Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 273

Thread: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion

  1. #241
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner marmalah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by yukilove21 View Post
    Well, Hoshino falls ill often and she has a bad back. And draw requires bending, so she has problems, you must understand.

    We've just got to stay patient, because Hoshino is continuing, despite being in pain.

    I'm fine, personally, with waiting. Last time she took a break off, we got that gorgeous spread and that beautiful chapter.

    No one's going to say that you should stop, because that would be rude, and you were just asking a question. No need to worry, dear.

    (BTW, I love your icon.)
    Ahh, I see, I heard about her wrist injury but I didn't know she had problems with her back, too. And I never knew they were that serious. Well that's good that she's still continuing D. Gray-Man, despite those injuries. It's better than nothing, I'm just a tad impatient and sometimes it gets the better of me. ^^; But thank you for letting me know (and in a very nice way, too; I appreciate that). And thank you! I love yours, too. I miss Cross so much. </3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei42 View Post
    Is it frustrating? Of course it is and quite often I have to put up with one of my friends(apparently a DGM 'fan' as well) bad mouthing the series because of the wait or she doesn't like where the story is going. It baffles me how someone can put down a series they supposedly like just because it's slow to release. It's just something we're gonna have to cope with. No ifs or buts about it.
    I totally agree with you. It is frustrating to wait, but that doesn't make me love the manga any less - it shouldn't make anyone love it any less, much less hate it. I've seen so many people do that, too (complain about how it's a terrible manga because of the monthly releases). It's really sad, because D. Gray-Man is such an amazing series, despite the slow releases and drastic art changes and hiatuses, etc.
    ... I actually really like the current art style. c: Kanda and Allen look beautiful, and I really like how they look now compared to the very beginning of DGM (to me, Allen looked like he was like, 12 xD). They look a lot older without looking too old. And I just noticed a chapter or two ago, but when did Johnny's glasses stop being all super-swirly? o_o
    Last edited by marmalah; August 01, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

  2. #242
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Vietnam
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    -An Apocryphos who should know Allen past self
    -Two Noah nearby, one is a memories digger and one has connection with Nea waiting for action. (Allen's past may be revealed a little bit more?)
    -One of the most powerful Exorcists (not include Generals), also a Crystal-type, being just right where the Apocryphos is (I have wondered for so long if Apocryphos's absorb ability can do anything to Crystal-type Innocences along with their Accomodators)
    My body is ready for another waiting since the cast for epicness is almost full *crossfinger*

    I hope Road can show up as well as Lavi but it seems all characters who know secrets about Allen or realised something is odd about him (Cross for example) are being silenced by Hoshino. @@

    Quote Quote:
    when did Johnny's glasses stop being all super-swirly? o_o
    After the hiatus, I think @@

  3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #243
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Paradise City
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    Anyone who's turbo sad with D.gray-man's shaky releases, make a list of new animes to watch! Might as well burn some time enjoying new things. : D

    It's going to suck so bad if Apo eye-hosed Kanda with his feather fingers, all of Johnny's work and everybody's stuff.... unattended! Also seriously hoping Allen gets in touch with his original self, complete with random old man rants about "kids these days" predominately aimed towards Kanda.

    Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #244
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei42 View Post
    I wish more artists had that attitude. I can remember the art for the last chapter of Blue Exorcist was a real eye opener. I know some people moaned about the sketchiness of a few panels from 215 of DGM, but with BE it seemed like every other panel was sketchy and hadn't been inked in. It was really distracting and made me wonder why they even bothered. I'm not sure about the circumstances or id the mangaka is ill or something but it really did make me blink.
    Frankly, Blue Exorcist has at least a decent track record of inking and colorings being done on time and adequately. Last month was an anomaly, unlike Hoshino. In Hoshino's case it is a consistent problem. And for all you say about Blue Exorcist's chapter art last month, I don't think it was nearly as bad as DGM chapter 197 art ("retardo" anyone?). So what's more "eye-opening", a one-time issue where obviously the assistants and Kazue were a week behind or a repeating issue of crappy drawing showing up frequently?

    I've been reading both for quite a while. But if you knock Blue Exorcist on anything, don't knock it on consistency.

    I still say that last month Kazue and Hoshino decided to go on a wild clubbing adventure. It's the only positive explanation for this month's DGM hiatus and last month's half-completed AnE chapter.

    I guess the big problem with Hoshino is that she even tries to make monthly deadlines. She's been experimenting with that and it seems like she can't. So why can't she transition officially to a "once every two months" schedule? If it's already informally so, why not make it official? I really would prefer to read 40-page in-depth chapters rather than her attempts at trying to eke out suspense. She plainly can't do it in a month, so she shouldn't promise to.

    I kinda stopped holding Hoshino to a schedule after the chapter 186 hiatus and reading capslock DGM summaries.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

  7. #245
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    680
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    i have to agree with earth here. true ANE can be sketchy sometimes but at least we get something. plus i feel like hoshino is still struggling, after what two years, in the pacing of the chapters. it still feels like she's still trying to make it weekly, which is making this manga extremely slow paced considering the amount of information we normally get in one week is what we're now getting monthly and even then, monthly can sometimes be bi-monthly. if hoshino really is in that much pain and tyring to get these chapters out monthly is putting too much strain on her than i think the best decision for her would be to go the bi-monthly root. it doesn't mean her story or her drawing isn't amazing just that it would be better for her to rest more and then have more time to think of how she's going to plan the chapter out that way we get more info. plus if it was bi-monthly then maybe there would be less missed chapters and less dissapointed fans.
    again not bashing on hoshino or her abilities at all. even though i haven't met her i think she's an amazing person with the commitment she puts into this manga.
    now to talk a little about this chapter i really don't know how allen intends to get away from apo guy. last time allen was able to get away because tyki, road, link, and tim helped him out. this time he doesn't have all that help just johnny( not much help coming from there unless he suddenly goes all ninja on apo's ass) and kanda, but last time i checked kanda was kinda oblivious to the entire apo thing since he wasn't at the order when it happend and nobody really knows the truth of what happened during allen's great escape. unless kanda's spidey senses were tingling. then there's also the possibility of link coming to the rescue.

  8. #246
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sensei42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Frankly, Blue Exorcist has at least a decent track record of inking and colorings being done on time and adequately. Last month was an anomaly, unlike Hoshino. In Hoshino's case it is a consistent problem. And for all you say about Blue Exorcist's chapter art last month, I don't think it was nearly as bad as DGM chapter 197 art ("retardo" anyone?). So what's more "eye-opening", a one-time issue where obviously the assistants and Kazue were a week behind or a repeating issue of crappy drawing showing up frequently?

    I've been reading both for quite a while. But if you knock Blue Exorcist on anything, don't knock it on consistency.

    I still say that last month Kazue and Hoshino decided to go on a wild clubbing adventure. It's the only positive explanation for this month's DGM hiatus and last month's half-completed AnE chapter.

    I guess the big problem with Hoshino is that she even tries to make monthly deadlines. She's been experimenting with that and it seems like she can't. So why can't she transition officially to a "once every two months" schedule? If it's already informally so, why not make it official? I really would prefer to read 40-page in-depth chapters rather than her attempts at trying to eke out suspense. She plainly can't do it in a month, so she shouldn't promise to.

    I kinda stopped holding Hoshino to a schedule after the chapter 186 hiatus and reading capslock DGM summaries.
    Wow 0.o I wasn't really knocking BE at all it was just an example. I could have easily used several other manga(saiyuki comes to mind) and yes it was 'an eye opener' when I was used to seeing good work from BE. I was really just trying to point out that even though Hoshino's drawings can be a bit sketchy now and then she doesn't release a half finished work. Which is what happened with BE last month, that's all.

    I always blame the hiatuses on Hoshino's cat Koro, makes for some interesting scenarios. During the 6 month hiatus he trapped her in the bathroom and she was forced to eat toothpaste to survive until her assistants found her.

    Quote Quote:
    now to talk a little about this chapter i really don't know how allen intends to get away from apo guy. last time allen was able to get away because tyki, road, link, and tim helped him out. this time he doesn't have all that help just johnny( not much help coming from there unless he suddenly goes all ninja on apo's ass) and kanda, but last time i checked kanda was kinda oblivious to the entire apo thing since he wasn't at the order when it happend and nobody really knows the truth of what happened during allen's great escape. unless kanda's spidey senses were tingling. then there's also the possibility of link coming to the rescue.
    I'm putting my money on Link. I'm fairly certain he's lurking around somewhere keeping an eye on Allen. Although given his track record with the Apo >.> we'll see. I change my mind, Ninja Assasin Johnny it is.
    Last edited by Sensei42; August 02, 2012 at 03:58 AM.

  9. #247
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Biomogyi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Hungary
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    So one more month, i get it, i survive it, at least i can reread the whole manga, maybe i rewatch the anime too. I wish Hoshino will be "ok" soon, i really want to read the next chapter, but Hoshino's health is more important, so get well Hoshino-sensei.

  10. #248
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    'm putting my money on Link. I'm fairly certain he's lurking around somewhere keeping an eye on Allen. Although given his track record with the Apo >.> we'll see. I change my mind, Ninja Assasin Johnny it is.[/QUOTE]

    I'm leaning more towards the side of the noah intervening. If Link's primary goal is to "befriend the 14th (note* not Allen) to gain his trust then Link would have to be a bit more calculative in his approach. Also Link has had some of his memories erased so I'm not sure how well he'll handle such a situation not even knowing the nature of Apo. Also I think Link would want to make sure that Allen does not know of his existence just yet or rather he would prefer Allen not to know of him being alive at all as this might compromise the mission at hand (this is just my guess though.

    Ninja assasin Johnny sounds like a no no to me too, however I have this sinking feeling that Hoshino plans to do something cunning with those electric bracelets around his and Allen's wrist,

  11. #249
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    I think Apo is going to be revealing something (probably small) next chapter about Past!Allen. It could be possible and I'm hoping for it...

    And then it might trigger something in Allen's mind, but he won't understand, of course.

    Right now, I'm wondering about how Timcanpy will be triggering Allen's memories, though. Maybe he knew p!Allen too, when Neah was still alive?

    (I'm not gonna lie, Allen and Neah being friends ever fails to make me smile.)


    Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

  12. #250
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    680
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    what puzzles me is that how could neah be (apparently) friends with Past!Allen. well neah was friends (or at least "partners in crime") with cross so i guess its not surprise, but what i mean is shouldn't Past!allen have had the innocence back then too, yet it seems neah was suprised to see allen with it. i get that chaoji got an innocence later on in life during the ark arc but allen's is a parasitic type innocence (and that of his arm too) not a weapon type like chaoji. i can't imagine that an innocence would completely rip off somebody's arm and then take its place there after. with aleister cross basically delivered the innocence to him but i think that the way crow-chan's innocence worked was sort of like those fake vampire teeth. maybe i'm wrong but still, didn't komui say that a parasitic type innocence isn't even made out of human cells? so allen couldn't just one day have his entire arm not be made out of human cells. and if that's the case wouldn't neah have realised allen was an innocence user earlier??? gah!!! too many questions and not enough answers my brain hurts!!!!

  13. #251
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Singapore
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    what puzzles me is that how could neah be (apparently) friends with Past!Allen. well neah was friends (or at least "partners in crime") with cross so i guess its not surprise, but what i mean is shouldn't Past!allen have had the innocence back then too, yet it seems neah was suprised to see allen with it. i get that chaoji got an innocence later on in life during the ark arc but allen's is a parasitic type innocence (and that of his arm too) not a weapon type like chaoji. i can't imagine that an innocence would completely rip off somebody's arm and then take its place there after. with aleister cross basically delivered the innocence to him but i think that the way crow-chan's innocence worked was sort of like those fake vampire teeth. maybe i'm wrong but still, didn't komui say that a parasitic type innocence isn't even made out of human cells? so allen couldn't just one day have his entire arm not be made out of human cells. and if that's the case wouldn't neah have realised allen was an innocence user earlier??? gah!!! too many questions and not enough answers my brain hurts!!!!
    You know, that might just be the case. What if Past!Allen got his hand ripped out, and an innocence implanted in its place? Though, there's also the age regression and the time travel theories and... err... I think I'm starting to support the travel back in time theory.

  14. #252
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Biomogyi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Hungary
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    I was just thinking that everyone who knows something about the 14th or Past!Allen are just disappear from the manga, for a while or forever. I mean for example Road just disappeared, and Cross died(?) all in all we don't know what the hell just happened to them or where are they. I hope in the next chapter we can figure out some more about them or at least i want to know what was the relationship between Road and Nea. I mean Nea killed every Noah, but Road was the only one, who survived, right? I just wonder why....
    ~Allen Walker~ Just admit it! He is HOT and CUTE.

  15. #253
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    680
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomogyi2 View Post
    I was just thinking that everyone who knows something about the 14th or Past!Allen are just disappear from the manga, for a while or forever. I mean for example Road just disappeared, and Cross died(?) all in all we don't know what the hell just happened to them or where are they. I hope in the next chapter we can figure out some more about them or at least i want to know what was the relationship between Road and Nea. I mean Nea killed every Noah, but Road was the only one, who survived, right? I just wonder why....
    well the earl didn't die...or did he???

  16. #254
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Biomogyi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Hungary
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    The Earl said that he died too and Road said the she is the one who hadn't reincarnated. And in some chapter the Earl says that he was killed by Nea.
    In this chapter Road says:

    I don't know which chapter does the Earl says that he was killed (by Nea) but i clrealy remember that he said that. Of course after that the Earl and every Noah reincarnated.
    ~Allen Walker~ Just admit it! He is HOT and CUTE.

  17. #255
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ArtificialApostle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

    I believe you're referring to when the Earl said he died seven thousand years ago in a fight against the Heart and the remaining twelve apostles repopulated the Earth; since it's the only time I can remember reading the Earl actually had died (vol. 19, chapter 187). Other then that, I'm pretty sure the 14th killed all but Road and the Earl. And when the 14th attempted to kill the Earl and take his place, the Earl killed him instead.
    Last edited by ArtificialApostle; August 11, 2012 at 04:16 PM.

New Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts