Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 215 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Suddenly Akuma's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 215 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious_Kaitou View Post
    So if 彼 was he or that, the meaning would be really different... I can't contribute to the discussion of this since my Japanese standard is really weak orz. Thanks for the Japanese text anyway! If it's 'he', it could refer to past!Allen, if it's 'that', then it's Bookman. Anyone with better Japanese can clarify? O_o
    To clarify somewhat concerning 彼の the reading that is used is "kano", which is definitely the reading for "that". I really, really wasn't clear enough concerning that in my last post, so I apologize. orz
    Which sort of makes me wonder why the group used "he", since it doesn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    it might be that allen turned into a kid becouse of apo... but what if its his natural ability... just like road can turn into a young girl as she wants with her ability...
    I think it's rather unlikely that it's a "natural ability". Road's ability to change her appearance is related to her Noah powers, and the fact that the "Road" we see is not her real body.

Quote Originally Posted by tsukasa-kun View Post
    Wasn't it Mana who gave him the name Allen anyway? So maybe it's just coincidence on the name part.
    Yes, Mana gave Current!Allen the name, but he was likely aware of Nea's friend Past!Allen. If he knew about Past!Allen offering himself up to protect Nea's memories, he may have been subconsciously trying to keep "Allen" by his side, even if wasn't quite the right Allen. It could have been just by pure luck that he stumbled across Current!Allen and in all of his crazy mistook him for Dog!Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLupus View Post
    I don't think that Allens memories about Mana are false or messed up o.o
    Cross promised the 14th, he'll watch over Mana and so he did, and he also watched over Mana as Allen was with him.
    If Allens memories were false or messed up, Cross memories would too.
    Not only that, but Timcanpy's recordings would also have to be fabricated, if that were the case.
    Last edited by Suddenly Akuma; July 06, 2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: typos
    User Icon(Avatar) made by me, please do not use without crediting

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

More past!Allen art from Pixiv~

I don't really have anything to say... Just thought you guys would enjoy this :U...

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suddenly Akuma View Post
    I think it's rather unlikely that it's a "natural ability". Road's ability to change her appearance is related to her Noah powers, and the fact that the "Road" we see is not her real body.
    This is up for debate, there is no full confirmation that her real body is not that body she uses as her human self. To make it simple, in Rewind-town nobody could enter or communicate with the town from the outside, she had to be inside, her body went in thus i believe that is her body, however she might be able to change her form drastically on will alone (as in dream-daydream).
    The fact she got hurt badly when the Apo hit her suggests the same thing that that is her, now what her genuine form is is unclear.

I think the main problem is with the fact that changing form is a almost shared ability with lullubell. But i think it could be relatively simple,
    Road can dream-daydream anything she wants and make it real, including her own body size/shape.
    Lullubell can simply alter her form/shape on will. In a sense Roads power is way more diverse and probably stronger. But i think its weakness might be that in reality the person itself doesnt change, so hitting her directly with force of Apos typ is enough to knock her out/kill her.

The entire remote control thing that some people suggests is nice but where is the ground for it, after all wouldn't that mean shes at vast distance, and can she even project that far. so i think the idea i have is more possible then some remote sent image from their ark.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps chapter 137's mysterious elderly person is Road's original body. Hiding herself in plain sight, under the protection of the order, seems like it would just suit her sense of humor! She could do whatever she liked in perfect safety knowing no one would ever think to look for her there, and if there was ever any trouble, she could just flit off to wrap presents in a dark room somewhere like she always does. *hee*

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Perhaps chapter 137's mysterious elderly person is Road's original body. Hiding herself in plain sight, under the protection of the order, seems like it would just suit her sense of humor! She could do whatever she liked in perfect safety knowing no one would ever think to look for her there, and if there was ever any trouble, she could just flit off to wrap presents in a dark room somewhere like she always does. *hee*
    And you just blew my mind.

Certainly fits the 'old person' requirement, not sure that it's very likely but it's good to consider all possibilities. Wow, talk about out of the box thinking.

Ps. Did anyone else besides yukilove21 read my tldr; theory? :

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I assumed that the old person from Chapter 137 was old man Zu and never really thought any more of it.

