Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 190 Spoiler Thread

So Midora has a 100 chef and Take is one of the 100 combos he has made, I guess you can be proud of that. That Chiyo hag must be one of the top chef under who take is working as an assistant chef. I mean if Midora can have a sh*t load of people who collect his food then why mot a load of chefs who prepare it.

As for Tokiro, I was hoping to see spoon, but the way he used his fork and knife was pretty impressive. Maybe we will see him using his fork like wolverine uses his claws. As for komatsu, it was a bit of a disappointment, since he didn't show any resolve, for someone who will enter Gourmet world he seems a lot unprepared mentally, I believe he has the skills to defend himself, its just his mentality that is really annoying.

All in all it was a great chapter, i don't think there would be much of a fight now. But I am confused as hell is to how toriko and the other will get out of this situation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter i like that toriko can do more leg knifes , but i found something that dont understand now toriko can do knives with the same hand that do forks?

Spoiler show

Whatever thats no like's me.

moreover the end really owned me midora in a combo with ootake i really hope a explanation about this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fkm789 View Post
    Good chapter i like that toriko can do more leg knifes , but i found something that dont understand now toriko can do knives with the same hand that do forks?

Spoiler show

Whatever thats no like's me.

moreover the end really owned me midora in a combo with ootake i really hope a explanation about this.
    Wait the hands have different abilities???? I thought he can do that with both hands.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    Wait the hands have different abilities???? I thought he can do that with both hands.
    I always thought that the left hand is only for do forks and the right for the knives , this is the firts time that i see him doing knifes with his left hand.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

The chapter was really great. I liked how Toriko managed to develop and mix his abilities. Especially it was great, when he covered his Kugi Punch with Forks and made a protected Twin Kugi Punch to repel Chiyo and her attack.
    After Toriko's showcase of power and seeing Chiyo's inability to inflict any damage to him, I believe he would have won if not for Midora. Seems now Toriko is somewhere in the same league with Chiyo and Setsuno. Maybe a bit weaker, but now after Chiyo weakened after fighting Assistant Masters and Chinchin, Toriko can defeat her. Also we should onsider that in the upcoming Arc Toriko will power-up even more with new ingridient, hence he will become way stronger in one or two Arcs and will be able to take her down in their next fight if needed.
    I really liked the ability Toriko showed that looked like Observation Haki from One Piece. He has seen the possible damage from the upcoming attack and made the best counter to it, hence I would say he has grown in another dimension.

Now Midora has come and in the next chapter we might see some interesting talk. It would be more interesting to hear some revelations from Midora, than see his actual fighting capabilities, cause we already know that he is a monster)) Thus I believe it would be better to understand if Midora is Sani's father or is he related to other Heavingly Kings, maybe even Toriko?

P.S. Also Chinchin pointed that he lost control over his Food Honour due to hearing the reason why Chiyo defected to Bishokukai... It would be also interesting to hear it. I believe it might be her desire to cook God and she might believe that Bishokukai are way closer to getting it, than IGO.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The chapter was really great. I liked how Toriko managed to develop and mix his abilities. Especially it was great, when he covered his Kugi Punch with Forks and made a protected Twin Kugi Punch to repel Chiyo and her attack.
    After Toriko's showcase of power and seeing Chiyo's inability to inflict any damage to him, I believe he would have won if not for Midora. Seems now Toriko is somewhere in the same league with Chiyo and Setsuno. Maybe a bit weaker, but now after Chiyo weakened after fighting Assistant Masters and Chinchin, Toriko can defeat her. Also we should onsider that in the upcoming Arc Toriko will power-up even more with new ingridient, hence he will become way stronger in one or two Arcs and will be able to take her down in their next fight if needed.
    I really liked the ability Toriko showed that looked like Observation Haki from One Piece. He has seen the possible damage from the upcoming attack and made the best counter to it, hence I would say he has grown in another dimension.
    Chiyo has taken some considerable damage however she has not been fighting at her utmost ability. She still has some trump cards left such as that freaky looking knife. Meanwhile, Toriko seems quite near his limit. I would not say Toriko can beat Chiyo.
    Second, that observation Haki that you compare has already been demonstrated at this page http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c112/3.html

Quote Quote:
    So Midora has a 100 chef and Take is one of the 100 combos he has made, I guess you can be proud of that. That Chiyo hag must be one of the top chef under who take is working as an assistant chef. I mean if Midora can have a sh*t load of people who collect his food then why mot a load of chefs who prepare it.
    I also think this is the case, seeing how Take is an inferior bug and Midora is like the bad ass boss of all time. Take for some reason become so arrogant that he looks down upon Toriko and Komatsu is sickening. I mean they two suffer near death experience to obtain ingredients (Komatsu technically died once).
    Midora's pet is crazy looking, looking at it defies what we have seen up till now, the style is certainly different.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter, epic toriko but his is at limit with his power . midora will probably show some skills to toriko at least we hope so and save him form Chiyo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pandamic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fkm789 View Post
    I always thought that the left hand is only for do forks and the right for the knives , this is the firts time that i see him doing knifes with his left hand.
    Toriko did use his right hand to throw those knives at her feet. He used his left hand for a fork shield and in the background he threw knives with his right. If you look, the "bobobo" is pointing to his right arm; it also looks like his hand is powered up(light is shining from his hand).
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic62955_1.gif

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

i think take, may have gourmet cells implanted in him and maybe it isnt completely compatible as seen by the lines near his eyes thats probably how he powered up more then komatsu. He seems like a character that would do anything to get head so he made a deal. Midora is a glutton from http://www.mangareader.net/349-31299...hapter-63.html its almost safe to assume probably multiple chefs cooks for midora or are combo with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

we finally see why master chis wasnt that strong as we all thought. its because of his emotions. thats why he told toriko to stay calm.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Chiyo is just cruel...too cruel! Are there any shonen manga that depicts such cruelty nowadays? I love this manga even more!
    I dont like the Take x Midora combo either, is it really Midora tho? But cant mistake that shine i guess. So i like to think that Midora is actually using Take and Take thought that by slicing some onions would already make him Midora's combo. But that calm arrogant manner is disturbing..
    If somehow he gets sliced in the next chapter that would be my ecstasy.
    But why did he come to Shokurin temple? What was his purpose. He did not do any fighting. He has no grudge with the temple. Just riding along? Or he is actually Chiyo's assistant.
    Toriko fight was just too awesome. More than expectation. To dish out that many attacks and not look exhausted.
    I wonder how they will get out of this one...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Cybernin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I curious to see if the reason Take's with Midora has something to do with the 'Reviving Knife' technique he used on Komatsu. He mentioned that it's a very rare technique that's used to prepare special ingredients in the Gourmet World. Since Midora's ultimate goal is God, maybe 'Reviving Knife' is necessary to prepare God.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I highly doubt the gap between Komatsu and Otake is comparable to the gap between Midora and Toriko, unless if Otake got some ridiculously hax power-up. Komatsu already had his incredibly powerful knife and with food honour he can use it both in cooking and fighting properly now, plus he was arguably a better cook before food honour so I wouldn't be surprised if he has already surpassed Otake.
    No no...I wasn't talking about the gap in power between Komatsu and Otake; I was talking about the gap in power between Komatsu and Toriko compared to Midora/Otake. For example, (and I'm completely making this system up for my example; I didn't get this from anywhere)....lets say Midora is at a level of 1000 and Otake is at 110; difference of 890. And Toriko is at 800 and Komatsu is at 90; difference of 710. What I'm saying is the 890 isn't too far away from the 710. And based on that, it shouldn't be too off base that Midora could be in a combo with Otake. Now, I'll say again, I still don't believe it either, but I was just giving an example of how it could make sense in the manga.

I think that Komatsu and Otake are actually not that far away from each other. Otake getting the edge since he's already done some things in the GW.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reaper2507 View Post
    its not about "good or bad cheff" its about potential ... Look at Komatsu he is not as good as one of the best cheffs in the world or Toriko he is not as strong as Knoking MasterJ.. BUT they will surpass them^^
    This plus you do not have to forget that Midora wants to insult his opponents as well and prove his supriority as well. So he is just adding insult to injury.

Also it does make sense from a story perspective since Midora will be the final boss fro Toriko and Komatsu needs an equivalent.

Also we should not forget that in his organization Midora already has countless cooks under his control (Starjun, Tommy Rod, Kuromado etc.) and he is probably by far the strongest anyway so he can choose his partner by skill more than fighting strength. Don't forget Komatsu is also pretty "useless" in a hands on fighting scenario.
    Last edited by Umbra Wolf; June 07, 2012 at 09:19 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

You are being trolled guys, that's just Staajyun and he's grown his hair:P

On a more serious note, awesome chapter. Toriko is showcasing some great strategy, not just brute forcing. Restraining Chiyo's movement undetected with knife was excellent. When he started bending hands, I was like "spoon? no way!", but it was such innovative thing like enveloping his kugi punch with fork. He made it even stronger. His display was nothing short of amazing but I believe he would be defeated with Chiyo's #1 knife. He is getting closer to GW level.

Master Chin seems to have lost because of his emotion, not difference in strength. Probably that they were romantically involved in the pat and he still has feelings for her. Also, very interesting to know what is her reason for joining the Bishokukai.
    Last edited by Buggy; June 07, 2012 at 09:22 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast