Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: who is stronger

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • toad sage

13 65.00%
  • snake saage

8 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: who is stronger

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    thiruvaniyoor,ernakulam dist,kerala,india
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

who is stronger

who is the stronger sage

a toad sage or a snake sage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: who is stronger

physically, toad

snake is more of recovery and speed
    toad is more of physical strength and durability

what kind of question is this

in a fight, they might win/lose depending on how kishi writes them

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    physically, toad

snake is more of recovery and speed
    toad is more of physical strength and durability

what kind of question is this

in a fight, they might win/lose depending on how kishi writes them
    It isn't a bad question, really, maybe he would've phrased it better lol.

As a matter of fact, they seem quite different:

-Both have outstanding sensing ability, really don't know which one is better ( both Kabuto and Naruto used the sensing with enormous skill, hell Naruto sensed the whole battlefield while being on a giant moving island )
    -Toad seems better in power and resilience, since Kabuto wasn't able to blown Itachi back when they collided, and was wounded by a sword, while Naruto survived much, much worse and dealt considerable amount of damages with a single punch.
    But Kabuto cleaved Itachi in half, so it isn't all that bad. Probably Kishi remembered that Sage Mode granted enhanced strenght too lol
    -Both have outstanding jutsus which are empowered by Senjutsu ( Hakugeki and Frog Song are pretty similar in that aspect ), so they are reasonably equals in this department
    -While Toads seems to use natural energy in combination with Frog Fu to enhance and create devastating blows to the distance, Snakes seems to affect the enviroment ( Muki Tensei seems a Senjutsu ability ) more than the Sage himself

So, finally, I believe that it depends on the user:
    for powerhouses Frogs are definitely better, for someone that uses finesse, Snakes are.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

kabuto doesnot know about iznami so hecould not use it with itachi against naruto
    kabuto has ability to vibrate and enemies could not move in sage mode
    can naruto handle this is main question

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

snakes eats toad

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto in sage mode would beat kabuto in sage mode

but kabuto sage mode would beat jaraiya sage mode

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with this question is that Kabuto is the only snake sage we've seen in action, and his body is so heavily augmented that it's difficult to determine which abilities (with the exception of brille) are solely attributed to snake senjutsu. I reckon both white rage and inorganic reincarnation can be used by any senjutsu user, although I have noticed that Kabuto's SM lasts longer than Naruto's does. Whether this is because he's yet to use any jutsu in the same league as Rasenshuriken or because SSM lasts longer. But then, it doesn't appear as if Kabuto has acquired the same goliath strength we see in the frogs, so I'm with Uchiha_blood in saying that frog senjutsu for powerhouse types and snake senjutsu for those with more finesse.

If it came down to a fight between Naruto and Kabuto, just sage mode, then I think Kabuto would win. I say this because Naruto makes too many mistakes (often being saved) before finding a pattern in the enemies attack strategy. So ultimately it depends on the user.
    Last edited by Dutchy; May 31, 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: meh!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
    The problem with this question is that Kabuto is the only snake sage we've seen in action, and his body is so heavily augmented that it's difficult to determine which abilities (with the exception of brille) are solely attributed to snake senjutsu. I reckon both white rage and inorganic reincarnation can be used by any senjutsu user, although I have noticed that Kabuto's SM lasts longer than Naruto's does. Whether this is because he's yet to use any jutsu in the same league as Rasenshuriken or because SSM lasts longer. But then, it doesn't appear as if Kabuto has acquired the same goliath strength we see in the frogs, so I'm with Uchiha_blood in saying that frog senjutsu for powerhouse types and snake senjutsu for those with more finesse.

If it came down to a fight between Naruto and Kabuto, just sage mode, then I think Kabuto would win. I say this because Naruto makes too many mistakes (often being saved) before finding a pattern in the enemies attack strategy. So ultimately it depends on the user.
    i believe kabuto's sage mode lasts longer because he has the snake fused into his body helping him harness sage energy

it's the same as jiraiya with ma and pa frog, so he can keep up his sage mode indefinitely

naruto can't do that, and therefore has to rely on his kage bunshins to give him 5-minute bursts

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

that is diffrent now
    i think kurama will now allow the two frogs to fuse with him

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    naruto in sage mode would beat kabuto in sage mode

but kabuto sage mode would beat jaraiya sage mode
    Explain. Dont include the unlocked Kyuubi Seal Mode thing Naruto got after talking his momma.
    just Naruto Sage Mode > Kabuto Sage Mode seems plausible but I wouldnt sleep on Kabuto just yet. I think it would be a close one.
    Simply coz Kabuto is essentially a genius, its hard to say.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

i believe kabuto's sage mode lasts longer because he has the snake fused into his body helping him harness sage energy

it's the same as jiraiya with ma and pa frog,
    This is an excellent theory btw. just had a light bulb moment how this all makes sense haha.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say that Naruto's sage mode is slightly stronger... As for the length they last, i would have to agree that the only reason it's lasting so long is because he has that snake attached to him. It's essentially the same as having ma and pa attached to Jiraiya. And as for how strong Kabuto looks when he's fighting Itachi and Sasuke, you also need to remember that they are fighting him without trying to kill him, which we all know is much harder to do then as if you were trying to just kill him... Kabuto's main objective was to simply avoid being caught by genjutsu, which isn't really hard for certain people as long as you have some intellect... Mind you, i think both the frog and snake sage modes are close, i just think that frog is slightly better.

I'm actually interested in seeing a bund of diferent sage modes now though... Could you imagine Kakashi having the dog sage mode? Or even Sakura having the slug sage mode... that would be hilarious... lol

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    I'm actually interested in seeing a bund of diferent sage modes now though... Could you imagine Kakashi having the dog sage mode? Or even Sakura having the slug sage mode... that would be hilarious... lol
    Nope lol. Kishimoto has it put into the story with characters saying boldly that not just anyone can use Senjutsu like how anyone can use Ninjutsu or Taijutsu.

So I doubt we will see many other Senjutsu based on different animals let alone ANY other ones lol.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Toad and Snake were all we got to ever see haha.

PS - Sakura using Senjutsu would make her amongst the most powerful ninjas in the world. Pfft like Kishi would do something like that hahahaha.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto in Sage mode seems to be stronger than Naruto in his Sage form (Without kyuubi chakra).

And Kabuto in sage mode isn't perfect to begin with, Who knows what would it be like if Kabuto achieve perfect sage mode.

Naruto perfected the sage mode, But compare his perfect sage mode to Kabuto non-perfect sage mode. Kabuto seems to be better using his Sage mode power than Naruto..

So Im guessing Snake Sage is stronger than Toad Sage.
    Because in reality Snake > Frog.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonadez View Post
    Kabuto in Sage mode seems to be stronger than Naruto in his Sage form (Without kyuubi chakra).

And Kabuto in sage mode isn't perfect to begin with, Who knows what would it be like if Kabuto achieve perfect sage mode.

Naruto perfected the sage mode, But compare his perfect sage mode to Kabuto non-perfect sage mode. Kabuto seems to be better using his Sage mode power than Naruto..

So Im guessing Snake Sage is stronger than Toad Sage.
    Because in reality Snake > Frog.
    i'm pretty sure toad is physically stronger

naruto fell on stone spikes and broke them instead, without feeling a thing

kabuto got injured by basic slashes and jabs

it's unclear where kabuto's recovery comes from, or if it is attributable to sage mode at all, but kabuto's seems to revolve around speed and dexterity

to make an analogy,
    snake sage = rogue
    toad sage = warrior

also where's your source for kabuto not having perfected sage mode?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm pretty sure toad is physically stronger

naruto fell on stone spikes and broke them instead, without feeling a thing

kabuto got injured by basic slashes and jabs

it's unclear where kabuto's recovery comes from, or if it is attributable to sage mode at all, but kabuto's seems to revolve around speed and dexterity

to make an analogy,
    snake sage = rogue
    toad sage = warrior

also where's your source for kabuto not having perfected sage mode?
    Kabuto didn't got injured in by slash or jabs... He wasn't even in sage mode when Itachi and Sasuke attack first.

Also the very reason naruto is uninjured from the fall, because his part of the nature too.. It similar to Kabuto his also part of the nature. Im sure if kabuto fall too from that height, he would be uninjured too.

If you put Sasuke + Itachi vs Sage Mode naruto. You will see that Sasuke slash and jabs would also hurt Naruto, because naruto opponent are not nature.

Beside Naruto perfected his sage mode. Kabuto never perfected his sage mode..

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast