Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 476 Discussions/477 Predictions

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 476 Discussions/477 Predictions

Well if there's something to really be upset about, it's not about Hongo getting the victory, but its all the potential greatness Jenezad could have brought to future arcs and fights, just being wasted =/

I mean I don't think it would have been hard to have the Elder drop in and diffuse the whole situation, allowing everyone to escape etc etc. Sure, the Princess would have been screwed, but who cares about her, she could go hide somewhere.

Although I guess I can see other problems down the line, but only if Hongo lived.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh common jenazad was at least 2 times stronger than hongou and just because some tenacity to martial arts bullshit he defeats the supreme silat?! Then why doesn't kenichi defeat his masters, the elder, and all OSNF by himself and then rape miu and all the other girls because he has more tenacity towards martial arts than anybody in that universe. I thought that this arc had a salvation when saiga appeared for the 1st time, but now this arc doesnt have any salvation, not even miu's rockin body can save this arc

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To me what bothers me is the physics of the situation. Akira and junazad have insane physical strength, enough to throw tanks at each other easily. However, masters are not actually insanely heavy. They probably are insanely heavy by human standards due to their muscles however they don't border anywhere near the tons as far as we know. When akira gave that final attack to junazad he used an upward thrust which junazad held down. considering the weight and strength of each character even at this point junazad should have been lifted by the force of the thrust when he grabbed it rather than staying stationary. Ok, even if we assume that didn't necessarily have to happen the moment hongo kicked his elbow it must have necessarily happened. In this situation we should assume junazad's experience is crap because merely keeping his arms riggid (and we know they were strong enough to hold his own weight) would have resulted in him being pushed back rather than getting impaled. So... is junazad a moron? Would a physics class have saved him and thus doom kenichi and the gang? Would scooby doo have assumed it was mr jenkings under junazad's mask? We probably will never know.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To me what bothers me is the physics of the situation. Akira and junazad have insane physical strength, enough to throw tanks at each other easily. However, masters are not actually insanely heavy. They probably are insanely heavy by human standards due to their muscles however they don't border anywhere near the tons as far as we know. When akira gave that final attack to junazad he used an upward thrust which junazad held down. considering the weight and strength of each character even at this point junazad should have been lifted by the force of the thrust when he grabbed it rather than staying stationary. Ok, even if we assume that didn't necessarily have to happen the moment hongo kicked his elbow it must have necessarily happened. In this situation we should assume junazad's experience is crap because merely keeping his arms riggid (and we know they were strong enough to hold his own weight) would have resulted in him being pushed back rather than getting impaled. So... is junazad a moron? Would a physics class have saved him and thus doom kenichi and the gang? Would scooby doo have assumed it was mr jenkings under junazad's mask? We probably will never know.
    You have an valid point, but since when has the "normal" law of physics ever been applied to the fighting in this manga? Lol not when you have the Elder running on water or Hulk jumping through the lower atmosphere or Jenezad crawling and standing upright on the side of buildings like Spiderman
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; June 05, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I was thinking along the same lines as kkck. "Why didn't he jump back" was the first thing I thought when I saw it happen.

However, I'm sure we could think if plenty of ways Jenezad could have avoided the stab and lived to kill Hongo, but it doesn't matter. All we can do is try to forget haha.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could honestly care less if Akira doesn't make another appearance for the remainder of the story; he should be dead anyway nothing can be said that justifies his win over Jenezad random flashbacks propelling ridiculous power ups despite the circumstances Jenezad fell victim to becoming a plot device...oh well moving on

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    Akira himself stated he was an inferior fighter.

You talk about bruises but they are all subjective as you can't tell how great the damage is, that kind of thing is unreliable but the author uses it for shock value. They may look gruesome but in manga this kind of damage remains unreliable and counts only as external unless a character states that it was internal damage. It will probably be stated when they treat Akira's wounds.

Now let's stop with the "I think/It looks like/It should be" and go to the facts: a hole through the body equals death.

In Akira's flashback you saw how something as mundane as bullets can hurt a master-level fighter. Akira's top technique was an unavoidable (if he is close) killing thrust, he also did the knee hit with his right leg (the good leg).

He did not became stronger, he repeated his best and last attack. Being close and two hands was all he needed to execute it. Akira's vital organs were fine and after the adrenaline rush he fell. Your bone to pick is with the end of chapter 474, a character clinging to life is unheard of... is this your first manga by any chance?
    You're right, it is impossible to precisely adjudge every bit of damage inflicted on an individual in a manga. Determining an approximation of that damage is not. There is also the fact that the level of damage Akira had sustained was mentioned by Jenezad himself. You know, when he told Akira that he had killed him already. So your entire argument is pointless.

The purpose of the flashback, Sakaki's comments, the sequence of events and the outcome of the fight seem to contradict your statement. Also, I've already said I don't oppose last gasp efforts, I simply oppose those that begin entering the territory of nonsensical.

Oh, this also is not my first manga. I do wonder when the first time you contribute something useful to this conversation is going to be though, thoughtful yet completely thoughtless witticisms notwithstanding.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

On a side note I am growing increasingly alarmed about the Sakaki and Akira's rather strange relationship. It was odd enough they teamed up at the beginning of this arc, but understandable given the situation at hand. However, I was disgusted with the way Sakaki was cheerleading(exaggerating) for Akira during the fight; when was it like 30 or 20 chapters ago Akira was trying to kill you, but now you offer your shoulder for Akira to lean on? how lame lol I thought these guys were fierce rivals, but they seem more like butt buddies to me haha
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; June 05, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know about either of them being oil diggers however I never got the impression they were anything but friends. Akira and Sakaki have never fought out of hatred, they have done so out of principle. Akira killed hajime and tried to kill sakaki not because of hate (if anything, everything we have seen suggests they are pretty much best buddies) but because he sincerely believes that fighting with their lifes on the line and being willing to kill should be returned with the exact same thing. From akira's point of view, sakaki insults him every time he lands a hit without killing intent. For akira, it would be an insult to his enemy to not respond with deadly attacks when being attacked by such. Neither of them would admit it though.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    You have an valid point, but since when has the "normal" law of physics ever been applied to the fighting in this manga? Lol not when you have the Elder running on water or Hulk jumping through the lower atmosphere or Jenezad crawling and standing upright on the side of buildings like Spiderman
    Well, there is this moment. Of course, the laws of physics were only preserved by a biological impossibility. This very moment should have set the tone for junazad to survive though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper
    On a side note I am growing increasingly alarmed about the Sakaki and Akira's rather strange relationship. It was odd enough they teamed up at the beginning of this arc, but understandable given the situation at hand. However, I was disgusted with the way Sakaki was cheerleading(exaggerating) for Akira during the fight; when was it like 30 or 20 chapters ago Akira was trying to kill you, but now you offer your shoulder for Akira to lean on? how lame lol I thought these guys were fierce rivals, but they seem more like butt buddies to me haha
    They pretty much like Kenichi and Natsu(and hermit is a tsundere in here), so nothin wrong in here just a fiew buddys with their own view on how thing should be done.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Does natsu qualify as a tsundere? I mean, he drastically changes personalities but that is actually because he has taken the time to create a second persona for school while his "real" self is quite distinct from it. He does not switch at random between them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    Does natsu qualify as a tsundere? I mean, he drastically changes personalities but that is actually because he has taken the time to create a second persona for school while his "real" self is quite distinct from it. He does not switch at random between them.
    Well he surely trying to be cold with Kenichi, but in fact he is pretty much care for him...i always remember Hermit vs Berserk fight where hes come in and saying "it's not like i came to help you, just Berserk took my pray, so..." and this kind of things happened several times)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Akira is going to return to Yami just like that? How absurd there must be repercussions for teaming up with Ryozanpaku and killing another member of OSNF I wonder if they're going to revoke his membership or something like that...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got some twisted impressions after this Arc. Well. I like Hongo, but his fight against Jenazaad was noit even strange. He should have died several times and in the end Jenazaad was the one who died and died in wquite a lame way.
    So now the Arc is practically in its end, but what will they do against tasnks? Hongo can't do anything now as he is heavily injured and Sakaki will have to help him dodge otherwise all of them would die. I think someone will intervene and help. Maybe Elder?

P.S. I also want Kenichi to make some growth after this Arc. At least in terms of experience. He've seen tons of fights between Masters during this Arc. It would be also interesting to see Elder and other Masters teaching him some interesting moves.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    So Akira is going to return to Yami just like that? How absurd there must be repercussions for teaming up with Ryozanpaku and killing another member of OSNF I wonder if they're going to revoke his membership or something like that...
    In case you havent noticed the one shadow (leader of all yami) just helped the disciple and probably the reason for the massive fued between ryouzan and OSNF i doubt akira 'sort of helping sakaki' i say sort of just because the only time he really helped him was at nuchards castle every other time jenezad has been akiras goal he only attacked jenezads secret base to find and fight jenezad and sakaki just happened to be looking for kenichi who was there so its more like their goals just intertwined for a little while its not like they full planned it out before they went to tidat together lol hongou just randomly showed up.

everyone stop badmouthing hongou akira, he's a saint!

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I've got some twisted impressions after this Arc. Well. I like Hongo, but his fight against Jenazaad was noit even strange. He should have died several times and in the end Jenazaad was the one who died and died in wquite a lame way.
    So now the Arc is practically in its end, but what will they do against tasnks? Hongo can't do anything now as he is heavily injured and Sakaki will have to help him dodge otherwise all of them would die. I think someone will intervene and help. Maybe Elder?

P.S. I also want Kenichi to make some growth after this Arc. At least in terms of experience. He've seen tons of fights between Masters during this Arc. It would be also interesting to see Elder and other Masters teaching him some interesting moves.
    Knowing matsuena he'll make ken seem really weak again then he'll do some elder training and seem really strong. Then in the next arc he'll be weak and afraid of everything again lol.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast