Staajun we should also take in consideration that several Arcs ago, when Toriko accidentally faced him in that bar Toriko was leagues weaker than Staa, so it's not surprising that Toriko is still way weaker, especially if we know that Toriko needs to work pretty hard to achieve his power-ups, while most of Bishokukai are just givven Gourmet Cells and are feedden with great ingridients.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

So was staj and no midora umm , well i don think this is a transition chapter is a good end for the arc , the next starts with Cp again so maybe we'll could see the color pages with the bishokukai also know the reason of chiyo to join the bishokukai and know more about gourmet cells.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe we might still see some progress from Komatsu and Toriko in this Arc as Komatsu wants to become better cook, thus he will try to prepare Bubble Fruit and when he manages, then he, Toriko, Master Chin and others will eat it. With this Komatsu and Toriko might become even better in Food Honour and Toriko might also become better in Food Immerssion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Im rly glad its Staajun. I mean rly glad. I thought the author wanted to pull a Kubo or Mashima on us, but he did not. Thank u very much. Im very pleased with this week, OP and Toiko did well. Last week it was just Toriko, but this week two manga. Outstanding.

I didn't read the translation nor peeked to much at the pics. I'm waiting for the scnalation, didn't wanted to spoil myself and consequently ruin the cliffhanger.

Anyway, Jorge its time for you to add rating votes to the weekly chapter discussion threads xD

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

cheap powerups like that will annoy a lot of fans =/
    I hope it comes at a heavy price
    I dont want this to become like Reborn or bleach.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast