Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Prediction

I was wondering, it seems like Cross didn't knew who Allen was before he met Red...
    Isn't it strange that both Past!Allen and Cross were "friends/followers" with Neah but that they didn't knew each other? Also it seems to me that Neah never told Cross about a Allen at all, except for the part that he would come back through Allen 0.0....

@ArtificialApostle yes you're right, Neah killed every Noah except for Road and the Earl.
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sensei42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Response to Dlanor_A.Knox: Cross(in the novels) asked if Red's name was Allen and sort of shrugged and gave up when Red responded with confusion. So that says to me that Cross knew who Allen was and was actively searching for him. The fact that he asked a young Red if his name was Allen suggests that he knew 'Allen' would either appear young or in a new body entirely.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Cross was A little surprised when he found a young kid as Neahs host though...I wonder what Cross found out before he got Apo'd
    To me it doesn't seem like Cross knew old Allen personally at least.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Biomogyi2's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Road knows a lot of about this Past!- Current!Allen thing and also knows this old friendship thing between Nea and Allen, the relationship between Cross and Nea, and i also want to know what is the relationship between Nea and Road. I want to know more about Nea, and i also want to know more about Allen of course, and so and so. Now i really want to read the new chapter, i can't wait for it >.<
    ~Allen Walker~ Just admit it! He is HOT and CUTE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a theory what if nea was Allens walkers true father it would explain so much stuff why mana choose to raise him. why neah knows him and why he has the memories of the 14th. It could be that the reason why nea left the noah clan was because of a girl but he was not safe and had to leave her but the girl was Preg with Allen walker

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Biomogyi2's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Myrosins View Post
    I have a theory what if nea was Allens walkers true father it would explain so much stuff why mana choose to raise him. why neah knows him and why he has the memories of the 14th. It could be that the reason why nea left the noah clan was because of a girl but he was not safe and had to leave her but the girl was Preg with Allen walker
    Nice theory, but in the 215th chapter Nea says Allen and Nea were friends. I mean i just can't imagine that a father would say to his son, that "good bye my friend" and "from now on we are enemies". Or that could be that it wasn't only Allen who forgot everything about Nea, but also Nea forgot about Allen, so it can be Nea forgot that Allen is his son and so and so...
    ~Allen Walker~ Just admit it! He is HOT and CUTE.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just gonna number bullet point cos I'm just in from work and cannot brain.

Why the Neah=Allen's father theory doesn't hold water.

1)While Mana did raise Allen it appears that Mana is completely off his rocker. It doesn't completely disprove your theory but Neah was not in his right mind for most of the time. He even named his dog Allen.

2)In the very brief flashback we saw of Neah at the point where Allen offered himself up to take Neah's memories, Neah and Allen look like young men and similar in age. Neither looks old enough to be father/son to each other.

3) Plus in that same flashback Allen was calling Neah by his name, not father or dad.

If anything I'd wager a fair bit of money of Neah being Tyki's dad since several characters have mentioned the similarity between them.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he'd be Tyki's dad, either... Tyki is about 27 and Neah died 35 years ago so.... I still don't know what to think about the Neah/Tyki thing though... Maybe Tyki is loosely related to Neah, or like a cousin or something.

I will admit that I was on the "neah is allen dad" side of the coin, but just with certain fanfictions and stuff, not canon wise.

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Nea or Past!Allen had time for the ladies.

The idea that Allen was taken and somehow de-aged and made an exorcist or went through a process similar to the second exorcist project via the Heart's/Apo-folks wizardry has my vote. It's very clean and simple, and matches Apo's creepy and confusing comment about Allen growing into a beautiful exorcist.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

10. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'm with that theory too! I had that idea ever since I first saw the spoilers for 215. It's the only theory on how Allen de-aged and got his innocence that sounds plausible to me...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    Also seriously hoping Allen gets in touch with his original self, complete with random old man rants about "kids these days" predominately aimed towards Kanda.
    Pffft! Yes!

Oldie Moldie Allen: Git offa my lawn, ya bastid whippersnapper!*shaky fist shaking*
    Kanda: Nuts to you, old man
    Allen: And where are you going at this late hour, youngun? It's nearly seven thirty!! You should be in bed.
    Kanda: Scott Joplin concert.
    Allen: You kids and your devil music!
    Kanda: Wanna go?
    Allen: I'll get my cane, three shawls, and my ear trumpet. Hang tight.

I'm on board thinking Allen was de-aged and hooked up with Innocence, most likely by Apocryphos and probably to hinder Nea in some way. And involving some tortuous abomination of a procedure Hoshino will make our eyes bleed with at some point, of course.

I'm super curious about the next chapter and what's going to happen now that Apocryphos has caught up with Allen & Co.
    Since you can't harm that thing with Innocence, it appears there are only two ways they can get out of it. A.) They hightail it out of there (after all, Allen's been able to dodge it for months), and B.) some Noah are going to have to show up and bring some Dark Matter rage to the party. I'm really, really hoping for B.
    I hope the Apocryphos doesn't get taken down before it can answer some more questions about Allen's past.
    Wait, what am I saying?? It's far more likely that it's just going to raise even more questions. Psssht
    Last edited by Bloomerwedgies; August 25, 2012 at 07:13 PM.

13. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol omg.

Hoshino sure does seem to like to torture us and Lavi.

I wonder how Apo would have known about Neah though...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Lavi? Who is this Lavi you speak of? I know not of him!

*sobs* I miss him!

16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been two months since I vowed to return and add in SFX to whatever was missing in my translation script. In the end, I failed. Miserably. I sort of lost some weird SFX drive to go back and add in. Adding on that I had a busy summer, sort-to-speak. Kingdom Hearts: DDD came out and sucked my attention away from a lot of things.

Now, I'm back and happy to catch with you guys on your interesting speculative thoughts as to what's going to happen with the next chapter. (Had no idea that 216 did not come out until the middle of last month.) However, I may not be able to help you guys out this time if I do go away by Labor day (US holiday) weekend. I am a bit worried about Hoshino's bi-monthly release habit, however, her health comes first. The 2ch people are also a bit worried about whether she's being forgotten or something, but I'd rather hold on to some hope and cheer for Hoshino to do what she needs to do.

*puts soul in place to watch and wait for 216*

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Self-amusement during the spoiler wait--only a day or two, yay!
    A couple of little things that are gnatting at me...for one, that Order golem Hoshino insists on showing snoozing snugly in Kanda's collar in every close-up he's had in the last 4 chapters. It's a liability! I have such a golem fixation, *laugh*. What if it gets switched on? It'd be a homing beacon they really don't need. Ah, well...I suppose, if everyone else on Team Allen is in possession of a personal golem, it would be unfair for Kanda not to have one--even if it is in sleep mode. Also, Link being alive and poor Allen not knowing and still suffering over it. I hope he finds out soon; he could use a morale boost.

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    You should do this strange dialogue commedy more often
    Well, in that case...I am not even sorry for what is about to occur. *Cheshire Cat Smile*

Various Conversations About Very Little Indeed; or, What Apocryphos Overheard
    Allen: *eyeing Johnny's golem* So, Johnny...is that what happens when you clean your hairbrush and make a golem out of the result?
    Johnny: I call him "Frizzles". We're ever such good friends.
    A: Uh...huh. Say, you couldn't see your way to releasing me from these electro-cuffs, couldja? I promise not to run away again. *winsome sparkling*
    J: Suuuuure. Those stay on until you accept our friendship and assistance, you little martyr. And for the last time, we are not here to take you back to jail. I mean, come on, would the Order really send Kanda and me? Think about it. Speaking of jail, what was it like?
    A: Oh, you've never been?
    J: Not unless you count rehab. Komuvitan D-II is a harsh mistress.
    A: Well, lemme tell you. It was an absolute crashing bore, and Timcanpy needed a bath in the worst way imagineable--
    Across the street, Timcanpy: AH-CHOOOO!!
    Kanda: YUCK! Cover your mouth, ya varmint!
    T:*hee hee*
    A: --but where do you hose down a golem the size of a pilot whale? I ask you. Oh, Link did come to visit me. But I guess you know how that went.
    J: Ouch, yeah. I heard it was really grisly. Blood everywhere, like Jack the Ripper went bananas up in there. Poor kid.
    A: D:
    J: Various organs disarranged, etc. It was a closed casket funeral and everything...
    A: I really don't want to hear this.
    J: ...I guess there wasn't enough wax and sawdust in the undertaker's repertoire to make that mess presentable.
    A: OMG, JOHNNY, SHUT UP
    J: Almost everybody thinks you murdered him, too; that can't be a good feeling. What's wrong, Allen? You look a little green around the old gills.
    A: *blue screen*
    J: Well, this'll make you feel better; a lot of us sent flowers for the service. They really covered up the smell of death and formalin; it was like there wasn't a mangled corpse in the coffin at all!
    A: Wow. That is truly a great comfort. You're so thoughtful.
    J: Aw, shucks. It was nothing!
    K: Ew...it's in my hair and eveything...well, at least you've stopped crying.
    T: *flappity-flap*
    K: Who, this sleeping golem? Meh, it's just standard issue. I don't even have the heart to name it; not since my last one mysteriously disappeared.
    T: *eep* *sweat drop*
    K: What is it, Tim? You look uncomfortable. You need the litterbox or something?
    Last edited by Bloomerwedgies; August 31, 2012 at 02:49 AM.

20. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast