Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 99 Discussion/100 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 99 Discussion/100 Predictions

i really dont think Shinso level is a factor to gauge your battle power, in a real battle you can be really diminant with strategy speed raw strength or powerful techs
    that test was a mere means to test the shinsoo level of any attack or raw shinso or sth.
    Rapdevil may or may not have more shinso than prince but that doesnt qualify him to be a stronger one in a real battle

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

btw is it me or can love change his size?
    i saw him n one of the pannel being actually same sized as baam
    btw there is a plot hole here, how does wangan know that this connector is the thing to be fought for? He wasnt there when Love explained the condition for the battle
    Last edited by shaheer; June 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    btw is it me or can love change his size?
    i saw him n one of the pannel being actually same sized as baam
    My answer is "NO", why the author was never really good with showing the size of a person, but I really don't care, besides the angle and a way of moving looks better to me this way...
    btw there is a plot hole here, how does wangan know that this connector is the thing to be fought for? He wasnt there when Love explained the condition for the battle
    Well, he must have heard the basic rules from Love, what was shown off screen on author's blog to us later (that Viole needs to get the connector from Love, how to take over rooms, ...), but not how, what was explained by Love later (that Viole has 3 chances to catch the connector, ...).

PS: this is all only my opinion on how I understood the stoy,,,
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    Well, he must have heard the basic rules from Love, what was shown off screen on author's blog to us later (that Viole needs to get the connector from Love, how to take over rooms, ...), but not how, what was explained by Love later (that Viole has 3 chances to catch the connector, ...).
    That's how I see it too. No need to "waste" panels by explaining something that can be delivered through a few sentences. SIU seems so hard-working, I can't really imagine him creating such a stupid (simple) plot hole.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

i really dont think Shinso level is a factor to gauge your battle power, in a real battle you can be really diminant with strategy speed raw strength or powerful techs
    that test was a mere means to test the shinsoo level of any attack or raw shinso or sth.
    Rapdevil may or may not have more shinso than prince but that doesnt qualify him to be a stronger one in a real battle
    Exactly. The possibilty and actual happening of far weaker guys beating/tricking a strong opponent is one of the series strengths

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I just thought about it, maybe Baam will be really the only one being send up but the rest of the regulars will get another shot at it from the beginning, and the still climbing Koon in the lower level will meet up with the guys in 20F and join them. Damn you SIU, alone with telling us that we get to see people from season 1, I get fired up

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

think we ll have to wait 7-10 more chaps till koon rak and others are shown
    Man all we talk abt is Koon but Rak was another awesome member of the trio who was (i m sure) as mortified as Koon when he got the news that Baam died.
    i think he ll get immensely strong to matter more in the story in this season

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Been reading Tower of God for the last few days and now finally reached this chapter . Will be interesting to see what'll happen now at any rate - Baam/Viole shouldn't have any reason to refuse Wangnan's offer, but he CAN be pretty stubborn. Still, he IS the only one who could cause an upset in the situation created by Lurker - and Lurker shouldn't have accounted for the possibility of him interfering (after all, by his own admission, he doesn't want to work with others, so...)

Anyway, when do the chapters come out? Sunday?
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; June 13, 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

hey bro welcome to the sub, love your work in The Breaker. Good to see you here too
    as for the chap in my time zone i generally get the chap by Monday, some times when the release is early we get it in sunday
    but Monday is the regular time

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Been reading Tower of God for the last few days and now finally reached this chapter . Will be interesting to see what'll happen now at any rate - Baam/Viole shouldn't have any reason to refuse Wangnan's offer, but he CAN be pretty stubborn. Still, he IS the only one who could cause an upset in the situation created by Lurker - and Lurker shouldn't have accounted for the possibility of him interfering (after all, by his own admission, he doesn't want to work with others, so...)

Anyway, when do the chapters come out? Sunday?
    I agree with that, honestly can't see Baam refusing. He may not like it but he will help, otherwise I don't see how the situation could be solved (and I want Lurker to get beat ).

And welcome to the ToG forum, always nice to see new members here shah's timezone should be way different compared to Europe, here it always arrives around 5 PM on Sunday thus it should be the same for your place (IIRC Sweden has the same timezone as Germany )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard it will even arrive 1 hour earlier than it normaly does.
    I´ve read the older chapters of tog season 2 again and there was 1-2 things, which catched my eye. First of all, the first time Wangnang and Nia was talking, Wangnag told him something like "I´m climbing the tower to find my true self" and was looking at his Zahardring, a little foreshadowing of a possibility that he doesn´t really know who he is and only got the ring? Or that his powers are sealed and he´s searching for a way to unseal them?
    Another thing I noticed was that in the second shinsoo test Baam didn´t just say I want to climb alone, he said something like "nobody is qualified to be my teammate", so maybe he would have chosen some members if they were different? Even in the first test it is like he gave Wangnang an opportunity to be chosen and in the end after he saw that even them are like any other regulars and only think of climbing he gave up on them and tried to fail them... So what I´m saying is, that Baam hasn´t not chosen Teammates because of the FUG-rules, but just because they weren´t people he saw as good fellows, thats why after seeing Wangnang care so much for his friend and is giving up even climbing to get revenge, Baam will change his opinion on him and will chose teammates...

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

hey bro welcome to the sub, love your work in The Breaker. Good to see you here too
    as for the chap in my time zone i generally get the chap by Monday, some times when the release is early we get it in sunday but Monday is the regular time
    Why, thank you . I don't do much though, it just so happens that I'm often the first to post the author's blog posts (and sometimes even the chapter itself) And thanks, that's good to know too

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I agree with that, honestly can't see Baam refusing. He may not like it but he will help, otherwise I don't see how the situation could be solved (and I want Lurker to get beat ).
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be many alternatives for how it could turn out... Unless Baam persists in taking the jerk(ish)-route <_< .

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    And welcome to the ToG forum, always nice to see new members here shah's timezone should be way different compared to Europe, here it always arrives around 5 PM on Sunday thus it should be the same for your place (IIRC Sweden has the same timezone as Germany )
    Thanks! . Hmm, I see... Well, that shouldn't be a problem for me then .

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    I heard it will even arrive 1 hour earlier than it normaly does.
    Well, if it's supposed to arrive early, that's good news then

I´ve read the older chapters of tog season 2 again and there was 1-2 things, which catched my eye. First of all, the first time Wangnang and Nia was talking, Wangnag told him something like "I´m climbing the tower to find my true self" and was looking at his Zahardring, a little foreshadowing of a possibility that he doesn´t really know who he is and only got the ring? Or that his powers are sealed and he´s searching for a way to unseal them?
    Well, there has got to be SOMETHING to him. After all, as a character he's overall a lot less... Clear than Baam was as the main character (kinda vauge motivation, seems like just an average joe, etc...). But there has got to be some reason for him to be the main character here.

Another thing I noticed was that in the second shinsoo test Baam didn´t just say I want to climb alone, he said something like "nobody is qualified to be my teammate", so maybe he would have chosen some members if they were different? Even in the first test it is like he gave Wangnang an opportunity to be chosen and in the end after he saw that even them are like any other regulars and only think of climbing he gave up on them and tried to fail them... So what I´m saying is, that Baam hasn´t not chosen Teammates because of the FUG-rules, but just because they weren´t people he saw as good fellows, thats why after seeing Wangnang care so much for his friend and is giving up even climbing to get revenge, Baam will change his opinion on him and will chose teammates...
    Ah. Well, I admit that I didn't think of that: that Baam has been secretly "testing" the others in the group (a la Kakashi's "bell test") in order to see if they're people he could team up with. And small wonder he'd do that - after all, in Part 1, the thing that caused the most problems for him (and caused people to betray him) was the single-minded desire of "wanting to climb the Tower at any cost" which caused people to forget about team work and only prioritize their own advancement at the cost of weaker or vulnerable team members. So what he might want this time around is team members who can put their own advancement up the tower aside for the team, sorta. He has gone to extreme lenght for it though, for whether he's truly a member of FUG or not, the fact that most people think he is means that they'll be extremly reculant to team up with him because teaming up with him could harm their own chances to climb the Tower, thus only those who can look away from their desire to climb the Tower (or have other goals) would truly be "fit" to be his team mates...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

That's Baam for you , he's a true genius indeed ...a monster genius

This chapter was amazing . I feel sorry for Wangnan , he really is at the end of his patience 'cause of Nia's death and well i don't blame him . He even managed to steal the get the connector . Nice job there :tumbs

I wonder if Baam will accept the deal though . He is kinda hard to deal with lately so there's no telling what he could do but i do hope they form a team and defeat that Lurker dude and Rapdevil . They are a pair of bastards

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So at this rate. The team that will be going up is:
    Baam
    Ja Wangnan
    Akraptor
    Kang Horyang
    Yeo Goseng
    Miseng
    Yeon
    Prince

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

The Company's Chapter 19 Scanlation

After nearly a week later, they finally released their version. Lol
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be many alternatives for how it could turn out... Unless Baam persists in taking the jerk(ish)-route <_< .
    I'm unsure about this as well but I can't really imagine Baam not helping <___<

Well, there has got to be SOMETHING to him. After all, as a character he's overall a lot less... Clear than Baam was as the main character (kinda vauge motivation, seems like just an average joe, etc...). But there has got to be some reason for him to be the main character here.
    In his blog post about the chapter he stated that there isn't a strict protagonist, not even Baam (who ultimately will be the driving force though). I agree with you that Wangnan lacked some things but that might be because he hasn't had the chance to shine on his own. At the start of ToG the focus was mainly on Baam while Wangnan shared the chapters with a lot of different people. I'm pretty sure as soon as we know more about his reasons and he gets more time to shine on his own he will be a pretty nice character - we already caught glimpses of it last chapter

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I wonder if Baam will accept the deal though . He is kinda hard to deal with lately so there's no telling what he could do but i do hope they form a team and defeat that Lurker dude and Rapdevil . They are a pair of bastards
    I so hope for it, Lurker will face a lot of pain <__<

Quote Originally Posted by masubiladin View Post
    So at this rate. The team that will be going up is:
    Baam
    Ja Wangnan
    Akraptor
    Kang Horyang
    Yeo Goseng
    Miseng
    Yeon
    Prince
    Don't forget that Love (still) gives Baam the chance to choose his teammates. I seriously doubt he will choose Prince, he might even decline a Zahard princess. Rest of the group seems likely though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    The Company's Chapter 19 Scanlation

After nearly a week later, they finally released their version. Lol
    well I'm relatively sure they take notice of northerncolors scanlation so that might lead to loosing some motivation to finish it fast :/ on the other hand I'm always looking forward to their blog post translation (which was another really interesting and long one). I'm more comfortable with their names too as northern sticks with the romanised korean names I'm not really used to.

And never forget that it's their effort that made ToG popular, I'm always thanking them for the release

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like things are moving forward more or less as expected.

Baam is strong, but not on par with a ranker. And he's really got no choice but to accept companions now. So begins the weary process of acclimating Baam to being with other people.

What I want to see now is Baam reconciling his old personality with his new one(as Viole). Basically I want to see some signs the Baam familiar to me from part 1 is a part of Viole instead of just rewritten as a different type of character entirely. As he is, I'm not very interested in the new Baam and if that doesn't change my interest in the series is going to plummet pretty soon.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 16, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast