Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Which Category of Magic Would You Like to Learn?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragon Slayer Magic

17 35.42%
  • Molding Magic

2 4.17%
  • Elemental Magic

18 37.50%
  • Take Over Magic

4 8.33%
  • Re-quip Magic

3 6.25%
  • Celectial Spirit Magic

4 8.33%
  • Other Caster Magic

6 12.50%
  • Other Holding Magic

1 2.08%
  • Other

14 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your Own Magic!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Own Magic!

I really like the idea of an archangel form. This could be either Take Over magic or visible energy that appears white and can be manipulated at will. For a visual think Tyrael of Diablo. It has about everything I could want in magic:
    • The ability to fly with wings made of pure energy
    • A big sword that can grow in size
    • Long distance attacks by firing energy
    • It would look boss
    The possibilities are only limited by your imagination and power, like it should be with magic.

Another option for me would be card magic, if you can make the cards yourself of course. That way you can do battle without using much energy, seeing as you made the cards before the fight. Just think of all the card games that have been made, you could do a lot from summoning armies and huge attacks to giving yourself armor, weapons and other power-ups.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Some more magic; some new, others are expansions of other Magics I posted at the beginning of this thread.

Requip: The Musician
    The character I have in mind for this type of magic is both a powerful mage (S-Class) and an extremely proficient musician.
    The user can Requip various different magical musical instruments. When the user plays certain tunes on them, he can invoke their effects. They have various buffing, de-buffing and status effects.

-Buffs/De-Buffs: each instrument has two spells/tunes; one buffs allies who hear it, the other de-buffs enemies who hear it. Each instrument affects a different thing.
    Guitar - Strength
    Violin - Speed
    Trumpet - Durability (ie. defense)
    Piano - Magic Power
    -Status Effects: each instrument has one spell that inflicts the enemy listener(s) (not including the user) with a temporary curse.
    Violin - Silence
    Cello - Blindness
    Flute - Sleep
    Saxaphone - Paralysis
    Bassoon - Confusion

Arcana Magic:
    This is a type of magic I thought up for a friend of mine. He loves card tricks illusions and Yu-gi-oh!, so I hope that this encompasses those interests.
    The user can materialise one of four different objects (Swords, Cups, Coins or Staves). He can materialise any number of these objects at a time (up to ten); the more he materialises, the more magic power needed. The number and name of the objects materialised dictates the name of the spell, eg. Four of Swords.

-Swords: can float in the air and which move according the user’s will.
    -Cups: the cups materialise on the ground around the user’s feet. They produce spouts of water from within them that spiral around move according to the user’s will. The amount of water they can produce is finite.
    -Coins: the coins can be sunk into the ground and set off at the user’s will; when they do so, the ground around the coins explodes like mines.
    -Staves: the staves can be thrown magically. After they’ve pierced a solid object, they summon wreaths of flame around themselves. This fire spreads rapidly in the space between adjacent staves, producing walls of fire.

There'd also be special spells of Jack, Queen and King rank, but I haven't thought them up yet.

Camera Magic: a type of Holder Magic.
    This is for another friend of mine who's a film-maker and a total film buff.
    The user’s Magic Camera has a set amount of ‘Magical Memory’ ie. a set amount of space for data regarding spells;

-Record: the camera can ‘memorise’ any spell it captures in the viewfinder (provided it has enough free space).
    -Play: the user can re-use (ie. cast himself) any memorised spell as if it were his own.
    -Edit: the user can nullify the effects of any single spell the Camera has recorded; once Edit has been used, the spell it was used to nullify is deleted from the Camera’s memory.
    -Fast-forward: the user can speed up events within a certain radius.
    -Rewind: the user can reverse the effects of the immediately-preceding events; this spell uses up a lot of Magical Power.
    -Delete: the user can voluntarily remove spells from the Camera’s memory.

Hope those all make sense! Also, for my own Herbivore Soul Magic, I'd also have Monkey form! I've also decided to give themed names to the different forms I'd have which would consist of a colour and then the animal's name.

Here are the ones I'm satisfied with so far:
    Brown Hare
    Red Stag
    Golden Monkey
    Silver Gorilla
    Black Tortoise
    White/Pink Elephant (Can't decide. It'll probably end up being the colour that I don't use for any other form.)

If anyone can think of any fitting and vaguely cool sounding (or lame pun names) for kangaroo (blue?), bison, rhino, giraffe (ochre?), manatee or parrot, let me know!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haunting Takeover - S-Rank Magic

Forms (Element and Monster)
    ---------

Infernal Hellbat (Fire/Brimstone/Lava) - A red and black glowing bat about the size of Happy... capable of creating flames and controlling heat - Weakness is limited energy

Smiling Gargoyle (Air) - Capable of flying and hits like stone - Weakness is it is completely useless as it's to heavy to fly fast, and to slow to land punches

Frank (Electricity) - A Blue Frankenstein Monster with an afro... uses static electricity and electro magnetism - No real weakness, but it's just an average level form...

Swamp Fiend (Water/Dirt) - Looks kind of like a mummy, except with moss, seaweed, vines, mud, sludge, and the a bipedal crocodile like inner body... - Weakness is it is completely blind and relies entirely on smell...

The Phantom (???) - Capable of overshadowing people and using their magics (Can only take one at a time, and is limited to using their abilities)

The Zombie (???) - Capable of siphoning multiple magics from others (But also their weaknesses...)

The Empty (???) - Can't be seen by the normal eye (unless you had a magic eye like Erza, or the Laxus crew) The most powerful forms... Being able to see it is far from a good thing, this form is an Eldrict Abomination... Fighting it blindly is a better route of attack... (Powerful attacks like Fairy Law will utterly defeat it)
    Last edited by RezzieThaRapper; June 20, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to have Dragon slayer magic connected to the stars theres so many constellations that it would be a very versatile type but a caster kind of celestial dragon slayer magic. Urano metria is badass enough ha

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

magic nullification magic, if i were a more advanced version of obra's magic, that is if i make a contact with other mage i steal his ability and the mage i absorbed can no longer use magic

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member JunKisaragi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Elemental Summoning Magic (A variation of Celestial Spirit Magic, almost has the same rules) - I get to summon elemental beasts (most probably mythical creatures known for each element) and I also get to learn powerful elemental spells.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dark angel KaRamo's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

i would want Intergalactic Space magic like to use spell like space dragon meteor shower my hands become hard like a meteor and hot and punches at super fast speed, space dragon starlight beam a beam of light from my hand,space dragon fallen star shot a star in the sky it explode and hundreds of stars fall down and explode on impact ,space dragon absolute darkness a small ball of darkness in your hand that also suck your enemy oxygen slower, roar of the space dragon a dark hurricane with stars and meteor stuff like that and my ultimate defense space dragon dragon skin the skin well be star printed on it and bright, and star shield i would summon a small star in my hand and grow it bigger to block large scale attacks and i could draw lines with the star to profrom different attacks man that would be cool
    I would also have light magic mix with my DS magic
    Last edited by dark angel KaRamo; July 02, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would choose a hybrid type of Fairy magic that Koinzell uses, including a Fairy Takeover transformation and Requip magic that summons 4 huge magic-driven Black Swords from my arm, but I would only be able to use this magic when the moon is out.
    Human-Fairy hybrid magic ftw! But let's face it, Koinzell would have been so OP if he was in Fairy Tail.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dragons4life's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

My own magic would be called Dragon Emperor. It's a type of Dragon Slaying magic though it's not. It's user can (like with the whole Take Over magic[though it's not]) absorb the power of the dragon it's user has slain in his entire life. But there is a down-side to this magic, cuz like with Haku and Kimimaru in Naruto it's a blood line limit, and also like with the avatar the last airbender, when the Dragon Emperor is having an heir to the throne of the Dragon Emperor; at the moment of the heir's birth will the previous DE dies and will be incarnated into the new DE.
    The DE also has some duties to the DS, hence being the leader of the DS as the Dragon King is the leader of the dragons.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely kinetic absorption... anything that moves, the energy can be absorbed into another dimension, and stored up bit by bit, then when really need to use, you can repel it as much or as little as you need. Like lets say its a really windy day, i can absorb like 10(enter unit measurement here)... and when i need it, i can repel that 10(unit) kinetic energy to my arm to punch better...

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

which, in this case, all of your sword, meteor, oversoul will be ineffective against me, because fire breath, and sword swing all are moving... even water in a cup i can absorb because of the particles are moving...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kpmaie's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Rther than coming up with my own new magic I would love to have Dark Écriture as my magic. It's works well in short, medium and long distance, is very handy, very practical and though it's not as "flashy" as many other magic it can be really hax if used properly

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ILikeSleeping's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had in mind something similar to creation magic. I guess the idea is very similar to the types of creation magic already existing in Fairy Tail but with a mix of telekinesis.

Telekinetic-Make-A bit redundant, I know, but hear me out.

Appearance-wise, it's sort of like zig-zagging energy effects flowing passively around the body--Think shunko from Bleach.
    Except the energy is telekinetic energy, perhaps also a bit like Raven from Teen Titans I guess, for another mental image.
    The user can then control this transparent flowing energy into anything they can think of. It's also incredibly efficient in
    that the user can can either generate generate more of the energy to control or just disassemble what they had already
    made and just construct something else from it.

Non-Combat Uses=In the hands of a powerful user, this magic can give be used to create large constructions like giant
    mazes and such. Heck, they can even make an entire city out of it, given a bit of time and effort.

Combat Uses=Like most creation magic, the user can construct a variety of weapons to be quickly made for combat.
    However, because this magic works by bending telekinetic energy, it is quite a lot more versatile and can be used
    much faster than any creation magic. This magic can even mimic practically anything, just with it's own unique
    telekinetic take on it. So long as the user understands how it works, it can be mimicked. (I'm thinking Iron Man's
    Suit, Law's Room, Byakuya's Senbonzakura, Naruto's Nine-Tailed Fox Mode, Black Star's Tsubaki Weapon forms,
    Senji's Scythes, you name it as long as it is plausible).
    If the user is in a panic or needs to come up with something quick, the magic can be immediately used to
    augment the physical traits of the user. This is done by coating the body in telekinetic energy and using it to
    increase punch strength, defense, and can even be blasted out of the body to increase movement speed to
    near short-distance teleportation speeds.

Augment

Seems kind of simple at first, but it could potentially become one of the most OP magic in existence in the
    hands of the right user. Appearance-wise, when it is activated, tattoos appear all over the user's body starting
    at the hands. The magic is unlocked at stages and with each stage, more of the tattoos encompass the user's
    body. The tattoos glow white (or red, or green, or whatever, color isn't important here). The tattoo pattern
    is a series of lines.

Think this perhaps:

but FAR less clustered and condensed and perhaps more shapes involved like circles and such,
    particularly around the torso and head area.

The area around the user sort of starts having that effect that occurs for example in Bleach
    when a user has an incredibly high reiatsu (the area sort of vibrates and distorts). Or when
    Gildartz over powered Natsu with his magical force.

How it's used: So basically this magic does exactly what it's name implies: It augments.
    It augments EVERY aspect of the user. And it comes in 8 stages.

Stage 1: The user has a reaction time 1.5 times the speed of a normal human. All senses
    are given a considerable boost. Enough strength to lift a car overhead and fast enough
    to outrun a cheetah. Tattoo appears on backs of hands and sort of goes onto the wrists.

Stage 2: The user's reaction speed is doubled, all senses are boosted even more. Strength
    increases to the level where the user can demolish a 2 story house in one punch and is fast
    enough to outrun a commercial airplane flying overhead. The Tattoos are crawling up the
    arms. In the hands of an inexperienced user, the user is completely exhausted after this,
    in the hands of a more experienced user, the user is better off at varying degrees
    depending on how much the user has mastered the magic.

--You get the idea, I won't write the ones in between, but the amount the user
    is augmented and the area that the tattoos cover increases exponentially.

Stage 8: The user's reaction time has gotten to the point that it has become precognition. The
    user can practically now tell the future to a varying degree and can know events before they even
    occur. The senses stopped increasing after Stage 4, in order to not overload the user with too
    much information. The user at stage 8 is given a sixth sense-Mind reading. The user has enough
    strength to destroy entire cities by repeatedly ground pounding. And is so fast, that the user might
    as well be teleporting. At stage 6, the user was given a magic nullification barrier that worked to an
    extent. However, not at stage 8, this barrier protects against practically all but the strongest magics.
    It can even defend against Fairy Law or even Fairy Glitter to an extent. You are also now
    durable enough to tank 5 Abyss Breaks completely nude if you want.
    The glowing tattoos also cover the whole body at this point and the eyes are also now glowing.

HOWEVER: If an inexperienced user who lacks sufficient magical power were to enter this stage (either
    through some unwarranted method or by sheer willpower, the user's body will perish and nothing will remain.)
    Reaching and mastering this stage to an extent requires intense training and discipline. Even a master of this
    magic who has sufficient power may find himself incredibly exhausted and unable to move for a few days afters this.
    The user's life could be drained as a result of this magic, so Stage 8 should only be used as a last resort.
    However, this life draining can be bypassed if sufficient energy is supplied from an external source. i.e. someone else
    casting an incredibly hax spell, the energy could potentially be used to charge you while you are in this mode and
    could considerably lessen the risks. (Fairy Law, Abyss Break, etc.).

Phew, If you took the time to read all of that, then I am grateful.
    Last edited by ILikeSleeping; July 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ace17's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

my magic would space manipulation. i could trap any1 inside a pocket of space and the n shrink it in order to carry it around also i could make it that any1 inside a given space couldnt use magic anymore this type of magic would b great for bounty hunters i would also use rings with different elements in them

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AnimaFae's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pano View Post
    I really like the idea of an archangel form. This could be either Take Over magic or visible energy that appears white and can be manipulated at will. For a visual think Tyrael of Diablo. It has about everything I could want in magic:
    • The ability to fly with wings made of pure energy
    • A big sword that can grow in size
    • Long distance attacks by firing energy
    • It would look boss
    The possibilities are only limited by your imagination and power, like it should be with magic.

Another option for me would be card magic, if you can make the cards yourself of course. That way you can do battle without using much energy, seeing as you made the cards before the fight. Just think of all the card games that have been made, you could do a lot from summoning armies and huge attacks to giving yourself armor, weapons and other power-ups.
    haha i like the first one, but (not trying oy steal or change ur idea, just adding off of it ) wat if u could mold the weapon into any thing using the energy ?

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

i would want change anything. not switch, but distort. it will not only be able to harm others, but i will be also able to change wishes, memories, goals, and even time. there will be no problems with hurting or stopping others, and i can change anything as long as i know it exists. not very complicated, but basic things are sometimes the best.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That Memory Make magic seems to be the most versatile of the lot.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast