Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: (When) will Kenichi become a master?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

(When) will Kenichi become a master?

We all know God-hand's disciple was nearly at Master-level when he got defeated/let himself be defeated by Kenichi.
    So my question is: why is Kenichi still at disciple-level, I mean he wouldn't be a Ryouzanpakou master, but still...
    And another question: will he EVER become a master? Because if he is, he's gonna have to fight the 1 shadow at some point, wich means we're in for a 1000+ chapter long manga or a major lame-ass time skip!
    Btw: I wanna see him train again, it's been such a long time!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (When) will Kenichi become a master?

Who says kano was anywhere near master class? If anything pretty much the entire manga suggests that he was so far away from it that its not even funny. Kenichi has grown significantly stronger since he fought kano and miu was supposed to be just as strong as he was and even now they have run into people significantly stronger than either of them who are still not anywhere near master class. Remember tanaka? He is at the high end of the expert class and even then he almost killed kenichi and miu admitted neither of them would have a chance against him. For that matter, tanaka being at the high end of the expert class was not as strong as fortuna who was at the lowest end of the master class.

Also, since when is kenichi supposed to fight yami? Kenichi is not supposed to do that, even the most worthless master class fighter would give him such a beating it is not even funny. Kenichi's enemies are the yomi guys, his fellow disciples. If kenichi ever fights the one shadow it won't likely be the current one but whoever takes over for the next generation of martial artists.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember a page where The God hand said Kano was beginning to evolve into master class. This was when he was dodging the rubber bullets!
    And yes, his opponents are currently the disciples, but imo, they are like the "human world" in Toriko as yomi is the "gourmet world".
    In the end he's gonna have to fight some masters, is he not?
    And yes, perhaps the next one shadow, but with him being Miu's father now, and he wanting to protect Miu, maybe in a distant future!
    Btw: what good disciple doesn't surpass their master(s)?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What was actually said was that kano's body functioned in the same manner as a master class body. Still, the level showed by kano is nowhere even vaguely near to master class and if tanaka hadn't left the tournament he would have pretty much won easily.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Also, the issue here about kenichi fighting a master is that kenichi himself is so far away from the master class it is barely funny. Pengulu was merely an expert and alone he would have more than easily killed kenichi or miu. Fortuna was at the lowest level of the master class however even from that kenichi is way too far away for kenichi to reach. Tanaka has been doing martial arts for god knows how long and is bordering his 20s and he still hasn't reached even fortunas level...

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Kano Sho couldn't have been close to master level for one simple reason that he would need to be expert level before getting to master level.

As for if Kenichi will become a master, judging from the manga development, I have a feeling that he will stay disciple and at the end of manga maybe become expert and then we see him years in the future being a master at Ryozanpakou training his disciple. Just a guess.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Kano Sho couldn't have been close to master level for one simple reason that he would need to be expert level before getting to master level.

As for if Kenichi will become a master, judging from the manga development, I have a feeling that he will stay disciple and at the end of manga maybe become expert and then we see him years in the future being a master at Ryozanpakou training his disciple. Just a guess.
    He's already ascended to the expert levels he's not at an disciple level anymore at least not since his fight with Tanaka or Kokin
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    He's already ascended to the expert levels he's not at an disciple level anymore at least not since his fight with Tanaka or Kokin
    Why does everyone think ken is no longer in disciple class? hes a disciple therefore hes in disciple class tanaka has no master and trains himself, the way i see it once you ascend to expert class your master would have way less to do with your training from there on id say its more guidance than teaching them anything after you hit expert class its about walking down the path on your own since its the journey to master class. As for ken reaching master class i dont think it will happen, however i can see in the last 2-3 chapters of the manga matsuena will do like a 10 year time skip with ken and the gang in their mid 20's all grown up and ken will be like inheriting ryouzanpaku as its new leader or they will at least be inducting him as a fellow super master. But na dude hate to break it ya but thats the reason the mangas called 'strongest disciple' not 'strongest martial artist' however i do think by the end of the manga (as in before the time skip at the end) ken will be like the strongest disciple and probably the closest to ascending to 'expert-hood' Right now im just hoping matsuena gets back to kens story and backs off on the master fights for a while they are cool as hell dont get me wrong but after ken basically getting his ass handed to him all this arc im syked to see him back in action kickn'' ass!
    Last edited by blackmidnight; June 02, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You've misunderstood me I didn't say he was an expert I said he ascended to expert levels in terms of martial arts ability. I am well aware that he is still a disciple learning from six masters and that wont change anytime soon, but that does not mean his level of skill and power is on a disciple level.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; June 02, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

All the above guys lack insight. He can never be with Miu unless he beats the Elder. Enough said. It is a shounen, not rocket science. He will become not only Master but super Master level even stronger than the Elder and his son.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    All the above guys lack insight. He can never be with Miu unless he beats the Elder. Enough said. It is a shounen, not rocket science. He will become not only Master but super Master level even stronger than the Elder and his son.
    For starters even if he did surpass the elder he'd have to like train for decades to do it i doubt miu is going to wait till her mid 50's to be with ken in case you hadnt noticed hasnt really reciprocated proper love interest back or any hint that she even wants that kind of relationship with ken we just see her get jealous when some other chick hits on him (sigh women) Obviously its been tagged by matsuena himself as a romance manga aswell as action and martial arts so yeah their going to end up together. Also you pointed out how this is a shounen manga, correct and what happens in the shounen manga there is next to no full on proper romance going on till like the last 10 chapters. I also personally think the elders going to die at the eternal sunset so it wont matter whether he can defeat him or not anymore and mius dad has already given him the 'thumbs up' so basically all he's gotta do is get stronger than her than stay ahead of her and hes golden.

I also said i can see a 10 year time skip happening at the end of the manga so your incorrect saying that i never said ken wontl become a master, i said there wont be a lead up to it and it will only be a mini arc showing whats happened to everyone in the last 10 years. what your saying is the manga is going to continue on until he is such a master which is ridiculous the elder has said that the expert stage is the longest and roughest journey to becoming a master so ken has a long ways to go and it hasn't even been 2 years since he started training and were going on 500 chapters in soon. i like disciple fights more anyway theres more room for growth and experience to be gained. Their ore interesting than master fights thats for sure.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What? Miu has shown him she loves him. She kissed him in chapter 423. But that is not my point, just correcting a mistake you made.

The main guy is going to become super powerful by some deus ex machina. This is always the rule in shounens. A guy with no talent rising to the top through effort and becoming most powerful of all, it is always the same in shounens. They all tell him he has no talent have you not noticed? Explain to me how he managed to beat all these super powerful guys who are also talented and train since kids, with just some weeks/months training in a dojo. Obviously logic fails, thus it is a shounen. But the main point is that he has to overcome the Elder to be with Miu and that does not change. No reason for time skip, just training to reach the expert level, after that is master level and after that is super master. Just a long manga is all. He has fought all the kids (almost all of them) he needs to fight new opponents eventually.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga is likely to end once kenichi is done fighting all the kids IMO. There are quite a few left including plot points. The ryuto being with kensei plotpoint, the atlanti and whatnot, kajima, rachel (plotpoint), kushinada (plotpoint), natsu (plotpoint). That being said, it is not and it has never been kenichi's role to defeat yami in the first place. The manga does not actually require kenichi to become a master or even an expert. The manga is about the disciple, its even in the title. Kenichi's role is to do the unimportant and beat the shit out of fellow kids while in the background his masters do the actual important stuff and save the world.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch it happen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I take Elder's statement more in a joking manner. Elder is well aware that he can't prevent Miu from being with whomever she wants, and he wouldn't try to do that as well. It could also be interpreted as that he wants Kenichi to become strong enough to protect Miu.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    Watch it happen.
    Because it would make perfect sense for kenichi to become a master within the mid term? The issue at hand is just how overwhelmingly weak kenichi is when compared to master classes. Lets take a few things into consideration. The elder's 0.001% technique is more than a match for kenichi. Basically kenichi has been training and developing strong techniques and he is still not able to match a one thousand percent of the elder's power. Junazad is supposed to be an actual match to the elder and he is able to pretty much give the fodder treatment to super master classes (provided he does not let his guard down as he did a few times against akira). Akira is about as strong as sakaki a fellow super master class. The politician master was incomparably stronger than fortuna and even then a wounded sakaki who exposed his weak spots was able to give him the actual fodder treatment. Fortuna might have been at the lowest master class level however he was still a master class meaning that he is indeed strong enough to defeat tanaka who is almost master class. Tanaka, being only almost master class, was shown to be able to easily defeat kenichi(kenichi conformed to etiquette but had the elder not interfered kenichi would have been at least seriously wounded without a damn thing he could have done about it).

So... how does it make sense to kenichi to reach the level of super master classes? Its not like kenichi has to become a bit stronger, just reaching tanaka within the mid term would imply kenichi increased his strength tenfold. Of course, there are no radioactive spiders, superhuman serums, magic meteors, radioactive waste or even a magician for kenichi to even double his strength within the short term. More so, the manga is about the disciple, this is extremely important. The second kenichi stops being a disciple (which could even be a decent bit before even vaguely approaches a notion of being master class) the manga is plainly over (unless the author decides to continue it as "History's strongest master kenichi" which would feature a cowardly master shying away from the notion of confrontation only to suddenly beat the shit out of insane masters). Heck, kenichi's role in all of this is so far away from fighting masters that his masters have made a point of protecting him from them and outright telling him to run the hell away from them.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    I take Elder's statement more in a joking manner. Elder is well aware that he can't prevent Miu from being with whomever she wants, and he wouldn't try to do that as well. It could also be interpreted as that he wants Kenichi to become strong enough to protect Miu.
    I agree with that. It just wouldn't make sense for the elder to actually mean that, it would imply miu invariably die a virgin and he would never get greatgranchildren. I mean, the elder is theoretically capable of giving the fodder treatment to any master with the exception of the one shadow, junazad and kushinada.... Just 4 people in the manga reach such a level.... kenichi's odds are pretty bad if he has to reach the strength that only 4/700000000 reach lol. The elder is strict and most likely simply does not want miu fooling around with the kid who lives a few feet away from her room. They'd be going at it like drunken awkward superstrong monkeys in the mid future if left to their own devices lol.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast