Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 476 Discussions/477 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ThePhantomStriker's Avatar
    Country
    St Lucia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 476 Discussions/477 Predictions

So now a war begins...did not see that coming. Although I wasnt a fan of the demon fist am a bit sad he went out that way. Really wanted to see more from him against other opponents. oh yea I love how the god fist walked out like a boss stating his business here was done only to stumble lower down...lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see more disciple fights from now on I think all these master fights are growing a bit excessive. I mean this was the longest HSDK fight to date smh.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, so now that the worst fight in the history of Kenichi is over we can move on to something less aggravating. I would just have to point out that the 'Victory is Mine' followed by his immediate rapid flight away from Jenezad removed any credibility Akira had managed to hold onto after the fight. I still don't understand how, arguably, the most fascinating master villain could be taken out by such an irrelevant and rather uninteresting character through the use of such ridiculous plot devices. But, I can still hope Akira gets killed in the next few chapters. Obviously, I'm a little bitter about the outcome of the fight because that outcome seems seriously unlikely at this point. I can only hope that Akira is relegated to the shadows for a long time, his appearance will likely only serve to annoy me.

Now maybe we can see some real action in the next few chapters, maybe from the main character who has, for some reason, been watching some random dude fight for what seems like a year.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I would just have to point out that the 'Victory is Mine' followed by his immediate rapid flight away from Jenezad removed any credibility Akira had managed to hold onto after the fight.
    Yes, he would be soooooo smart if he took Silcardo's suicide attack. Unlike Silcardo, Akira knows about finishing moves.

Well... I ate my words for nothing but no one would have predicted Akira's victory given the circumstances.

This is the end not only for a great warrior but for Silat's supreme style. We will remember it.

Silcardo learned the hard way what we (Akira included) know from "The good, the bad and the ugly":

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" or "When you have to kill, kill, don't play".

They took Silcardo's death better than expected, huh.

Sakaki, you shameless tsundere: "I... It's not like I want to help you or something... I just want to stay here okay!? Hongou no baka!"

An army, so what? Sakaki is at full health.

Now that Akira must remain with them for a while, will he think about his position?
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; June 04, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ThaGreatOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    Jenezad was an interesting character far more entertaining than Akira...for him to die like this because of sheer asspull.....its really disheartening well done Matsuena you've not only found a way to extend this horrible arc with civil war, but you've reached an all time low...congrats
    Pretty much. I'm wondering how a young Elder was given a tough time with this guy only for an outmatched akira to beat him....oh yea he didn't have plotshield back then nice At least the arc ends soon. Guess we know that the top tier masters can be beaten by weaker masters. No suspense anymore trying to figure out who will win.
    Mashiro SUCKS end of story. Better yet all viazards outside of Shinji were trash

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

You're just forgeting the fact that Jenezehad was presented to us as an extremely veteran fighter, who had a lot fight experience, how would he let a fighter surprising him not once, but twice? And please, also let's not forget that Akira was without mobility (oh I forgot, in mangas like this, even dislocate your own body doesnt affect you a thing, even after a statement made by another veteran fighter that it would somewhat cripple Akira, I mean, if you are destined to win by author's writing) . Please, don't buy a random power up legitimated by as well random flash back and cheesy dialogues, the only fact here is the fight sucked, for the simple reason that brought to us a cheap logic to justify a cheap ending.
    By the way, just look at the first fights of this manga, when masters didn't blow up mountains. Ah, the dbz disease, I really thought that HDSK would be free from this curse , but as Bleach, Naruto and other "profiting franchises", logic (and when I say logic, the logic that was presented to us at the beggining of a manga, how its "world" operates) was underrated.

Oh, sorry about my grammar.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Stevenh1990's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justtoday View Post
    You're just forgeting the fact that Jenezehad was presented to us as an extremely veteran fighter, who had a lot fight experience, how would he let a fighter surprising him not once, but twice? And please, also let's not forget that Akira was without mobility (oh I forgot, in mangas like this, even dislocate your own body doesnt affect you a thing, even after a statement made by another veteran fighter that it would somewhat cripple Akira, I mean, if you are destined to win by author's writing) . Please, don't buy a random power up legitimated by as well random flash back and cheesy dialogues, the only fact here is the fight sucked, for the simple reason that brought to us a cheap logic to justify a cheap ending.
    By the way, just look at the first fights of this manga, when masters didn't blow up mountains. Ah, the dbz disease, I really thought that HDSK would be free from this curse , but as Bleach, Naruto and other "profiting franchises", logic (and when I say logic, the logic that was presented to us at the beggining of a manga, how its "world" operates) was underrated.Oh, sorry about my grammar.
    But the logic that happen in this fight was presented earlier in the manga .

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenh1990 View Post
    But the logic that happen in this fight was presented earlier in the manga .
    It was stated when Honoka asked about power in masters and when Kenichi lost to messy hair.

They just hear what they want to hear and disregard everything else. It is like talking to a wall.

Akira's condition was better than Apachai's when fighting Agaard, Silcardo was close so Akira just resorted to his moves (killing moves all of them). Fixing dislocated limbs is not such a great feat, Heero Yuy did that long ago and much other characters that were way weaker in power than the characters from this manga.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; June 04, 2012 at 08:04 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

sakaki: "he crawled all the way up here with his body in that state? as expected of my disciple" How is that even impressive miu basically just jumped the whole building lol. Stuff like that annoys me. Or another example when ken was fighting kokin and koukin could of basically killed him right off the bat if it wasnt for kens phone ringing. Like dude how long can ken be bad at such simple things like 'preparing for battle' or 'stoping a fatal attack at the beginning of the match' you'd think those would be the basic of basics in disciple school. I dunno idc about the rest of this arc but matsuena better come up with some good ken development next arc or im going to find his twitter page and write very harsh things lol.

Also i get why jenezads servants are bowing but how come rona and her posse are aswell? lol
    Last edited by blackmidnight; June 04, 2012 at 10:15 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    It was stated when Honoka asked about power in masters and when Kenichi lost to messy hair.

They just hear what they want to hear and disregard everything else. It is like talking to a wall.

Akira's condition was better than Apachai's when fighting Agaard, Silcardo was close so Akira just resorted to his moves (killing moves all of them). Fixing dislocated limbs is not such a great feat, Heero Yuy did that long ago and much other characters that were way weaker in power than the characters from this manga.
    The difference between Jenezad & Akira was far greater than that between Agaard & Apachai, who were fighters comparable in strength. Yes, inferior fighters can win against stronger foes through intelligent strategy and through force of will. Those things are reasonable. Akira was inferior to Jenezad by every measure as was shown throughout most of their fight. Akira first attempted to sneak attack Jenzad, and he failed. A win during this attack could be considered luck, or just shrewd tactics. It would be unfortunate, but it would be acceptable or at the very least believable. However, this opportunity failed to give the win to Akira and he sustains further injury. Now battered, bruised and knocking on death's door, he suddenly becomes a far superior fighter. That is the component of this fight that veers from any sort of reality or manga history. It would be one thing if Akira made a last gasp attack against a fighter he was comparable to, in terms of power, and succeeded in the battle, or figured out some novel strategy to combat him. But that wasn't what happened. He suddenly exceeded himself while his body was in terrible condition, managing to corner an opponent he couldn't touch when in tip-top shape, all thanks to a random flashback. That is not logic at work. That is a plot device, and a rather terrible one at that.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kataomoi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    sakaki: "he crawled all the way up here with his body in that state? as expected of my disciple" How is that even impressive miu basically just jumped the whole building lol. Stuff like that annoys me. Or another example when ken was fighting kokin and koukin could of basically killed him right off the bat if it wasnt for kens phone ringing. Like dude how long can ken be bad at such simple things like 'preparing for battle' or 'stoping a fatal attack at the beginning of the match' you'd think those would be the basic of basics in disciple school. I dunno idc about the rest of this arc but matsuena better come up with some good ken development next arc or im going to find his twitter page and write very harsh things lol.

Also i get why jenezads servants are bowing but how come rona and her posse are aswell? lol
    I can see where your coming from. There were parts in the manga that were pretty wtf..One example that really got on my nerves was the fight between Akisame and Alexandar where Alexandar had his "death stance" where he said that he won't stop even if his eyes were gouged out or his legs were chopped off..All of a sudden he passes out for a split second " oh I loose", stuff like that :/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaidars loss was an honour loss, he did his best attack and ended up passing out in front of a master, if Akisame was satsujinken he woulda been dead.

This civil war pop-up isn't really suspenseful, Sakaki is still 100%, & they got the princess with the ridiculous royal attire to make a country-saving speech. After which I sincerely hope we never see Tidat again.

FuS

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    Gaidars loss was an honour loss, he did his best attack and ended up passing out in front of a master, if Akisame was satsujinken he woulda been dead.

This civil war pop-up isn't really suspenseful, Sakaki is still 100%, & they got the princess with the ridiculous royal attire to make a country-saving speech. After which I sincerely hope we never see Tidat again.

FuS
    I was kinda bummed when there was like another "turn of events" at the end of the chapter but hopefully this one goes nice and quick

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the fights over and the distasteful ending makes me wanna see stuff that comforts, like kawaii Chikage, and crazy people like Sieg again. Tidats army is not doing anything for me at all, maybe this is a way to imprison Jenazads fanatics so there's no plot holes, when we leave this place?

Just before the Sakaki-Akira fight, it was The Bewitching Fist who suggested Jenazad take Miu for a disciple (the underwater meditation scene). That never made sense to me. Yami doesn't seem like the sharing type of group maybe she planned on Jenazads death or at least injury? Either way let's go back to Japan!

FuS

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Now battered, bruised and knocking on death's door, he suddenly becomes a far superior fighter.
    Akira himself stated he was an inferior fighter.

You talk about bruises but they are all subjective as you can't tell how great the damage is, that kind of thing is unreliable but the author uses it for shock value. They may look gruesome but in manga this kind of damage remains unreliable and counts only as external unless a character states that it was internal damage. It will probably be stated when they treat Akira's wounds.

Now let's stop with the "I think/It looks like/It should be" and go to the facts: a hole through the body equals death.

That is the component of this fight that veers from any sort of reality or manga history. It would be one thing if Akira made a last gasp attack against a fighter he was comparable to, in terms of power, and succeeded in the battle, or figured out some novel strategy to combat him. But that wasn't what happened. He suddenly exceeded himself while his body was in terrible condition, managing to corner an opponent he couldn't touch when in tip-top shape, all thanks to a random flashback. That is not logic at work. That is a plot device, and a rather terrible one at that.
    In Akira's flashback you saw how something as mundane as bullets can hurt a master-level fighter. Akira's top technique was an unavoidable (if he is close) killing thrust, he also did the knee hit with his right leg (the good leg).

He did not became stronger, he repeated his best and last attack. Being close and two hands was all he needed to execute it. Akira's vital organs were fine and after the adrenaline rush he fell. Your bone to pick is with the end of chapter 474, a character clinging to life is unheard of... is this your first manga by any chance?
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; June 05, 2012 at 04:20 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast