Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Tommy didn't want to fight in close range not because he didn't want to get beating from Toriko, but because he didn't need to punch himself, when he has strong bugs. Still it was obvious that Tommy's real physical attacks were stronger than his bugs. He chopped Toriko's hand with his teeth and purely dominated Toriko in speed department and in terms of stamina and durability.Quote:
As it was shown on the link I've given above, all the Kugi Punches that Toriko performed on Tommy were rendered useless even though they landed. They only pissed Tommy and because of that he used his full power to take down Toriko quicker. Of course Toriko managed to chop his hand, but that was not due to the logic of the fight, but it was on the other hand an attack that he created on the spot, while he was loosing his conciousness.
And of course Teppei said to Tommy thathe was wounded, because Toriko managed to chop his hand, but he didn't have any other wounds from Toriko, when Toriko got different wounds from Tommy even before he got serious.
It's not that easy. Actually Toriko said that he has antibodies to different types of poison, so I don't think that it would be that easy for Coco to win against Toriko, especially if they fight in open air. Toriko has now tons of ranged attacks and has clear superiority in speed, durability, stamina, while Coco doesn't last long with his techs.Quote:
I wouldn't say that Tommy's trumpcard was his real physical power. His real trumpcard was that hybrid insect that he used against Teppei.Quote:
* Midora appears, and takes Ootake with him.
* Midora kills Chiyo in a messy manner, for "failing him," ending the battle.
* Everyone is horrified, but no one dares try to stop him.
* Ootake calls Midora his combo, but the Boss doesn't actually acknowledge it out loud.
* Chiyo's Knife falls in front of Komatsu, who picks it up and claims to hear the "voice" of the Knife, saying it accepts him.
* Bishokukai leave, believing that they have more-or-less accomplished their mission.
* Master Chin and several of the Assistant Managers are dying, with the only way to truly save them from their wounds is to eat a "prepared" Bubble Fruit.
* Komatsu decides to take the challenge, telling Toriko to gather some Bubble Fruit.
* Komatsu gets the Fruit, and using Chiyo's Knife, prepares them. He uses a method similar to what Ootake did to him, cutting the fruit within, without damaging, or popping it.
* Komatsu saves their lives with the Bubble Fruits.
* Chin recovers and tells the combo Chiyo's reason for turning to the Bishokukai.
* Everyone eats at Disappearing Cuisine, this time with Toriko and Komatsu eating the full course, as well as eating the Bubble Fruit prepared by Komatsu.
* Chin allows Komatsu to keep Chiyo's Knife.
Last edited by Shadoguardian; June 11, 2012 at 05:05 AM.
^^^The more I think about it, the more I like your prediction about Komatsu getting Chiyo's knife. This might set in motion Komatsu becoming extremely skilled in certain types of specialty knives (in the kitchen and in the "wild"). It may become his "thing". I mean, he's already in good with Melk the 2nd. Just a quick thought.
I don't think Midora would kill Chiyo just for that reason. Chiyo is a national treasure so she's in Setsuno's level. And we all know that Setsuno is stronger than some if not most of Midora's minions.
He gathered all those chefs because he needs them in the GW. So I doubt that he would kill the strongest of them all just because of a single failure.
I completely agree. Chiyo is too strong to be discard like that. What also interest me is how Chiyo consider human to be not worthy for her knife to cut. I doubt Toriko will win Chiyo. However i would not say he will go down without a fight. Assuming Midora wont stop their fight.Quote:
Boss Midora doesn't strike me as a person who would kill his subordinates mercilessly just like that. We haven't seen him interact with any of his subordinates except Alfaro, and very brief convo with President to make a better conclusion. From what we've seen he doesn't involve himself much as he bothered to move only when President arrived. It looks like he doesn't strive to have everything in Bishokukai under his control, and leaves that to his officers. He seems to care, even if very little, for his men, seen when he advised them not to engage Ichiryu, not reprimanding them after their skirmish and taking action for them to improve their cells. However the reason might be that all he wants is GOD, and he views them only as tools in reaching that goal.
Having said all that, I believe he is only concerned with getting GOD, and doesn't really care about anything else. But, if something hinders him in that endeavor, he will show no mercy.
I believe he won't kill Chiyo as it really serves none purpose, hence I believe he will try to talk to Toriko or he might try to learn his current level by himself, otherwise I don't know his reason for coming. Maybe he knows Toriko somehow? Maybe they are really connected by blood or by some other relation? Maybe Toriko is Ichiryu's grandson?
I hope we might see a bit of an action on part of Midora and then we'll have a talk. It might be even interesting to have several chapters of talk. Hope it won't end like Ichiryu's and his talk.