Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 190 Discussion Thread

Zehahaha
    Quote Quote:
    As I said, you disregard what happened before that moment, we all knew that long range fights were Toriko's weaknesses, and Tommyrod knew that and didn't want to get close to Toriko. Toriko taunted him many times so that he can get close, but Tommyrod was no small fry to fall for such a thing. How many times did Toriko say " Come here yourself Tommyrod ? ". That's just the proof that if Tommyrod got into his " all serious " mode and began close range fighting, I doubt it would've been so easier for him, he went into that mode only after Toriko was absolutely exhausted, lost one arm, unable to use the other one. And don't think that Tommyrod was just pissed, he was extremely weakned as Teppei said himself " If you weren't wounded, I'd had have the choice of knocking for you ".

Yes it was Tommyrod's victory anyway, but that's because most of the fight Toriko couldn't manage to hit him until he was tired obviously...
    Tommy didn't want to fight in close range not because he didn't want to get beating from Toriko, but because he didn't need to punch himself, when he has strong bugs. Still it was obvious that Tommy's real physical attacks were stronger than his bugs. He chopped Toriko's hand with his teeth and purely dominated Toriko in speed department and in terms of stamina and durability.
    As it was shown on the link I've given above, all the Kugi Punches that Toriko performed on Tommy were rendered useless even though they landed. They only pissed Tommy and because of that he used his full power to take down Toriko quicker. Of course Toriko managed to chop his hand, but that was not due to the logic of the fight, but it was on the other hand an attack that he created on the spot, while he was loosing his conciousness.
    And of course Teppei said to Tommy thathe was wounded, because Toriko managed to chop his hand, but he didn't have any other wounds from Toriko, when Toriko got different wounds from Tommy even before he got serious.

Quote Quote:
    You can't compare between someone who uses poison as his fighting style and therefore doesn't need " brute strenght " as Toriko, and between someone who has like 300000 arms (as Guemon said, Sani's peelers work like they're some arms), and between who uses freaking sound as a weapon. Different fighting styles, for example : Sani wouldn't be able to beat Coco at all, same for Toriko, because he's poisonous, while Zebra can because he's long range fighter. Any creature would have trouble with a poison man anyway, so that's one bad comparaison you made...
    It's not that easy. Actually Toriko said that he has antibodies to different types of poison, so I don't think that it would be that easy for Coco to win against Toriko, especially if they fight in open air. Toriko has now tons of ranged attacks and has clear superiority in speed, durability, stamina, while Coco doesn't last long with his techs.

Buggy
    Quote Quote:
    For the argument that if Tommy went all out from the beginning he would have destroyed Toriko - who EVER in manga goes all out at the beginning of fight? If that were the case fights would last three panels max. You don't use all your strength to defeat opponent unless you absolutely have to and don't reveal your trump card that easily.
    I wouldn't say that Tommy's trumpcard was his real physical power. His real trumpcard was that hybrid insect that he used against Teppei.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal Prediction:
    * Midora appears, and takes Ootake with him.
    * Midora kills Chiyo in a messy manner, for "failing him," ending the battle.
    * Everyone is horrified, but no one dares try to stop him.
    * Ootake calls Midora his combo, but the Boss doesn't actually acknowledge it out loud.
    * Chiyo's Knife falls in front of Komatsu, who picks it up and claims to hear the "voice" of the Knife, saying it accepts him.
    * Bishokukai leave, believing that they have more-or-less accomplished their mission.
    * Master Chin and several of the Assistant Managers are dying, with the only way to truly save them from their wounds is to eat a "prepared" Bubble Fruit.
    * Komatsu decides to take the challenge, telling Toriko to gather some Bubble Fruit.
    * Komatsu gets the Fruit, and using Chiyo's Knife, prepares them. He uses a method similar to what Ootake did to him, cutting the fruit within, without damaging, or popping it.
    * Komatsu saves their lives with the Bubble Fruits.
    * Chin recovers and tells the combo Chiyo's reason for turning to the Bishokukai.
    * Everyone eats at Disappearing Cuisine, this time with Toriko and Komatsu eating the full course, as well as eating the Bubble Fruit prepared by Komatsu.
    * Chin allows Komatsu to keep Chiyo's Knife.
    Last edited by Shadoguardian; June 11, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^The more I think about it, the more I like your prediction about Komatsu getting Chiyo's knife. This might set in motion Komatsu becoming extremely skilled in certain types of specialty knives (in the kitchen and in the "wild"). It may become his "thing". I mean, he's already in good with Melk the 2nd. Just a quick thought.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Midora would kill Chiyo just for that reason. Chiyo is a national treasure so she's in Setsuno's level. And we all know that Setsuno is stronger than some if not most of Midora's minions.
    He gathered all those chefs because he needs them in the GW. So I doubt that he would kill the strongest of them all just because of a single failure.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I don't think Midora would kill Chiyo just for that reason. Chiyo is a national treasure so she's in Setsuno's level. And we all know that Setsuno is stronger than some if not most of Midora's minions.
    He gathered all those chefs because he needs them in the GW. So I doubt that he would kill the strongest of them all just because of a single failure.
    I completely agree. Chiyo is too strong to be discard like that. What also interest me is how Chiyo consider human to be not worthy for her knife to cut. I doubt Toriko will win Chiyo. However i would not say he will go down without a fight. Assuming Midora wont stop their fight.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Boss Midora doesn't strike me as a person who would kill his subordinates mercilessly just like that. We haven't seen him interact with any of his subordinates except Alfaro, and very brief convo with President to make a better conclusion. From what we've seen he doesn't involve himself much as he bothered to move only when President arrived. It looks like he doesn't strive to have everything in Bishokukai under his control, and leaves that to his officers. He seems to care, even if very little, for his men, seen when he advised them not to engage Ichiryu, not reprimanding them after their skirmish and taking action for them to improve their cells. However the reason might be that all he wants is GOD, and he views them only as tools in reaching that goal.

Having said all that, I believe he is only concerned with getting GOD, and doesn't really care about anything else. But, if something hinders him in that endeavor, he will show no mercy.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe he won't kill Chiyo as it really serves none purpose, hence I believe he will try to talk to Toriko or he might try to learn his current level by himself, otherwise I don't know his reason for coming. Maybe he knows Toriko somehow? Maybe they are really connected by blood or by some other relation? Maybe Toriko is Ichiryu's grandson?
    I hope we might see a bit of an action on part of Midora and then we'll have a talk. It might be even interesting to have several chapters of talk. Hope it won't end like Ichiryu's and his talk.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6