Now that you mention it though, it really could be Road. That would certainly explain why the mysterious person could give Malcolm so much information. What a twist that would be!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Suddenly Akuma's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    This is up for debate, there is no full confirmation that her real body is not that body she uses as her human self. To make it simple, in Rewind-town nobody could enter or communicate with the town from the outside, she had to be inside, her body went in thus i believe that is her body, however she might be able to change her form drastically on will alone (as in dream-daydream).
    The fact she got hurt badly when the Apo hit her suggests the same thing that that is her, now what her genuine form is is unclear.

I think the main problem is with the fact that changing form is a almost shared ability with lullubell. But i think it could be relatively simple,
    Road can dream-daydream anything she wants and make it real, including her own body size/shape.
    Lullubell can simply alter her form/shape on will. In a sense Roads power is way more diverse and probably stronger. But i think its weakness might be that in reality the person itself doesnt change, so hitting her directly with force of Apos typ is enough to knock her out/kill her.

The entire remote control thing that some people suggests is nice but where is the ground for it, after all wouldn't that mean shes at vast distance, and can she even project that far. so i think the idea i have is more possible then some remote sent image from their ark.
    While it's true that it not being her real body was never explicitly stated, she dematerialized after Apo punched her(if it was her real body there, she should have had to use her doors, and there's no chance she's dead). Tyki said (although he wasn't sure), that the damage might have reached her Noah memory. Apo isn't a normal innocence; It's entirely possible at this point, considering how little we know about Apo(or even the Innocence in general), that it not being Road's real body wouldn't matter for him.

According to Hoshino, her transformation abilities are in fact rather limited.
    And while I do think she's likely very powerful, I'd also like to point out that the candle spikes and her doors are the only examples we've been shown of her actually "creating" anything out of thin air.

Since she's the "Noah of Dreams", I'm not sure distance would matter that much if it really is a case of her projecting an image while her real self is safely tucked away. And if her hypothetical real body is on the ark, I'd think the distance from her real body would be a bit of moot point anyway, considering the Ark is it's own separate dimension that, IIRC, doesn't really have a specific place where it "exists".

Also, because I'm typing while tired, I'm just going to apologize in advance if any of that is confusing or makes no sense or something.
    User Icon(Avatar) made by me, please do not use without crediting

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suddenly Akuma View Post
    While it's true that it not being her real body was never explicitly stated, she dematerialized after Apo punched her(if it was her real body there, she should have had to use her doors, and there's no chance she's dead). Tyki said (although he wasn't sure), that the damage might have reached her Noah memory. Apo isn't a normal innocence; It's entirely possible at this point, considering how little we know about Apo(or even the Innocence in general), that it not being Road's real body wouldn't matter for him.

According to Hoshino, her transformation abilities are in fact rather limited.
    And while I do think she's likely very powerful, I'd also like to point out that the candle spikes and her doors are the only examples we've been shown of her actually "creating" anything out of thin air.

Since she's the "Noah of Dreams", I'm not sure distance would matter that much if it really is a case of her projecting an image while her real self is safely tucked away. And if her hypothetical real body is on the ark, I'd think the distance from her real body would be a bit of moot point anyway, considering the Ark is it's own separate dimension that, IIRC, doesn't really have a specific place where it "exists".

Also, because I'm typing while tired, I'm just going to apologize in advance if any of that is confusing or makes no sense or something.
    Id like to point out that she moves along with Tyki while going to meet up with allen.
    She went into rewindtown while its locked off from the real world, made allen hug her to show she was human( be it more then just that) and blew her face off with his akuma weapon.
    When she activated the copying of the ark to the new ark you see her *iceskating* and then form that bulb or w/e it is. So why go around like that if its just a projection, to copy the ark?

Thing is too much supports the idea of her to be there in the flesh, and not a projection. I agree that she can change her form but the idea that shes projecting is disputed.

another thing is she showed the noah marks when she got angry or wanted to use her power. Something that is not needed if its just projecting something fake. True can be a disguise but still.

My bet is she uses the doors only for show and transporting others along with herself. And that the dreamworld is where she resides to regenerate.

Its just that a lot of these things are hard to combine with the idea that that isnt her real self. It would make rewindtown more or less pointless. Especially for Allen if that isnt her real self he can forget about the ordeal.
    I mean the encounter with road gave the intell that these noah were humans with super powers, and not akuma. If Road were a projection then that info can go into the bin. Cause there would be no telling what Road is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Cause there would be no telling what Road is.
    well what if Road has the ability to materialize object into real world from dream/illusion world...kinda she sleeps somewhere maybe in her own illusion world...and with her ability she can pass over her soul to material world in any form she wants... be it small doll, small girl or grown up lady.... the same goes for those candles... its her attack but she do needs to materialize it as it does dmg.... kinda like innocence weapons... normaly their form is hidden but when called they turn into strange weapons

it might work the same way... but if the material body is dmged (like apo hitting road and make her disappear later)...the dmg goes throught the soul to the real body...but I wonder if road can only make stuff that is already in the illusion world.... I was wondering why road uses all those toys...baby looking stuff.... maybe its reffering to times of small mana and neah (babies).... and all those stuff is kinda taken from memory of that time

hard to tell but I wonder if road could jump into allens memories and try to see what happened to allens memories... if not her then maybe lulubell could on roads request...but we need to see if road returned to noah's or is she still missing

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone has any idea whn the scanlation gonna come out?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not at all, Lawlett-kun... imma cry.

About Road, thought, I think her true body is sleeping - has always been sleeping. And that's how she can make her body change - restore itself, change shape, ect.
    But, what if Apo's punch was strong enough to hit her actual body, waking up from her sleep?

I'm not good at theories...

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukilove21 View Post
    Not at all, Lawlett-kun... imma cry.

About Road, thought, I think her true body is sleeping - has always been sleeping. And that's how she can make her body change - restore itself, change shape, ect.
    But, what if Apo's punch was strong enough to hit her actual body, waking up from her sleep?

I'm not good at theories...
    Its not a bad idea but tbh i think that there is to much of her *humanity* shown to Allen to make her that much inhuman. What i mean is that at rewindtown she emphasizes on being a human making allen feel her heartbeat etc, yet that she is way more then just a human. So how would that work out? Does that mean that we can just forget about that part and continue to believe road is no more then some projection but her *true* host?
    So i think she might be the real deal but she can alter her form on will (dream/daydream) That doesn't change her shape like Lullubell is capable off but Road can change appearance, also dream up items for her own use. In a way like a magician does. Illusions come to life.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

hey guys, I asked imperial scans on Facebook about dgm and the answer wasn't good

me - Hey!! I don't wanna be annoying but, will dgm comes out fast this month ? You guys have the best translation (: thank you all

Imperial Scans - A few more days to be honest.

me - thank you
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

16. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter looks really great and it reveals a lot of things.
    first thing is Allen knowing who nea is and their relationship. Allen being older than 16 was something known. all the things that happened to him so far and the fact that he was implanted with nea's memories before he died or during 35 years ago didn't look right. how he stayed young for all that time is a mystery for me. I thought that Mana gave his life force to Allen so he would stay alive long enough for Nea to awaken.
    another thing is the lost memory. it keeps being mentioned all the time throughout the story. first Allen not being able to remember his past. Mana not being able to remember how he aged so much. the noah how got memory damage while fighting Nea and not remembering the things that happened in the battle,and it just happens to appear a character that can erase memories.
    regarding kanda, I don't think that he is becoming a fallen one. He will still fight the noah and the akuma. he did not run away he just changed his resolve. I think his inoccence reacted to the apo.
    this story gets more and more complicated by every chapter.
    Last edited by matan; July 09, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matan View Post
    regarding kanda, I don't think that he is becoming a fallen one. He will still fight the noah and the akuma. he did not run away he just changed his resolve. I think his inoccence reacted to the apo.
    this story gets more and more complicated by every chapter.

Probably you already know this but just to avoid any confusion, a fallen one is not necessarily the result of someone trying to run from their innocence but it is generally something that results when one betrays the cause, purpose and ideals of the innocense or at least that's what I get from it.

New Reply
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast